Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Official I just saw this movie and it....Thread.

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Coaster Justin on August 30th, 2010, 9:05 am
Kick-Ass

OH MY GOD! That is going in my "Best of the Year List"

It's Insane.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on August 30th, 2010, 9:50 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:Kick-Ass

OH MY GOD! That is going in my "Best of the Year List"

It's Insane.

I know, Kick-Ass is AWESOME!
:)
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby Flying_Potato_Man on August 31st, 2010, 10:08 am
One of the best movies of all time. If you havent seen it yet, you got to gather some friends, and see this movie NOW. The movie is... Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Trust me, it will blow you friken mind.
Flying_Potato_Man

Postby FParker185 on September 1st, 2010, 5:59 pm
http://www.filmofilia.com/2010/07/24/re ... e-trailer/

Cant wait, and BTW that is a "Red Band" trailer.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Cryptkeeper on September 21st, 2010, 11:37 pm
About a week ago, I saw Buried at a special sneak preview in Chicago. Most people seemed to think it was great. I thought it was a good movie, but not a great movie. If you're prone to claustrophobia, definitely see it. Ryan Reynolds, the star of the film (and the dude who just wrapped playing Green Lantern in the movie coming out next year) and the director were in attendance after the film for a hilarious Q&A. They made quite a comedy team.

On Sunday night, I ended up w/ tickets to an advanced screening of Conviction two hours before the movie started. I drove to the theatre, 50 mins away, and make it just in time to barely get in. This is based on the true story of Betty Ann Waters - a woman who went to law school for the sole purpose of getting her convicted brother out of jail. The movie was pretty sold. What made it even more interesting is was to hear from the REAL Betty Ann Waters after the film during a Q&A session. It was amazing how many scenes in the movie seemed as if they were completely fictional and directly from hollyweird when in reality they actually DID happen. That Q&A was extremely fascinating and also included Juliette Lewis - someone who had not acted in 5 years due to touring w/ her band. While she is only in two big scenes in the movie, she was quite good and shows no rust at all.

While neither movie is truly awesome, I would still recommend seeing them both at a discount theatre OR waiting to rend them on DVD - though Buried is probably better on the big screen then on DVD.
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby [jonrev] on September 22nd, 2010, 12:22 am
The Rocky Horror Picture Show -- I'm not a musical person, so I'm not going to say it's a favorite, but it had some very catchy music. I'm sure the midnight showings are more fun.
[jonrev]

Postby Coaster Justin on September 22nd, 2010, 1:57 am
Easy-A.

Hilarious, Funny, Great!!!

Better than ALOT OF STUFF I've Seen this Year.

Tip: Don't Look at the Trailer for 3 Days before seeing the Film. You'll thank me Later.

Coaster Justin

Postby Director_Guy on October 2nd, 2010, 2:35 am
The Social Network.

Great flick. David Fincher has yet to disappoint me. However, nothing (so far) tops "Fight Club".
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby monsterfan99 on October 5th, 2010, 6:32 am
[jonrev] wrote:The Rocky Horror Picture Show -- I'm not a musical person, so I'm not going to say it's a favorite, but it had some very catchy music. I'm sure the midnight showings are more fun.

Make every effort to hit a midnight showing with a full production. It's something special.
monsterfan99

Postby Director_Guy on October 5th, 2010, 11:55 am
^Seconded
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby [jonrev] on October 18th, 2010, 12:14 am
Jackass 3D -- Awesome. This one has alot more gross humor than the previous films. Apparently they have more footage so they'll probably do a 3.5.
[jonrev]

Postby Necropolis on December 20th, 2010, 6:19 pm
Just saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 yesterday. Its was so good. My 2nd favorite movie in the series so far. Im sure the next part will be my favorite in the series. Lets just say the next part will shatter movie and box office records. You can count on that.
Necropolis

Postby Coaster Justin on December 20th, 2010, 11:02 pm
Chloe

It's an Erotic, Dark, Movie.

Guys, Julianne Moore and Amanda Seyfried are in the Film and do stuff. I don't want to spoil it.

Coaster Justin

Postby Cryptkeeper on December 22nd, 2010, 2:03 am
I just saw Green Hornet. Don't let the fact that it comes out in mid-January, the traditional worst month for films, fool you. It's a highly entertaining action/comedy.

Plus, with Christoph Waltz in it, how could it be bad? :) Though this time around, he doesn't quite steal the movie like he did in his last movie appearance.
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby monsterfan99 on January 7th, 2011, 2:43 am
Knucklehead - Movie itself gets -5 stars, but the beauty of Melora Hardin gets 5 stars.
monsterfan99

Postby [jonrev] on January 12th, 2011, 10:21 pm
Possibly the best "overlooked 80s film" I've watched since Short Circuit. The first 10 minutes alone effing owns!
[jonrev]

Postby Necropolis on February 17th, 2011, 12:28 am
SALT...Angelina Jolie. I think its the best movie she's ever done. Its one of the best movies Ive seen in a while. Perhaps one of the best ever. Lots of action, suspense and....Im not gonna spoil it. Highly Recommended!! :D Thumbs up if you agree!
Necropolis

Postby w00dland on February 17th, 2011, 10:20 pm
State of Grace- 1990 thriller starring Sean Penn.

Not bad if you like the gangster type films. About an undercover cop who has to infiltrate his old mob friends in Hells Kitchen.

And yes, its on Netflix instant.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Coaster Justin on February 18th, 2011, 2:54 pm
No Strings Attached

Natalie Portman & Ashton Kutcher may not sound like a Good Film but It's really, really good (It's not her Norbit, if you get that reference)

Going in my best of 2011 List.

Coaster Justin

Postby w00dland on February 18th, 2011, 11:16 pm
Exam

Great thriller about a futuristic job opportunity and a hell of a final interview with 8 candidates. Full of plot twists and surprises.

Once again, on Netflix Instant Streaming. Highly recommended.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby Cryptkeeper on February 27th, 2011, 3:48 pm
Cedar Falls: Very very funny. Highly recommended.

Take Me Home Tonight: Pretty funny. Recommended.

Rango: From my POV, it's definitely not for adults. Though the audience seemed to love it, I despised it. I think kids (obviously) have a better chance at enjoying it.

Going to be seeing the Lincoln Lawyer on Monday, the Help on Thursday, and HOPEFULLY Paul on Wednesday. Hopefully it will be a good week for movies. :)....

Well, that's that! The Lincoln Lawyer was a damn good drama - highly recommended! Paul was a good comedy. It wasn't as great as Hot Fuzz, but it was still pretty good. Lastly, The Help was a movie I can't say anything about as I, along w/ everyone else, signed a nondisclosure agreement on stating anything about the movie. :)
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby Necropolis on March 17th, 2011, 12:55 pm
Harry Potter marathon tonight and the next couple of days!! Plus a sneak peak at the 2nd half of Deathly Hallows!! First sneak peak ever!! Ooooohhhh!!! Goosebumps!! :D
Necropolis

Postby Cryptkeeper on March 27th, 2011, 3:48 pm
Necropolis wrote:Harry Potter marathon tonight and the next couple of days!! Plus a sneak peak at the 2nd half of Deathly Hallows!! First sneak peak ever!!

Hope you enjoyed the marathon! :)

While I can't be 100% certain as the name of the movie isn't on my test screening voucher, I am 90% certain that I am going to be present at the first ever showing of the first ever cut of Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 next Saturday. Can't wait to see it and review it - just like I did w/part 1. When I was at the first test screening ever of pt. 1, I ended up sitting directly behind David Yates (the director)! It would be super cool if any of the stars also showed up this time around, but alas, I don't see that happening.

Still, should be fun. :)
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby Coaster Justin on March 28th, 2011, 1:33 am
You Again
- Very Dull, Medicore Film with Kristen Bell, Betty White, and Jamie Lee Curtis
- Worth a LOW Rental

Btw, Because it's from the Guy who did "She's the Man" and "Race to Witch Mountain" makes me think this is a director who does not understand comedy and assumes anything his stars do is LOL Humor.

Coaster Justin

Postby Necropolis on March 28th, 2011, 2:33 am
Cryptkeeper wrote:
Necropolis wrote:Harry Potter marathon tonight and the next couple of days!! Plus a sneak peak at the 2nd half of Deathly Hallows!! First sneak peak ever!!

Hope you enjoyed the marathon! :)

While I can't be 100% certain as the name of the movie isn't on my test screening voucher, I am 90% certain that I am going to be present at the first ever showing of the first ever cut of Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 next Saturday. Can't wait to see it and review it - just like I did w/part 1. When I was at the first test screening ever of pt. 1, I ended up sitting directly behind David Yates (the director)! It would be super cool if any of the stars also showed up this time around, but alas, I don't see that happening.

Still, should be fun. :)

WHAT???!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: How did you manage to get to see it months in advance??????? I am the most jealous ever. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan and buy anything I see Harry Potter and always watch the movies every month. I watch at least one or 2 a month. Gaaaah!!!! You sir are one of the luckiest people alive right now. Please do elaborate as to how you got this Golden ticket to see a precious piece of movie art!!!! :o :o :o :!: :!: :!:
Necropolis

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum