Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

The Official SFGAm GM / SF CEO Thread

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby onyxhotel08 on February 17th, 2010, 6:34 pm
#2 would be cool and like I said BETTER LANDSCAPING not overgrown shrubs and no real plants and flowers. The paint is an eyesore too but they can't paint AE easily without it being down for a season probably not sure about that. It is such a mssive ride.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby FParker185 on February 17th, 2010, 7:41 pm
They can paint Eagle in the span of a few months. I want to say in the early 00's or very late 90's Eagle got a complete paint job, though later the same year or the following year there was an issue with the sprocket at the top of red that dumped all that grease all over the lifthill structure.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Cole on February 17th, 2010, 8:14 pm
It would be nice for it to get refurbished, since it is such a amazing ride, but its in MUCH better condition then some other woods.
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby FParker185 on February 17th, 2010, 9:07 pm
Yeah, really the only problem spot is the second half of the barrel, that could use some track. The Blue side final helix needs some work also from what I remember(I only ride it once a year generally)
FParker185

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 8th, 2010, 3:23 pm
FParker185 wrote:They can paint Eagle in the span of a few months. I want to say in the early 00's or very late 90's Eagle got a complete paint job, though later the same year or the following year there was an issue with the sprocket at the top of red that dumped all that grease all over the lifthill structure.

Cool...but would it really look as bad as it does now if the paint job was done only about 10 years ago? Does wood really hold paint that poorly?
onyxhotel08

Postby FParker185 on May 8th, 2010, 9:49 pm
I dont think it looks all that bad, that grease spill from the top of the lift makes the lifthill look pretty dingy, other than that there is just a lot of dirt, grease and rust on the structure, no where is it really peeling or cracking or anything. It's one of the reasons most woodies are left unpainted, natural wood hides all that junk a lot better, just look at Viper :)
FParker185

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 8th, 2010, 11:29 pm
Yeah they should have thought of that especially with the size of Eagle...what almost twice the size of Viper?
onyxhotel08

Postby david on May 9th, 2010, 12:29 am
Eagle was painted as so because it was basically the bicentennial coaster. Although a few years after the fact.
david

Postby FParker185 on May 9th, 2010, 2:40 am
Actually it was painted cause at the time treated lumber was way to expensive and not as good as it is today, so paint was used as the weatherproofing, that's why most older coasters were painted and today with advances with weather treated lumber and the fact it doesn't cost so much is why most modern wood coasters are left bare. And actually other than the 2 little dippers from here in the chicago area, I don't think there have been any painted woodies in the past 20 or so years.

So since Eagle was painted out of necessity more than looks, until the paint is physically in bad shape and not doing it's job I don't see it being repainted any time in the near future. If they painted it now it'd be purely cosmetic and I don't think SF has the $$ to spend on such a huge project that's purely cosmetic.
FParker185

Postby Cole on May 25th, 2010, 6:39 pm
Question for everybody.
One thing you would do to improve each coaster at our park? (Fine to exclude some rides.)

Mine-

American Eagle: Add tunnel to first drop, banking on helix. New timberliner trains.
B:TR: Repaint to original colors, show animations of the actual BTR on the screen, not DK at SFNE
Demon: Original themeing.
IW: Major overhaul. Changs trains, repaint. (blue with grey rails and supports)
Bull: Add theming that was supposed to happen. (Bull riding through ghostown on the final helix. Something like maverick.
SUF: mist tunnel at the bottom of the roll, change on ride camera to the end of the first drop.
DKC: Either change the movie every 2-3 years or get rid of it.
Viper: Add melinium flyer trains.
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Coaster Justin on May 26th, 2010, 6:19 am
^ I Couldn't have said it better myself.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Cole on May 26th, 2010, 7:04 am
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby onyxhotel08 on May 28th, 2010, 9:24 pm
For Dark Knight, show old Batman episodes, or clips of the earlier (Pre-Heath Ledger) Batman movies. I recently started to watch them with my nephew and I actually liked parts 1 and 2. 3-4 were weak but fun overall.

If Chang is to stay the way it is, no need to do anything to Wolf. People that go on Wolf now will look at Chang and not look back.

Return of Blood River!

Hanuted House on Splash Water Falls dead zone for Fright Fest.
onyxhotel08

Postby Jackluver18 on May 28th, 2010, 9:30 pm
Great ideas, I like those
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby monsterfan99 on May 30th, 2010, 3:14 am
For Iron Wolf, tear it down.
monsterfan99

Postby sfgamfan717 on May 30th, 2010, 8:24 am
^^^The only problem with having blood river is that it stains clothes and it would be a big waste of money if its cold for fright fest
My new name is Aeater333
sfgamfan717

Postby neil on June 22nd, 2010, 11:30 pm
This might just be me, but I hate the dividers in the seats on American Eagle. I would replace the trains, and remove the dividers. (Like Thunderbolt at Kennywood)
The Mr. Six at the park is REALLY creepy

I'm ready for a Ragin' Cajun good time
neil

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 22nd, 2010, 11:37 pm
sfgamfan717 wrote:^^^The only problem with having blood river is that it stains clothes and it would be a big waste of money if its cold for fright fest

Turn the whatever they are called off to not spray people as well as the water falls. Just use scary Friday the 13th type music and have some dead people chas eyou on another raft.
onyxhotel08

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 24th, 2010, 10:10 am
Bizzaro Badger wrote:Question for everybody.
One thing you would do to improve each coaster at our park? (Fine to exclude some rides.)

American Eagle: I would love for them to tear it down, and get another wooden out and back roller coaster. Too bad PTC doesn't make them anymore.
B:TR: I would like black track and black supports, but yellow rails. That to me is more Batman than what they have now. It's a broken record, but line separater for first row, and other rows.

Demon: Bring in the fence closer towards the train to so it's faster for people to exit the platform. I don't like the sneaky way the flash pass people get on. It lowers capacity by a lot. Sure, when flash pass people are there, it's no big deal. They have their roped off row anyway, but when they are gone, you have 2 trains with 4 seats always going empty. They have two lines for Demon. What, are they too cheap to fix the lines so flash pass has their own line, and they get their separate entrance which slows down the loading process also. So, it's a double whammy with them slowing down the loading of the Demon now.

IW: Better harnesses - new trains, but really it's not even worth it. The ride already went from semi-bad with the softy harnesses to bad to most people with the hard harnesses. If you move your head on the ride, it's really nothing, but most people don't do that, and hate the ride. IFor this ride too it's a broken record, but line separater for first row, and other rows.

Bull: nothing
Viper: Add station line going back and forth from left to the right. To me, it's way too big of a station to have more line in there.

SUF: Load differently. I said it before. Do it like Cedar Fair does it for Raptor or Hydra. It will be so much faster that way. The more employees walk, the more time keeps going and going, and slower dispatches. Superman has such a long train because the train has to rise up, and thus walking the long way instead of 1 person per row makes it longer to load.

DK: Get rid of the preshow room - keep the tv, and just show Batman cartoons, or movies when you are in the line. You don't need the other tvs in there than. Basically, if you have been at Spider-man at Islands of Adventure, I'm talking about the first part of the line you are in, and you have that big tv screen. Honestly though, if I'm Six Flags I don't know what you can do with the ride without spending major bucks on it to increase it's popularity.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby david on June 24th, 2010, 2:35 pm
For bull, extend the station, and add Behemoth trains. LOVE.
david

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 24th, 2010, 11:53 pm
Theme raging Bull all the way it was supposed to.

Paint a Batman mural on Dark Knight.
onyxhotel08

Postby frightfestkid on August 13th, 2010, 12:59 pm
Lets see,

SSA- how about a Vekoma Big Air (I wish)

Take out Revy and put Wirligig in its spot.

In whirligig's spot maybe like a Vekoma madhouse themed to batman or joker?

Give viper El Toro style trains ( I don't remember what they are.)

Take down Wolf and put in a smaller Accelerator Coaster, something just like Stealth.

Give Superman the Bizzaro treatment (paint the track, mister at the bottom of the pretzel, ect.)

Thats all I got for now
God bless NIU
Next SFGAm trip: Today May 1st
SFGAm '10 ride count-53
frightfestkid

Postby Cole on August 13th, 2010, 1:29 pm
I 100% agree with all of that.
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby tribar on August 13th, 2010, 4:39 pm
i agree with the last three :D
tribar

Postby Cole on August 13th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Actually.
I dont think Superman needs Bizarro treatment, just better themeing.
And I want viper to get millenium flyers
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum