Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Thoughts on Six Flags New England

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby RaceBoarder on June 3rd, 2015, 9:02 am
Planning a 4 day getaway to Boston at the end of July... Going to include a day at SFNE while I'm out there... Just too many good vibes coming from Wicked Cyclone to pass up the opportunity... Anyone been out there?
RaceBoarder

Postby w00dland on June 4th, 2015, 11:47 am
It should have 2 of the world's best coasters now. I went back in 2010 and Bizarro is still on my top 10, amazing ride. They also have added a GIB from SFMM and have a decent Floorless coaster too, so I'd say definitely worth a stop.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby RaceBoarder on June 4th, 2015, 3:41 pm
w00dland wrote:It should have 2 of the world's best coasters now. I went back in 2010 and Bizarro is still on my top 10, amazing ride. They also have added a GIB from SFMM and have a decent Floorless coaster too, so I'd say definitely worth a stop.

That's exactly why I'm stopping... Too good of an opportunity with one of Intamin's top creations in addition to an RMC that is probably going make our's seem like a family coaster... Also get to check off my first Boomerang and Floorless credits... Lots of new stuff for this coaster noobie :o :lol:
RaceBoarder

Postby Foltzy on June 5th, 2015, 10:32 am
I mean I'd stop anyway for the credits but they've got a really good collection
I say it's totally worth it
Foltzy

Postby CoasterCale on June 10th, 2015, 1:04 am
From what I've heard the new trains suck on Goliath. It was my favorite ride in the park when it had the old ones in 2013. Bizarro is melodramatic and is a let down. It's more Floater than Ejector and Floater is pretty common. Cyclone was one of the roughest coaster I've been on, so I'm glad it got RMC'd. Batman isn't as good as Bizarro at SFGAd but is still a decent floorless coaster.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby FParker185 on June 10th, 2015, 2:26 am
When SFNE Superman/Bizarro ahd steel bodied trains with T bars, it was far and away my #1 steel coaster, like nothing could come even within sight of it, but since the conversion(s), it's still good, but not really rankable. (enormous drop)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby CoasterCale on June 10th, 2015, 12:49 pm
Thank you. That's why S:ros in my favorite over all coaster. The restraints make or break a ride.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby FParker185 on June 10th, 2015, 3:20 pm
Also with the lighter fiberglass car bodies you can feel a difference in what the ride is doing during later parts of the ride, doesn't hold the speed quite like it used to.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby RaceBoarder on July 29th, 2015, 6:55 pm
Sitting in Logan International waiting to fly back to Chicago... Spent all day yesterday at SFNE... Was not disappointed in the least... Very enjoyable day and the park was a nice change from SFGAm...

Wicked Cyclone is worth every bit of hype that it's gotten this season... RMC is doing things on a coaster that no one else is doing... Forces come from a 360* circle over the course of a lap... You just don't simply get thrown up vertically when airtime moments hit... you are thrown to the side in addition to being lifted vertically... RMC also does a great job of using the coaster's structure to hide the upcoming path... You thing you are cresting a straight hill, but there is an unseen left turn right as the bottom drops out... That's whet the lateral forces mentioned earlier come from... This coaster also keeps you on your toes till it's back in the station... Not a single instance of wasted space... Solid 10/10...

Bizzaro is the other star attraction here... Intimin is all about the speed and airtime with this fine piece of work... It trucks through the course and you know it... Bonus points for the audio component to the ride... The soundtrack is awesome... I'd love to see more coasters with this feature 8) Points do get docked for comfort however... The restraints are not tall friendly... They are meant for people who have their thighs sit low and forward... As someone with a 34" inseam, my legs felt jammed in and crampt... The restraint would sit awkwardly forward on my thigh because of this... Bad combo when you get massive amounts of airtime...
RaceBoarder

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 29th, 2015, 9:46 pm
RaceBoarder wrote: Points do get docked for comfort however... The restraints are not tall friendly... They are meant for people who have their thighs sit low and forward... As someone with a 34" inseam, my legs felt jammed in and crampt... The restraint would sit awkwardly forward on my thigh because of this... Bad combo when you get massive amounts of airtime...

Yes, I had a similar experience on Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags America. I am tall myself and I believe both Superman and Bizarro use the same trains. Was very unpleasant around the shins, and it takes away from the ride somewhat. But none the less Superman was still great (it's my #11 coaster), and I'm sure Bizarro was even better! Glad you had fun at SFNE :)
Dan The Coaster Man

Return to General Coaster Talk