Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Buy or Build your own theme park???

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Jodon on January 11th, 2016, 12:11 pm
Hypothetical situation: You win the $1.3 Billion Powerball jackpot by yourself on Wednesday and take home over $800 Million and you decide to own and operate a theme park. Would you rather purchase a pre-existing park or build your own park from the ground up?

If you want to purchase a pre-existing park, what park would you buy? What operational/fee/ticket changes changes would you make to it? Change any rides right away?

If you would want to build a new park, where would you build it? How big of a park will it be? What kind of rides would you open with? What would your ticket structure look like, Free entrance/pay per ride or single entrance fee with select upcharge attractions? Would you go the major chain route and nickle and dime for parking, everything else and emphasize season passes, or would you take the Holiday World approach and have free parking/soft drinks?
Jodon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 11th, 2016, 12:43 pm
Buy out SFGAm, make it family-owned, and have all of you guys be a big influence on decisions(as well as my own decisions, obviously).

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on January 11th, 2016, 6:43 pm
Jodon wrote:Hypothetical situation: You win the $1.3 Billion Powerball jackpot by yourself on Wednesday and take home over $800 Million and you decide to own and operate a theme park. Would you rather purchase a pre-existing park or build your own park from the ground up?

If you want to purchase a pre-existing park, what park would you buy? What operational/fee/ticket changes changes would you make to it? Change any rides right away?

If you would want to build a new park, where would you build it? How big of a park will it be? What kind of rides would you open with? What would your ticket structure look like, Free entrance/pay per ride or single entrance fee with select upcharge attractions? Would you go the major chain route and nickle and dime for parking, everything else and emphasize season passes, or would you take the Holiday World approach and have free parking/soft drinks?

I would build a new park in Nashville.
About 120 Acres (I would go the Blackpool/ Kennywood/ Grona Lund and build rides through rides)

18 Rides I'd Open With
1. Zierer Tivoli Large (Robin Hood)
2. Gerstlauer Euro Fighter with Lap Bars (Wabash Cannonball)
3. Gravity Group Wooden Warrior Clone (Twisted Timbers)
4. Sellner Tilt A Whirl (Yellowwood Whirl)
5. Chance 50ft Carousel (Southern Belle Carousel)
6. IWERKS Motion Simulator (Tennessee Turbo Theater)
7. Zamperla Endeavor (Hot Chicken)
8. Zamperla Water Mania (Turtle Typhoon)
9. Chance Giant Wheel (Star Wheel)
10. Zamperla Flying Carousel (Music City Swings)
11. Larson Flying Scooters (Firefly)
12. Zamperla Mini Drop Tower (Tomato Tower)
13. Zamperla Camp Bus (Lucky's Campground Bus Tours)
14. Zamperla Disk'O Coaster (Dizzy Devil)
15. Zamperla Speedway (Strawberry Speedway)
16. Zamperla Log Flume (Mountain Zoom Flume)
17. Zamperla Convoy (Cumberland Rivers Trucking Company)
18. Chance Electric Car Ride (Freeway 45)

POP- Roughly $25 for an Adult and $15 for Kids. 5 Dollars Parking (10 Dollar Discounts after 5pm)
I would never have an Upcharge ride in the park. Arcades/Games are the farthest I will go

I would have Free Soda and Emphasize Season Passes ($70?) and Dining Passes ($60?)
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby JaminOut on January 11th, 2016, 11:46 pm
I will buy out Great America and rename it... GREAT AMERICA (Clever, right?). Considering Six Flags own a lot of copyright and trademarks I'd have to remove, I would pay to hold the rights to Looney Tunes and DC Comics for an additional year; though with Justice League coming in, I would extend the rights to that for 10 years to have time to come up with a new theme and premise for it. All other trademarked rides will be remodeled or closed rather quickly. I would rebuild the park in multiple phases starting with Orleans Place.
Phase One A:
-Superman and Dark Knight are the elephants in the room, so assuming I'm handed right January 1st, 20xx, I would do a quick repaint of the blue supports and turn them black, calling the ride Fury. New trains would be made to be black, red, and gray. I would repaint the station and close up the building; add in some red LEDs and black lights, and you'll find a new ride. Reopens Memorial Day weekend.
-Dark Knight would be more of a challenge. I'd keep it the way it is and close it Labor Day for renovations to reopen next year.
-Condor would be upgraded to a G2 model.
-Re Le Dodge can remain the same.
Next on the list is Mardi Gras. Nothing major would change here, so we'll just skip over it. Onto Yankee Harbor.
Phase One B:
-Yankee Clipper will remain the same.
-Batman would close Labor Day to reopen for Fear Fest* in late September as Nightrider. I would repaint supports purple, enclose the cattle gates under the station and add purple LEDs, add more fog in the wind tunnel, and add a cool techno soundtrack.
-Whirligig is fine.
-V2 would also close Labor Day and would get its holding brake back in time for Fear Fest!
Yukon Territory has minor improvements.
Phase One C:
-Go Karts close Labor Day and will be replaced with temporary flat rides (Two) the next season.
-Little Dipper is fine.
-Loggers Run is fine.
Concludes Phase One, phase two is about Fear Fest.
Phase Two: The equivalent to Fright Fest. Shows will still play in the theaters, attractions will be in their normal spots, but no Bermuda Triangle. It will be replaced with a new haunt in the Dark Knight Queue and another one on the go kart track. Terror Twister 2 returns, as well as Rue Le Morgue.
Year 2 of operation eliminate most branding.
Phase Three A:
-Dark Knight reopens with an underground corridor theme (Unnamed).
-Branding is removed from Kids Areas and select rides are removed.
-Goliath is still Goliath, but columns are added for theming and pictures are added to station building like originally planned.
-American Eagle gets an RMC ibox retrack/reprofile with red and blue rails. Millennium Flyer trains are added.
-Dare Devil Dive remains.
-X-Flight water features are added back with new coat of paint on the support that bleed from the mist.
-Demon is staying no matter what you say. Fog is added back to tunnel and old lights are replaced with new LEDs. Closed Memorial Day to 2nd weekend of June.
Hometown Square is next on the list.
Phase Three B:
-Whizzer gets a repaint, otherwise it's fine. Closed 2nd week of June to July 3rd.
-Orbit gets upgraded to G2 over winter.
-Hometown Square gets a remodel between July 5th and Labor Day.
Year 3 marks Phase Four/ work on Southwest Territory.
Phase Four:
-Viper retrack/reprofile by GCI over winter.
-Giant Drop gets new drop sequences.
-Ferris Wheel added in Trailblazer's old spot.
-Buildings get a repaint.
-Waterpark renamed Tsunami City

Those are the ride updates I would include.

HOURS:
Preseason:
Thurs. 3p-10p
Fri. 3p-11p
Sat. 10a-11p
Sun. 10a-9p
Regular Season:
Mon.-Thurs. 10a-11p
Fri.-Sat. 10a-12a
Sun. 10a-10p
Fear Fest:
Thurs. 4p-11p
Fri. 4p-12a
Sat. 11a-12a
Sun. 11a-10p

TICKETS:
Season Pass holders of Six Flags are allowed during 1st year. After that, you pay our prices.
1Day: $50
2Day: $75
Season Pass: $80
Pass Plus: $100
Parking: $10
Speed E Zone (FP): $40
Plus: $75
No dining passes sold.

That pretty much concludes it for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 12th, 2016, 2:05 am
^That... is really good. My only complaint is how you skipped over Mardi Gras. If I were you, I'd merge it back with Orleans Place, rename rides accordingly, and put in a high quality flat in RC's spot.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on January 12th, 2016, 7:41 am
I would have written more into Mardi Gras and Hurricane Harbor, but it was late. I would eliminate the areas and make it an amusement park (with the exception of Southwest Territory and Hurricane Harbor.
Phase 5:
-Kids Area gets renovated with newer attractions (Kidzopolis rides go to storage).
-Add theming to Train.
Phase 5:
-New flat ride in Kidzopolis' dome.
-Remove flats from former Go Karts
Phase 6:
-Two words. Intamin. Blitz. Entrance at go karts, ride loops around to Buccaneer's former spot. Goes above games building. Themed to Forest, so facades are put up as well as actual landscaping to make the ride feel forest-like.
Phase Seven:
-Build parking structure in backlot (4 stories tall)

And from there Justice League opens with new theme within the next few years, and regular additions will be added.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Jodon on January 13th, 2016, 11:46 am
Some really good responses so far! Figured I would answer my own question...

I would have a tough time deciding between buying a park or building my own. My homepark is SFGAm and while it should be a great park, there are so many issues with it that I might want to purchase it to help fix the issues. On the other hand, I've thought for a long time that the Chicago market could support two theme parks so I could see myself wanting to build my own park in the western suburbs of Chicago to compete with SFGAm. So, I'll give you my ideas for both.

Purchase SFGAm:
Phase 1:
1. Remove the trim brake on Raging Bull provided B&M signs off on it. Reinstate the special effects on X-Flight.
2. Change the ticket structure, lowering the daily ticket a little to $60, but increasing the season pass to $175 and lowering parking to $10 the first year and explore the option of free parking. Waterpark goes back to being included in the ticket price.
3. Increase staffing and training at rides and food vendors, then provide an incentive structure to ride operators/vendors based on their capacity compared to the optimal throughput of the ride.
4. Put a S&S Screaming Swings in the vacant Rajun Cajun' lot and a Zamperla Hawk in the vacant Trailblazer spot in Southwest Territory.
5. Refresh 2 themed lands a year and rename all the rides to fit the themed areas and remove licensing brought in by Six Flags.
6. Change up ride cycles for King Chaos, Revolution, and River Rocker.
7. Replace Buccaneer Battle with flyers and a Huss Booster

Phase 2:
1. Turn the Dark Knight queue back into a theater and have a high quality musical review or magic show.
2. Remove Loggers Run, Yankee Clipper, and the Wilderness Theater and replace with a new and highly themed flume and an Intamin Blitz that interacts with the new flume ride and Roaring Rapids
3. Build two Proslide water coasters in the waterpark.
4. Remove Gokarts and use that space to make that area the new and improved kiddie land with Little Dipper as the focal point.
5. Move the kids rides from the Kidzopolis to the new kiddie land and build a gigantic play structure similar to Fireman's landing at Silver Dollar City
6. Remove Pictorium and use that land for a station and queue for a new coaster that interacts with the main gate and water park.
7. Remove American Eagle and replace with a giga.
8. Keep Whizzer as long as possible
9. Replace Demon with a similar sized looper ride with a 42" height limit that reuses the tunnel but would use LED lighting.
10. Replace Revolution with a Huss Giant Frisbee or a Zamperla Giant Discovery

Build My Own Park:

I would build my park in the Chicago suburbs off of 90, 88, or 55, and far enough away from an airport to not have to worry about height restrictions. I think I would like to use a wristband ticketing system like Waldameer where you can either purchase an all day wristband or pay per ride. I wouldn’t charge for parking or soft drinks. All day passes would be about $50-60 and individual rides would cost between $1.50 and $7. I would offer a season pass for $150-175. My park would be a straight up amusement park without any themed areas, but would have fantastic landscaping and tons of trees.

Some rides that I would open with:
Coasters:
Intamin Blitz
Classic wooden coaster like the Coney Island Cyclone or Knoebel’s Phoenix
Intamin Hyper
B&M Giga
RMC topper track “woodie”
B&M Floorless Looper
B&M Inverted
Intamin Accelerator similar to Storm Runner but significantly longer
B&M Launched Wing Coaster
Dueling RMC T-Rex coasters
Gravity Group Jr. Woodie
S&S Compressed Air Launch Family Coaster or something similar

Flat Rides:
S&S Screaming Swings
Huss Giant Frisbee
Side by Side Flyers
Side by Side ARM/Larson Drop Towers
Classic Flume Ride
River Rapids Ride
Shoot the Chute ride
Classic Carousel with the Brass Ring Game
Huss TopSpin
Zamperla Air Race
Zamperla Hawk
Scrambler
Troika
Zamperla Enterprise
Big Kiddie Area with the Jr. Woodie, small steel coaster, gigantic play area, and several other small flats
Interactive 3D Shooting Dark Ride similar to Toy Story Midway Mania
Zierer Wave Swinger
Funtime SkyScreamer

I would also have a few shows:
Circus Show
Magic Show
Dive Show

I wouldn’t open with a water park, but would put one in within 10 years of opening.
Jodon

Postby CoasterCale on January 18th, 2016, 10:38 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Buy out SFGAm, make it family-owned, and have all of you guys be a big influence on decisions(as well as my own decisions, obviously).

Choose your words wisely, especially with some users on here.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 18th, 2016, 10:46 pm
^By that, I mean the more logical thinkers and veterans of the site(i.e. You, Coaster Justin, kossdude1, tribar, FParker185, Dan the Coaster Man, etc.(also, no hard feelings if I missed your name, just don't want to have a large running list of users)).

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on January 19th, 2016, 12:40 am
^Pretty much most of the people who post regularly here (logically, of course).

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 19th, 2016, 12:58 am
I should also mention that I said you'd influence my decision, meaning that I am still a human that can make logical choices. For example, although I'd really like a Giga, it wouldn't instantly work financially and topographically.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on January 19th, 2016, 9:12 pm
I can back those decisions then.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby sfgam-fan on January 19th, 2016, 11:04 pm
With a billion dollars, I would buy SFGAM, tear out Buccaneer Battle, Dark Knight, and the Go Karts, and then sell the park for a hefty profit :lol:

Then I would use the profits to buy Iron Wolf from its new owners and relocate it to my back yard a la Richie Rich.
sfgam-fan

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 20th, 2016, 12:44 am
sfgam-fan wrote:With a billion dollars, I would buy SFGAM, tear out Buccaneer Battle, Dark Knight, and the Go Karts, and then sell the park for a hefty profit :lol:

Then I would use the profits to buy Iron Wolf from its new owners and relocate it to my back yard a la Richie Rich.

Or you can get a brand spanking new B&M Standup for like $15 million...

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby sfgam-fan on January 21st, 2016, 9:44 pm
Why not both?
sfgam-fan

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 21st, 2016, 10:58 pm
If I were to have a park one of my personal priorities would to have unique, not seen much type of rides. Those awesome models that you always hoped would be installed more would be found at my park. That goes for all types of rides.

And all drinking machines would be Coca-Cola Freestyles.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby JaminOut on January 22nd, 2016, 9:30 am
^Free drinks?

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 22nd, 2016, 11:43 pm
JaminOut wrote:^Free drinks?

Hm I loved Holiday World but u think I would still charge for drinks. But not as much as they are now. Same thing with parking, I would still charge, but maybe just $5
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby FParker185 on January 24th, 2016, 11:33 pm
HW charges for both soft drinks and parking, they just do it in ways that keep the customer happy. Drinks added $4 to the admission price, and I forget the price of parking, I wanna say it was $5 or $7, so if you fit 6 people in a car, technically you pay $30-40+ to park. Hell, you pay to park even if you show up without a car, it's the beauty of the system of rolling the price of everything into admission :)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Coaster Justin on January 25th, 2016, 5:01 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^By that, I mean the more logical thinkers and veterans of the site(i.e. You, Coaster Justin, kossdude1, tribar, FParker185, Dan the Coaster Man, etc.(also, no hard feelings if I missed your name, just don't want to have a large running list of users)).

Many will tell you that I am not logical but I guess I am a veteran.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby JaminOut on January 25th, 2016, 6:43 pm
Haha, I guess you would fit into list then.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 3rd, 2016, 6:32 pm
I've been meaning to post in this for a while, but last night's chat really sparked some ideas. (Thanks Justin!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously I can't really base my response on the jackpot from January, but I'll just go along with it:

I would rename the park to "Great American Adventure."

2017:
New addition: I'd add a Zamperla Giant Discovery in Ragin Cajun's spot and name it "Crazed Cajun" and a Larson Flying Scooters in Sky Trail's Old Spot and call it "Fairground Flyers." Demon would be closed until Memorial Day so it could receive new Vekoma MK1212 Trains, paint the rails red, bring back the effects, and rename it "Demon: Repossessed." I would also buy rights to bring KFC and Pizza Hut.

Here are some changes I would make to each section of the park:

2017:

Carousel Plaza:
- Flags would be renamed "Great America Gifts"
- Cotton Candy Factory would be renamed Cotton Candy Express(Not sure if Six Flags has rights to the name or not, but just incase)

Orleans Place:
- Superman: Ultimate Flight would be renamed "Windrush." Track would be painted black with green spines and the blue supports would be repainted the same color. All DC References would be removed
- The Dark Knight would be renamed "New Orleans Murderer" and all DC References would be removed.
- Heroes would be renamed "Windrush Souvenirs" and I would relocated the exit for New Orleans Murderer so it wouldn't go through this shop anymore.
- SWEET TREATS would be renamed Sweet Treats and the Jelly Belly sponsorship would be terminated.
- Bugs Bunny and Co. would be renamed Orleans and Co. Gift Shop.
- Primo's would become Pizza Hut.
- Go Fresh Cafe would renamed New Orleans Sandwich Shop

Mardi Gras:
- Crazed Cajun would go in Ragin Cajun's old spot.
- Roaring Rapids would be renamed White Water River and half of the boats would be painted blue(Again, not sure if they own the name or not.)
- Johnny Rockets would revert back to Bayou Grill

Yankee Harbor:
- Batman: The Ride would be renamed "Iron Hawk." All DC References would removed, track would be painted blue and supports would be repainted Indian Red. It would obtain a fully out-door queue and the space where the entrance/Gotham City Park part of the queue was would be removed and replaced with a shop (More on that later) and the Entrance would be where the Dippin Dots stand currently is. It would receive anchors, life-vests, and Hawk and ocean wave sound effects in the queue line. The station would still be partially enclosed, but themed to a ship.
- V2 would be renamed "The Plunge." Like Iron Hawk, it would receive anchors and life-vests in the queue, along with boat horns, storm warning, and ocean wave sound effects. Colors remain the same.
- Antique Photo Emporium would be removed and replaced with a large kiosk similar to the one by the Gotham City Arcade, but bigger.
- Iron Hawk Gifts would replace the Gotham City part of it's queue line, and the exit to Iron Hawk would go through it. On-ride photos along with Iron Hawk and The Plunge gifts would be available. Tidal Wave blueprints would be sold here.
- Gotham City Arcade would be renamed "Yankee Arcade."

Yukon Territory
- Yukon Territory would be renamed Klondike Territory
- Winner's Circle Go-Karts would removed for future expansion. Buzzy Bees would go in it's spot for the season, where the station was.
- Cartoon Cabin would be renamed "Northwest Gifts."
- Mooseburger Lodge would become "Klondike Meat Shack."
- Claimjumpers Chicken would be renamed "Gold Rush Eatery"
- Yukon Games would be renamed to Klondike Games
- Camp Cartoon would renamed "Kamp Kids"
- Sno Mixer would be replaced with a "Scoop's Ice Cream" an in-house ice cream franchise, which would appear in multiple places around the park.
Rides would be renamed the following:
- Bedrock Boulder Roller would become Kamp Wheel
- Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine would be renamed "Kanoe" and the roof would be removed. It would receive a new paint job to resemble a canoe.
- Yogi's Yahoo River would be renamed "Kamp River Adventure"
- Rocky Road Rescue would be renamed "Kamp Karts" and the carts would be repainted/redesigned to look like golf carts.
- Spacely's Sprocket Rockets would be renamed "Kamp Koaster."

NEW Rome section of the park.
- Goliath would be renamed "Gladiator" and receive more theming.
- Fiddler's Fling would be renamed "Roman Spin."
- Sticky Fingers would be renamed "Gladiator Sweets and Treats" and would sell funnel cakes and Italian Ice.
- Funnel Cake Foundry would be renamed "Taste of Rome" and would serve Roman Cousine.
- Goliath Arcade would renamed "Colosseum Games."
- Fairgrounds Junction would be renamed "Roman Junction."
- New sign would be past Taste of Rome, so the bathrooms are still in County Fair. Also, you can no longer access Taste of Rome from County Fair, as the steps on that side would be removed.
- Thrillseekers would be renamed "Gladiator Gifts." (Kind of ripped the name off of JonnyRCT3's park)
- Goliath Snacks would become Snack Shack.

County Fair
- Johnny Rockets would be renamed County Grill. It would serve burgers, hot-dogs, and pizza.
- Kidzopolis would be renamed "County Fair Playground."
Ride rethemes would go as follows:
- Zoomjets would be renamed "Red Jets."
- Up Up & Away would be renamed "Playground Flying School."
- Krazy Kups would be renamed "Round and Round."
- Bouncer would be renamed "Playground Up And Down."
- Krazy Kars would be renamed "Car Race."
---
- Dare Devil Dive would be renamed "Sky Jump."
- X-Flight would be renamed Flight Fright and would be themed to an abandoned air-port with a crashed plane added to the queue line. The old effects would come back.
- Buccaneer Battle would be renamed "Pirate River."
- X-Gear would be renamed Flight Gear
- Leather Xcessories would be renamed Flight Fright Apparel.
- S.F. Kidz would be renamed County Fair Gifts
- Both Totally Kickin Chickens would become KFCs
- Demon Funnel Cakes & and Snacks would be renamed Haunted Snacks to support the new theme.
- Cotton Candy Factory would be renamed Cotton Candy Express.
- Kidzopolis Snacks would be renamed Playground Treats.
- X-Flight Snacks would be renamed Flight Fright Snacks.
- Primo's Pizzeria (Food Court) would be re-branded as Pizza Hut.
- Go Fresh Cafe (Food Court) would be re-branded as the Eat Fresh Cafe
- JB's (Food Court) would become BarbEQ
- Cold Stone would be renamed Scoop's Ice Cream Shop
- Chop Six would become The Rice Bowl.
- Buccaneer Battle games would become Pirate River Games.
- Kidzopolis Stage would be renamed Playground Stage
- All Dippin Dots carts would be renamed Scoop's Ice Cream Shop.
-M&Ms would lose its sponsorship with Demon: Repossessed

Metropolis Plaza:
- Metropolis Plaza would be renamed "City Hall."
- All DC References to Metropolis Plaza and Justice League: Battle for Metropolis would be removed.
- Justice League: Battle for Metropolis would be renamed "Battle for the City."
- Gift Shop would be renamed "Battle Gifts."
- A "Scoops Ice Cream Shop" cart would be added where the Dippin Dots Cart is.

Southwest Territory:
- Raging Bull would be renamed "El Torero" ( The Bull Fighter) along with a repaint. Bull sound effects would be added after the drop, on the turn over the station, after the mid-course brake-run, and during the finale.
- Viper would receive a new logo and more theming.
- Cold Stone would become Scoops Ice Cream Shop.
- Pizza Hut would sponsor Raging Bull instead of Milky Way.

Hurricane Harbor:
- Renamed "Bonzai Beach"
- Riptide Bay renamed "Tidal Wave Bay"
- Castaway Creek would be renamed "Pacific Island Escape" and it would lose it's Hot Tamales sponsorship and instead be sponsored by KFC. It would be more themed towards Hawaii, and a volcano would be placed somewhere in it's course. It would shoot out water.
- Hurricane Bay is renamed "Bonzai Bay."
- Atomic Slide Complex is renamed Pacific Slide Complex
- Tornado is renamed Washout
- Bahama Mama and Bubba Tubba is renamed Raft River
- Skull Island is renamed Splash Island
- Wahoo Racer is renamed YaHoo Racer
- Hurricane Mountain renamed Kohala Mountain
- Hurricane Hank's Island Traders is renamed to Island Traders.
- Pink Flamingo Cafe is now Castaway Cafe
- 5 O'Clock Phil's is now Snack Shack,
- Six Below is now Scoop's Ice Cream.
- Dippin Dots cart is now Scoop's Ice Cream.

Hometown Square
- Strutter's is rebranded as a KFC.
- Primo's Pizzeria is rebranded as a Pizza Hut.
- Grand Music Hall is renting out it's space for local schools to perform all season long.
- Lost Parents is renamed to Family Center.

General
- Flash Pass is renamed Quick Pass
- Fright Fest is renamed Fall Fest
- Coke products are still sold.
- New Fluorescent Fridays parade at 9:30 until 10:00 on every Friday from Opening Day to Labor Day.
- The Mission area in Southwest Territory will host a fireworks show: Explosivo Gran Final from 9:30 until 10:00 on every other Saturday or Sunday from Opening Day to Labor Day.
- New Terrific Tuesdays dance party, parade, and karaoke in Hometown Square to Mardi Gras. (Follows Parade Route) 3:00 - 4:00 in the afternoon.

2018:
- Bonzai Beach expansion to replace Pictorium. New entrance by Sky Trek Tower's now former exit.
- El Torero: BACKWARDS from Opening Day until July 4th.
- Flight Fright: BACKWARDS from July 4th until Labor Day.
- American Eagle: Backwards Blue AND Reverse Red for Fright Fest until closing day in November.

2019:
- NEW in 2019!
ZOOM! (Spelled in all caps with an exclamation point :p)
Brand new Vekoma launched coaster featuring lap-bar restraints and a 77 MPH launch will debut in Hometown Square in 2019.
ZOOM!.png
ZOOM!.png (517.68 KiB) Viewed 26241 times

Red- Ride Entrance Area
Blue - Queue
Orange - Ride Exit (It may have to go over the waterfront)
Purple - On-Ride Photos
Yellow - Station
Green - Borders for ZOOM!
---
Hometown Fun Machine will be moved back to Klondike Territory as Saskatchewan Scrambler (Will be located next to Buzzy Bees, which has still remained)

2020:
Light the Sky show for the whole season.
American Eagle runs both sides backwards throughout the whole months of June and July.

2021:
Klondike Park - New Kid's area to officially replace the go-carts. Saskatchewan Scrambler and Buzzy Bees are included in this area.
New Orleans Murderer's last day is labor day.

2022:
King Swing - S&S Screaming Swing to replace New Orleans Murderer

2023:
Le Serpent (Again, name stolen from JaminOut) :P
B&M Giga in Mardi Gras
Last edited by RollingCoasting on August 5th, 2016, 10:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on August 3rd, 2016, 8:54 pm
Forgot to mention this, but I would paint the left side of Gladiator's track Golden.
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on August 3rd, 2016, 11:28 pm
I'm not going to go too far with this. BUT...

*Closed for 2017*

New Orleans get a complete facelift. Everything to the right of the path is cleared out. Facades are put up on both sides on the new New Orleans "street-esque" path. Condor, Pretzelman, and Dark Knight bite the dust. Palace Theater make a return, freshly remodeled. Katrina (a new B&M floorless takes the place of SUF and TDK. King Chaos is relocated to the stroller rental area and French Quarter Flyers (Larson Scooters take over the bathroom area. Crawdaddy's (new restaurant will replace the currently vacant one (Will be expanded to fit a haunted house in the fall season).
At dusk, the area turns into Mardi Gras with a Glow in the Dark parade, special lighting effects, and actors to add atmosphere.

Mardi Gras becomes Rivertown. Facades are put up around the area. A gazebo takes over the Balloons current location. Roaring Rapids becomes Saw Mill and adds theming to fit it's name. RC's spot becomes the queue for River Rat, a Chiapas inspired log flume (Picnic Grove's location. JWR is removed and replaced with a new, themed restaurant. Jonny Rockets building is repurposed for a haunted house in the fall.

Yankee Harbor remains. Batman becomes Storm Force w/ black supports and blue rails. V2 is removed, lighthouse is restored. Yankee Clipper is removed, Whirligig take over it's station area and is renamed Wave Swinger.

Go Karts are removed to create a new area: Kiddieland. Camp Cartoon rides are added back, and a Skateboard (i.e. Pipe Scream) is added.

Yukon Territory keeps its name. Camp Cartoon is removed along with Loggers Run and becomes a new launched Mack launched coaster called Forest Flyer. Wilderness Theater is also torn down for this project. THE strip of shops close and are fitted for a new haunted house in the fall. Goliath is renamed Lumberjack and theming is added to reflect the name change (don't worry, the trains will get new leads).

County Fair remains. American Eagle gets retracked. Kidzopolis is removed along with DDD. AE's line is shifted to make space for (the new) Great American Raceway. Revolution is removed to make room for A FERRIS WHEEL. The games building will be demoed and a Huss Frisbee XL will replace it. The food court will receive MAJOR restoration. Demon will get new Vekoma trains, effects will be added back, and rails will be painted orange. A super loop (called Super Looper) will be put in Skytrail's former spot.

Metropolis Plaza becomes Project X. JL is retrofitted so people ward off aliens instead of villains (DC brands removed). A Soarin' Eagles upcharge attraction is added as well as a slingshot.

Southwest Territory remains. Giant Drops queue is cut to make room for a Sky Roller named Gunslinger. Trailblazer's spot is fitted with a trabant (spelling) called Hallucination. It will be a year round Terror Twister Two experience. Viper is BURNED TO THE GROUND and replace with a new GCI labeled Viper :). Raging Bull's trims are removed.

Hometown Square remains the same.

Hurricane Harbor is removed for future renovations.

That is all.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on August 4th, 2016, 12:05 am
JaminOut wrote:Viper is BURNED TO THE GROUND

Did I actually just read that? :shock: :oops:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
If you want a GCI, rip out Demon instead.
RollingCoasting

Next

Return to General Coaster Talk