Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New for 2015 - Your Favorite

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby skibum101184 on December 23rd, 2014, 2:31 pm
Out of all the new coaster installations/make-overs in 2015, which one are you looking forward to the most? This also includes make-overs such as Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone and Rougarou. I myself would have to say Fury 325.
skibum101184

Postby Sharon29060 on December 23rd, 2014, 3:41 pm
The coasters I'm looking forward to the most are Thunderbird and Twisted Colossus.
Sharon29060

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 23rd, 2014, 5:50 pm
Fury 325, the 2 RMCs, Thunderbird...

Basically all of them :-)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on December 24th, 2014, 1:43 am
With the exception of GateKeeper which just so happened to work because it was practically on the way to the SF Parks along the East Coast and Disney World this year, I don't visit parks that have new attractions. SFGAm is the only exception because it's my home park and would go there anyways. Basically, I'm saying it doesn't matter a whole lot to me.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby skibum101184 on December 24th, 2014, 9:17 am
CoasterCale wrote:With the exception of GateKeeper which just so happened to work because it was practically on the way to the SF Parks along the East Coast and Disney World this year, I don't visit parks that have new attractions. SFGAm is the only exception because it's my home park and would go there anyways. Basically, I'm saying it doesn't matter a whole lot to me.

Really wasn't asking if you were visiting, just which coasters you're most looking forward to seeing completed.
skibum101184

Postby FParker185 on December 24th, 2014, 9:07 pm
While there's a lot being built this year it looks like a very unusually weak class of coasters this year other than maybe Wicked Cyclone, so I'll go with that.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Coaster Justin on December 25th, 2014, 8:17 am
FParker185 wrote:While there's a lot being built this year it looks like a very unusually weak class of coasters this year other than maybe Wicked Cyclone, so I'll go with that.

What looks weak about Twisted Colossus?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby FParker185 on December 25th, 2014, 3:18 pm
I'd prob put that in the 2 spot, but a mid ride lift always kills the flow of a ride, while the ride time is long, the time out on the course each time is quite short and doesn't really do as much as they could have with what was available.
FParker185

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on December 25th, 2014, 4:09 pm
^^ You want to know what's weak? The support structure. :P

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on December 26th, 2014, 2:20 pm
skibum101184 wrote:
CoasterCale wrote:With the exception of GateKeeper which just so happened to work because it was practically on the way to the SF Parks along the East Coast and Disney World this year, I don't visit parks that have new attractions. SFGAm is the only exception because it's my home park and would go there anyways. Basically, I'm saying it doesn't matter a whole lot to me.

Really wasn't asking if you were visiting, just which coasters you're most looking forward to seeing completed.

I got that and still do. My point is just that I'm not going to a park that will have a new coaster so I don't really care if they're completed this year or not.

CoasterCale

Postby tp41190 on January 2nd, 2015, 11:53 am
Fury 325 will be interesting.

I am not one to really like B&M hypers, at least none of the newer ones. Leviathan really surprised me. Although the ride is short, it packs an awesome punch. Fury 325 should do the same, however there is a chance it could not be as good as Leviathan. From the animation, it looks like it meanders aimlessly for the last half of the ride. The layout also lacks airtime hills during the first half.

I'm over the RMCs already. Wicked Cyclone looks good, but that's it. Twisted Colossus looks like it's going to be just another addition. They could have done so much with that space, but instead they just made the same ride twice. I won't hold RMC accountable for the lack of creativity on the layout, but really...how many times are you going to use the rolls/stalls? Hopefully they can come up with some other variations of rolls and bunny hills.
[read]
tp41190

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 4th, 2015, 1:01 am
For me, I am really anticipating Wicked Cyclone. I really enjoy RMC's work (particularly Alan Schlike), a lot if it blows me away. And between all of RMC's coasters I've never been as shocked and excited as I am with Wicked Cyclone. To me the pace never slows up. Near the end it would but they have that awesome outside banked hill, it looks like it will provide some great ejector airtime (which I love).

I'm a little bummed with Twisted Colossus. I mean it'll be a good ride and all, but it just doesn't meet my personal standards I expect from RMC. Most likely another reason Twisted Colossus bums me out is because I went to SFMM in April. If only I waited a year, I would've been able to ride it. Yet, I rode Colossus, which is probably the most famous coaster I've ridden.

Fury 325 looks pretty sweet. Not really going into detail about it though.

I'm excited for Thunderbird. B&M's first true launched coaster. It opens up the door for more to come.

Out of all the new coasters for 2015, I'll only be able to ride Thunderbird and Rougarou. I'm excited about Rougarou too, hopefully it will make all the other lines at Cedar Point shorter. As for the actual ride, it's not one of my priorities to hit up at CP.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby MNSFGAmfan on February 15th, 2015, 9:59 pm
I think that Wicked Cyclone looks like the best new ride of 2015 because it is just nonstop action from drop to brake run. I don't see any dull moments on that ride. I hope I can ride it one of these days.

The only new 2015 ride that I will get to ride is Rougarou (though whether or not it really is a new ride is debatable). I don't think it will be the best floorless coaster out there, but it should be a fun ride.
MNSFGAmfan

Postby BLADE on February 20th, 2015, 11:50 am
1. Twisted Colossus
2. Wicked Cyclone
3. Thunderbird
4. Fury 325
5. Rougarou

I hope to ride Thunderbird, Colossus, and Rougarou this year, although my Magic Mt. fantasy is looking less likely.
BLADE

Postby CoasterCale on June 10th, 2015, 12:42 am
I just found out I'm going to Holiday World, so I'm really excited for Thunderbird. :D

CoasterCale

Postby FParker185 on June 10th, 2015, 2:20 am
I was shocked, Thunderbird is quite the passable ride, good even! Def better than X Flight (or any other wing coaster I've done)

But besides that, you're going to a park with 3 of the absolute best coasters on the planet along with a really damn good wing coaster. What's not to like?

Voyage may not be running good at all this year with the brakes, but even with that, it's better than 90% of the rides out there.
FParker185

Return to General Coaster Talk