Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Tell Six Flags what shows you want to see for 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on September 1st, 2018, 12:41 am
What show, or parade do you want to see for 2019?

The only show I've seen for 2018 was the hypnotist show that was in the Wilderness Theater around July 4th. I think it would be great if they had the hypnotist lady in the Grand Music Hall during the summer.

Another show I would LOVE to see is the one at Six Flags Fiesta Texas called Totally Rockville, but bring it to Great America.

The acrobat show was also really good in the Grand Music Hall that they had for years. Was actually the last time I've been in the Grand Music Hall.

I would actually love to see the Glow in the Park parade again, but I wish they would do it differently. Let's say the park closes at 9pm. Have the parade at 9:10 pm instead. The thing I did not like about the Glow in the Park parade is that they would shut down all these rides maybe 1 hour before the parade. That's not good to shut down all these rides early. I still enjoy that song from today. It's just when you close rides, you make people mad. That was the only thing wrong with it. I'm sure people didn't like Raging Bull and Viper closing early either when they had fireworks going on, this year. That's a dumb move - at the end of the night.

*And the Mooseburger Lodge show area stinks. They don't have enough seats for whatever show you want to see. They should either expand that entire building to put a LOT more seats for that show, or they should just shut down the food part of that place, and only make it a show venue.

Really, this all goes way back, for me that Six Flags failed by getting rid of Theater Royale instead of getting rid of the Pictorium BEFORE. Now, since you have no Theater Royale, you have to rely on a terrible show venue like the Mooseburger Lodge. They also have the secluded Wilderness Theater in which probably 95% of the people don't even realize that venue exists because it's tucked away in back of Logger's Run. Should've, could've, would've, they could've even put the Dark Knight back there instead of the Theater Royale with a big large sign - Dark Knight. Too late now.
________

For Christmas time (in 2018), I would love to see The Majesty of Christmas (from Six Flags St. Louis), and also the Tinseltones (from Six Flags Fiesta Texas).
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on September 7th, 2018, 2:17 am, edited 12 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2018, 8:47 am
I actually don't think it would be that difficult to change the Dark Knight line and make Theatre Royale a theater again, if that's what they wanted to do. There's actually been talk here of them doing ok, I can remember if they were actually rumors or just ideas, but clearly it's never happened.
anewman35

Postby CoasterDave316 on September 1st, 2018, 11:15 am
The entertainment in the past decade at Great America has really went downhill, and now with most the venue's being gone I doubt it will ever be as good as it was in the past.

Some of my favorite shows I have seen at the park that I would like see return are:
- There was a Vegas Style magic show in Theatre Royal and Grand Music Hall that was pretty good. I believe the magician was Rick Thomas and he has shows in Branson now, but I am not 100% sure.

- The Chinese Acrobats always put on a good show, would be nice to see a show like that return.

- Espana Extreme was in Southwest Territory for a few years and was a really good circus and stunt show. They had a bunch of different acts and the show was different every time you saw it. Would be nice if they could bring something like that back in Wilderness Theater. The past few years Kings Island has had a very similar show called something like Ultimate Stunt Show.

- Jug O Jugglers - they used to perform all over the park and were a great show.

There have been far to many song and dance type shows at the park the past few years, while some of them are decent most times they are pretty hard to watch and listen too. I personally enjoy watching the Magic, Acrobat and Stunt type shows as they are usually pretty amazing.

Usually whenever I watch those TV Talent shows, like Americas got talent. Most the time I had seen the act or a act just like it at Great America in the past when they used to focus more on entertainment.

I would really like to see them rework The Dark Knight's queue and turn Theatre Royale back into a show venue again. It's good to have indoor show venue's especially now that the park is going to be open into December for Holiday in the Park.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby RBullFan97 on September 1st, 2018, 11:35 am
^Yeah, ever since we lost Theatre Royal and Southwest Ampitheater stopped being used regularly, the shows at this park began to decline in quality, but they have taken a nosedive within the past few years.
Last edited by RBullFan97 on September 2nd, 2018, 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Carlo on September 1st, 2018, 3:12 pm
The parks shows really have gone downhill since they got the entertainment manager from Six Flags America. Most of the shows are just dance parties. It appears this new manger does not have a clue on what people like. It appears he likes rock music and dance parties. He is also the one who changed the park music to the rock music that plays thoughout the park.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Carlo
Carlo

Postby RBullFan97 on September 2nd, 2018, 6:52 am
^This too. It's no coincidence I think that the new entertainment guy came in during the 2015-16 off season and 2016 was the year they started playing the pop music.

I also can't begin to tell you about my disappointment with the Mardi Gras Festival. They promised us authentic floats from New Orleans but it was just the ones they've been using for years dressed up in Mardi Gras colors. Outside of that the only shows they had were Party Gras, which was interesting a couple years ago but is really getting stale now, and Voodoo Nights, which besides the name literally has nothing to do with Mardi Gras. I mean seriously, that's the best entertainment you could get? We live near Chicago, a rich hub of music and culture. You're telling me you couldn't find some jazz band to play some live New Orleans style music? Or maybe some street performers/talent acts like the kinds you'd see at the RenFair. Idk, but they need to put more effort into their shows. Rocklusions was pretty good, but other than that there's nothing really of note.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby darkknight on September 2nd, 2018, 12:58 pm
The music change did not come from him. That was a company thing. You are just assuming that based on timing. At least there are still shows in the theater and they put two in the grand for fright fest. With what they have to work with they are doing great. And the dance parties are all the Looney tunes performers doing that which is good for kids. Those are not the theater singers and dancers. Not meant to be a main show it's for the kids. I like the new shows they seem to be more attended than years before. No one was ever at the old shows. In all my years I have never seen the music hall this full for the shows since the new guy has been here. I want to see more animal shows and bring back the Batman stunt show. The theme music does need to come back at least in certain areas.
darkknight

Postby Viper 88 on September 3rd, 2018, 11:14 am
Ok 1 Don't really mind the pop/disco music...however not hearing the same song umpteen times in a day would be terrific now a days things are controlled by computers you can create an infinite playlist of songs, with a better mix for all!
2 add in the themed music but again rotate it so it doesn't get exhausting.
3 Get rid of TDK bring back Theater Royale and use the existing ride building for a flat!
4 Keep Susan Rosen far far away from Six Flags her show was only ok nice to sit down and get off your feet but nothing too entertaining.
5 I agree they should have had a walking jazz band or a jazz band in the gazebo playing New Orleans Jazz, or even on the Mardi Gras stage!
6 I completely disagree with getting rid of Mooseburger for a few reasons: 1 The park is severely dwindling on indoor dining options. 2 It is tucked away so its Quiet!! 3 It might not be the best in the park (hint don't spend money on Max Force spend the money on improving the park the RIGHT WAY!) but its airconditioned and heated!
Viper 88

Postby Carlo on September 3rd, 2018, 7:56 pm
Things I would like to see next year:

1. Bring the old music back in the park.

2. Create or bring back the old Parade with the Pre-show having bugs Bunny in it. It was fun for the entire family.

3. Only have one dance Party.

4. Need a show with Bugs Bunny it. Fun for kids. (Not a dance Party) Great location would be Mooseburger Lodge.

5. New show in Grand Music Hall. The show this year was OK but it was not very family Friendly. Needs to have less Music and more Magic if they do the same show next year.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby JT2002 on September 3rd, 2018, 8:15 pm
Carlo wrote:4. Need a show with Bugs Bunny it. Fun for kids. (Not a dance Party) Great location would be Mooseburger Lodge.

Yes, they need more shows with the looney tunes. They used to have a good amount of them, but not as of recent.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Coaster Justin on September 4th, 2018, 3:36 pm
A Lip Sync Battle like show in Grand Music Hall (Winner gets a Front of Line pass to a ride)
A Looney Tunes show in Snowshoe Saloon
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 5th, 2018, 5:19 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Ok 1 Don't really mind the pop/disco music...however not hearing the same song umpteen times in a day would be terrific now a days things are controlled by computers you can create an infinite playlist of songs, with a better mix for all!
2 add in the themed music but again rotate it so it doesn't get exhausting.
3 Get rid of TDK bring back Theater Royale and use the existing ride building for a flat!
4 Keep Susan Rosen far far away from Six Flags her show was only ok nice to sit down and get off your feet but nothing too entertaining.
5 I agree they should have had a walking jazz band or a jazz band in the gazebo playing New Orleans Jazz, or even on the Mardi Gras stage!
6 I completely disagree with getting rid of Mooseburger for a few reasons: 1 The park is severely dwindling on indoor dining options. 2 It is tucked away so its Quiet!! 3 It might not be the best in the park (hint don't spend money on Max Force spend the money on improving the park the RIGHT WAY!) but its airconditioned and heated!

I've said it before on here and it bears repeating: I don't understand all the hatred towards Dark Knight! It fills several niches: roller coaster, family friendly, indoor, dark ride. Plus it's theming is second only to Batman! As for shows, I don't mind the dance party thing in Mardi Gras as long as it doesn't slow down my walking through that area. Also, I'm old enough to remember the 3D movies at Pictorium. Those were actually pretty cool! I realize many on here have never seen them though.

Parade: I think an end of night parade is a cool thing! They've done it a couple of times this year I believe.
As for music, please get rid of the pop music that's repeated constantly! This is Chicago, so why no play some classics from the band Chicago, eh?? Like "Saturday in the Park" and "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is" for example!! Include Sinatra, jazz, classic Motown and maybe some 80's arena rock (ie Journey) in other areas.

Keep the eagle sound and the whirling sound in Southwest. That is awesome, especially when you're on the Giant Drop!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum