Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JT2002 on June 8th, 2019, 6:56 pm
I saw in the park newsletter recently that there will be a brand new show this summer other than Rocklusions I believe, name is still tba.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2019, 7:06 pm
For today, the park appears to be extremely packed because they are putting groups of people with regular people now. Today, it's supposedly ComEd group day. Also, people look at the weather tomorrow, and I'm sure a lot of people that would go tomorrow are not because of the storms on Sunday. Last weekend, they also had a group on the weekend. So, be aware of this for the weekends. Regular people just probably think it's "regular people" coming the park only, but it's not.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby cliffhanger on June 8th, 2019, 7:12 pm
cliffhanger wrote:Basically the back half of the park is on themed music. I wonder if this is planned or some kind of fluke.

Well, they changed it back to pop music. Dammit. They need to get this music thing straight. Seriously, who is in charge of this stuff? Don't they check what's playing and the volume in each of the areas? At this point, I think it's incompetence. They restore all the sound effects on Giant Drop, remaster the Demon song, but can't make up their minds on the music for CF and YT?
cliffhanger

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2019, 9:58 pm
From facebook Six Flags Great America club, this happened at the park today:

"Woman and her bf where fight she pulled a knife and pepper spray out started spraying the pepper spray around me and like 5 other told her to stop there where children around she pointed the knife at us and threatened to stab us along with her bf"
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 8th, 2019, 10:25 pm
...what :lol:
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2019, 10:35 pm
^I don't see how that's funny. The person that wrote that though didn't write it in great grammar, but that's definitely not funny.

To write that clearer, you can say this instead. I am paraphrasing that quote.
A woman and her boyfriend were fighting. Than, she pulled a knife and pepper spray out (of her pocket??). She than started spraying the pepper spray around (the person that originally wrote this sentence) and around 5 other people told her to stop because there where children around. She pointed the knife at us and threatened to stab us (with the knife) along with her boyfriend.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2019, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 8th, 2019, 10:40 pm
I didnt think it was real!! How would she get in the park with a knife??? I'm sorry if I offended anyone with that I just don't think that's possible.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 8th, 2019, 10:46 pm
Wouldn't we be hearing more about this by now?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 8th, 2019, 10:57 pm
With how the news is, doesn't a person actually have to contact the news to get the news to care?

To add something if anyone from the park is listening, they should really cut the weeds for Sky Trek Tower. They opened up a 2nd switchback (last week), and they had all these weeds they didn't cut that is right where the people are in the line.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on June 9th, 2019, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 8th, 2019, 11:06 pm
Not news..I meant from anyone on this forum that heard about this while they were at the park this evening.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 9th, 2019, 11:33 am
The membership event is fun stuff today. "It's a party." Hilarious :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/organicpalmtre ... 439183475/
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on June 9th, 2019, 2:42 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I don't see how that's funny. The person that wrote that though didn't write it in great grammar, but that's definitely not funny.

To write that clearer, you can say this instead. I am paraphrasing that quote.
A woman and her boyfriend were fighting. Than, she pulled a knife and pepper spray out (of her pocket??). She than started spraying the pepper spray around (the person that originally wrote this sentence) and around 5 other people told her to stop because there where children around. She pointed the knife at us and threatened to stab us (with the knife) along with her boyfriend.
How did she even get a knife into the park past security?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby RBullFan97 on June 9th, 2019, 5:11 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:The membership event is fun stuff today. "It's a party." Hilarious :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/organicpalmtre ... 439183475/

I've seen some sorry displays of entertainment at the park over the years, but this takes the cake.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby JT2002 on June 10th, 2019, 8:55 am
cliffhanger wrote:
cliffhanger wrote:Basically the back half of the park is on themed music. I wonder if this is planned or some kind of fluke.

Well, they changed it back to pop music. Dammit. They need to get this music thing straight. Seriously, who is in charge of this stuff? Don't they check what's playing and the volume in each of the areas? At this point, I think it's incompetence. They restore all the sound effects on Giant Drop, remaster the Demon song, but can't make up their minds on the music for CF and YT?

I've noticed that around 6 or 7 pm they switch All the music in the park to pop music.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 10th, 2019, 9:45 am
cliffhanger wrote:

So those sound effects on Giant Drop (particularly the swirling wind and the eagle's cry) are original sound effects?? I also LOVE the pick ax sounds in the line.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JT2002 on June 11th, 2019, 8:48 pm
I heard they had to call in the Fire department to evacuate the Crazy Bus in Camp Cartoon. https://twitter.com/LMCScanner/status/1138543599702990849
They definitely need to revamp that area, it's long overdo.
JT2002

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 11th, 2019, 9:30 pm
Yeah I wondered why the fire department was here. I saw them while I exited Goliath and I wondered to myself “Huh did someone pass out or something”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 11th, 2019, 11:25 pm
We should have received a Scooby-Doo dark ride instead of a blurry, boring Justice League ride. They had a ride at an arcade place that I used to go to (XD Dark Ride Motion Simulator), and it was made by Triotech. You sit in seats; it's 3d, and you shoot things. That ride looks so good, and it had 4d type of effects like wind, etc. Justice League is just so subpar compared to that "cheap" ride that was in a very small area, and I liked the Scooby-Doo dark ride even better than those 2.
Ilovthevu'

Postby JT2002 on June 12th, 2019, 8:41 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:We should have received a Scooby-Doo dark ride instead of a blurry, boring Justice League ride. They had a ride at an arcade place that I used to go to (XD Dark Ride Motion Simulator), and it was made by Triotech. You sit in seats; it's 3d, and you shoot things. That ride looks so good, and it had 4d type of effects like wind, etc. Justice League is just so subpar compared to that "cheap" ride that was in a very small area, and I liked the Scooby-Doo dark ride even better than those 2.

Hey, I just went on Justice League the other day and had the best ride ever on it even though my blaster was only half working. All the effects were working perfectly, even ones that I forgot existed.
JT2002

Postby JackGlass on June 12th, 2019, 9:55 am
I think Six Flags wants to keep it strictly Looney Tunes and DC Superheroes. That's why they got rid of all their Hanna Barbera theming.

They went crazy with IPs when Shapiro was CEO. Tony Hawk, Terminator, Evil Kenevil, Wiglles, Thomas the Tank Engine, Papa Johns, Panda Express etc. None of which did anything to increase attendance.

Once Webber and Anderson took over they ditched almost all of those IPs and simplified things. Getting rid of Hanna Barbera characters was just another step towards simplification and cutting unecessary costs
JackGlass

Postby willxxforce on June 12th, 2019, 10:45 am
JT2002 wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:We should have received a Scooby-Doo dark ride instead of a blurry, boring Justice League ride. They had a ride at an arcade place that I used to go to (XD Dark Ride Motion Simulator), and it was made by Triotech. You sit in seats; it's 3d, and you shoot things. That ride looks so good, and it had 4d type of effects like wind, etc. Justice League is just so subpar compared to that "cheap" ride that was in a very small area, and I liked the Scooby-Doo dark ride even better than those 2.

Hey, I just went on Justice League the other day and had the best ride ever on it even though my blaster was only half working. All the effects were working perfectly, even ones that I forgot existed.
You could see the screen??? I went on like 3 weeks ago and you could barely see what what going in. Seemed like the projectors were pretty much dead

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Maxx Force will be my 50th
willxxforce

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 12th, 2019, 10:50 am
The only screen that I think is way too dark is the first one. Everything else seems fine to me.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Falcon on June 12th, 2019, 10:57 am
willxxforce wrote:
JT2002 wrote:

You could see the screen??? I went on like 3 weeks ago and you could barely see what what going in. Seemed like the projectors were pretty much dead

I second this. The screens are so dark and blurry that its hard to tell what is going on. Not to mention that the motion of the ride vehicles often does not match up to the motions you are seeing on the screen.
Falcon

Postby JT2002 on June 12th, 2019, 5:12 pm

I second this. The screens are so dark and blurry that its hard to tell what is going on. Not to mention that the motion of the ride vehicles often does not match up to the motions you are seeing on the screen.[/quote]

I don't know about the lack of syncing with the ride vehicles, but the darker screens definitely are a minor issue that sets a ride lack that apart from stuff at Universal Studios (like the Spiderman and Transformers rides)
JT2002

Postby UnclePennybags on June 12th, 2019, 6:13 pm
JT2002 wrote:
I went on like 3 weeks ago and you could barely see what what going in.

I second this.

As of three weeks ago, compared to the first year JL opened, all the screens seem dark and blurry to me.
UnclePennybags

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum