Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Best SINGLE Ride On A Coaster?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Mean Streaker on September 20th, 2016, 5:16 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering what everyone's best SINGLE ride was on any coaster. It doesn't have to be your favorite coaster, just one ride that you will remember forever.

Mine was on X-Flight at the season pass preview. It was my last ride of the day. I was in the front row on the left side and it was dark out. It was an amazing feeling and the best single ride I've ever had on any coaster.
Mean Streaker

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 20th, 2016, 6:11 pm
Skyrush
Front row
Right wing
At night

'nuf said

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on September 20th, 2016, 7:36 pm
Edit: I just wanted to clarify, this was probably one of my most MEMORABLE rides on a coaster, not really best, per say.
I've had multiple rides that stand-out from others (Goliath at night, 2nd to last row; American Eagle in the rain; Batman, Eagle, and Viper backwards, etc.) but one of my best experiences was riding Ragin' Cajun for the first (And last) time on October 6th, 2013. (I remember dates lol)

I was kind of excited at first when rumors circulated that Ragin' Cajun's last season was 2013, because it would mean I could finally have a defunct SFGAm credit. I never bothered to ride Cajun pre-2013, as I thought the line just wasn't worth it. Me and my family got in line for it in August 2013 (I believe it was the 9th, if I remember correctly) but we ended up getting out of line after about 25 minutes as the line wasn't getting anywhere. I didn't think much of it, as I knew I could just get my final ride during Fright Fest. But then people started saying it was going to close on Labor Day and that got me really worried. Thankfully, it was still open for Fright Fest and I got my chance to ride.

Based on stuff I had heard on here and on TPR, I wasn't expecting much. I was slightly irritated by the short-looking line which ended up being around 45 Minutes, but I was kind of happy to finally be able to say I'd been on a coaster that was removed. Going up the lift-hill I thought the coaster was going to be lame, but it ended up being really fun, I didn't even get nauseous. I was actually laughing from the time the train left the lift-hill until the brake run. I especially loved the first drop and that diagonal spinning airtime hill. I also liked that synchronized sound that played throughout the ride, it was kind of weird not hearing it in 2014. It was also pretty sad seeing the empty plot of concrete where just a few months prior a really awesome coaster stood. R.I.P. Ragin Cajun 2004-2013 (Yes, I'm aware that it has been moved to Six Flags America)
Last edited by RollingCoasting on May 4th, 2017, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 20th, 2016, 10:42 pm
First ride on Goliath the day after it opened for CAD in an eerie fog around 11pm. Will remember that ride forever.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterCale on September 21st, 2016, 8:05 am
I would have to say there was this one ride on Raging Bull where the airtime was insane. An extremely loose restraint helped, but I was literally out of my seat on every hill.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 21st, 2016, 10:48 am
First ride ever on Goliath (June 30, 2014) - I actually asked my friend to pray for us before we got on! I was a little nervous about that first drop to be honest

First ride ever on X Flight - October, 2013 - I was a bit surprised about the dive loop. I wasn't really expecting it, and all the other inversions were super awesome

Superman - October 2013 - riding it in the rain. Was a very unique experience

Eagle - 8/15/2016 - took my daughter (6yo) on it for the first time! She was nervous but then we went 3x more and she was even putting her hands up during part of the ride!

Demon - 6/30/2015 - first time on Demon for my daughter (was 5yo) She was grinning on the lift hill and then after the first 2 loops she said "Daddy, I just did 2 loops" to which I replied, "Great honey! We've got 2 corkscrews to go through!". We hit that ride 6x that day

Dark Knight 8/22/2014 - first time for my daughter (was 4 yo) - she got scared by the loud gunfire and drop but then she wanted to go again!

Raging Bull 8/8/2014 - I was riding with friend and his son and his daughter and her friend were in separate row. After our first ride, 4 of us did a reride in the SAME ROW (very last row I believe)! My friend took our photo
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Foltzy on September 21st, 2016, 4:59 pm
Okay this is an odd one but it sticks out.

I was riding Farenheit and right when we got on it started to pour. I was in the front row with my sister and the rain just started to pelt us. However, it was my first ride on it and I was having a blast. I just started laughing and couldn't stop, cause it really hurt, but was just so much fun.

Another one was last year I got the last ride of the night on batman in the front row with some friends. It was awesome. Don't really know how else to describe it
Foltzy

Return to General Coaster Talk