Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Six Flags Great America's 2011 Advent Calendar

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Coaster Justin on December 18th, 2011, 7:38 am
Day 18
Make Haunted Houses/ Walkthroughs free to Season Passholders
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby tribar on December 18th, 2011, 11:07 pm
^I love that idea
tribar

Postby Coaster Justin on December 19th, 2011, 7:01 am
Day 19

Add a New Antique Car Ride

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on December 20th, 2011, 3:03 am
Day 20
Add DJ's to Queue Lines

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on December 21st, 2011, 5:46 am
Day 21
Have Hurricane Harbor Open until 8:00pm during the Summer

I've seen a brochure of Cedar Point's Soak City where they were Open until 9pm. I think we have similar seasons/weather patterns. Why we can only stay open til' 7pm, I will never understand. Is it Gurnee Water or something?

Coaster Justin

Postby Ace on December 21st, 2011, 6:39 pm
I thought it had something to do with lighting, but I am not sure why it closes at 7.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby Coaster Justin on December 22nd, 2011, 6:23 am
Day 22

Add a 2nd Karaoke Stand in the park OR Double the number of songs for Great America Idol (And Add "From A Distance"!!!!!)

PS, From A Distance is included in the Karoke Books and in the Updated version and is never available.

Coaster Justin

Postby DejaVu2001 on December 22nd, 2011, 9:08 am
^ One ear cancer stage is bad enough. I don't know why anyone enjoys listening to people who can't sing.
DejaVu2001

Postby Coaster Justin on December 24th, 2011, 12:01 am
Day 23
- Add A Sally Interactive Dark Ride

Coaster Justin

Postby Coaster Justin on December 24th, 2011, 2:21 am
Day 24
- Host a Christmas Event

Coaster Justin

Postby Ilovthevu' on January 11th, 2012, 2:13 am
Coaster Justin wrote:24 Days, 24 Things

Day 1- Add New OTSR Trains to Demon
Day 2- Repaint Batman- The Ride Blue
Day 3- Retrack the 2nd Helix on American Eagle and/or Add New Trains
Day 4- Add A New Indoor Theater
Day 5- Add A Giant Ferris Wheel
Day 6- Add a Wind Fan Somewhere On-Site
Day 7- Retheme and Expand Camp Cartoon into a Looney Tunes Themed Area
Day 8- Relocate the Hurricane Harbor entrance to next to Sky Trek Tower
Day 9- Do A Complete Refurbishment of Whizzer
Day 10- Either Remove Wilderness Theater or Use It!!
Day 11- Start/Continue Replacing Blacktop with Concrete
Day 12- Participate in "Toys for Tots" where a 15 dollar toy gets you 1/2 priced admission in April/May
Day 13- Offer A Blood Drive in Exchange for Food Vouchers
Day 14- Have A Magic Show
Day 15- Add a Waterslide Coaster to Hurricane Harbor
Day 16- Remove King Chaos and Add A New Flat in It's Place
Day 17- Turn the Pictorium into a Motion Simulator attraction
Day 18- Make Haunted Houses/Walkthroughs free to Season Passholders
Day 19- Add a New Antique Car Ride
Day 20- Add DJ's to Queue Lines
Day 21- Have Hurricane Harbor Open Until 8:00pm during the Summer
Day 22- Add A 2nd Karaoke Stand or Double the Number of Songs at Great America Idol (With MORE 70s, 80s, and 90s songs)
Day 23- Add a Sally Interactive Dark Ride
Day 24- Host A Christmas Event

1. Good luck with that. What, get a Vekoma train?
2. Black and yellow. Not blue. And when Batman is blue, he's blue and grey not blue and black like Magic Mountain.
4. I agree with this. They shouldn't taken away Theater Royale. Maybe, demolish Mooseburger, and make that just a theater, and move the food somewhere else.
7. The sad thing is that many kids don't even know about the Looney Tunes anymore.
8. They won't do this because they want people to travel through the game area in order for them to make more money.
10. They won't remove it because it's kind of pointless to remove. It's so hidden back there that really what are they going to put there if they did remove it? To me, if they were to remove one of the flume rides, they would get a lot more room removing Logger's Run because of that theater, and potentially could get rid of a store around there, but out of the 2, Yankee Clipper to me would be the better choice based on the ridership, and it being closed a lot more.
11. Really?
12. I don't know about April or May (Now, they aren't even open in April), but really if so many rides are not operational because of the weather, the admission price should be cheaper. July is a peak month to go, but if you come the first week of June, you might not be able to see the shows, and you can count a lot of rides that are just not open.
14. They did before have a Magic Show, and I thought it was good. I wish they did have it again.
15. I don't see them adding a Watercoaster to Hurricane Harbor now because they just added those slides. To me, those new new body slides were a bad addition, and I think a watercoaster would have been great instead of them. The other pool people like, but the body slides not so much.
16. Absolutely. I don't like King Chaos. The ride's program is really wimpy.
17. This would cost too much money, and they already had a motion simulator ride that they just got rid of - Space Shuttle America.
19. For the Antique Cars, I just don't see them caring about bringing them back. They are lower capacity, they need gas for the entire day, and they figure they added the Wiggle's / Kidzopolis ride, they don't need another car ride. Big Red Cars or whatever they are called now?
20. I don't know how a DJ would really help pass the time better. If the tvs had updated, and better programming, it would be more enjoyable to be in line. Right now, it's all about buy something at Six Flags, here's some advertisements or they show you a music video. Even though it was outdated (After so many years of the same program) , the programming was better - Tell me some jokes, Looney Tunes / Scooby-Doo / Batman / Superman cartoons, and music videos.
23. This is a great idea. - Sally Dark Ride. I think every Six Flags park should have one. Though, instead of that addition they took away Bugs Bunny land away for Go-Karts, and they added the Wiggle's World which is no longer called Wiggles. Bucaneer Battle is another family ride... Though, it doesn't even have to be a shooter ride. The ride at Six Flags Over Texas in which you are just in a boat and you look at the Looney Tunes characters is a very enjoyable ride.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby tribar on January 12th, 2012, 11:02 pm
DJ's are just a bad idea. There's enough annoying people there. Plus SFGAm has to PAY these guys so that pretty much seals the deal. And i just wish they would get rid of the TV's or at least put them on mute and put subtitles on them. Cartoons are a bad idea with the exception of B:TR and S:UF where Batman and Superman cartoons respectively would help theme the rides better.
tribar

Postby Galvan317 on January 12th, 2012, 11:15 pm
The year they replaced all the TVs they took out Demon's and left the poles up. Does anyone know if those are still there? :lol:
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Coaster Justin on January 13th, 2012, 8:19 am
So Overall, I have/had at least 3 good ideas?

Coaster Justin

Postby tribar on January 13th, 2012, 11:22 pm
2,10,14,15, and 18 are the ones that i like
tribar

Postby [jonrev] on January 27th, 2012, 1:27 am
BP/19 wrote:The year they replaced all the TVs they took out Demon's and left the poles up. Does anyone know if those are still there? :lol:

Some, if not all. They may have taken out a few on the midway-side of the lift but I can't recall.
[jonrev]

Postby Coaster Justin on January 27th, 2012, 3:19 am
They are "kinda" doing 8 and 18 for Xpasses

Like I said, I tried not to think of ideas that were "Too Unrealistic" and some of those ideas are inspired/based on ideas from other theme parks.

Coaster Justin

Postby Ilovthevu' on January 28th, 2012, 1:32 am
As for the advertisements, it is really awful when you are in Hurricane Bay for around a hour and you hear so many commercials constantly. Do you know how many times I heard that Smurfs commercial in 2011? It was Smurfs, Zookeeper, Smurfs, Zookeeper. It's like they play 1 song, and than commercial, 1 song, commercial. Give me a break. For SFGAm, or any other amusement park, when rides are down not because of mechanical failurers, but just because the excuse of having not enough staff, that can really hurt a families vacation. If 9 rides are down because of low staffing, and the families favorite rides are 3 of them, that's a big deal. Going to any amusement park, vacationing can cost a lot of money from the gas in the car to the hotel, food, and of course admission to the park / kids want to play games / parking for park.

For me, I guess it's just so much about the rides, and shows. It's lines for the rides, and it's are the shows open for people to see (Are they good, and is it air-conditioned / heat)? If so many of the rides are closed, people won't come back. If the rides are taking forever for you to get on them, you wonder why should I come to this place next year? It's no fun standing in a 2 hour line, and it's not worth the money for a 4 person family.

I really think that Six Flags if they could should invest in making their own hotels. It just would make a lot of sense for them, and like Disney, hotel guests would get perks. Cedar Point makes a ton of money just based on those hotels. And the thing that doesn't make much sense to me is that the only hotel of Six Flags is a park that isn't even a branded Six Flags - The Great Escape in New York which has our old coaster Rolling Thunder. The park looks like a dinky park though.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum