Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 31st, 2018, 4:02 pm
I just realized this will be one of the tallest coasters at our park!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on August 31st, 2018, 4:54 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I just realized this will be one of the tallest coasters at our park!

Hell yeah! I miss the days when me and my friends used to drive up to the park and see Shock Wave towering over the parking lot! That thing was so damn intimidating and looked great! Hopefully more tall coasters like Maxx Force and Goliath are in Great Americas future! I would love it if Great America got Vekoma to make a modern day version of Shock Wave but taller, smoother and better than the original! I hear nothing but great reviews about Lech Coaster and it seems Vekoma has really turned things around!
JackGlass

Postby UnclePennybags on August 31st, 2018, 5:25 pm
Leading up to yesterday, there's been plenty of discussion in this forum about how much Six Flags would invest in a new attraction at Great America. Does anyone have an idea of how much a ride like Maxx would cost? Money-wise, did we meet or beat expectations?
UnclePennybags

Postby JackGlass on August 31st, 2018, 5:37 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:Leading up to yesterday, there's been plenty of discussion in this forum about how much Six Flags would invest in a new attraction at Great America. Does anyone have an idea of how much a ride like Maxx would cost? Money-wise, did we meet or beat expectations?

If I had to guess maybe around $10-$12 Million. A Premier Skyrocket 2 is $6 Million. So this one is probably a little bit more expensive.
JackGlass

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 31st, 2018, 5:44 pm
I’m anxious to see if the site has changed at all this week since the park has been closed. I’m sure tons of advertising has been added about next years addition. Hopefully a POV on the LED screen on the train bridge? Is that too much to ask? Hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on August 31st, 2018, 5:47 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:I’m anxious to see if the site has changed at all this week since the park has been closed. I’m sure tons of advertising has been added about next years addition. Hopefully a POV on the LED screen on the train bridge? Is that too much to ask? Hahahah

Hopefully they'll set the webcam up again like they did with Riptide bay, X-Flight and Goliath :-)
JackGlass

Postby Dural on August 31st, 2018, 5:48 pm
Love this view from above, didn't look like a cobra roll in any other shot I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Dural

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 31st, 2018, 6:10 pm
Where's that picture from??
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Dural on August 31st, 2018, 7:09 pm
A planet coaster recreation.

https://youtu.be/QW8xlArCRLA

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Dural

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 31st, 2018, 8:06 pm
This could be a stupid question, but could Whizzer be closed at times for construction on the ride? I believe it's the second low to the ground turn is very close to the launch. (At least it looks like it)

Or they could just make a fence lol
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on August 31st, 2018, 8:18 pm
I put some crude values into a g-force calculator and it looks Maxx Force will have around a 2g launch. TTD is around 1.37g on the launch.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 31st, 2018, 8:40 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:I put some crude values into a g-force calculator and it looks Maxx Force will have around a 2g launch. TTD is around 1.37g on the launch.

That's insane! So glad we are getting Maxx Force!!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Mean Streaker on August 31st, 2018, 8:43 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:It looks like the station building holds 2 trains at once. Kind of like how TTD and Maverick's station works, except the train in front is loading while the train in back is unloading. It's actually is the exact same way some Disney coasters work as well as Flight of Fear and Backlot Stunt Coaster.

Did this make any sense? :lol:

What you are saying makes sense, but I don't like it. I don't think a 12 person ride needs 2 stations, and especially an unloading station. I think it should have only 1 station, run 3 trains, but have a long pre-staging area after the train is loading, it would sit until it goes. If your park can't load 12 people in 30 seconds, your park has HUGE problems. I seen Batman the Ride load (32 people) in 1 minute a bunch of times.

Some might say well, what about Top Thrill? They have 2 stations plus an unloading station. Those trains are bigger (being 20 people), and the unloading station is still a waste of money in my opinion. They are also spending a TON of money on operations (having 2 stations & unloading) by doing so. Disney also spends TONS of money having unloading, and multiple stations for their coasters. I personally like the Kingda Ka & Mr. Freeze style stations instead of 1 train in back of the other. That is a more efficient way of doing 2 stations, but again I don't think ride needs more than 1 station, just run-off track instead.

A lot of times, Six Flags will have 2 separate stations with Tatsu, Kingda Ka, Superman Ultimate Flight, etc at other parks, but they aren't always running both sides because it's all about costing too much money.

I don't think the unloading people are a problem as these parks think. The real problem is that they don't make the gate to leave LARGE enough to let the people leave faster. Raging Bull has a very, very HORRIBLE / HORRENDOUS exit area. The turnstyle slows it down so much, and you are just stuck in that area waiting to leave forever. The exit area (GATE) just needs to be WIDER / BIGGER. It's not that complicated, and they should do away with the turnstyle exit. A LARGER opening exit gate is your answer to unloading efficiency. You also make the ramp coming from the exit area wider such as Vertical Velocity (at first) which Raging Bull fails at again.

I really, really like the LOADING area (big enough) for Raging Bull, but the EXITING / UNLOADING area is really, really bad (horrible) for that ride.

The last time I went on Raging Bull the station became so congested with exiting riders that the train was loaded and ready to go before everyone was even out of the station.

To make matters worse all of the entering riders were pushing and shoving to put their bags in the bins further adding to the congestion.

Hopefully Maxx Force's station is nothing like Raging Bull's horrible bottleneck.
Mean Streaker

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 31st, 2018, 9:06 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:This could be a stupid question, but could Whizzer be closed at times for construction on the ride? I believe it's the second low to the ground turn is very close to the launch. (At least it looks like it)

It would not shock me one bit if they only run until November 11th, and than shut it down for Christmas time.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 31st, 2018, 10:23 pm
After rewatching a video of Hypersonic XLC, Maxx Force should be absolutely amazing!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SaveTheWAVE on August 31st, 2018, 10:32 pm
^ Agreed! I don’t think people quite understand just how intense Maxx Force is going to be.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby RBullFan97 on August 31st, 2018, 11:10 pm
Maxx Force is really going to catch people by surprise with the intensity.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby UnclePennybags on August 31st, 2018, 11:20 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:This could be a stupid question, but could Whizzer be closed at times for construction on the ride? I believe it's the second low to the ground turn is very close to the launch. (At least it looks like it

It looks like some of the support beams for Maxx's big loop will come down within Whizzer's layout. I'd think that if they want Whizzer running next spring, the footings for these beams would have to be one of the first things they get done this winter.

I'd think grading for Maxx's launch track will also be a priority. As you mentioned, it could impact Whizzer's operation, but it must be done early if they want Scenic Railway running before next summer.
UnclePennybags

Postby coasterfanatic on August 31st, 2018, 11:46 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:This could be a stupid question, but could Whizzer be closed at times for construction on the ride? I believe it's the second low to the ground turn is very close to the launch. (At least it looks like it)

It would not shock me one bit if they only run until November 11th, and than shut it down for Christmas time.

Whizzer wont run for HITP! It does not do well in bad weather and typically goes down for even the littlest bit of rain. It may have problems during Last Call depending on weather too.

Train is apparently already closed. Obviously, layout of that is changing a bit.

Other big question is will the train ever actually go by when the Force is goin through g-roll? It rarely does when Whizzer crosses the tracks and it could pose safety problems if theres falling objects
coasterfanatic

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 1st, 2018, 12:26 am
coasterfanatic wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:

Whizzer wont run for HITP! It does not do well in bad weather and typically goes down for even the littlest bit of rain. It may have problems during Last Call depending on weather too.

Train is apparently already closed. Obviously, layout of that is changing a bit.

Other big question is will the train ever actually go by when the Force is goin through g-roll? It rarely does when Whizzer crosses the tracks and it could pose safety problems if theres falling objects

Huh?

Whizzer doesn’t cross the tracks.....

And if falling objects isn’t a concern from raging bulls 1st turnaround on the train and pathways to viper and water park what’s the difference with this?

B&MGuy35

Postby UnclePennybags on September 1st, 2018, 12:35 am
coasterfanatic wrote:Train is apparently already closed. Obviously, layout of that is changing a bit.

I wonder if they'll use this opportunity to improve the Scenic Railway grading over by Viper. In the past, I've seen Jiggidy videos where the train fails to climb the incline from Southwest Territory to Hometown Square Station. I seem to remember that this was always in early spring on rainy days.
UnclePennybags

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 1st, 2018, 9:18 am

Can we stop all this speculation on why Eagle isn’t in renderings when I can clearly see it in this still shot the media has been using.

I don’t think it’s placed in the correct location and that’s why you can’t see it in the video in some shots.

B&MGuy35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2018, 9:27 am
^ I don't think anyone here was making a big deal about it. Also, I'm glad the ride isn't red and black. Grey and White looks really nice and compliments the red trains. Also, 175th post XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on September 1st, 2018, 9:51 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ I don't think anyone here was making a big deal about it. Also, I'm glad the ride isn't red and black. Grey and White looks really nice and compliments the red trains. Also, 175th post XD

Yes! Thankfully that red and black rumor from the reddit post was wrong! Most of that article was wrong, it did get a few things right but not much.
JackGlass

Postby RBullFan97 on September 1st, 2018, 10:02 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Image

Can we stop all this speculation on why Eagle isn’t in renderings when I can clearly see it in this still shot the media has been using.

I don’t think it’s placed in the correct location and that’s why you can’t see it in the video in some shots.

Yes. And since they've frequently mentioned this will be the park's 17th coaster (really 16th), and there's no way you can reach that number without American Eagle.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum