Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Hammer comes down in NFL

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby BLADE on March 21st, 2012, 12:40 pm
Saints coach Sean Payton suspended for the year, Greg Williams indefinitely, GM Loomis 8 games, Asst. Vitt, 6 games, $500k and 2 second round draft picks for the team. All this for the bounty program. WOW!
BLADE

Postby Paradise on March 21st, 2012, 1:18 pm
I think both Sean Payton and Gregg Williams should be kicked out of the NFL. As if it wasn't bad enough with all the injuries and negative publicity with the concussions and such, now THIS comes to light? I'm sure it's been going on for years now, but the NFL didn't need this. Not now. Time to make an example and boot them both out for life.
Have a take and don't suck, it's the Jim Rome Show!
Paradise

Postby BLADE on March 21st, 2012, 1:54 pm
Williams suspension does leave that possibility open. Biggest problem with this situation is I don't believe it's happened before.
Think the Saints will keep Paytons job open for him until he returns? Any chance the Saints make the playoffs?
I really wanted Packer GM Ted Thompson to hire this guy over McCarthy in 06', but I'm glad he didn't now.
If he was with the Packers, this may never have happened. But the Pack had defensive problems and it's certainly realistic that Williams could have been hired instead of Capers.
BLADE

Postby BLADE on March 21st, 2012, 2:09 pm
Anybody think players involved in this are next?
BLADE

Postby Paradise on March 23rd, 2012, 12:55 pm
BLADE wrote:Biggest problem with this situation is I don't believe it's happened before.

C'mon man. This stuff has been going on in the league for years. Even former players like Mike Golic are saying that.
Paradise

Postby BLADE on March 27th, 2012, 3:16 pm
^ I meant first time for punishing it.
BLADE

Postby monsterfan99 on March 30th, 2012, 12:42 am
Let me preface this with I'm not a football fan.

Am I the only one who doesn't get this at all. The reason people watch football is for dudes to plow over other players.
monsterfan99

Postby Paradise on March 30th, 2012, 3:21 pm
But at the same time, you want quality football going on. Nobody wants to see a team of backups with less then par talent taking the field because another team took out all of their starters.
Paradise

Postby Galvan317 on April 9th, 2012, 12:23 am
When I was in high school I had some nagging injuries playing football, it's a violent game, but intentionally injuring someone is completely uncalled for. If you play football for long enough the injuries are lifelong (if not the injuries themselves, the nagging pain). It's ridiculous to think the Saints would even think about keeping the coaches that were involved in this, it's bad for the sport and the integrity of the game.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Return to Off-Topic Forum