Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Best Looking Roller Coaster at NIGHT

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on July 15th, 2011, 12:39 pm
This is for any park - SFGAm, SFOG, Cedar Point, Kings Island you name it what park. For the most part, to me a bunch of roller coasters at night don't look spectacular. It's in the dark, or has white lights on, but I do think a few are impressive. This is not to say I won't enjoy rides at night on roller coasters because I like the roller coasters themselves, but something like Superman at night is a complete traversity. They should have red, blue, and yellow lights, but it's just dark.

And sure, I understand that people like dark rides at night, but I rather see lights on rides that make the ride really stand out.

So, this is what I think the best looking roller coasters at night.
1. Flashback at SFOT- It has Triple Play style of light bulbs all over the ride, and it has a pattern of moving lights, and I like the way it does look.
2. Whizzer at SFGAm during Fright Fest ONLY - The green lights around, and the Predator guy at night look cool, plus the fog.
3. Millenium Force - I don't like this ride, but the lights at night just look so cool. Changing colors from blue, to purple to maybe red, it looks beautiful. The only bad thing is that it's not in front of the park so you can't see it from the parking lot. These are big lights - not bulbs.
4. Blue Streak - It has white LED lights on the whole structure with another pattern of moving lights, and everytime I go I forget to go on it at night (Probably because it's pretty empty during the day, so I go on something that's more crowded during the day at night.), and see the lights upclose, but I see it from the parking light, and geesh they look good.

Again, I'm not saying that oh V2 has those big white lights (floods), and thus I'm not going to go on V2 because it has it, but other colors of lights to ME would make it look so much better.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Necropolis on July 16th, 2011, 1:30 am
Ive only been to SGFAm so I can only say that Viper is my favorite ride at night to go on. You go inside under the structure and its so cool. You feel kind of enclosed. I also dont mind demon with the tunnel of lights, also Whizzer is cool also I agree. My other favorite at night is Roaring Rapids. Its kind of creepy with the trees and woods surrounding you plus you really can't see people getting ready to squirt you and the tunnel is also pretty cool. Thats all I can say.
Necropolis

Postby monsterfan99 on July 16th, 2011, 1:37 am
The ride may suck, but Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit. World class lighting all around and a highlight for the park. Looks even more amazing during the concerts as it seems like it's part of the show.

A close second is Gwazi while riding it. Ride looks okay size during the day but beyond huge at night. The fact the ride is amazing at night helps as well.
monsterfan99

Postby Luxornv on July 16th, 2011, 1:53 am
I'd have to say Millennium Force. It's all in the supports on the lift. What else needs to be said?
Luxornv

Postby CstrFan512 on July 17th, 2011, 9:37 pm
At SFGAm- Viper is amazing. The lights on the lift hill put you in and out of the light and you can get a really good view of the other rides. The sections where you go under the head choppers and it just freaks you out! Batman has barely any lights at all and throws you around without you seeing where your going. Superman is definatly more intense at night. One ride i would like to try but haven't is the Eagle. Anyone been on it and can tell me?

Other parks-X2, Maverick, and TTD.
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby Jackluver18 on July 17th, 2011, 9:48 pm
Eagle at night is awesome. Rode it 9 times in a row one night and it was crazy. It seemed faster to me at night. I don't know but it was very cool
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby tribar on July 17th, 2011, 9:55 pm
I think every coaster seems faster at night if you cant see where you are going
tribar

Postby Ace on July 19th, 2011, 10:06 am
I really enjoy eagle at night, and I love how it looks at night when they put the red and blue gels on the lights.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby [jonrev] on July 22nd, 2011, 3:45 am
American Eagle. Add chaser lights and it would be perfect.
[jonrev]

Postby skibum101184 on July 17th, 2014, 3:09 pm
I really couldn't find a specific post or photos so I figured this thread would be good enough. After looking through the photos on this page, and on Google itself, it seems there aren't a lot of evening/dusk/night shots of SFGAm out there. I know stuff may be hard to see, but the one photo of the Eagle's lit entrance on here is pretty cool. Anyone else have any cool evening/night photos of SFGAm they wanna share?
skibum101184

Postby RollingCoasting on July 17th, 2014, 3:36 pm
skibum101184 wrote:I really couldn't find a specific post or photos so I figured this thread would be good enough. After looking through the photos on this page, and on Google itself, it seems there aren't a lot of evening/dusk/night shots of SFGAm out there. I know stuff may be hard to see, but the one photo of the Eagle's lit entrance on here is pretty cool. Anyone else have any cool evening/night photos of SFGAm they wanna share?

I found those on Google. X-Flight and Raging Bull at night
RollingCoasting

Postby skibum101184 on July 17th, 2014, 4:02 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:
skibum101184 wrote:I really couldn't find a specific post or photos so I figured this thread would be good enough. After looking through the photos on this page, and on Google itself, it seems there aren't a lot of evening/dusk/night shots of SFGAm out there. I know stuff may be hard to see, but the one photo of the Eagle's lit entrance on here is pretty cool. Anyone else have any cool evening/night photos of SFGAm they wanna share?

I found those on Google. X-Flight and Raging Bull at night

Thanks, I found those two as well plus a shot of the Demon at dusk, but seeing if there were anymore out there. Looks like I'll have to make a trip to the park to take a few.
skibum101184

Postby FParker185 on July 17th, 2014, 4:29 pm
I'd have to go with, in no particular order, Olympia Looping, Millennium Force, Great NorEaster at Moreys, then any painted wood coaster with chaser lights plus Lightning Racer, which is not painted but still looks amazing at night.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 17th, 2014, 5:01 pm
I took this after the ERT a few nights ago:

uploadfromtaptalk1405634468869.jpg

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Foltzy on July 17th, 2014, 5:34 pm
Space mountain. The way disney shows the building is amazing
Foltzy

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on July 17th, 2014, 8:12 pm
Olympia Looping
Time Machine at Freetstyle Music Park
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby tribar on July 17th, 2014, 9:01 pm
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405648856.755375.jpg
tribar

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on July 18th, 2014, 12:31 am
Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby [jonrev] on July 18th, 2014, 7:19 am
I've got a few... there are times where I've debated taking exclusively night photos at the park...
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT 2011-2013 JRP/SFGAmZONEdotcom
[jonrev]

Postby skibum101184 on July 18th, 2014, 7:58 am
Thanks for sharing! I don't know, I just think evening/night shots tend to be a lot cooler than daytime photos.
skibum101184

Postby sfgam-fan on July 18th, 2014, 2:18 pm
Great pictures!
sfgam-fan

Postby Chitown on July 18th, 2014, 9:59 pm
[jonrev] wrote:American Eagle. Add chaser lights and it would be perfect.

My god. The idea of using the Washington St. exit is to get out quickly. I guess everyone had the same idea this evening.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby [jonrev] on July 25th, 2014, 5:14 am
Chitown wrote:
[jonrev] wrote:American Eagle. Add chaser lights and it would be perfect.

My god. The idea of using the Washington St. exit is to get out quickly. I guess everyone had the same idea this evening.

That was on 4th of July a few years ago - I think 2011. Even then, that kind of line to get out was really bizarre - and I just laughed as I walked past everyone to meet my ride in the business park on the other side of 94. Grand Ave. entrance was worse, IIRC.
[jonrev]

Return to General Coaster Talk