Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Help on Installing DirectX 9.0

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on December 26th, 2004, 11:11 am
I'm having a problem installing DirectX 9.0, and without it I can't install RCT3 or the Sims 2. It gets almost halfway done with installing. Then it stops when it says 'Copying Files...'. At that point it's usually trying to find updated runtime components or something, and I don't know what that is. Does anyone know the problem? Thanks in advance.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby Aero737 on December 26th, 2004, 4:18 pm
Well, Direct X 9.0b isnt the latest version there is now Direct X 9.0c.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

The link to download is on the right hand side. Try downloading this and give it a try.

Also, what are your computers specs? That might help us help you out.
Aero737
The Mod Squad

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on December 28th, 2004, 1:07 pm
Yeah, I already tried downloading the latest version. Here are some specs though...

CPU: 1 CPU - Intel Celeron, 1.20 GHz, L1: 16KB L2: 256KB (16% Load)
Mem Usage: Usage: 179/254MB (70.47%)
Hard Disk Usage: Total/Free: 32.64/2.19GB

My friend, who is a computer geek, said that I need a new RAM card.
DejaVuGurl1203

Return to Off-Topic Forum