Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coaster Justin on June 6th, 2019, 5:57 pm
If it is turning Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown, I will not only be super happy, But nobody can ever say my ideas are crazy.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 6th, 2019, 9:49 pm
I would love to see maybe some Larson Flying Scooters, a smaller s&s tower, a kids train ride, a tilt a whirl, and maybe some antique cars added to Camp Cartoon. My hope was for them to knock down the back wall and Wilderness Theater and expand there but since they're repainting that wall, it looks like it won't happen.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby redrobinround on June 6th, 2019, 9:54 pm
consolidation of both kids zones and put a flat ride in old kidsopolis area and retheme sprocket rockets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redrobinround

Postby JT2002 on June 7th, 2019, 8:02 am
Can they please just rename the "Wilderness theater" the "Wilderness events center". Or would that be too much work?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 7th, 2019, 1:13 pm
Giant Drop had 30-40 minute wait yesterday!! I don't think that ride is going anywhere. Plus it's quite unique at this park.

Demon actually had a 15 minute wait yesterday. I think until there's actually a good reason to remove this ride, it stays. It's a great starter looper coaster and with it's low 42 inch height requirement, it's sort of a family ride too!

I think Hometown Junk Machine can definitely go to the scrap heap! It has terrible capacity compared to Fiddler's and it basically does the same thing. I'd also love to see Big UN-Easy Balloons be replaced with something that is more efficient.

Buccaneer Battle was a total walk on yesterday, and it was warm and sunny!! That ride will look nice as a "new" ride at Magic Waters park.

As for a kid's thrillseeker in training coaster, I thought that's what Sprocket Rocket and Little Dipper were?

I'm all for Rue (The Day Of) Le Dodge going away. It's past it's prime and now, with people so focused on concussions and injuries, many parents might think twice before letting their kids go on it.

Revolution can go too. It's a spinning version of River Rocker. Maybe when they build Steel Eagle, it will happen!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JT2002 on June 7th, 2019, 5:22 pm
Yet again more support for the idea that Eagle is the next ride to go/ get re-tracked. The park was totally packed today, even Little Dipper had past an hour long queue, and yet Eagle had literally no wait. I walked by and I saw maybe three or four people in a train. Maybe it was an operational thing, or maybe the ride just isn't drawing much of a crowd anymore or no one wants to re-ride it.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JackGlass on June 8th, 2019, 9:40 am
If they eventually install a coaster in Buccaneer Battle's plot. I hope they go with the name "Poltergeist" to compliment The Demon.

If they relocated those Kids rides and got rid of those games. That would be a good plot of land for a custom Raptor or a GCI or something like Fahrenheit at Hershey Park.
JackGlass

Postby Sven18 on June 8th, 2019, 3:06 pm
2020 water park expansion. Nothing added since 2011. That is followed by a flat ride, none added in forever(since they pretend larson loops are coasters). Flat ride collection is sorely lacking, just like it was at SFAdv and their last 2 years have been ABC Turbillion and a Zamperla Giant(170ft) Discovery. SFGAm could get either of the aforementioned or a Skyscreamer.

Would not at al b surprised to see the next few years as:
2020 water park
2021 flat ride
2022 flat ride
2023 kids area expansion/revamp
-
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on June 8th, 2019, 4:19 pm
Sven18 wrote:2020 water park expansion. Nothing added since 2011. That is followed by a flat ride, none added in forever(since they pretend larson loops are coasters). Flat ride collection is sorely lacking, just like it was at SFAdv and their last 2 years have been ABC Turbillion and a Zamperla Giant(170ft) Discovery. SFGAm could get either of the aforementioned or a Skyscreamer.

2020 water park
2021 flat ride
2022 flat ride
-

I'd love to see a water coaster come to Great America like the one at Fiesta Texas.
JackGlass

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 8th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Sven18 wrote:2020 water park expansion. Nothing added since 2011. That is followed by a flat ride, none added in forever(since they pretend larson loops are coasters). Flat ride collection is sorely lacking, just like it was at SFAdv and their last 2 years have been ABC Turbillion and a Zamperla Giant(170ft) Discovery. SFGAm could get either of the aforementioned or a Skyscreamer.

2020 water park
2021 flat ride
2022 flat ride
-

I don’t think we will see anything for the water park anytime soon since they acquired Magic Waters. Anything water park related will go to them.

B&MGuy35

Postby UnclePennybags on June 8th, 2019, 5:03 pm
Sven18 wrote:Would not at al b surprised to see the next few years as:
2020 water park
2021 flat ride
2022 flat ride

The above seems reasonable. I don't see another custom coaster coming for years. I believe SFGAm has a rhythm going that'll generally continue until something changes it. This is what we've had:

2014: Custom coaster (Goliath)

2015: Miscellaneous small stuff (Hometown Park, general improvements, etc)
2016: Clone (Justice League)
2017: Clone (Joker)
2018: Clone (Mardi Gras Hangover)
2019: Custom coaster (Maxx Force)

My crystal ball tells me the coming years will look something like this:

2020: Miscellaneous small stuff (kids' areas, general improvements, another Ignite stage, etc).
2021: Clone (Giga Discovery at River Rocker's spot)
2022: Clone (RMC Raptor at Buccaneer Battle's spot)
2023: Clone (Star Flyer at Dare Devil Dive's spot)
2024: Custom coaster (where, oh where could it go?)

Somewhere between 2020 and 2024, the waterpark will probably get some love. However, I'm not sure what kind of love that would be.
UnclePennybags

Postby staticshadows on June 8th, 2019, 7:51 pm
2020: The NEW Scenic Railway
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 8th, 2019, 8:01 pm
LOL.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby UnclePennybags on June 8th, 2019, 8:28 pm
staticshadows wrote:2020: The NEW Scenic Railway

That'd be awesome. I enjoy riding the train several times a year, but I'd love to see the train turned into a people mover. RobSFGAm had the idea of adding a station out in SW Territory. If you could do that, add one or two more trains, and have them running when the park opens and closes, you'd save wear and tear on many a foot.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 10th, 2019, 9:31 am

2020 water park
2021 flat ride
2022 flat ride
-

We got our water park expansion: It's called Magic Waters!!!! :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Sven18 on June 15th, 2019, 11:25 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

2020 water park
2021 flat ride
2022 flat ride
-

We got our water park expansion: It's called Magic Waters!!!! :)

The purpose of Magic Waters is to bring Rockford people to SFGAm and buy memberships/. The Rockford park produces very little revenue on it's own, thus will receive a very small Capex. SFGAm waterpark will need to receive it's normal schedule of new stuff. Making Magic Waters Capex in lieu of Hurricane Harbor would be a bad idea. Most people are already tired of the stuff at HH b/c there hasn't been anything new for a long time.
Sven18

Postby JackGlass on June 20th, 2019, 10:23 am
At this point I'm starting to lean towards one water park attraction and one dry park attraction. Simmilar to what Great Adventure did this year.

A water slide in that open land next to Maxx Force and either a Skywarp in Trail Blazers site or a Giga Discovery in Home Town Fun Machines plot of land, with it being relocated next to Demon.
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on June 20th, 2019, 11:00 am
JackGlass wrote:At this point I'm starting to lean towards one water park attraction and one dry park attraction. Simmilar to what Great Adventure did this year.

A water slide in that open land next to Maxx Force and either a Skywarp in Trail Blazers site or a Giga Discovery in Home Town Fun Machines plot of land, with it being relocated next to Demon.

I don’t think Six Flags will buy anymore Skywarps, it was a massive failure along with the two Tourbillons.

It does seem like they cleared out more trees and landscaping than was necessary for Maxx Force construction. The HTFM plot is too narrow for a Giga Discovery. I do think we will see Great America add a Giga Discovery and water slide and Magic Waters will probably get something new.
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 20th, 2019, 11:13 am
There's not enough room for anything next to Maxx Force. You still have the train running through that area and the exit walkway from Maxx too.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby maxwellt on June 25th, 2019, 7:57 pm
I am back! lol

So, this isnt really pertained towards all of 2020, this is more just food for thought. Ive decided to map out some areas in the park, and see how big their plots of land are. Then I decided to look up technical specs on certain rides to see if there is a possibility of rides fitting in certain sections of the park. I dont want to nerd out too much, but here is some ideas.

Essentially, I only mapped out certain areas of the park (vacant areas, or rides that are kinda irrelevant at this point) to see how much land is actually there. Im only going to list those areas here. Then I will show ride sizes and you can all choose what goes where. I will have a couple of specifics, but other than that its going to mostly be a bit more open ended. I dont want to include screenshots because that would get way too hectic.

Note: these arent all exact, just rough estimations

Open areas of land/potential open areas of land

- Ropes Course (by demon, I forgot the name of the ride but its gone): 60x60 feet (60x90 if you go into the trees)
- Dare Devil Dive - 140x110 feet
- Revolution - 60x80 feet (if the queue that is already there is kept)
- Condor - 60x60 feet
- Dodge Cars: 130x80 feet
- Bucky: 200x130 feet
- Go-Karts: 190x240 feet
- Bucky and Go-Karts: 525x150 feet (150 by go karts, 130 by bucky, if that makes sense)
- Roaring Rapids (unlikely but why not throw it in): 525x270 feet
- The Dark Knight (again unlikely but why not): 340x160 feet

Now, here are some ride options that could go into some of these plats of land
- Starflyer (242ft model from SF America): 90x90 feet
- Giga Discovery (website details): 110x80 feet
- Disko (website details): 80x30 feet
- Cyborg type ride (used SFOT version) 65x65 feet
- Endeavor (website details): 65x65 feet
- Air Race (website details): 75x75 feet
- Screaming Swings (website details): 8x15 feet (wayyyy wrong but its on s&s' website like that)
- GCI Woodie (used American Thunder at SFStl): 470x150 feet
- Kiddie rides: most of them will be around 30x30 feet ballpark guess
- RMC Raptor (used SFFT): 280x100 feet

Pick and choose where you would like to see rides end up I guess

One that I thought would be cool would be to swap V2 out with a pulsar coaster
- V2: 340x50 feet
- Pulsar (Walibi Belgium): 480x70 feet
Yeahhhhh.....I guess that wont work....oops

Well, there you go. Hopefully some of these flats can come in the near future!
maxwellt

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 25th, 2019, 8:05 pm
I would love to see an S&S Screaming Swing come to our park as it would be unique to us and they are just fun in general. But then again it’s Six Flags and we probably won’t get anything like that in the near future ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 25th, 2019, 8:58 pm
I would love to see an Endeavor in Sky Trail(name?) spot next to Demon, if they can make it fit. Also replace Hometown UN-fun Machine with something more fun!

And leave Condor and Dark Knight right where they are :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby IssaCoaster on June 25th, 2019, 9:12 pm
Demon should have been chosen for a layout as well. Despite how many people think it's staying for a while[emoji23].

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on June 26th, 2019, 10:52 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I would love to see an Endeavor in Sky Trail(name?) spot next to Demon, if they can make it fit. Also replace Hometown UN-fun Machine with something more fun!

And leave Condor and Dark Knight right where they are :)

Agreed! Condor is eye candy. It looks awesome at night and it's still a great ride almost 30 years later.

I just saw a new video from Sky Trek Tower. I'm convinced that they are going to build a water slide in that open area next to Maxx Force for 2020. That's probably why they're not going to open the train until next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZEJfnmJSs
JackGlass

Postby maxwellt on June 26th, 2019, 12:05 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:Demon should have been chosen for a layout as well. Despite how many people think it's staying for a while[emoji23].

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
I thought about it, but I didn't want to trigger too many people lol. Demon is tough due to the train, but the turnaround and corkscrews can be one section (that ride could be dc themed right by justice league) and the part with the lift and loops can be for another attraction.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
maxwellt

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum