Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

TSA Going too Far?

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Ace on November 27th, 2010, 12:04 am
My two cents is that I would rather have them doing an overly good job than doing a poor job and having a plane hijacked. I'm willing to bet that the same people out protesting now will be the same people who would be out saying they didn't do enough if something were to happen.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby rct2wizard360 on November 27th, 2010, 4:35 am
Director_Guy wrote:Also, you can't take a train overseas. What do you do then?

Depends.

Google Maps has suggested I swim, kayak, or rent a jetski!
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby Luxornv on November 28th, 2010, 2:41 pm
Director_Guy wrote:Also, you can't take a train overseas. What do you do then?

There are boats that go across, though probably to specific ports, and that would probably be even longer than a train if there was some kind of trans-oceanic railroad.
Luxornv

Postby tp41190 on November 29th, 2010, 11:36 am
Ace wrote:My two cents is that I would rather have them doing an overly good job than doing a poor job and having a plane hijacked. I'm willing to bet that the same people out protesting now will be the same people who would be out saying they didn't do enough if something were to happen.

I sure wouldn't be. Being that a plane, even with all of the terrorist attacks, is still the safest way to travel. The government is freaking out because a failed attempt by a underwear bomber. And that was a year ago. Something could have happened between now and the time of the attack, what then? You don't see the government putting breathalizers in all cars after a drunk driving accident happens.

They should use more security measures on those who are buying the plane tickets. Do background checks on people who are "red flagged". Do more to prevent terrorist from even coming into the airport in the first place. Why make everyone else suffer?
[read]
tp41190

Postby Ace on November 29th, 2010, 12:30 pm
All of this pat down nonsense is only if you refuse the scan, which having gone through it is not that bad and takes only about 20 seconds. Really made into a bigger deal than it needs to be in my opinion. I agree they should do more to screen those who buy tickets in the first place though.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby Galvan317 on December 3rd, 2010, 8:52 am
monsterfan99 wrote:^FL doesn't need it at all as driving from Orlando to Tampa is a breeze. The fact there is a stop that will be made at WDW, eliminating the need to magical express, despite this being a public project tells me why this will happen.

Keep in mind Disney built the entire economy in Central Florida, plus the state will make a ton of money off of it as that's where a large percentage of people that fly to MCO go to anyway. Eisner refused to build Disneyland Paris unless the French Government agreed to extend the TGV to the park gates, and Disneyland Paris is the #1 attended tourist destination in Europe...so I think it's a pretty safe investment. I think we will see the real potential of this project with Miami, would be great to see Atlanta added to this project soon also.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby monsterfan99 on December 3rd, 2010, 10:28 am
^But it's not a wise investment for the state. There are already ways to get to the resort including the free Magical Express and the much cheaper cabs. And if you look at airlines and Am-Trak, a large part of the real ticket price is subsidized by the federal government. A Miami to Atlanta route makes sense, even a Miami to Orlando. However the current Orlando to Tampa route is just government waste.
monsterfan99

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum