Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The official share your good news topic

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Ilovthevu' on July 15th, 2010, 8:31 am
Yeah, as BP was saying they have a lot of trains / cars / boats for these rides, and what they do is just take off these, and fix a couple at a time. For instance, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad has 5 trains, and it doesn't need 5 trains to run. For Pirate's of the Carribean you could always take off a boat to fix it instead of just leaving it there. For Space Mountain, I was counting them, and I thought I counted 14 of them for one side. They could easily take off some here and there, and it wouldn't matter. For Magic Mountain, the problem I see with them and rides is not having enough trains and whatnot is because they only have 3 trains for Tatsu, and they only have 2 trains for Batman the Ride. You go well we have 2 trains for Superman, but they have a dual loading station, so 3 trains should be the norm. They treat it like it's not open all year park which is completely stupid idea. Why can't they buy more trains when they buy these coasters? Even Deja Vu, yes they can only run one, but why not buy another train so it's not down during the winter months (I know it sounds stupid saying winter months, but it's not so cold over there.)?
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby monsterfan99 on July 15th, 2010, 10:27 pm
^Trains are not cheap. Plus, the park is only open weekends at one point with rides down for rehab.

WDW does take rides down yearly like Splash and both water parks. However, they seem to have moved to the "down 9 months every 10 years" idea like Small World, Star Tours and Space Mountain. They add some stuff, do the refurb and all goes well.
monsterfan99

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum