Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Buy or Build your own theme park???

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Coaster Justin on December 17th, 2016, 8:47 am
Day 17: Haunted House in the Wave Pool

As Halloween got bigger and bigger and more crowded, There was a need to have more houses and not just in the theme park. One idea was to enclose the Wave Pool (Imagine roughly where Wahoo Racers are) with a tarp and add some plywood boards, scareactors, and boom, a Haunted House. Was cancelled due to estimated costs for the construction and fears if there would be rain regarding the tarp. Replaced with an Outdoor Maze removing scareactors and tarp worries.

So if you ever wondered why some haunted houses has nautical themes, Now you know and knowing is half the battle. GI Joe.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on December 17th, 2016, 4:28 pm
That actually sounds like one of the best ideas for a haunted house! Coulda had a shipwreck theme or something, maybe called "Lost At Sea"?
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on December 18th, 2016, 1:00 pm
Day 18: World Of Color like Nighttime show in Southwest Action Theater

Nighttime shows are that special cookie that people need in order to spend the entire day at the park. Spending the entire day would indicate spending alot of money. While I've had Fireworks shows and Laser shows many times, After a viewing of World Of Color at DCA, I have been scratching my head trying to come up with something that would be half as cool as that show thus, I would've had something like it. Cancelled due to not having a stunt show and thus the passholders would sadly have less to do. A Giant screen as well as some practical effects would complete my version of the attraction. Another reason as to It's cancellation is my need to have new shows as often as possible (Even though I did have a parade type for 4 years in a row) and spending 20-30 million on 1 show for 1-2 years is not a smart financial decision. I can't recommend highly enough to watch World Of Color at Disney's California Adventure. WARNING: Not the Celebrate or Holiday versions but classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRtNDFwWwgs

Updated!
Last edited by Coaster Justin on December 19th, 2016, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on December 19th, 2016, 5:03 am
Day 19: Daytime Parade instead of Nighttime Parade

Pulling a page from the Shapiro book would've had a daytime parade going along the parade route. It was Daytime so as to not compete with the Nighttime show posted above. Rumored to be themed to Fairytales like Red Riding Hood, Humpty Dumpty, Robin Hood, Puss In Boots, Cinderella, and Little Mermaid (Gotta love Public Domain characters) however when the Nighttime show was cancelled the daytime parade was too.

Don't ask me why I used PD Fairytale characters instead of my original characters (Lucky The Cat, Goofball the Gerbil, Jenny The Jackrabbit, Princess Alexis, Jester Jake, King Ken) it just made sense to me late at night.

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on December 20th, 2016, 4:03 am
Day 20: Replacing Pirates Pizza & Pasta (aka Angelo's) with a New Restaurant

It should be obvious regarding Aunt Martha's into a Rollercoaster Restaurant and wanting to do something to New Orleans Grill that I do take pride in unique food locations and themed locations. One idea was to completely remove Pirate's Pizza & Pasta, Building a Real Steamboat, and adding a new food place called "Paddlewheel Pizza" to better fit the Yankee Harbor theming. Menu would've stayed the same. Cancelled due to estimated budget, capacity, and safety issues.

This is an example of what I was thinking of, Except all white

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on December 21st, 2016, 11:17 am
Day 21: Nighttime Water Show in Carousel Plaza

After cancelling the idea of a Nighttime show in the Southwest Action Theater, I thought about having it in the reflection pool and adding jets/sprays/and fountains. There would also be a screen in front of the carousel. It would maybe have been cool but was cancelled for 2 main reasons: 1 Being that it would bottleneck the entrance/exit so if you didn't want to see the show, You'd be battling crowds to leave and 2, The location would have only been perfect for a small section as the edges of the pond would not have shown the show at it's best. Another daytime parade was planned (See above) but when this idea ended, So did the parade.

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on December 22nd, 2016, 7:24 am
Day 22: SpongeBob Dark Ride where Professor Fizz is going (The Maintenance building next to Eagle's Station)

Research and Development spent an entire year to create and design unique attractions before I went to Nickeloden/Creators of Spongebob for the rights to the character. For you non-Spongebob fans out there, a Recurring theme is that Spongebob is in Boating school and can't graduate cause he's not the best driver (To put it mildly) and allows 1001 ideas regarding a dark ride. The ride would've been themed to Spongebob trying to get his boating license and hi-jinx ensue. The ride would've featured only Audio-Anamatronics instead of screens and not be interactive, Outside of that, the ride would've been similar to Justice League. The queue line would've featured a Ms. Puff's explaining how your all trying to get your Boating License. The entire ride was inspired by an episode of Spongebob called "Tutor Sauce" (Link below) however as with Jellyfish Rapids, Krusty Krab, and turning Fort Fun into SpongeBob Land, that once the rights were denied, The plans died with them.

http://www.cartooncrazy.me/watch/sponge ... tor-sauce/

Fortunately, A Much needed interactive dark ride is opening in April.

Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on December 22nd, 2016, 9:07 pm
A Spongebob themed dark ride really would've been a family favorite if actually added. I really like Professor Fizz though, so hopefully Nickeldoen's rejection was worth it
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on December 23rd, 2016, 12:17 pm
Day 23: Tiered System All-Season Whizzer Pass

Disney was the first to create a cut-the-line program that all other parks took and did their own way with. In 2012, They came out with MyMagic+/FastPass+ where you can book 3 attractions a day. Having not been a stranger to borrowing Disney ideas, and with Six Flags/Cedar Fair/Herscend coming up with all season fast passes made me dip my toe into those hopeful extra profits. Essentially the idea was for 1 season, You'd get front of the line access to 5 rides a day everyday the park is open. Here's a List of the 2017 attractions available for the Regular pass and I'll explain more:

• 01 : Cajun Corkscrew
• 02 : Demon
• 03 : Extreme Eagle
• 04 : Hurricane
• 05 : Kodiak
• 06 : Outlaw Bandit
• 07 : Tornado Adventure
• 08 : Viper
• 09 : Whizzer
• 10 : Witch Doctor
• 11 : Comet
• 12 : Dynamite Drop
• 13 : Flying Crows
• 14 : Professor Fizz’s Factory
• 15 : Strat O Stat
PS, 1-10 Are Coasters, 11-15 are flat rides/non coasters

Essentially it would mean you would have to pick 3 Coasters for Tier 1 and then 2 Non-coasters for Tier 2. It was cancelled after hearing the major problems Disney is having with their MyMagic+.

So if you want to guarantee to ride those 15 rides in 1/2 the time, You have to pay the huge cost of $45 for one person, $10 for each additional person. Or you can stand in the SRL for 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,14, and 15 (Plus many others)

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on December 24th, 2016, 12:37 pm
Day 24: Fireworks Factory themed Interactive Dark Ride

The park for years has needed an interactive dark ride to help with unpredictable Chicago weather and family attractions count. Before Going with Professor Fizz, I had plans to add a Fireworks themed Dark Ride. Essentially the idea was you going through a Fireworks Factory and that whenever you shot something, Something would move rather Fireworks launching, Pinwheels turning, and other wacky and silly things. The idea came from a list on Wikipedia regarding unbuilt Disney attractions and since they didn't use it, It's open arms. However when it was revealed that Disneyland added something like it, The idea had to be changed fast and so I contacted John Wardley and Sally Corp to help create the new for 2017 attraction, Professor Fizz's Factory based on Chessington's Professor Burps Bubbleworks.

Links Time!

Fireworks Factory Picture

And a Video of Professor Burps Bubbleworks (My ride will use track and not water)
https://vimeo.com/144684964

Coaster Justin

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 24th, 2016, 2:34 pm
A fireworks-themed dark ride would've been so cool! I can imagine the ending to be similar to the showroom in Firechaser Express, but with a spinout instead of a launch.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on December 24th, 2016, 8:04 pm
I thought Fireworks Factory was the original name for Professor Fizz...? :| :?
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on December 25th, 2016, 3:42 am
I was torn between a Fireworks themed dark ride and a Soda themed dark ride. When I googled Fireworks Factory and saw that Disneyland had one, The Fireworks one was cancelled and the Soda one was approved.

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on December 25th, 2016, 10:08 am
Day 25: Hotel With Indoor Waterpark

After turning the park into one of the Top Coaster parks in the country, One of the largest waterparks in the United States, and one of the best Halloween and Christmas Events in the Midwest, What's left to do but increase multi-day stays than a Hotel with Indoor Waterpark. The resort was to be called "Plymouth Rock Resort & Indoor Waterpark" and while as the park is themed to America and the Waterpark is themed to Hawaii, It was decided to take a Colonial American theme for the Waterpark. Initial rides called for the Following (And they were intentionally made different from the Outdoor Waterpark on Purpose)

1. American Eagle (Proslide Hydro Magnetic Mammoth/Tornado)
2. Mayflower Falls (Proslide 3 Body Slide Complex)
3. Washington Landing (Proslide Ride House 400 with 6 Slides)
4. Tidal Wave Pool (20,000sqft Wave Pool)
5. Gulf Coast (10,000sqft Kids Pool)
6. Boston Harbor (10,000sqft Activity Pool)
7. Mighty Mississippi (900ft Lazy River)
8. Freedom Flow Rider (Proslide 1,200sqft Flow Rider Single Surf)

And while as most indoor waterparks get by years after years without expansions or whatever, The park was designed to have additional attractions added to it, To increase hotel Occupancy and Waterpark capacity

9. Chicago Loop (Whitewater West Super Loop)
10. Mount McKinley (Proslide Turbo Mammoth) (5 Guests)
11. Adrenaline Rushmore (Proslide Tornado Wave 60) (4 Guests)

It's unknown where I would've built this but it was probably cancelled due to estimated cost of at least 150 million to build and there are much better things I could spend with that money.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa, and Happy Festivus to all of you.

Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on December 25th, 2016, 10:45 am
Huh. Seems like a rather "interesting" theme for a waterpark. I love Adrenaline Rushmore though :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on December 25th, 2016, 1:17 pm
What is everyone's favorite and least favorite things I planned but never built?

Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on December 25th, 2016, 2:37 pm
Oh, didn't realize that was 25 xD. Favorite is day 15, I've always wanted a GCI on that side of the park. Definitely not at the cost of Iron Wolf, but something nearby. Least favorite is probably 19 because I'm not a huge parade guy
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 25th, 2016, 3:27 pm
My two favorites were probably the GCI and the Chocolate restaurant.

My least favorite would've been the Spongebob Roaring Rapids, since it's too far away from the planned Spongebob area.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on March 24th, 2017, 3:59 am
2017 MayDays Concert Lineup (Free With Admission)

May 06: Bryan Adams
May 13: Bridget Mendler
May 20: Kelly Clarkson Feat. Reba McEntire
May 27: Bon Jovi

Events
- Race, White, and Blue around the park is held on April 22nd. Entry is $20 with $15 going to “Diabetes Research”. Entry includes a Ride on Professor Fizz’s
- Opening Day is April 29th

Professor Fizz is 90% finished and Storm Inversion is getting final touches. Both will be open on Opening Day. Bobby's Eatery (Strutters) is undergoing final details and won't be open until Mid-May.

Other New Things
- Bandit Express is added to Great Southwest, Replacing Wild West Arcade (Finished)
- Honolulu Hot Dogs are Added to Blue Marlin Food Court in Hawaiian Waves (Finished)
- 2 ICEE Freestyle Machines is added to County Fair (Finished)
- 6 SnappyScreen Locations are added to Hawaiian Waves (60% Done)
- Aunt Martha’s is Refurbished and Renamed “Bobby’s Eatery” and given a Rollercoaster Theme (80%)
- British Rock Performs at Grand Music Hall (Ready for Opening Day)
- Xtreme Stunts Performs at Theatre Royale (Ready for Opening Day)
- Thomas & Friends: Bubbling Boilers Plays in The Pictorium (Ready for Opening Day)
- Merlin Vs. Morgan LeFey Performs at Southwest Action Theater (Starting in June)
- Fireworks Show is added called Ignite America (Ready for Opening Day)
- Krazy Karaoke is performed at Center Stage (Finished)

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on March 29th, 2017, 11:22 am
Pics for Each New Addition

Bandit Express (Replacing an Arcade) (Indoors)

Honolulu Hot Dogs

ICEE Freestyle Machines

Snappy Screens (I could've posted one with a girl in a bikini but I chose not too)

Bobby's Diner

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on April 7th, 2017, 11:41 am
Hint for my 2018 (15 Hints from now until the announcement)

April 1- Metal
April 15- Hockey
April 29- Dark and Darker
May 6- Z
May 20- Scott
May 27- Pie
June 10- 901
June 17- Water
June 24- Electric
July 8- MPH
July 20- 2-5-4
Last edited by Coaster Justin on July 20th, 2017, 4:01 am, edited 8 times in total.

Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on April 7th, 2017, 12:53 pm
Would it happen to be "Blue"? ;)
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on April 7th, 2017, 2:57 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Would it happen to be "Blue"? ;)

No

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on April 15th, 2017, 10:29 am
Timeline Of Management- 2017
• 8th Annual Tropical Islands Ice Jump happens on January 14. Entry is $20 with $15 going to “Chicago Homeless”. Entry includes Cocoa and a Free Towel
• Race, White, and Blue around the park is held on April 22nd. Entry is $20 with $15 going to “Diabetes Research”. Entry includes a Ride on Professor Fizz’s
• Opening Day is April 29th
• Professor Fizz’s Factory (Sally Justice League Knockoff in the Maintenance Building next to Eagle) is added to County Fair
• Professor Fizz's Pineapple Explosion (Pineapple Soda, Vanilla Foam, and toasted Marshmallow on top of it) is added near Professor Fizz’s
• Storm Inversion (Zamperla Endeavor) is added to Hometown Square, Replacing Orbit
• Bandit Express is added to Great Southwest, Replacing Wild West Arcade
• Honolulu Hot Dogs are Added to Blue Marlin Food Court in Hawaiian Waves
• 2 ICEE Freestyle Machines is added to County Fair
• 6 SnappyScreen Locations are added to Hawaiian Waves
• Aunt Martha’s is Refurbished and Renamed “Bobby’s Eatery” and given a Rollercoaster Theme
• May Days is Held from May 6th to May 27th
• British Rock Performs at Grand Music Hall
• Xtreme Stunts Performs at Theatre Royale
• Thomas & Friends: Bubbling Boilers Plays in The Pictorium
• Merlin Vs. Morgan LeFey Performs at Southwest Action Theater
• Celebrating Great America Parade is again Performed
• New Fireworks Show is added called Ignite America
• Krazy Karaoke is performed at Center Stage
• Admission is raised to $64.00
• Junior/Senior Admission is lowered to $40.00
• Parking is $10.00
• Individual Season Passes are $122.00
• Family Season Passes are $100.00 Each
• Season Dining Passes are raised to $90.00

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on July 1st, 2017, 7:08 am
From Screamscape.com about COASTER JUSTIN'S FICTIONAL NOT REALISTIC Great America

2019- While the park is releasing various hints regarding 2018's new attraction, We've heard rumors that 2019 will be something for the waterpark with minor attractions in 2020 and 2021.

2022- According to a source of mine, The park has chosen this year for their next major coaster. All I know is that it's not an Intamin as recent news stories (Falcon's Fury, Shoot the Rapids, Inferno, Splash Canyon) have scared the park President from adding any of their attractions.

Future- I've heard from more than a few people that the park is conducting surveys on classic rides and if there's any they don't need, Which makes me think that some classic rides (Carousel, Sky Trek Tower, Whizzer, Demon, Ricochet, Sky Whirl, Yankee Clipper, Loggers Run, Rue Le Dodge, Whirligigs, Scenic Railway, Antique Cars) might be on the chopping block in the near future.

Edited to prevent confusion
Last edited by Coaster Justin on July 3rd, 2017, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to General Coaster Talk