Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

# *NOT ONE DAMN DIME DAY- Jan 20, 2005**

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Shockwave8802 on January 16th, 2005, 2:48 pm
I didnt say any one on here is complaining about the ecomony. I said that i hear people saying how bad the economy is. and Something like this WILL effect the economy.
Was stupid, got banned. Created a new name and admited I was a person who got banned....so I got banned again.
Shockwave8802

Postby Binks Drake on January 16th, 2005, 11:59 pm
^It won't effect the econamy as much as people are suggesting, but it would be a blow.
Binks Drake

Postby LAFFfan4lyfe on January 17th, 2005, 12:14 am
doesn't really matter to me, it's not like i have the money to buy anything anyways.
2006 visits: 20
2007 visits: 17
2008 visits: 3
LAFFfan4lyfe

Postby yeti_cat on January 17th, 2005, 1:22 pm
Who goes shopping on a thursday anyway? We all have lives. Even if people did do this, NO ONE would notice. Just thinking practically, I'm not political in any sense.
What you don't understand you can make mean anything.
yeti_cat

Postby SFGA Bob on January 17th, 2005, 6:15 pm
I think we're all agreed that its a pretty stupid or at least horribly misguided endeavor and that it'll never work.
I don't have a detonator; its on a timer.
A countdown timer?
No, a count-up timer. It goes from one to explode.
SFGA Bob

Postby SFGAm Rules on January 20th, 2005, 5:43 pm
I know it won't do anything, but it is an effort to let people who can't make it to DC protest.

"America will not impose our own style of government on the unwilling"
Did Iraq invade itself?

Today is the beginning of four more years of hell.
SFGAm Rules

Postby Shockwave8802 on January 20th, 2005, 5:50 pm
Oh yeah, and kerry for 4 years was going to be the golden age for america. all you liberas and democrates need to SUCK IT UP, YOU LOST, AMERICA VOTED, and AMERICA CHOOSE bush, if you dont like it get out.
Was stupid, got banned. Created a new name and admited I was a person who got banned....so I got banned again.
Shockwave8802

Postby SFGA Bob on January 20th, 2005, 8:18 pm
just because a certain president is in the office doesn't mean that the people can't or shouldn't try to effect change.

btw, I did not participate today. I had to buy gas and then I got Chineese for dinner. however, it was never my intention to participate or to not participate.
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Postby Shockwave8802 on January 20th, 2005, 8:25 pm
bush's game plane for the war in iraq, was exactly the same as kery's. Take the troops out after 4 more years.

and what is there to change about the goverment. Bush is making good decissions, and is being VERY ethicale in is decissions. I thing the President is one of the best we have had in a while.
Shockwave8802

Postby SFGA Bob on January 20th, 2005, 10:12 pm
well that's just one opinion. and if we get a president who you disagree with in the future, I'm sure you'd like to try to change things. just let people have their opinions and do what they feel is right until it hurts you.
A countdown timer?
SFGA Bob

Postby Shockwave8802 on January 20th, 2005, 10:57 pm
Let me tell you.

If kerry got in office. i would not be a happy camper, but i would respect the fact that america chose. I just find it offenisve when people go and bash our president. And one other thing, I cant change things, once the votes are counted who ever wins is in for 4 years (unless they pull a clinton).
Shockwave8802

Postby mschulz5 on January 20th, 2005, 11:14 pm
Uhhh, I'm pretty sure Clinton stayed in the white house for the full four years. (Twice)
'' If u commited suicide, u wouldn't be here anymore'' - Gangsta Fruit
mschulz5

Postby w00dland on January 21st, 2005, 12:47 am
So anyways, I gotta say K-Mart was pretty dead tonight. But I can't say it's because of this day. I think it was the fact that there were so many spinouts that I-94 was closed for a time this morning and it was snowing into the night...
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby InsaneNewman on January 21st, 2005, 3:00 am
Ummm.... it's K-Mart.... quite possibly that alone could explain the lack of buisness? :lol:
InsaneNewman

Postby Shockwave8802 on January 21st, 2005, 10:53 am
mschulz5 wrote:Uhhh, I'm pretty sure Clinton stayed in the white house for the full four years. (Twice)

I have you know that clinton was impeached. He was not removed from the white house, but a stunt like that could easly kick them out.
Shockwave8802

Postby Aero737 on January 21st, 2005, 12:27 pm
Hey, I didnt buy anything yesterday. Surprising...Oh wait, I did order Jimmy Johns for dinner. Nevermind. Scratch that.

Anyways, Clinton was still in office for 8 years. Being impeached just meant that he was up for trial for the possibility of removal from office. The word impeached means to make an accusition, nothing about being removed from office.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum