Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby B&MGuy35 on September 2nd, 2018, 11:16 am
anewman35 wrote:Well, based on where that new banner is, maybe they're using the old "Spaceport" area for the entrance, and that's clearly part of Carosuel Plaza.

(Also, you can complain about it as much as you want, but Pictorium was also considered part of Carosuel Plaza too. See this old map. Take it up with the park if you don't like it. http://www.mappery.com/map-of/Six-Flags ... e-Park-Map)

Not complaining, just curious how long they’ve been considering this part of Carousel Plaza. I’m surprised no one ever noticed till now. You think they would have moved the signs for Hometown Square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 2nd, 2018, 11:35 am
To me Hometown Square begins under the train bridge.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on September 2nd, 2018, 11:46 am
^Yes. Not to mention Carousel Plaza Gifts has the sign reading "Carousel Plaza" on the roof. I think the Hometown Square sign was placed where it was just for symmetry with the similar Orleans place one.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 2nd, 2018, 3:16 pm
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=9 ... n__=%2B%3E

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=9 ... n__=%2B%3E

New sign up (First Link)
Removed Tracks (Second Link) Thanks to JiggidyNDG :)

Edit: It looks like they put up a few signs actually
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on September 2nd, 2018, 10:57 pm
I really hope they put up track and supports during Holiday In The Park. Although, knowing Six Flags it probably won't happen. I am so glad we get a custom launch coaster.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby chicagoperson on September 3rd, 2018, 12:38 am
ChicagoCoasters wrote:I really hope they put up track and supports during Holiday In The Park. Although, knowing Six Flags it probably won't happen. I am so glad we get a custom launch coaster.

Im just happy it's CUSTOM...i was expecting 100% a clone. So im overjoyed.
1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Millennium Force 5. The Beast
chicagoperson

Postby JackGlass on September 3rd, 2018, 8:45 am
chicagoperson wrote:
ChicagoCoasters wrote:I really hope they put up track and supports during Holiday In The Park. Although, knowing Six Flags it probably won't happen. I am so glad we get a custom launch coaster.

Im just happy it's CUSTOM...i was expecting 100% a clone. So im overjoyed.

Hell yeah! Post bankruptcy, 3 out of 4 have now been customs! Not too shabby, lol
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 3rd, 2018, 9:32 am
I feel like the only coasters that end up being cloned to other parks are at Fiesta Texas. I doubt Maxx will be cloned. I didn't think this would be any cloned ride because of the terrain. If we got a cloned raptor I think it'd be in Bucky Battle's place.
Last edited by SFGAM_Hog on September 3rd, 2018, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby coasterkidd100 on September 3rd, 2018, 9:35 am
X Flight was never cloned and i thought for sure Six Flags would have cloned it so I can't see them ever cloning Maxx Force either.
coasterkidd100

Postby JackGlass on September 3rd, 2018, 10:20 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I feel like the only coasters that end up being cloned to other parks are at Fiesta Texas. I doubt Maxx will be cloned. I didn't think this would be any cloned ride because of the terrain. If we got a cloned raptor I think it'd be in Bucky Battle's place.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they tossed a Raptor in Buccaneer Battles plot for 2020! Raptors are dirt cheap and from what I've seen at Fiesta Texas, a huge crowd attractor! Bucky Battle? Not so much, lol. That thing is just a complete waste of space, where as a Raptor would be a money generator with the on ride photo sales, etc.
JackGlass

Postby jmanporty7 on September 3rd, 2018, 10:26 am
JackGlass wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I feel like the only coasters that end up being cloned to other parks are at Fiesta Texas. I doubt Maxx will be cloned. I didn't think this would be any cloned ride because of the terrain. If we got a cloned raptor I think it'd be in Bucky Battle's place.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they tossed a Raptor in Buccaneer Battles plot for 2020! Raptors are dirt cheap and from what I've seen at Fiesta Texas, a huge crowd attractor! Bucky Battle? Not so much, lol. That thing is just a complete waste of space, where as a Raptor would be a money generator with the on ride photo sales, etc.

Huge crowd attractor? I wonder why... :roll: :lol:
jmanporty7

Postby SaveTheWAVE on September 3rd, 2018, 10:30 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY-cphFgC78
Maxx Force’s launch will look something like what is featured in the video. If the rest of the ride is as good as the launch, people’s minds will be blown. Note: The language in the video is not English.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby JackGlass on September 3rd, 2018, 10:34 am
jmanporty7 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

Huge crowd attractor? I wonder why... :roll: :lol:

Yeah the capacity sucks, no doubt about it, lol. But even with the bad capacity it would help them sell more flash passes and the GP would eat it up like those at Fiesta Texas! Anything would be an improvemnt over Bucky Battle at this point, lol.
JackGlass

Postby jmanporty7 on September 3rd, 2018, 10:40 am
Personally I would like to see a T-rex come to our park in the future, instead of a raptor and even rmc eagle. I don't know where it could go but it'd be better for capacity as well as being a much larger ride than a raptor.
jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on September 3rd, 2018, 10:46 am
jmanporty7 wrote:Personally I would like to see a T-rex come to our park in the future, instead of a raptor and even rmc eagle. I don't know where it could go but it'd be better for capacity as well as being a much larger ride than a raptor.

They could fit a Rex in Buccaneer Battles plot and the Grand Music Halls plot. but I don't know if they would be willing to demolish the Grand Music Hall. RMC Eagle is almost a must at this point! That thing would be a capacity machine if its done properly and easily one of the best rides in the park! If not, the best ride!
JackGlass

Postby Viper 88 on September 3rd, 2018, 11:35 am
We do not need to remove any more theaters that would just plain be stupid! I would personally like them to remove sucky battle and bring back Sky Whirl! I mean since 3 of 4 new rides have been custom why couldn't they bring it back if they bought the blue print or paid Intamin? We desperately need a crowd eating family ride. Anyone else notice that since we've lost Orbit, Trailblazer, Splashwater Falls, Great America Raceway, Space Shuttle America, King Chaos, and Jesters that everyone is basically concentrated? and everything seems more crowded? I think these rides were superb additions because they pulled people off the midways and distracted from some other rides Even Theater Royale could hold a bevy of people thus freeing some lines and adding breathing room.
Viper 88

Postby JackGlass on September 3rd, 2018, 11:38 am
Viper 88 wrote:We do not need to remove any more theaters that would just plain be stupid! I would personally like them to remove sucky battle and bring back Sky Whirl! I mean since 3 of 4 new rides have been custom why couldn't they bring it back if they bought the blue print or paid Intamin? We desperately need a crowd eating family ride. Anyone else notice that since we've lost Orbit, Trailblazer, Splashwater Falls, Great America Raceway, Space Shuttle America, King Chaos, and Jesters that everyone is basically concentrated? and everything seems more crowded? I think these rides were superb additions because they pulled people off the midways and distracted from some other rides Even Theater Royale could hold a bevy of people thus freeing some lines and adding breathing room.

Can they remake Sky Whirl or did they completely cease production of triple wheels? I would LOVE to have that ride back (and Haybaler too)
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on September 3rd, 2018, 1:06 pm
Viper 88 wrote:We do not need to remove any more theaters that would just plain be stupid! I would personally like them to remove sucky battle and bring back Sky Whirl! I mean since 3 of 4 new rides have been custom why couldn't they bring it back if they bought the blue print or paid Intamin? We desperately need a crowd eating family ride. Anyone else notice that since we've lost Orbit, Trailblazer, Splashwater Falls, Great America Raceway, Space Shuttle America, King Chaos, and Jesters that everyone is basically concentrated? and everything seems more crowded? I think these rides were superb additions because they pulled people off the midways and distracted from some other rides Even Theater Royale could hold a bevy of people thus freeing some lines and adding breathing room.

There's a pretty big difference between a custom LAYOUT of an existing ride and a building a whole different custom RIDE that hasn't been built in decades...
anewman35

Postby UnclePennybags on September 3rd, 2018, 1:34 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Viper 88 wrote:I would personally like them to remove sucky battle and bring back Sky Whirl!

Can they remake Sky Whirl or did they completely cease production of triple wheels? I would LOVE to have that ride back (and Haybaler too)

I was thinking this same thing yesterday. Sky Whirl was a great family ride.
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 3rd, 2018, 2:37 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY-cphFgC78
Maxx Force’s launch will look something like what is featured in the video. If the rest of the ride is as good as the launch, people’s minds will be blown. Note: The language in the video is not English.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet the entire ride will be extremely forceful! That launch will be incredible. I still wish we had more renderings of the area and what it will look like. Unless the park doesn't even know themselves.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 3rd, 2018, 2:55 pm
Apparently Maxx Force is already broken....

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Roller-coaster-rolls-to-coasting-halt-in-rollout-492285761.html

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 3rd, 2018, 3:01 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Apparently Maxx Force is already broken....

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Roller-coaster-rolls-to-coasting-halt-in-rollout-492285761.html

Those S&S Air Launchers are so unreliable >:(

XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on September 3rd, 2018, 3:26 pm

:lol:
JackGlass

Postby ilrider on September 3rd, 2018, 3:30 pm
I wrote to the station. That is ridiculous fake news.
ilrider

Postby AirTimeDaz on September 3rd, 2018, 4:35 pm

should've gotten a B&M :lol:
AirTimeDaz

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum