Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

general public

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Viper 88 on May 29th, 2014, 9:57 am
Among my favorites are people not knowing the names of the rides in the park (its Roaring Rapids not Racing Rapids the latter was a now defunct waterpark in Dundee Illinois adjacent to Santas Village Amusement Park), Getting ride stats wrong, Spitting, Foul B/O after being at the waterpark people need to realize just because its deodorant doesnt mean it will stop the smell. The smell somes from bacteria in the sweat under your arms, to stop te smell you need to use antipresperant and deodorant. People lolligagging when the line is moving, People on their F-ing smart phones as the line is moving. Sitting on the metal bars of the qeue. Screwing with the turnstiles. Pants half past ass, Girls too young to be spilling out of their clothes doing just that (where are your parents did they not see how you looked before you/they left the hous?) These Ghetto mothers who drop their kids off thinking the park will baby sit their demon spawn. Changing said demon spawn on the pool deck. Karaoke (cue Side Show Bob shiver). LINE JUMPING! The Flash Pass! The Flash Pass for Hurricane Harbor don't those lines get long enough? The fools that have to watch TDK's film even though they have seen it a milion times. Fools that feed the stupid sea gulls in the parking lot resulting in divebombed tailgaters. Spanish People who are on the phone yell arriba and everyone in their party comes a runnin and cuts you in line by like 14 people yes this has happened to me (no foolin 14 people). Pee on toilet seats (seriously guys have you got no aim or shame?) People that go on RR LR YC or BB and scream when they get wet what did you expect ITS A WATER RIDE Duh. I'm sure there's more but this is the general brunt? Have I mentioned LINE JUMPING!?!
Viper 88

Postby Sporlo on May 29th, 2014, 11:30 am
I'm pretty sure two punks waltzed right through the entire Eagle line when I was there last weekend. They didn't say anything, and they just blew right past everyone. Even though other guests didn't say a thing, I don't think they would have even responded if anyone reacted. And the only way to call them out to anyone with authority would be to then cut yourself to get to the station, OR physically tackle them and give them an earful.
Sporlo

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 29th, 2014, 3:29 pm
I remember 2 years ago in Fright Fest, 2 people were waiting in the Season Pass line(that was all the way back to the Pictorium Entrance), and when they got there, asked where the "Yellow Upside Down" coaster was. If I were someone from another country, I guess you could mistake the Season Pass line for the Batman line.

Something else that I hate, not just with Great America, but pretty much ALL amusement parks in the world, is when people abuse the "Disabled Pass". It's when a NORMAL teenager goes up to Guest Relations, says he has Autism or ADHD, and wants a Disabled Line Skip Pass. Disney had to stop the Disabled Pass because of this! What about people who ACTUALLY have a mental condition and need one?

And finally, here are some "ARN(Alternative Ride Names)'s" I have heard:
Deminator(Demon), Screamin' Eagle(American Eagle), Raging Rapids(Roaring Rapids), Raging Bull for Ragin' Cajun(and vice versa), American Eagle/The Eagle for Condor, people who still call the Orbit, "Orlean's Orbit", and possibly the most used ARN- "Hey, let's ride the Wizard!".

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby [jonrev] on May 30th, 2014, 6:11 am
[jonrev]

Postby CoasterCale on May 30th, 2014, 11:14 pm
[jonrev] wrote:Image

True, but we have more knowledge and don't mark our park more of an embarrassment.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Goku1910 on June 2nd, 2014, 3:16 am
This guy just hit the jackpot. (He's not referring to lift speed)

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Viper 88 on June 2nd, 2014, 10:50 am
Stellar!
Viper 88

Postby Porkchop23 on June 8th, 2014, 1:55 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Among my favorites are people not knowing the names of the rides in the park (its Roaring Rapids not Racing Rapids the latter was a now defunct waterpark in Dundee Illinois adjacent to Santas Village Amusement Park), Getting ride stats wrong, Spitting, Foul B/O after being at the waterpark people need to realize just because its deodorant doesnt mean it will stop the smell. The smell somes from bacteria in the sweat under your arms, to stop te smell you need to use antipresperant and deodorant. People lolligagging when the line is moving, People on their F-ing smart phones as the line is moving. Sitting on the metal bars of the qeue. Screwing with the turnstiles. Pants half past ass, Girls too young to be spilling out of their clothes doing just that (where are your parents did they not see how you looked before you/they left the hous?) These Ghetto mothers who drop their kids off thinking the park will baby sit their demon spawn. Changing said demon spawn on the pool deck. Karaoke (cue Side Show Bob shiver). LINE JUMPING! The Flash Pass! The Flash Pass for Hurricane Harbor don't those lines get long enough? The fools that have to watch TDK's film even though they have seen it a milion times. Fools that feed the stupid sea gulls in the parking lot resulting in divebombed tailgaters. Spanish People who are on the phone yell arriba and everyone in their party comes a runnin and cuts you in line by like 14 people yes this has happened to me (no foolin 14 people). Pee on toilet seats (seriously guys have you got no aim or shame?) People that go on RR LR YC or BB and scream when they get wet what did you expect ITS A WATER RIDE Duh. I'm sure there's more but this is the general brunt? Have I mentioned LINE JUMPING!?!

I had to put my dog of 14 years down yesterday morning. I had him since he was a pup and he was truly my best friend. The worst thing is that his body was failing him long before his mind. So I can understand and relate to you about important life events making you sad.

I'll tell you what I was told. Stay strong. Over time, even though you'll never forget, it'll hurt less. I hope these words help you endure and get through the pain you must have felt.
Porkchop23

Postby Superman on June 8th, 2014, 2:42 pm
Porkchop23 wrote:
Viper 88 wrote:Among my favorites are people not knowing the names of the rides in the park (its Roaring Rapids not Racing Rapids the latter was a now defunct waterpark in Dundee Illinois adjacent to Santas Village Amusement Park), Getting ride stats wrong, Spitting, Foul B/O after being at the waterpark people need to realize just because its deodorant doesnt mean it will stop the smell. The smell somes from bacteria in the sweat under your arms, to stop te smell you need to use antipresperant and deodorant. People lolligagging when the line is moving, People on their F-ing smart phones as the line is moving. Sitting on the metal bars of the qeue. Screwing with the turnstiles. Pants half past ass, Girls too young to be spilling out of their clothes doing just that (where are your parents did they not see how you looked before you/they left the hous?) These Ghetto mothers who drop their kids off thinking the park will baby sit their demon spawn. Changing said demon spawn on the pool deck. Karaoke (cue Side Show Bob shiver). LINE JUMPING! The Flash Pass! The Flash Pass for Hurricane Harbor don't those lines get long enough? The fools that have to watch TDK's film even though they have seen it a milion times. Fools that feed the stupid sea gulls in the parking lot resulting in divebombed tailgaters. Spanish People who are on the phone yell arriba and everyone in their party comes a runnin and cuts you in line by like 14 people yes this has happened to me (no foolin 14 people). Pee on toilet seats (seriously guys have you got no aim or shame?) People that go on RR LR YC or BB and scream when they get wet what did you expect ITS A WATER RIDE Duh. I'm sure there's more but this is the general brunt? Have I mentioned LINE JUMPING!?!

I had to put my dog of 14 years down yesterday morning. I had him since he was a pup and he was truly my best friend. The worst thing is that his body was failing him long before his mind. So I can understand and relate to you about important life events making you sad.

I'll tell you what I was told. Stay strong. Over time, even though you'll never forget, it'll hurt less. I hope these words help you endure and get through the pain you must have felt.

Wait...what
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby RollingCoasting on June 8th, 2014, 11:43 pm
I saw this Ragin' Cajun Tribute video and I was reading the comments. One said "The Goliath is goin there
although I wonder why they can't put it where the "Steel Wolf" was."

Steel Wolf?
Goliath in Ragin' Cajun's spot?
:roll:
Attachments
posterg.png
RollingCoasting

Postby Foltzy on June 10th, 2014, 4:44 pm
After visiting the park. I found out my name was Robert. Many groups of teens from a school trip yelled "hey Robert". And cut the whole line to where I was with a couple of my friends. I couldn't understand how no one in line realized there was no "Robert"
Foltzy

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on June 11th, 2014, 10:49 pm
Today we were at the park and inside Camp Cartoon Network, we saw a mom going back and forth from refilling her kids plastic cups, that they brought, and the soda stand. Seriously? Then the dad was drinking a can of soda. Great America does not sell soda by the can right? Lastly, the teenager was eating a yogurt, also from that magical mom bag. This does not seem right, especially after they made us take out the few bags of fruit snacks and a snack sized bag of trail mix from our sidekick when we came in. Sorry if I am being harsh but just a few minutes earlier, we left our stuff on a table and ran over to get pictures of the kids on Spacey's Sprocket Rocket and less than 2 minutes later, the people sitting the next to us and our two sport soda bottles were gone. What a day in Camp Cartoon Network! :(
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on June 11th, 2014, 10:49 pm
Today we were at the park and inside Camp Cartoon Network, we saw a mom going back and forth from refilling her kids plastic cups, that they brought, and the soda stand. Seriously? Then the dad was drinking a can of soda. Great America does not sell soda by the can right? Lastly, the teenager was eating a yogurt, also from that magical mom bag. This does not seem right, especially after they made us take out the few bags of fruit snacks and a snack sized bag of trail mix from our sidekick when we came in. Sorry if I am being harsh but just a few minutes earlier, we left our stuff on a table and ran over to get pictures of the kids on Spacey's Sprocket Rocket and less than 2 minutes later, the people sitting the next to us and our two sport soda bottles were gone. What a day in Camp Cartoon Network! :(
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Goku1910 on June 11th, 2014, 10:58 pm
I see that all the time... This topic is more about "The (stupid) things people say or do." Not "Post complaints here."
Goku1910

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 12th, 2014, 10:46 am
I remember that some people from the 2012/2013 seasons who wanted to ride Iron Wolf, went up the queue, found a station, and no coaster. Six flags didn't really block the queue that well, only a chain and maybe a garbage can, and most of the ride was in trees, so I can see people thinking IW was still open.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Foltzy on June 26th, 2014, 1:37 pm
CoasterCale wrote:"We have to go on the Eagle, it's the oldest ride in the park. (Besides Sky Trek Tower)"- Somebody every year :roll:

And whizzer. And rue le dodge. And the carousel. And the flumes. And orbit. And demon. ( well. Kind of)
Foltzy

Postby Luxornv on July 13th, 2014, 4:52 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:...not realizing Goliath was delayed, and asked me how it was. After I told him Goliath was delayed to around June 8th, he just... it was too funny to explain.

People at work would repeatedly ask me about Goliath, and I would respond the same way. I imagine we're the funny ones in this as I think everyone else sees people like us as Rainman when we respond like this.
Luxornv

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 13th, 2014, 5:28 pm
Luxornv wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:...not realizing Goliath was delayed, and asked me how it was. After I told him Goliath was delayed to around June 8th, he just... it was too funny to explain.

People at work would repeatedly ask me about Goliath, and I would respond the same way. I imagine we're the funny ones in this as I think everyone else sees people like us as Rainman when we respond like this.

I couldn't agree more.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 13th, 2014, 5:48 pm
One of my acquaintances said that Dark Knight is the best coaster in the world and Raging Bull is stupid and should be removed.

<Insert ultimate facepalm here>

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on August 12th, 2014, 1:48 am
I got a kick out of this one:

Then read this comment (On top)

RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on August 14th, 2014, 12:21 am
If you guys want a laugh, check out the New Rides for 2015 Video Comments

I've gathered the funniest ones:

There aren't that many, but still
Attachments
EPICC.png
RollingCoasting

Postby Necropolis on December 23rd, 2014, 4:44 pm
^ One comment is from a child, of course he's gonna think that way, he can't help it. :roll:
Necropolis

Postby RollingCoasting on December 24th, 2014, 11:26 pm
The wikia page is also pretty funny:
Attachments
sumb.png
RollingCoasting

Postby Necropolis on December 26th, 2014, 10:42 pm
^haha, ahhh the power of editing on WIkipedia. Wonder who fixed that little tidbit? XD
Necropolis

Postby Tardis1972 on December 26th, 2014, 11:16 pm
^ If you think that's funny then you should look up SFGAd on wiki.

Wiki doesn't just have future rides listed but they also have future six flags parks listed as well.
Tardis1972

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum