Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

# *NOT ONE DAMN DIME DAY- Jan 20, 2005**

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby technop on January 11th, 2005, 1:04 am
Please join this major boycott that will send a message around the world that Americans do actually care about things our president apparently does not comprehend.

# *NOT ONE DAMN DIME DAY- Jan 20, 2005**

Since our religious leaders will not speak out against the war in Iraq, since our political leaders don't have the moral courage to oppose it, Inauguration Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not One Damn Dime Day" in America.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day" those who oppose what is happening IN OUR NAME in Iraq can speak up with a 24-hour national boycott of all forms of consumer spending.
During "Not One! Damn Dime Day" please don't spend money. Not one damn dime for gasoline. Not one damn dime for necessities or for impulse purchases. Not one damn dime for nothing for 24 hours.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day," please boycott Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target... Please don't go to the mall or the local convenience store. Please don't buy any fast food (or any groceries at all for that matter). For 24 hours, please do
what you can to shut the retail economy down. The object is simple. Remind the people in power that the war in Iraq is
immoral and illegal; that they are responsible for starting it and that it is their responsibility to stop it.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is to remind them, too, that they work for the people of the United States of America, not for the international corporations and K Street lobbyists who represent the corporations and funnel cash into American
politics.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is about supporting the troops. The politicians put the troops in harm's way. Now 1,200 brave young Americans and (some estimate) 100,000 Iraqis have died. The politicians owe our troops a plan - a way to
come home.

There's no rally to attend. No marching to do. No left or right wing agenda to rant about. On "Not One Damn Dime Day" you take action by doing nothing. You open your mouth by keeping your wallet closed. For 24 hours, nothing gets spent, not one damn dime, to remind our religious leaders and our politicians of their moral responsibility to end the war in Iraq and give America back to the people.

Please share this email with as many people as possible.
technop

Postby Galvan on January 11th, 2005, 1:46 pm
You have got to be freaking kidding me. What a waste of space on this web site. You should support our troops not smear the good name of the United States Armed Forces with this garbage.

Worse yet, you got this message in an email sent by some moron on the internet that could careless about the world much less The US.

I am simply applaulled by this post. What a disgrace.
Galvan

Postby SFGA Bob on January 11th, 2005, 2:35 pm
okay, I think that's one "no."

I don't buy too much stuff anyway so I'll probably end up participating by default. but, and I could be wrong, hasn't there been an event like this in previous years that had nothing to do with war, just the US's fetish for spending?
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby Do I Know You on January 11th, 2005, 2:47 pm
Reminds me of Communism. Besides, you're just gonna buy everything you didn't the day after that.
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby DejaVu The Ride on January 11th, 2005, 2:55 pm
Is Michael Moore still upset Kerry lost? :wink:

Anways, whoever wrote that e-mail obviously doesn't have their facts straight. The war is not illegal.

I'll just live my life normal on this day, if that is ok with you. 8)

DejaVu "Who realizes if he doesn't say anything nice, he shouldn't say anything at all" The Ride
Last edited by DejaVu The Ride on January 11th, 2005, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby planea380 on January 11th, 2005, 4:31 pm
Looks like I found a day to spend all my Christmass money. Wow, but at least you are using your freedoms the way you should. BTW I have family friends that are troops and they support the war, they feel as if they hae done the world a great thing. If you watch the show 24 youll see what we are preventing.

"You have the intelect of a 6th grade Michael Moore" Greatest Quote from TV ever.

The war won't end, as Bush told us when we went to war with the Taliban, that the war woul last many decades and we would not surrender untill terrorism is over. As I often say: We are in a second cold War and this time our enemy is not afraid to Fight.
Last edited by planea380 on January 11th, 2005, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
planea380

Postby Aero737 on January 11th, 2005, 5:28 pm
Dude, guys, SHUT UP. Nobody said anything bad against the troops, this is against the war. Everyone has their opinions, and we WILL respect them. Saying that this post is a waste of space is just like saying that your avatar is a waste of space, Mike.

Comon now, If you disagree with somthing, express it nicely or just don't post in the topic at all.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby w00dland on January 11th, 2005, 7:11 pm
My question is how exactly is this supposted to boycott the war? What part in this war does K-Mart play? This is a completely pointless way in boycotting something you don't want. If you want something that might actually work try marching on Washington. Too bad you won't have many people because I know most American's support our troops. If you even contemplate doing what that e-mail told you all your doing is spitting in the faces of American Troops.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby sixflagsguy5 on January 11th, 2005, 7:19 pm
It's a good idea, but:

1.) Not enough people will do it, and the people that do will be stuck in a parking lot with no gas for their car.
2.) If everyone did do that, they woudl just buy the stuff they need the next day. And it woudn't make a difference.
sixflagsguy5

Postby The Beast on January 11th, 2005, 7:26 pm
Whoa I am totally going to Best Buy that day.
Justin
The Beast

Postby SFGA Bob on January 11th, 2005, 8:24 pm
I think some people are missing key points. I find it funny that the people opposed are the ones who actually understand what the "boycot" is about. it doesn't matter if you'll spend your money eventually, the point is to get a message out and by not purchasing items on that day, you will get the message out.

however, as others have pointed out, it'll be a really round-about, misdirected message.

finally, to everyone who thinks that by not supporting the war, people aren't supporting the troops, please learn to think critically. those who wish an end to the war are just as supportive of the troops as everyone else. supporting the troops means wishing them well. how better to wish the troops well then to seek a peaceful, swift end to hostilities?
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Postby Galvan on January 12th, 2005, 6:50 pm
aero737 wrote:Dude, guys, SHUT UP. Nobody said anything bad against the troops, this is against the war. Everyone has their opinions, and we WILL respect them.
Comon now, If you disagree with somthing, express it nicely or just don't post in the topic at all.

Maybe you neede to practice what you preach Jason, telling people who disagree with your opinion to "shut up" Whats the deal with that?

And you stated Respecting peoples opinions, you obviously are disrespecting mine, because i believe in my opinion that the email was a waste of space.
Galvan

Postby The Beast on January 12th, 2005, 7:51 pm
^ :lol: Uh...that was really a loooong time coming. Anyway I do understand the point of this boycott and everything but I don't think it's really going to do much or even get any TV time. It's more of a really silent approach that its only device is to just get people thinking. Am I correct?
Justin
The Beast

Postby Aero737 on January 12th, 2005, 8:35 pm
Mike, if you dont like the topic then stay out of it.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby Galvan on January 12th, 2005, 10:38 pm
I can voice my displeasure of the topic, if I deem it necessary, Also several other people on this topic seem to not like it as well.
Galvan

Postby w00dland on January 13th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Has anybody heard of this much other than this topic/email? I know I havn't and it won't be successful (even if it was large scale it wouldn't be) if nobody knows about it.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Shockwave8802 on January 14th, 2005, 4:31 pm
or though politics should be discussed in this forum, i do not feel it should be used as a political play ground.

Besides, what good would boycotting the cosumer indestry do? Our economey is bad enough, and it seems real smart to go boycott the whole retail industry and make the economy crash, This wont solve anything. All this will do is hert us.
Was stupid, got banned. Created a new name and admited I was a person who got banned....so I got banned again.
Shockwave8802

Postby Jamesb58 on January 14th, 2005, 8:30 pm
Hey Everyone:

Well, here is my 10 cents on this subject. I totally agree with
Shockwave8902.

This is a very stupid idea. Your idiotic idea is one that doesn't solve
any problems. It would make things worse for us, and we don't need
that. I think you only say this, cause, you don't like that Bush is our
President.

I support the war, I support Bush, I voted for him, and I stand by my
choice, and I stand against this stupid idea.
"The world of politics is filled with uncivilized, snarling, rapacious beasts that, like untrained mutts, raise their legs and urinate on everything we hold dear," - Michael Savage
Jamesb58

Postby Shockwave8802 on January 14th, 2005, 8:35 pm
Exactly...

Wether you like it or no, Bush is our president, The people voted, and bush came out on top.

There are other ways to go about change, and trying to crash the economy is NOT one of them. American had THEIR say back in november, and if you dont like the out come, well tough.
Was stupid, got banned. Created a new name and admited I was a person who got banned....so I got banned again.
Shockwave8802

Postby SFGA Bob on January 15th, 2005, 8:45 pm
okay, seriously, no commerce for one day will not crash the economy. you'd have to have an extended period of low consumer activity. also, I don't see how this has anything to do with who the president is other than the fact that the president is the one responsible for this war. the boycott's intended effect is the get a message out to those in power that the people want the soldiers back home.
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Postby Do I Know You on January 15th, 2005, 10:33 pm
this is a signature
Do I Know You

Postby Shockwave8802 on January 15th, 2005, 11:05 pm
SFGA Bob wrote:okay, seriously, no commerce for one day will not crash the economy. you'd have to have an extended period of low consumer activity. also, I don't see how this has anything to do with who the president is other than the fact that the president is the one responsible for this war. the boycott's intended effect is the get a message out to those in power that the people want the soldiers back home.

All know is that, you guys are complainging about the economy. So why then would you go and try to screw it up.
Shockwave8802

Postby Binks Drake on January 16th, 2005, 12:15 am
That's the danger of politics today. I have to say though that I am very against bush and the war. I'll not go into why. But it seems that whenever people discuss politics today, (At least around me) that it always turns into a shouting match.
*I Love Bush*
*Bush Sucks*
*I love bush*
*Bush Sucks*

Blah, Blah, Blah.
I don't like it much, But Bush is our president so get over it. Wait for 2008 and then Bush can't be in office again.

And about this "Not a damn dime day"
WFT! I don't like the war so I'm not gonna go to K-Mart. Yeah...That makes sense...
Binks Drake

Postby sixflagsguy5 on January 16th, 2005, 1:15 am
Trying to screw up the economy isn't going to help anybody.
sixflagsguy5

Postby SFGA Bob on January 16th, 2005, 11:43 am
Shockwave, nobody here is really complaining about the economy. there isn't a thread on it, is there? even if everyone in the US participated (which is not going to happen), its not going to kill a business unless its extended. bocyotts require a long time to succeed and there's no way this event will have anywhere near the numbers a traditional boycott would have.
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum