Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Bears NFC North Champs

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby FParker185 on December 21st, 2010, 1:28 am
Yep, congrats to them. Hopefully this ends with a long and fruitful Playoff run.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby FParker185 on January 8th, 2011, 11:23 pm
Hopefully the packers can manage not to suck tomorrow and knock off the Eagles. It'd be awful nice to have the Seahawks roll into town next week.
FParker185

Postby CoasterNick3157 on January 16th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Josh if you are reading read my lips BEARS ARE GONNA WIN!!!!!!
CoasterNick3157

Postby FParker185 on January 16th, 2011, 9:18 pm
I see no other possible outcome.
FParker185

Postby tp41190 on January 19th, 2011, 2:30 am
I'll keep my comments and pictures I could post to myself.

Lets just see whats happens. People trash talking online won't do much ;) However it is fun. :twisted:
[read]
tp41190

Postby CoasterNick3157 on January 22nd, 2011, 11:53 pm
I had a dream the other day the bears lost by 3 i'm hoping i'm wrong.
CoasterNick3157

Postby Necropolis on January 23rd, 2011, 11:12 pm
I really don't like sports at all, except for UFC but I can say that Chicago is notorious for being a bandwagon city. Thats just always the way it's gonna be. No one can change that. Sorry. I am kind of glad the bears lost. I was at the mall today and everywhere there was a TV the bears game was on it and people were surrounding it like they were serving free food. Although no one had any bears merchandise on. I mean if they were a real fan they would be watching the game at home. One dumb air-head girl had a bears jersey and I was gonna ask her, "If you're really a fan, shouldn't you be at home watching the game??" :twisted: There was never a Blackhawks kiosk in the mall until last year, there wasn't a bears flag at every store, gas station, car as of last year. Again, I'm glad the bears lost. Bandwagon people anywhere for whatever cause piss me off. This will be the topic of the week and Im sure everyone is saying that whoever the packers face at superbowl hope to beat the packers. Its hard to tell nowadays the difference between a REAL fan and a bandwagon fan. Plus I dont even have to watch the game because I can go on facebook and see the minute by minute updates by all my friends statuses. lmao. We won't be talking about this football game in 6 months. Trust me. People spend all this money on merchandise and then the team loses. Id rather keep my money for better, realistically important needs.

Basically my point here is that I will never get the concept of how people can take this so seriously when theres other things in life aside from men fighting over a "pigskin." Sorry for the whining here, I just need to let my true self out for a bit. :x :? :lol:
Necropolis

Postby FParker185 on January 23rd, 2011, 11:17 pm
That may be, in fact I think I just saw Jay Cutlers bandwagon rolling down a hill with no one on it while up in flames. Which I don't get, he sucked before he got hurt, Hainie seemed to give the Bears the best chance to win, but oh well. I go back into complete sports boredom for the next 7 months.
FParker185

Postby Cole on January 24th, 2011, 9:13 pm
^^I 1000% percent agree with you. There are few real fans these days. Ive stuck with my Badgers in all times. When we went 6-7, when we get killed in the first round of the NCAA tourney, and I STILL defended my Badgers after seeing them lose the Rose Bowl live.

Though im a Packers fan, I dont really like the NFL, im not going to become a Pack fanatic like everyone else around here.
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby w00dland on January 26th, 2011, 9:46 pm
Been a Packers fan all my life. Follow them out here in New York and was even in attendance for the Packers-Jets game at the Meadowlands. Feels great to be back in the Super Bowl.

I am sorry for Jay Cutler. He got ripped to pieces.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby CoasterNick3157 on January 27th, 2011, 1:30 am
I feel bad for Jay too but unless he get's us to the super bowl and wins it I don't think his rep with the hardcore fans is going to be good. I have injured my knee before and it was kinda hard to stand on it let alone try to pass a football when you have to step into your throw.
CoasterNick3157

Postby FParker185 on January 27th, 2011, 2:39 am
I think Jay Cutler will be just fine, it's another day in the life of a Chicago quarterback. A majority of people have hated his guts for at least a year now. His body language is unique to say the least :)

Next year though he does have to play better or else he'll be run out of town, and then people will keep wondering why we never get a good QB here in Chicago.
FParker185

Postby Galvan317 on January 27th, 2011, 9:09 pm
We won't be talking about this football game in 6 months. Trust me. People spend all this money on merchandise and then the team loses. Id rather keep my money for better, realistically important needs.

Agreed that people take it way too seriously, especially on the products. I don't want to line some jackasses pockets who couldn't care less about me (the McCaskey's). I watch football because I enjoy the sport not because being the ultimate fan is some sort of accomplishment...which it isn't and sometimes is just sad. As Bill Maher said: "You are not the sixth man, you are a machine for turning beer into piss."
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby CoasterNick3157 on February 8th, 2011, 10:16 pm
Jay Cutler has a new nickname called "50 Cent" cause he last two quarters!!!!
CoasterNick3157

Postby FParker185 on February 8th, 2011, 10:21 pm
Never mind the fact he's the most sacked quaterback in the league and plays with Diabetes.
FParker185

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on February 19th, 2011, 3:09 am
Packers; NFL Champions. Chitown can have the NFC North title.
CoasterDude12-2

Postby Paradise on March 20th, 2011, 4:10 pm
FParker185 wrote:Never mind the fact he's the most sacked quaterback in the league and plays with Diabetes.

Plays with diabetes? What's that have to do with his play on the field? lol. Give me a guy who plays with Leprosy, then we have a good debate. ;-)

Green Bay Packers...Super Bowl champs. Feels amazing.
Have a take and don't suck, it's the Jim Rome Show!
Paradise

Postby FParker185 on March 21st, 2011, 10:01 am
Perhaps you need to Google Diabetes and it's effects and how it's managed.
FParker185

Postby Paradise on March 21st, 2011, 7:35 pm
No need to google anything. He's made it this far in his career, no need to use the excuse now. He's a trooper, I'll give him that. And I think it was unjust how he got blamed for the whole game. Nobody knows what kind of pain he was in.
Have a take and don't suck, it's the Jim Rome Show!
Paradise

Postby FParker185 on March 22nd, 2011, 10:41 am
Besides his injury and all, he was playing extremely ineffectively and probably should have been pulled anyways. There is no getting around that fact as well.

And my point earlier was I'm sure it's difficult to play with a disease that can cause blurred vision, fatigue, intense thirst, etc. Stress increases the effects many fold. Every time there is not a play happening they are checking his blood sugar, giving him insulin, giving him sugar pills if his sugar is to low. He isn't able to drink Gatorade on the sidelines, and on game day he can't eat anything starchy or anything sweet. Much worse than skin sores and numbness (leprosy is pretty misunderstood)
FParker185

Return to Off-Topic Forum