Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on April 14th, 2019, 6:42 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I wish they would redo that entire area tbh. I honestly hate that entire wacky theme going on with Kidzoplis and the tent frame that is still there. The entrance and walkway to AE is ugly. They should get rid of all of that concrete walkway with the sky coaster platform in my opinion. Have the Eagle's queue line start ground level and then have stairs right by the service road and train crossing. How about retheming the kids area and adding in a thrilling flat ground level where the sky coaster is.

I've wanted this for a long time but sadly we might never see this. If Eagle really did get an RMC, Kidzopolis got rethemed to Bugs Bunny Boom Town, and the entrance/queue got a complete overhaul it would be a personal dream.

Even if Eagle did avoid the RMC I would still love to see improvements to it.

Since Eagle first opened, it's always felt like it wasn't part of the park proper because of its queue. I also would like to see this improved. And yes, as long as they're at it, improve the Kidzopolis layout as well. Maybe push the Krazy Kars track behind Johnny Rockets. This would open up a contiguous area of land if they ever decided to lose Dare Devil Dive.
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 14th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Even if Eagle did avoid the RMC I would still love to see improvements to it.

In Marcus Leshock's new podcast someone posted here earlier, he talked about Worlds of Fun in Kansas City bringing in GCI to retrack their two wooden coasters. It would be great to see AE get retracked. Maybe it will one day. It's not getting RMC'd, I highly doubt it.

Also, I haven't heard of that rumor RMC is working to repair AE.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby jmanporty7 on April 14th, 2019, 10:11 pm
I personally would like Eagle to get the GCI refurb...I mean just look at Ghost Rider at Knott's.
jmanporty7

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 15th, 2019, 4:11 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:I personally would like Eagle to get the GCI refurb...I mean just look at Ghost Rider at Knott's.

I know!! I wonder if the park would actually do this or take out another loved flat for a skywarp.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on April 18th, 2019, 3:26 pm
Quoted relevant comments from the Maxx Force topic:
gottastrata33 wrote:You know what I see happening.... the land against Maxx is going to be used for HH at some point. It’s a small plot but enough to add a little somethin.

Goku1910 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I don't think so. The land between Maxx and the HH path is too small. You also have the train tracks going through that entire area too. I don't know how the queue will lay, but there's a hill there still behind Carousel Gifts. I'd love for a flat to go there, but I just don't see it happening.

It's bigger than you think. The area between the train curve, viper, and HH is quite large. If they manage to move that electrical building and then pushed HH's entrance back they could fit something small there or expand upon Riptide Bay.

The Building I'm referring to is pictured here: https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5D4AECCB

This may not be for 2020, but I could see something as large as a Proslide RocketBlast/Flying Saucer water coaster going next to Maxx Force eventually. If they can't move the electrical building, they could always go over or around it with a water slide. The yellow line in the image below marks approximately where I think the undeveloped land next to Maxx Force begins.

The water coaster at Fiesta Texas is now more efficient due to a new water nozzle design.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasThrillSeekers/permalink/2029867620473798/
Jeffrey Siebert
April 4 at 5:53 PM
Huge thanks to Proslide, our maintenance team, and our aquatics team for commissioning a new innovative water coaster blaster nozzle design that offers big thrills while saving water and electricity! Great job Team! #SFFT2019
staticshadows

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 12th, 2019, 10:16 am
JackGlass wrote:Would a Giga Discover fit in Rue Le Dodge's plot? They could always relocate the Bumper cars to that Building in County Fair behind the Games Gallery.

I actually don’t think the bumper cars will go anywhere. We hold the world record for the worlds largest bumper car floor which is nothing I get but we all know Six Flags likes to brag about records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby redrobinround on May 12th, 2019, 2:54 pm
replace condor with sky screamer

redrobinround

Postby UnclePennybags on May 12th, 2019, 10:15 pm
redrobinround wrote:replace condor with sky screamer

A SkyScreamer might be a little big for the Condor plat. Here's what it looks like now:

Here's what it might look like with a SkyScreamer:

There are two immediate issues I noticed overlaying the SkyScreamer at this location:

1) The SkyScreamer is muscling in on the blue tent behind the Superman entrance gate. I'm not sure why this tent is so wide, but ideally it could be narrowed to give more room for any ride installed on the Condor plat.

2) The SkyScreamer is also overlapping a small building at the right-back corner of the plat. There are also a bunch of smaller ground units at the same corner that would likely prevent pushing the ride further back on the plat. This could create issues if this ride is popular enough that it needs an extensive queuing system at the front of the ride. Not sure if this area is big enough to accommodate a big queue.

Most Six Flags parks have SkyScreamers that are 243 feet tall. I'm pretty sure that this corner of the park could have a ride this high, but I always forget the heights that could be approved by Gurnee at different parts of the park.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on May 13th, 2019, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 13th, 2019, 7:28 am
Keep Condor :) Instead, replace Revolution with Skyscreamer!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JT2002 on May 13th, 2019, 4:26 pm
^replace Dare Devil Dive with a Sky Screamer
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby UnclePennybags on May 13th, 2019, 8:10 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:replace Revolution with Skyscreamer!

JT2002 wrote:replace Dare Devil Dive with a Sky Screamer

I posted earlier on this thread about the possibilities of installing a SkyScreamer at either the Dare Devil Dive (DDD) or Revolution locations. If the park could be persuaded to get rid of DDD, that location would be *ideal* for a SkyScreamer. A perfect fit.

Dropping a SkyScreamer at Revolution's spot may be problematic:

If you use the SkyScreamer at Six Flags New England (SFNE) as a template, there is a landscaped area around the ride, plus the incoming queue at one corner. I suspect the landscaping acts as an exclusionary zone to keep people at a distance and that it is not just there to look pretty. In the picture above, the landscaped area is represented by the green corona around the SkyScreamer.

Here's the rub: the SkyScreamer at SFNE is in a dead end corner of the park. Not a lot of traffic. If someone drops a camera or a phone, the odds of hitting a pedestrian are probably not good. At Revolution's location, you have a major throughway of people getting from one corner of the park to another. I wish I knew more about risk mitigation as it pertains to amusement park safety, but I don't have to work in the industry to suspect that the odds of someone getting something dropped on them is greater at Revolution's spot than where SFNE has located their SkyScreamer. It just doesn't look right to me.

Having stated the above, a SkyScreamer at Revolution's spot would *look* cool. I don't think it'll happen, but it would look cool.
UnclePennybags

Postby LordMagnus101 on May 14th, 2019, 8:45 am
I like Revolution. I know it wont happen, but I'd rather see the Go Karts, Buccaneer Battle, or Daredevil Dive go for new attractions.
LordMagnus101

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 14th, 2019, 10:23 am
UnclePennybags wrote:I posted earlier on this thread about the possibilities of installing a SkyScreamer at either the Dare Devil Dive (DDD) or Revolution locations. If the park could be persuaded to get rid of DDD, that location would be *ideal* for a SkyScreamer. A perfect fit.

Dropping a SkyScreamer at Revolution's spot may be problematic:

If you use the SkyScreamer at Six Flags New England (SFNE) as a template, there is a landscaped area around the ride, plus the incoming queue at one corner. I suspect the landscaping acts as an exclusionary zone to keep people at a distance and that it is not just there to look pretty. In the picture above, the landscaped area is represented by the green corona around the SkyScreamer.

Here's the rub: the SkyScreamer at SFNE is in a dead end corner of the park. Not a lot of traffic. If someone drops a camera or a phone, the odds of hitting a pedestrian are probably not good. At Revolution's location, you have a major throughway of people getting from one corner of the park to another. I wish I knew more about risk mitigation as it pertains to amusement park safety, but I don't have to work in the industry to suspect that the odds of someone getting something dropped on them is greater at Revolution's spot than where SFNE has located their SkyScreamer. It just doesn't look right to me.

Having stated the above, a SkyScreamer at Revolution's spot would *look* cool. I don't think it'll happen, but it would look cool.

Very excellent points!! I didn't think of the risk factor involved from falling objects. The diameter of Giant Drop is smaller so it's smaller risk area and is contained within the ride footprint. A 240 Ft Skyscreamer needs a larger footprint and safety envelope for falling objects. We all know (and have seen) people taking photos on rides! It WILL happen! The same might be true for Giant Discovery. I could see keys and phones flying out of people's pockets!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby jmanporty7 on May 14th, 2019, 3:08 pm
I don't know if this has been mentioned at all in these forums, but Six Flags America removed their Skycoaster after last season for future expansion. Does anyone think that Dare Devil Dive has a higher chance of leaving now? Possibly for a SkyScreamer (Funtime star flyer)?
jmanporty7

Postby UnclePennybags on May 14th, 2019, 3:25 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned at all in these forums, but Six Flags America removed their Skycoaster after last season for future expansion. Does anyone think that Dare Devil Dive has a higher chance of leaving now? Possibly for a SkyScreamer (Funtime star flyer)?

Six Flags New England removed their Skycoaster and replaced it with a SkyScreamer. I think it's possible that SFGAm could do the same. It comes down to how much money the park is making from DDD upcharges.

As someone who pays to ride DDD once every season, I'd be OK if it went away. I'd prefer a SkyScreamer at this location.
UnclePennybags

Postby JT2002 on May 14th, 2019, 6:29 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned at all in these forums, but Six Flags America removed their Skycoaster after last season for future expansion. Does anyone think that Dare Devil Dive has a higher chance of leaving now? Possibly for a SkyScreamer (Funtime star flyer)?

Six Flags New England removed their Skycoaster and replaced it with a SkyScreamer. I think it's possible that SFGAm could do the same. It comes down to how much money the park is making from DDD upcharges.

As someone who pays to ride DDD once every season, I'd be OK if it went away. I'd prefer a SkyScreamer at this location.

I'd prefer a SkyScreamer even if it were an upcharge, though costing less than DDD
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SFGAM_Hog on May 25th, 2019, 7:14 pm
https://www.westernmassnews.com/better/ ... 7cc1f.html

The SFNE 2019 ride looks to be a solid addition! I wouldn't mind having one here.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on June 4th, 2019, 7:56 am
They are repainting the walls in Camp Cartoon. Maybe we'll see a retheme soon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLwSyaxfeI
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on June 4th, 2019, 8:47 am
JackGlass wrote:They are repainting the walls in Camp Cartoon. Maybe we'll see a retheme soon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLwSyaxfeI

Hey, I recognize that paint box! Say hi to "The Dude" (he doesn't know me, but I've heard of him). You'll probably see him around the park time to time painting stuff
JT2002

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 5th, 2019, 11:33 pm
So, instead of just what ride we will get, how about what rides are on the chopping block? I think these rides are:

*Giant Drop (It never even operates at full capacity because sides are always broke)
*Buccaneer Battle
*Black Arrow Coaster
*Sky Trek Tower (It has less hours which is not good for any ride)

*Fiddler's Fling (I would say not this year because they just put lights on it). Orbit, they also put newer lights towards it's demise, but they took it out anyway. Sometimes, you put lights on a ride to also attract people to a ride that not a lot of people are riding.
*Rue Le Dodge - A lot of Six Flags got rid of these rides, and they didn't replace the bumper cars yet. They might figure it's too expensive to upkeep the old bumper cars, and they might think it's not worth the money to buy all these new bumper cars. It's kind of worthless to advertise "new" bumper cars. It won't bring in the people.

Remember though, what Six Flags Great America has been doing is that they take out a ride or a show building, and than leave that area empty for a year / years. So, some of you might say they wouldn't take out the black Arrow coaster because it's too large of an area, and their is no way in 2020, the park is getting a big coaster in that spot. This park takes rides out ahead of time though. The park could literally take out the black Arrow coaster at the end of this year, and than put in new toddler rides in Camp Cartoon area for 2020.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby coasterlove on June 6th, 2019, 12:04 am
I think Six Flags Great America will add a new coaster in 2020 in the former spot of the theater and will travel alongside Whizzer between the waterpark and Raging Bull. I'd guess it will be a launch coaster.
coasterlove

Postby JaminOut on June 6th, 2019, 9:01 am
^ I like this guy.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby cliffhanger on June 6th, 2019, 10:46 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:...how about what rides are on the chopping block?

*Giant Drop
Giant Drop is still a huge draw for the park. I can't see them getting rid of this any time soon.

*Buccaneer Battle
Well, thats a given.

*Black Arrow Coaster
Demon has seen a lot of love these past years. They brought back most of the original themeing and did some refurbishment a few years ago. Besides, the footprint is so narrow, I have a hard time imagining what other ride could go there.

*Sky Trek Tower (It has less hours which is not good for any ride)
No way this is leaving. It's one of the few family rides everyone can get on. It also serves as advertising for new rides and passes.

*Fiddler's Fling
Again, we have a very small footprint and this is a ride that seems to be pretty simple to maintain.

*Rue Le Dodge
Honestly, this could go either way. There is a nice little plot of land here for something fun. Though I dont think maitenence of the cars is really a deciding factor.
cliffhanger

Postby gottastrata33 on June 6th, 2019, 1:06 pm
I’m hoping 2020 will be a kids area revamp/expansion. I’m hoping for not only refurbs/theming but an overhaul with new flats, food & a thrill seekers in training coaster. Hopefully next year will be a major focus on families. It’ll be nice to see some new rides for kids to enjoy, especially a roller coaster let alone brand new areas. I’m lookin at you camp cartoon.
gottastrata33

Postby JT2002 on June 6th, 2019, 3:16 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I’m hoping 2020 will be a kids area revamp/expansion. I’m hoping for not only refurbs/theming but an overhaul with new flats, food & a thrill seekers in training coaster. Hopefully next year will be a major focus on families. It’ll be nice to see some new rides for kids to enjoy, especially a roller coaster let alone brand new areas. I’m lookin at you camp cartoon.

They've been doing a lot of work over by camp cartoon recently, maybe they are preparing for a retheme. Most of those kids rides aren't really working the best any ways.
JT2002

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum