Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

What rides would you like to see get removed and why

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby benneluke on August 8th, 2018, 8:44 am
1: Go-Karts for sure. They're loud, stinky, and replaced a great kids area. If they took them out, it's a nice plot of land for a large ride.
2: Buccaneer Battle. Most of the effects are broken, and its overall a pretty boring ride. Although I do think the park would need another water ride if it left.
3:Supermen. Kind of selfish, but I really don't get any thrills from that ride other than the inverted loop.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby CoasterNick3157 on August 8th, 2018, 11:24 am
Buccanear Battle : Bring back Deja Vu.
CoasterNick3157

Postby MrsTaxi on August 8th, 2018, 1:41 pm
Rides I'd like removed:

1. Go carts: Hate the fumes and noise
2 Bucky Battle: Lame ride and I hate being sprayed in the back with cold water
3. DEMON: Painful and past it's prime (might change my mind if they get new trains and fix the waterfall)
4. Yankee/ Logger's: Pains me to say it, but that is a large plot of land :cry:
MrsTaxi

Postby IssaCoaster on August 8th, 2018, 2:29 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:Rides I'd like removed:

1. Go carts: Hate the fumes and noise
2 Bucky Battle: Lame ride and I hate being sprayed in the back with cold water
3. DEMON: Painful and past it's prime (might change my mind if they get new trains and fix the waterfall)
4. Yankee/ Logger's: Pains me to say it, but that is a large plot of land :cry:

The Demon is rusting like crazy right now. They haven't been painting like they should been. That ride is the next to get axed. And Bucky Battle is leaving soon too without a doubt. They just need to find a good replacement for it when it leaves.
IssaCoaster

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 12:21 am
^ They did just put some work into the queue though, and bringing back the demon laugh thing... it has gotten more attention than other rides in the past two-three years.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby JaminOut on August 10th, 2018, 12:46 am
^^It is also not “rusting like crazy”... don’t be saying such ludicrous things. Maybe there is *some* rust on the track or supports, but guess what? Batman and Superman have some rust on the too. No big deal.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Jackluver18 on August 10th, 2018, 10:56 am
V2, Buccaneer Battle, Go Karts and Dare Devil Dive all need to go.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby gottastrata33 on August 10th, 2018, 8:56 pm
River rocker & DDD deserve better additions in their plots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 11th, 2018, 4:10 pm
In this order:
1. Demon - So many kids bash their heads. Park is in denial. People love the low height requirement. The kids that are smaller go on it, and bash their heads. So, by having a low height requirement, it's not helping those kids bash their heads.

2. Buccaneer Battle - People don't like it. Park is in denial, and they probably think we just bought this piece of garbage ride, and we can't get rid of. Even Dollywood, got rid of theirs.

3. Hangover (dui the ride) - 3rd worst flat or water ride for me, and that's pretty bad knowing how many flats or water rides I have been on. And so what, if it's brand new for 2018. It's still junk TO ME. It's not even a hit in it's first year. That is not a good sign for this ride.

4. Giant Drop - The trend for drop rides is over. People are bored with this ride by now. People are bored with all of them. On top of that, it takes up so much space for it.

5. Fiddler's Fling - Boring & past it's prime.

6. Chubasco - The cars are too heavy to spin unless you get a lot of people in a car to help with the spinning. I shouldn't be out of breath spinning a tea cup. St. Nick's Village has such a wonderful tea cup ride (called Snowballs). I don't have this problem over there. I really enjoy that ride. Chubasco: no thank you anymore. An indoor Chance Freestyle would be good in this spot instead.

7. American Eagle - The problem with me mentioning this ride is that they would probably put something in worse than this ride. I don't care about RMC this and that, and that would probably make American Eagle worse, for me than what it is. The ride is just around. It's not a historical nothing for ME. It's not a great ride in my opinion. I have ridden so many wonderful PTC wooden coasters that I absolutely love, and this ride is just around. If it goes, it goes. If it stays, it stays. It does take up so much space though for something better, and it doesn't even have to be another roller coaster. If I was in charge of Six Flags, i would demolish the thing, and put in Scream! from Magic Mountain instead, and than add probably 3 or 4 flat rides around that because it is so much space. That would be kind of selfish though for this park to get Scream! from Magic Mountain because Six Flags St. Louis deserves it more than the stupid garbage Boss ride (in my opinion).

8. The Lobster - It's just pretty boring to me. Orbit was a much better ride.

9. Go Carts- They aren't included so I don't ride them. If they were included I would ride them. So, to me they are a waste of space.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on September 3rd, 2018, 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Viper 88 on August 16th, 2018, 9:24 am
LEAVE FIDDLER'S DEMON AND CHUBASCO ALONE!
Those are 3 of my favs!!
That being said Bucky you gotta go son! I was damn winded trying to fire those awful guns! V2 your days are numbered I mean the holding brake hasn't worked in what over 10 years?
Mack in the box You were a boring replacement for RC! Joker was pussified and spins were removed so why bother? Hangover ok it has a nice light package, but thats it it aint a coaster! Goliath as much flack as I'll get I don't care something launched could go here. GO karts buh bye we didn't need those gas fume spitting noise machines moved in the first place! Remove them and put in some flats Waltzer, Tilt-A-Whirl?
Viper 88

Postby jmanporty7 on August 16th, 2018, 10:41 am
Buccaneer Battle -- we all know why

Camp Cartoon -- Convert it to Bugs Bunny Boomtown

Demon -- either remove it or Blue Hawk treatment (just new trains, no name change or new color scheme)

Little Dipper -- I understand the whole nostalgia about this ride, but it doesn't have the same charm at SFGAm as it would at a smaller park like Santa's Village or Bay Beach.

Go-Karts -- Personally I don't understand why you would pay for admission to the park and then pay another $20 for the go-karts, when you can just go ride go-karts elsewhere for much cheaper. This and Little Dipper can open up a nice plot of land for future developments. Maybe even combine BB's spot too to make an even bigger plot of land.

Dark Knight -- We have this, Batman, Joker, and JL:BFM...all rides both Batman and Joker are associated with. For the sake of my sanity, I want DKC gone. Replace it with a ride themed to Wonder Woman (Family/thrill coaster, Giant Discovery, Star Flyer, etc.)

JL:BFM -- I'm already seeing the Six Flags affect, broken effects everywhere. And it's just not a good ride, nothing like Disney or Universal dark rides. I want whatever SFFT is getting with "Pirates of the Deep Sea" instead.
jmanporty7

Postby Goku1910 on August 20th, 2018, 9:05 am
jmanporty7 wrote:Buccaneer Battle -- we all know why

Camp Cartoon -- Convert it to Bugs Bunny Boomtown

Demon -- either remove it or Blue Hawk treatment (just new trains, no name change or new color scheme)

Little Dipper -- I understand the whole nostalgia about this ride, but it doesn't have the same charm at SFGAm as it would at a smaller park like Santa's Village or Bay Beach.

Go-Karts -- Personally I don't understand why you would pay for admission to the park and then pay another $20 for the go-karts, when you can just go ride go-karts elsewhere for much cheaper. This and Little Dipper can open up a nice plot of land for future developments. Maybe even combine BB's spot too to make an even bigger plot of land.

Dark Knight -- We have this, Batman, Joker, and JL:BFM...all rides both Batman and Joker are associated with. For the sake of my sanity, I want DKC gone. Replace it with a ride themed to Wonder Woman (Family/thrill coaster, Giant Discovery, Star Flyer, etc.)

JL:BFM -- I'm already seeing the Six Flags affect, broken effects everywhere. And it's just not a good ride, nothing like Disney or Universal dark rides. I want whatever SFFT is getting with "Pirates of the Deep Sea" instead.

Buccaneer Battle alone could fit a Raptor, that land is bigger than it appears.

I would love to see a Bugs Bunny Boom Town retheme but I think this would be better suited for Kidzopolis. If they removed that unused cafe and stage and made the tent the centerpiece with rides around it I think it would look great. I could see the removal of the pirate ship and replace it with a playground like SFStL has. Since the removal of Wiggles these rides are in desperate need of updating. Camp Cartoon needs help, but so does Kidz.

Demon with new trains wouldn't make the experience any better. Just kill it off already.

Little Dipper, I agree with you but I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. It was simply placed in the wrong spot.

Go Karts make money so that's not going anywhere either. But again, I feel like this was placed in the wrong spot, especially since we lost what was probably the best themed kids area we had.

Dark Knight and JLBFM, when the effects work these aren't particularly bad rides even if they're no where near Disney's level. This is why Cedar Fair stopped trying to mimic Disney's crap because they know they can't compete in that area. Part of me wishes SF would do the same and abandon that trend.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 20th, 2018, 10:11 am
Yeah, Six Flags is no Disney and they shouldn't even attempt to be like it. That was already tried under Mark Shapiro and it failed miserably.

In a recent interview Jim Reid Anderson put it blunty.... "Let's be honest, we're a thrill park"

Six Flags has a really good strategy and knows its base. The only thing I would do different is temporarily increase Capex from $135 Million to $200 Million a year. Spend more on improving the parks infrastructure and cosmetics and ditch this "Every park gets something new Every year" strategy. No need for price increases, growth alone would take care of that additional $65 Million spent on Capex.

Let Disney take care of the families, let Six Flags take care of the good folks at SFGAMWORLD :lol:
JackGlass

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 20th, 2018, 2:52 pm
Editting the list as of 8/20/2018

If I had my way, the rides would come down in this order
1. JOKER - yes I'm serious. What a huge waste of $$ !! Six Flags totally got clowned out of its money with this one!
2. V2 - this ride is completely useless and just puts huge drain on the power grid. The only good thing about this ride is a quick credit if the line is short, but it can go down at any time!

3. Little Dipper - terrible capacity and design. Since there are no airgates or rows, everyone must wait piled up outside the gate. Plus the measuring ruler is super far from the ride and lastly the stupid ride stops before the station and sits there for seemingly 5 minutes. Put this thing out of its misery already. Who cares that it's 60+ years old anyways?

4. Big Un-Easy Balloons - this ride is terribly inefficient: first, the ride doesn't stop at the end of the cycle but kind of coasts to a stop; Also, the operator must come around and manually open each balloon. A short line is very deceiving and the wait time can actually be 30-45 minutes for this thing.

5. Hometown Junk Machine - poor capacity, takes way too long to load/unload and Fiddler's is much more intense; basically the same style of ride.
Take it down NOW since Pictorium is gone

6. Buccaneer Battle
7. Go Karts (loud, annoying, fumes, etc)
8. Rue Le Dodge - past its prime
9. Dare Devil Dive - I agree about pay rides
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on September 5th, 2018, 4:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 20th, 2018, 3:34 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
4. Hometown Fun Machine - poor capacity, and Fiddler's is much more intense; basically the same style of ride.
Take it down NOW since Pictorium is gone

I actually agree with you on this one. I can see them moving Hometown Fun Machine to Sky Trail's spot, and moving the County Fair sign farther back. This could be what the latest teaser meant when 175 yards was found to possibly be where this spot is.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 20th, 2018, 11:51 pm
Hometown and Fiddlers are very alike, and fiddlers is better, but I feel hometown still serves a purpose. I understand the thought but I would like to keep both of them.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Mean Streaker on August 21st, 2018, 8:34 am
Joker is the ugliest, most ill-placed, ride in the park! There were so many places it could've fit without disrupting the whole area. And on top of all that it's boring and underwhelming. I would love to see it removed in the next 5 years.
Mean Streaker

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 22nd, 2018, 12:53 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:Joker is the ugliest, most ill-placed, ride in the park! There were so many places it could've fit without disrupting the whole area. And on top of all that it's boring and underwhelming. I would love to see it removed in the next 5 years.

YES!!!!!!!!!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2018, 8:49 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:Joker is the ugliest, most ill-placed, ride in the park! There were so many places it could've fit without disrupting the whole area. And on top of all that it's boring and underwhelming. I would love to see it removed in the next 5 years.

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Ugly? I think its one of the best looking rides in the park. I don't think it's placement is too bad.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 25th, 2018, 11:26 am
This is the OPPOSITE of this topic, but I don't want to make a new topic.

ONE is the loneliest number (from a song), and it's NOT good right now IF Six Flags only owns 1 of a certain ride.

For instance,
*Triple Play is worrisome. Six Flags now only has ONE Huss Troika (Triple Play) in their parks. They
technically own another one, but they have not put it back up. If you do like Triple Play, and you do worry about it going away, at least you have another one in Illinois at St. Nicholas Village, plus Cedar Fair has done the opposite of Six Flags, and put 5 million Huss Troikas in there parks. So you just need to visit a Cedar Fair park, or go to East Dundee, IL. The closest Cedar Fair park could be World's of Fun, Cedar Point, or Kings Island that each have a Huss Troika.

*Ricochet is the only Huss Swing Around at a Six Flags park.

*Sky Trek Tower - I believe this is the only sky cabin ride at Six Flags park. The good news though is that Intamin (the company that makes it) is still around & still sells these types of rides, but it's never good to be a ONE in the Six Flags corporation.

*Fiddler's Fling - I don't like it. I don't care if they get rid of it. However, if you are someone that likes this ride, ride it now. Don't wait until 5 years, and it's gone because it's the only Calypso Six Flags owns.

*The Lobster (which I don't really like), there are 2 of them at a Six Flags. The other one is in Six Flags Mexico called a different name. Still, it is a Shrawtzkof ride, and they are long gone. It being at Six Flags Mexico, doesn't really help it's case because Six Flags Mexico also has a double Chance Inverter, and not many American parks have a Chance Inverter whatsoever. When you don't have a lot of roller coasters, you rely on the smaller rides more, I guess. I suspect the next death of the Lobster = removal of the park. It already had a couple deaths more recently, and pretty soon, the park will get fed up with it, and removal. Because of multiple deaths already, I would put this ride in SEVERE danger. And yes, they moved it elsewhere, etc, etc, but things change if the thing dies again.

*Condor has a LITTLE better odds with 3 of them - at Great Escape & La Ronde plus at least Huss Rides is still in business.

_________

Of course, with the recent getting rid of all the Enterprises, and soon the demise of all Huss Top Spins, this reminds me to mention this.

I will give a positive statistic right now. Scramblers are NOT a one. Six Flags Over Georgia is just one of the Six Flags parks that was dumb to get rid of theirs, but there are a lot of Scramblers, plus Eli Bridge Company is still in business, and an American company. The only reason I mention America is because an American company is easier to get parts than a foreign company. It takes longer if you get a part from Germany as compared to the US.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 26th, 2018, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Mean Streaker on August 26th, 2018, 2:26 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Ugly? I think its one of the best looking rides in the park. I don't think it's placement is too bad.

The ride itself doesn't look too bad in the skyline. But everything on the ground doesn't fit my taste. The queue is a boring, bland piece of concrete, there is no landscaping anywhere around the ride, and even though there was some potential for awesome but cheap theming they decided to give it the worst in the park. The surrounding area just reeks of little effort, more so than what I usually expect from Six Flags.

I had a bad taste in my mouth from the horrible wait I endured on my first ride. I liked it a little more after reriding it. It's an okay addition to the park, but I don't think it will be a staple for very long.
Mean Streaker

Postby RBullFan97 on August 26th, 2018, 5:32 pm
^I actually agree a lot of what you're saying. First of all, let me just preface that I actually like the Joker and think it's a fun addition to the park. But yes, the ride just reeks of modern Six Flags with almost zero-effort in landscaping/theming. I remember when I first saw the station, my reaction was "that's pathetic," plus there's the very sterile, concrete feel of the area. When you compare the theming/look of Joker to its next door neighbor Batman, it's night and day.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 26th, 2018, 11:28 pm
^The lines for the Joker are terrible. Who welds almost every line together like that? I'm not calling for it's removal, but that is just STUPID as can be. That's why you have chains all over the rest of the park. By doing that, they are asking for trouble with everyone go under all the lines to get to the real line. I've seen it like that. It's mass chaos. Than, the employees get mad at the people. Well, who designed it so horribly like that? You think the park would learn something as simple as that after 40 years, but NOPE!
Ilovthevu'

Postby MrsTaxi on August 27th, 2018, 12:49 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:^The lines for the Joker are terrible. Who welds almost every line together like that? I'm not calling for it's removal, but that is just STUPID as can be. That's why you have chains all over the rest of the park. By doing that, they are asking for trouble with everyone go under all the lines to get to the real line. I've seen it like that. It's mass chaos. Than, the employees get mad at the people. Well, who designed it so horribly like that? You think the park would learn something as simple as that after 40 years, but NOPE!

:lol: I hate that,too.
MrsTaxi

Postby Mean Streaker on August 29th, 2018, 12:25 pm
I'm not as disappointed in Joker now as I was when I made the first post, so I'm not calling for its immediate removal by any means.

But I have to say, it's definitely not one of our strongest coasters. And for that reason I don't think it should stay longer than most of the other coasters.

The only coaster I could see being weaker is The Dark Knight, it's fun but hasn't aged well in terms of popularity.
Mean Streaker

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum