Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Where do you like to ski?

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Dmrbug on January 11th, 2005, 11:04 pm
Hey all, hope you are all having fun this off season. I went up to Wilmontlast Sat and the place was PACKED until 4pm! I did have fun though. Any one have any good places to ski in Illinois or Wisconsin?
Dmrbug

Postby SFGA Bob on January 12th, 2005, 10:21 am
yeah, Wilmot is okay. my problem is that the people there really don't know what they're doing. every time I go there, I end up fearing for my life or someone else's. also, their rental equipment is horrible. there are a few other ski areas around IL/WI/MI, but I don't go to them anymore. my dad lives out near Aspen so I usually board out there.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby sixflagsguy5 on January 25th, 2005, 11:50 pm
I've been to Alpine once and Rib twice this year.
sixflagsguy5

Postby SIC COASTER on January 26th, 2005, 12:02 am
I like to ski in snow!
you smell
SIC COASTER
I love lamp

Postby CoasterDave316 on January 26th, 2005, 3:02 am
Timbe Ridge (located near South Haven, MI) is the only ski hill I have ever been on....and that was at least 8 years ago.

I remember I skipped out on the skiing lessons I was in, and me and my friend went off to learn ourselves. Did alright, just went straight down doing none of that carving back and forth stuff...then when we got toward the bottom we didn't know how to stop and both off us kept going until we hit a bunch of garbage cans that were up against a fence. That's pretty much the only thing I remember from last time I went skiing heh. Id rather snowmobile then go skiing. :)
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby The Beast on January 26th, 2005, 5:07 pm
I went to Swiss Valley in Michigan, seemed like a pretty second rate ski place. It was my first time, and of course I fell down a lot, including taking a pretty nasty fall hurting my head. Anyway it was alright, I just need to learn how to stop better.
Justin
The Beast

Postby sixflagsguy5 on January 26th, 2005, 7:48 pm
Do you guys own skiis or rent?
sixflagsguy5

Postby SFGA Bob on January 27th, 2005, 10:22 am
rent a board and boots, though I think I shoud pick up a pair of boots. actually, I should get both a board and boots, but boots is a good enough place to start.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby Mr. SFGAm on January 27th, 2005, 1:13 pm
We've got Rib Mtn right here in Wausau, but I have yet to get out there this year! :x
Otherwise I've only been to Norway Mtn in the U.P.
Finally Coaster Season!!
Mr. SFGAm

Postby w00dland on January 27th, 2005, 9:01 pm
Our gym class started CC skiing on Tuesday. It was my first time on skiis and I only fell twice in about a half hour. That was tuff though...
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Return to Off-Topic Forum