Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Halloween/Haunted House Review and Info Thread

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Necropolis on September 14th, 2011, 6:26 pm
Hey Guys. Just thought I'd hopefully start a temporary active topic by posting information of Haunted Houses and reviews. Hopefully you guys check these places out and let us know the scoop on here. Good luck, Have fun and Happy Hauntings!

http://www.realmofterror.com
This one is in round lake Beach. Its open oct 7-9, 14-16, 20-23, and 26-30th. Fri and saturdays from 7pm-midnite, the rest of the days 7-10pm. Cost is $15 for all. They have food and a bar too. The average time to do this haunted house is about 20 minutes depending how fast you go thru it. It was also rated #2 haunted in Illinois in 2009 and #1 in 2010. This house has a scare factor of HIGH. Not recommended for anyone under 16.

http://www.asylumxperiment.com/jsite/
This one is in Villa Park which is about 15-20 minutes from O'Hare. Its open every thurs-sunday in october. fri & sat: 7pm-midnight. Thurs & sundays: 7pm-10:30pm. Cost is $20 and they have beer & food. They have a pitch black maze they call "BlackOut." It takes about 25 minutes to go thru the house. It was #3 rated haunted house in Illinois.

http://www.dreamreapers.com/
This one is in Melrose Park about 20 min/8 miles from O'Hare. Its open Sept 30, Oct 1, 7-9, 14-16, 20-23, and 26-30th. Fri & Sats: 7-11pm. Other days 7-10pm. Cost is $20, VIP is $34. Only difference with VIP is no waiting and separate entrance. Food and Drinks are available as well as bathrooms. Its about half the size of the others with 22 rooms though. There is indoor and outdoor waiting so be prepared for appropriate weather. It go a medium-low scare factor rating. It was in the top 10 haunted houses of 2010. The only thing that is a bit disappointing is that the average time to go thru the house is 12-15 minutes.

http://www.eleventhhour.info/index.shtml
This one is called Eleventh Hour and is located in Elk Grove. This one opens Sept 30th. It runs every wed-sunday in october. The only days its closed are every monday and tuesday. Its open the rest of the week! Its open Halloween too. It cost $20 online and $23 up front at the door. They have 4 events: The actual haunted house, Creatures of the Corn maze, The catacombs, & Intensity (with chain reaction). Catacombs and Intensity is a multi-level area where there are rotting corpses and there is a church too. There is food and drinks concession stand available. Average time to go thru this house is 20 minutes. its has a low-medium scare factor rating.

http://www.dungeonofdoom.com/index.php
I Highly Recommend this one!!!This is the one I went to last year. Personally my favorite haunted house in the illinois/wisconsin area. 2 stories of fear. 30,000 sq feet. This one opens early on Sept. 24th and 30th. Oct 1, 7-9, 14-16, 20-23, 27th-Halloween Night. Thursdays-sundays 7pm-10pm. Fri-saturdays: 7pm until the last body crawls. aka midnight-ish. Same price as last year $25 for both levels, separate entrance/exits, buried alive. Time to go thru the house is 42-45 minutes. The second floor is now in 4D. Plus there is a buried alive bit that you are apart of. I definitely do not want to spoil it!! :wink: Food and drinks concession stand available. It has a high scare factor rating.
Necropolis

Postby CoasterNick3157 on September 15th, 2011, 8:40 am
Cool thanks for the info.
CoasterNick3157

Postby Necropolis on October 2nd, 2011, 10:13 am
http://fearcitychicago.com/

I just went to this Haunted House err factory last night. Opening night, no line at all when we arrived. We went straight to the start of this one. No wait! :) The queue area is cool, its dark, and has a very industrial feel to it. We got inside a room that shakes and is supposed to feel like a CTA train was taking us to the haunted factory. Once we arrived, we got out and it was so quiet and eerie it felt like we were really in a factory. There were a lot of bangs and lights. Their props were amazing. One of the best I've ever seen. There were many, many rooms very well themed from hanging babies to a slaughter room to creepy rooms you'd find in a normal house. They had 2 mazes, a freakshow and at one point you go inside the mouth of a giant head. They really did do a good job of scaring us at this one. Even my one friend who hasn't gotten scared at a house in years got scared for once. The only complaint I had is that at some points of the factory, they don't have enough signs to direct you to the right direction so you had to kind of look around and find the right way and find a sign that directs you to where you're supposed to go. At one point I accidentally walked out of the normal path and into an area that had nothing except 2 normal guys not costumed just standing and talking and a ladder next to them. I think they were working on something else.

This one is located in Morton Grove off of dempster ave. Normal general admission is $25. We luckily got a Groupon for $12. VIP is $35 but you definitely do not need VIP considering we immediately got to start the tour once we arrived. They do have a food and bar area and masks and props for sale at the end. On a 10 point scale I give this one about a 6 or 7. It would of been better if there was a line because the anticipation, suspension, and the wait make these things worth it and better experience. :)
Necropolis

Postby Big Frank on December 11th, 2011, 9:58 pm
[quote="http://www.dreamreapers.com/
This one is in Melrose Park about 20 min/8 miles from O'Hare. Its open Sept 30, Oct 1, 7-9, 14-16, 20-23, and 26-30th. Fri & Sats: 7-11pm. Other days 7-10pm. Cost is $20, VIP is $34. Only difference with VIP is no waiting and separate entrance. Food and Drinks are available as well as bathrooms. Its about half the size of the others with 22 rooms though. There is indoor and outdoor waiting so be prepared for appropriate weather. It go a medium-low scare factor rating. It was in the top 10 haunted houses of 2010. The only thing that is a bit disappointing is that the average time to go thru the house is 12-15 minutes. quote]

I work there come by next weekend were open the 9th ,10th,16th and 17th. for the nightmare before xmas
Big Frank

Postby Necropolis on December 12th, 2011, 4:05 pm
^Oh my!!!! What exactly is that????!!!!! :o :o :o :D :D

P.S. Can you ONLY buy tickets online?? :(
Necropolis

Postby Necropolis on December 18th, 2011, 1:32 am
I just got home from Dream Reapers nightmare before xmas haunted house. Wow it was good. I was expecting it to be average based on reviews but I was surprised. It was fairly crowded. We probably waited 30 minutes at most. The scare actors in line were pretty cool. I actually got creeped out by the snowman walking around but more especially by the walking creepy doll that looked like you could wind it. Santa was definitely creepy!! :shock: The smells of gingerbread, candy canes and pine were awesome. The girl who looked like her body was cut in half and was controlling some saws was so intriguing. Wow I stood there for like 20 seconds staring at how cool she looked. I also bought some stuff in the gift shop at the end. I really really hope this one comes back every xmas season. My friends and I are hoping it to make it a yearly tradition now every xmas season!! If it comes back next xmas season, which I SUPER hope, I really recommend it. There was other cool stuff but im not going to spoil it. :lol: Too bad its over. Oh well.

BTW Big Frank did you work? Were you an actor? I was gonna say hi. Great job on the haouse btw. Give my regards to ur boss!! 8)
Necropolis

Postby Big Frank on December 18th, 2011, 3:40 am
Necropolis wrote:BTW Big Frank did you work? Were you an actor? I was gonna say hi. Great job on the haouse btw. Give my regards to ur boss!! 8)

Yeah I worked that night , yeah iwas an actor, and thanks I will.
Big Frank

Postby Necropolis on September 1st, 2012, 2:57 pm
Well it looks like the Halloween Season is slowly springing up everywhere from the usual seasonal Halloween stores springing up again now to many retailers announcing their fall clothing, fall candles appearing at stores, pumpkin beer being advertised and above all else, Haunted Houses already planning and setting up. It is officially September 1st and I can already tell you that one haunted house as of now is opening up the last week of this month!

I am going to start my Haunted House/Halloween/Fall research and keep posting information here about all things Halloween/Haunted House/Fall-esque. Keep an eye out for anything you see and please feel free to post. I know I am the craziest Halloween fan ;)
Necropolis

Return to Off-Topic Forum