Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Florida Parks

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby coastrcorey on March 2nd, 2003, 9:55 pm
In a little while we're taking a weeklong trip (7 days, 6 nights) to Florida. We've decided that we'll probably only go to a park only one day (maybe two if I beg enough)... What would you guys (and girls of course) suggest is the best park to go to while we're down there?
coastrcorey

Postby SfGaMownz on March 2nd, 2003, 10:33 pm
Number 1 definitly is IOA. Great themeing and great coasters.Number 2 MGM studios. I will never get enough of ToT and Rockn roller coaster.
SfGaMownz

Postby linebacker131 on March 3rd, 2003, 11:14 am
ya those are good parks but also busch gardens that is the best park there the have like 3 or 4 of the bst coasters i have ever been on then islands of adventure great water rides and realy nice coastershttp://www.rcdb.com/locationdetail15.htm thats for busch gardenshttp://www.rcdb.com/locationdetail206.htm that ioa
linebacker131

Postby coasterzak on March 3rd, 2003, 4:32 pm
I have heard that BGT is your best bet. With numerous great coasters, you can't pass it up. I heard that all in all it is better than IOA.
coasterzak

Postby T_Biggs on March 3rd, 2003, 5:32 pm
I've been to Sea World and Busch Gardens. Only spent like 3 hours at Sea World (and my parents complain it was a rip off... gee, I wonder why... Paying almost $20 an hour to be there when we had almost the whole day.) Even though I was only there for a little while, the little bit of the marine life I saw was cool, the water ride is the best I've ever been on, and Kraken is my favorite B&M around.BGT I spent more time at, not much more, probably 6 hours. Rode all the coasters but Python (down for yearly maintence.) All of the steel coasters are good, but I found Gwazi to be a worthless pile of firewood. I might have hit it on a bad day, because I hear plenty of other people praise it. I found it more uncomfortable than Shockwave. Anyways, Batman, in my opinion, is better than Montu, but no ride in the world can provide views as awesome as Montu in the front seat. Kumba is the best standard sit down looper I've ever been on, and is frequently at ground level which increases the sense of speed. Scorpion is a cool little ride, but very short. There are a couple flat rides, including a looping starship called Phoenix, which is just like Power Dive except for the way it is themed. Anyways, the rest of the park rules, with a great atmosphere, lots of wildlife, and excelent themeing. Transportation around the park is a breeze, too. A chairlift can quickly get you from the front to the back of the park, and the train has frequent stops around all of the park except Egypt. It is really worth going to if some people in your group are not into coasters, because it is also very big zoo, with very nice employees.
T_Biggs

Return to General Coaster Talk