Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What rides would you like to see get removed and why

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coaster Justin on October 14th, 2018, 1:00 pm
FParker185 wrote:Joker would be better and worth keeping around if they took it out of family mode and put on more fins. Get it into the 8-10 flip range like some others.

As long as it's not as terrible as Green Lantern at SFMM. Arashi was a surprise.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby JaminOut on October 14th, 2018, 2:48 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
FParker185 wrote:Joker would be better and worth keeping around if they took it out of family mode and put on more fins. Get it into the 8-10 flip range like some others.

As long as it's not as terrible as Green Lantern at SFMM. Arashi was a surprise.

Green Lantern is an entirely different ride experience. There is nothing they could do to make the ride as bad as green lantern haha.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JaminOut on October 14th, 2018, 2:48 pm
double post :(
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on October 17th, 2018, 6:35 pm
I'd like to add a few rides to my list...

Hometown Fun Machine: It feels really unreliable now a days and it keep getting my right arm bruised on this.

MGH; This ride now does nothing for me... I really don't know why I was so pumped for this and really liked it at the beginning.

Dare Devil's Dive: This is some nice land for a Giant Discovery.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby ChicagoCoasters on October 17th, 2018, 10:24 pm
Dare Devil Dive is also a good spot for the overflow queue for RMC American Eagle. :wink:
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 19th, 2018, 11:51 am
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Dare Devil Dive is also a good spot for the overflow queue for RMC American Eagle. :wink:

Which will happen in 2021, the 40th anniversary of Eagle!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ilovthevu' on October 19th, 2018, 4:43 pm
Nevermind.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on October 19th, 2018, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on October 19th, 2018, 9:16 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:So, yet another Buccaneer Battle ride is being destroyed in America. You had the Indiana Beach one (which was probably a different company), Dollywood's, and now a Legoland one which is kind of new.

https://insidethemagic.net/2018/05/lego ... t-for-chi/

Our management needs to get a clue already. Junk, junk, the ride (Buccaneer Battle)

Not to defend Buccaneer Battle or anything, but reading the articles about the Legoland ride, it sounds a lot more like it's just being rethemed, not being removed...
Last edited by anewman35 on October 21st, 2018, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anewman35

Postby Ilovthevu' on October 19th, 2018, 11:06 pm
^Yeah, your right. I've heard about a flying theater, and thought that was the only ride in that area that was going to be new, and I thought they were taking out that Buccaneer Battle ride.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201810/6341/
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby super7 on October 23rd, 2018, 10:03 am
Buccaneer Battle - totally out of theme.
The Joker - its hideous and made for a weird pathway
The go karts - totally hideous in an area that is supposed to have been wilderness themed
Batman - ugly ride, out of theme. Or at least retheme it.
super7

Postby jmanporty7 on October 23rd, 2018, 10:56 pm
super7 wrote:Buccaneer Battle - totally out of theme.
The Joker - its hideous and made for a weird pathway
The go karts - totally hideous in an area that is supposed to have been wilderness themed
Batman - ugly ride, out of theme. Or at least retheme it.

I can understand the first 3 but BATMAN? WTF is wrong with you?
jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on October 24th, 2018, 6:05 am
Batman is an icon, I doubt it will ever be removed or rethemed. Buccaneer Battle is at the top of my list though along with Kidzopolis. Both take up valuable real estate, and really offer nothing for the park. Some of those Kidzopolis rides could be moved to Camp Cartoon if they decide to bulldoze the wilderness theater and expand it.

Ed Hart put it the best in Coaster Studios new documentary.... What drives theme park attendance? "It's the rides stupid" lol
JackGlass

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum