Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby redrobinround on June 6th, 2019, 3:36 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:It fits, but it looks like it barely fits. I think B&M is the golden standard in ride's safety, and if you look at something like Superman's brake run, you see that B&M doesn't play around with having short brake runs. They don't chance the idea of a roller coaster train crashing into another train.
thats why there are brakes at the top of the last inversion all the way down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redrobinround

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 6th, 2019, 3:54 pm
JT2002 wrote:I've been at the park these last few days and there has barely been any construction. It was a perfect day yesterday, but no work to report. I'm confident that the park has a plan, and we could expect an opening date to be released in the next few days even if testing does not begin.
Maybe they are done with construction? Can anyone confirm if all footers are grouted? Is the concrete for the control room fully cured and the moulds removed?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby redrobinround on June 6th, 2019, 4:00 pm
redrobinround

Postby IssaCoaster on June 6th, 2019, 4:09 pm
So I'm gonna go ahead and say early July for the opening of the coaster based off of those pictures.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby FParker185 on June 6th, 2019, 6:06 pm
Not sure how long this will work since FB likes to change stuff up constantlty, but it can be seen in this pic that the support does not line up with the track and they are using chains and a winch to try and bend it to fit. Was off by several inches, which when building a structure such as that, might as well be 30 feet

https://ibb.co/3MW2Lwd

edit: uploaded it elsewhere and posted a link as well
Last edited by FParker185 on June 6th, 2019, 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby IssaCoaster on June 6th, 2019, 6:07 pm
^what is that a picture of? I can't open it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 6th, 2019, 6:27 pm
FParker185 wrote:Not sure how long this will work since FB likes to change stuff up constantlty, but it can be seen in this pic that the support does not line up with the track and they are using chains and a winch to try and bend it to fit. Was off by several inches, which when building a structure such as that, might as well be 30 feet

https://ibb.co/3MW2Lwd

edit: uploaded it elsewhere and posted a link as well
Is that a common practice in building a coaster? Does it have to do with an error in manufacturing or attempting to navigate a difficult install?

SaveTheWAVE

Postby FParker185 on June 6th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Manufacturing or design issue, while winches arent that uncommon to move a support slightly or pull something together, never seen it done to bend 2 parts of the same support. And I wanna say that piece of track was put in place a week or so before the tour, so no way to say how far it was originally off by.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby chicagolandcoasters on June 6th, 2019, 9:39 pm
The track alignment issue was only on one support and was addressed months ago...
Ryan from Chicagoland Coasters
World's biggest Lightning Rod fanboy
Instagram: @chicagolandcoasters
Twitter: @chicoasters
chicagolandcoasters

Postby RobSFGAm on June 6th, 2019, 10:22 pm
June 6th PM
1) The queue area railing are still not in.
2) Grouting the supports is moving along quickly now and 85% look to be done now, but cannot see every footer base to confirm. If they finish grouting tomorrow, then they could start testing next week as long a next item is complete.
3) Many fence poles for chain link fence are upright, but no fencing is attached yet...need to be done for testing since park is open.
4) Exit gift shop has progressed a lot. Interior is painted, new lights are up and even Ice Cream machine is in. This evening there were four pallets about four feet high of candy and food to be loaded in (worker was waiting outside with all the pallets for someone to let him in).

5) Entrance - new overhanging queue lights have been added to the beginning queue line

6) More land grading has taken place, smoother/level ground
7) Scenic Railroad - really nothing I can see done in regards to this.
8 ) Maxx Force train is still in the shed, not in station or on track
9) Monsoon Lagoon is filled with water and it looks like the barricades are down around it.
10) One of the two wooden walls arounds the support columns that encroach in HH is done and painted, other one just needs to be painted. Looks like all the attractions that we closed in HH because of Maxx Force could reopen again this weekend.
RobSFGAm

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 7th, 2019, 7:55 am
I'm happy to read this!! Hopefully it won't be long now!

SaveTheWAVE

Postby anewman35 on June 7th, 2019, 12:36 pm
Marcus LeShock's new podcast episode had some information I hadn't seen:

- They wouldn't commit to any dates for anything (that's not new, I guess) but they say they're on track for early summer
- The first part of the queue won't be covered, but the second part will
- There are not doors or anything in the station, just normal air gates
- The trains will have additional decorative pieces that were not on yet when Marcus did his tour
- The Scenic Railroad will not be running this season

Worth a listen for sure...
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 7th, 2019, 12:49 pm
Some questions and observations:

Fparker - Do all modern coasters get their footers grouted?

Also, the videos of Maxx show the barrel roll going over the train. But in all the photo's I've seen posted here it appears the barrel roll will NOT go over the train. What does everyone else see?
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on June 7th, 2019, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 7th, 2019, 12:54 pm
anewman35 wrote: The first part of the queue won't be covered, but the second part will

I'm assuming the first part of the queue is what was left of the Pictorium's queue. At least I hope thats what they mean. Hopefully they plant a lot of trees too.

Edit: Nevermind I just listened to the podcast. That huge chunk of concrete is the "first part of the queue" that won't be covered :/
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on June 7th, 2019, 2:02 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
anewman35 wrote: The first part of the queue won't be covered, but the second part will

I'm assuming the first part of the queue is what was left of the Pictorium's queue. At least I hope thats what they mean. Hopefully they plant a lot of trees too.

Edit: Nevermind I just listened to the podcast. That huge chunk of concrete is the "first part of the queue" that won't be covered :/

Sorry I wasn't clearer. But, yeah, my understanding was that the bigger irregular shaped concrete area that comes first isn't planned on having cover, but the rectangular section closer to the station will. Hopefully at least they'll do fans or misting or something, I remember waiting in the outdoor queue of Justice League when it first opened, and it didn't have anything like that and it was miserable. I believe they added some fans shortly afterwards...
anewman35

Postby cliffhanger on June 7th, 2019, 2:20 pm
anewman35 wrote:...my understanding was that the bigger irregular shaped concrete area that comes first isn't planned on having cover, but the rectangular section closer to the station will.

Not sure about this. The second queue wasn't poured when Marcus was there. So we really don't know what Hank meant when he said that.
cliffhanger

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 7th, 2019, 2:24 pm
Listening to the podcast, I'm pretty sure he means that entire chunk of concrete including what was just poured won't be covered.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on June 7th, 2019, 3:04 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Listening to the podcast, I'm pretty sure he means that entire chunk of concrete including what was just poured won't be covered.

If that was the case, what's the part that IS covered?

Here's what Marcus says, just for the record: "From what I heard there that day from everyone who was working, that first section of queue is not going to be covered. Now maybe they'll change that, but it sounds like you're going to be under the sun in that first section of the line there. Then, so you're going to queue in that large paved section before entering another paved queue section which is right before the station and I'm told that section will be covered, and there will be a canopy there"

So, yeah, I'm still thinking the bigger first section isn't covered, but the rectangular area after that IS covered.
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 7th, 2019, 3:11 pm
From my understanding from the podcast is that the only queue area with a canopy will by the switchbacks right in front of the station before the ramp.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 7th, 2019, 7:17 pm
From Amusement Insiders' Instagram.
I'm not sure if they are already selling t-shirts for Maxx somewhere, but someone already has one. I think it looks neat.Image

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

Postby gottastrata33 on June 7th, 2019, 9:15 pm
That shirt is hideous.
gottastrata33

Postby cliffhanger on June 7th, 2019, 11:06 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:That shirt is hideous.

:lol: I totally agree. It's looks like it's straight from the 90s. Complete with tacky airbrush painting and faded colors. Can we just get the logo on a shirt? Heck, even the promo image would look great.
cliffhanger

Postby gottastrata33 on June 7th, 2019, 11:09 pm
cliffhanger wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:That shirt is hideous.

:lol: I totally agree. It's looks like it's straight from the 90s. Complete with tacky airbrush painting and faded colors. Can we just get the logo on a shirt? Heck, even the promo image would look great.

Exactly - I love the 90s though but this ain’t a cute shirt. With all the tech we have today, what is up with that painted airbrush lookin track & racecar?! Literally just the logo as you said would be much more appealing. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby coasterlove on June 8th, 2019, 12:26 am
I guess because I'm an 80s/90s kid, I actually like this shirt.
coasterlove

Postby [jonrev] on June 8th, 2019, 2:39 am
About what I expect for theme park garb, least the graphic designer didn't make it with No Limits screenshots like several years ago.
[jonrev]

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum