Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Something(s) each SF park could use/needs

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby gottastrata33 on October 8th, 2021, 2:38 am
I was really thinking about some of the parks & what they're missing. So it got me to thinkin - What is something you feel that any of the Six Flags parks/properties need or could use? This could be a show, a coaster, a flat, or simply something you'd like to see them upkeep/refurbish.

For starters, I have been thinkin a lot about Frontier City. This was once where headquarters were & within its first year back as a SF park, they got a new kiddie coaster & revamped kids area (I believe some are refurbished & they lost a kiddie coaster). I feel that was a perfect start but they're missing some major thrill coasters. I would Love to see the park get anything from an S&S 4D, a Zamperla Double heart, Intamin Halfpipe &/or a Gerstlauer euro fighter. I'm thinking narrow coasters since this park is so small.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 10th, 2021, 10:12 pm
It's interesting you mention Frontier City! I've been saying Buccaneer Battle would fit there and V2 could go there to replace Diamondback!

St. Louis needs something to replace the Superman Tower. Our park needs a thrilling flat (ie. Screaming Swing or Skyscreamer) and some heavy duty maintenance and upkeep.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on October 11th, 2021, 4:23 pm
SFOT- Runaway Mountain Overhaul?
SFOG- Hurricane Harbor Expansion
SFStL- Junior Coaster
SFGAdv- Less Dead Ends?
SFMM- Zamperla Teacups with Water?
SFGAm- Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown
SFAm- Pathway from Batwing to Coyote Creek
SFFT- ?
TGE- GCI Wooden Twister Coaster where Nightmare was
SFDK- Justice League Dark Ride
SFNE- Justice League Dark Ride
SFMex- Offer Free Water
LR- New Trains on Ednor
FC- Goliath from SFNE with new trains
SFDL- New Style Intamin Trains for Ride Of Steel/ 2nd Trains on their Coasters
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 11th, 2021, 7:12 pm
Justin, you had me cracking up with these 2:

SFGAdv- Less Dead Ends?
SFMex- Offer Free Water

I also agree with new Camp Cartoon for our park!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby FParker185 on October 11th, 2021, 8:43 pm
At SFStL, the Funtime Vomitron who's SF specific name I forget, is going to go into the former Superman location
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Goku1910 on May 12th, 2022, 3:57 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:SFGAm- Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown

I've been asking this for years. I would rather Kidzopolis though.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Coaster Justin on May 12th, 2022, 4:30 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:SFGAm- Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown

I've been asking this for years. I would rather Kidzopolis though.

Camp Cartoon has more land to expand on. Not just former rides, but maybe Employee Lot/Wilderness Theater
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby SFGAM__man on May 23rd, 2022, 11:16 pm
SFGADV should gut the whole area around SUF/Green Lantern and the area leading up to it and make it not like a ghetto carnival (not take out the rides, but redo literally everything else). Also re-do Nitro's queue and station which feel like you're in prison.

SFMM should get a personality and not feel like the dead amusement park in Scooby Doo.

SFDK has a big roller coaster that zooms literally right over the parks entrance...but its been SBNO for over a year. So literally everybody that comes into the park the first thing they see is a giant lawn ornament of a coaster looming right over their head...they should probably do something about that.

SFSTL needs a new good coaster. 15 years ago i'd say it was well to maybe even over-represented in good big coasters for its market, but since then all they've gotten is a sh*tty old Boomerang, and they removed their drop tower which was their newest big decent ride.

I feel similar about SFA that I do about SFSTL (much worse park than SFSTL but same idea). Their last big additions were Iron Wolf in 2012 and Ragin Cajun in 2014....you can only go so long before you need a good ride. Their last actual big new ride was Batwing 21 years ago, and that ride sucks.

To your point about Oklahoma being SF's headquarters, that was just because it was Premier Parks headquarters/where Kieran Burke was from so it became SF's headquarters by default after they bought SF. Six Flags HQ is where it rightfully belongs, in Texas right next to SFOT...after all the name of the company is SIX FLAGS, for its headquarters to be somewhere else was totally stupid (Mark Shapiro moved the HQ from Oklahoma to New York because he wanted the company to be taken more seriously, then it took Mr. short lived intermin CEO Al Weber to move it back to its rightful location in Texas).
SFGAM__man

Return to General Coaster Talk