Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on August 11th, 2018, 2:07 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:
JackGlass wrote:I was just reading Screamscapes Saturday morning update. Looks like Iron Wolf (Apocalypse) Might become a floorless coaster soon. Screamscape also seems to think that the new addition at Great America could possible be an S&S launched.

I think that's a dumb decision IF they did that. The problem with the ride is right after the corkscrew. The harnesses were replaced, and they are like rocks. More and more people stopped riding it each year after they made the harnesses more like rocks, at Great America. The park took it out than. People still won't like the ride because a floorless coaster is still going to have hard harnesses. That's a waste of money. The only way to fix it is getting a harness style such as Banshee, or change the tiny bit of layout and they won't.

I liked Iron Wolfs old harnesses WAY better than those hard rock restraints! When Iron Wolf first came out it was really smooth because it had better restraints. I agree, they need to create a Banshee version restraint for standups!

These would probably do wonders for Batman too.
Attachments
LALwY6b.jpg
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 11th, 2018, 2:45 pm
An intertwining/dueling sky rocket 2 model with two twisted layouts would be pretty epic. Why haven’t they done that? Cmon Premier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 12th, 2018, 2:14 pm
What if we get a Mack Launch just like SFMM is possibly getting. Sure they might be cookie cutter rides but I don't think they will be if this happens. Still on board with the RMC T-Rex. What if not only the setting in the Waterpark is a red herring, what if the whole teasers are and they are trying to make us think it will be a launch coaster. I love fast launches. TTD is in my top 3 coasters so I would definitely not be disappointed if it is the fastest acceleration on a roller coaster.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby IssaCoaster on August 12th, 2018, 3:24 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:What if we get a Mack Launch just like SFMM is possibly getting. Sure they might be cookie cutter rides but I don't think they will be if this happens. Still on board with the RMC T-Rex. What if not only the setting in the Waterpark is a red herring, what if the whole teasers are and they are trying to make us think it will be a launch coaster. I love fast launches. TTD is in my top 3 coasters so I would definitely not be disappointed if it is the fastest acceleration on a roller coaster.

I think S&S would be the company to choose for the fastest acceleration on a launch coaster.
IssaCoaster

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 12th, 2018, 10:33 pm
I know so many are pointing to S&S. What about Takabisha which is a Euro Fighter 1000. It has a LSM launch.
https://rcdb.com/9795.htm

Except for Mystery Mine which has the indoor part, these Euro-Fighters don't seem that expensive compared to other companies.
This one with 2,198 feet was only about $6 million in 2004.
https://rcdb.com/2229.htm

Edit - Prices went up though as a much smaller Krater ride is listed at $10 million...
https://rcdb.com/4386.htm
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 12th, 2018, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby staticshadows on August 12th, 2018, 10:49 pm
A Takabisha clone with a slightly steeper drop is opening in New Jersey in March/April 2019 at American Dream Meadowlands. It is being marketed as a record breaking coaster. Not sure Six Flags will work with Gerstlauer on a new project after the New Texas Giant lawsuits.
staticshadows

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 13th, 2018, 8:51 am
Here's a suggestion I saw thrown out on another forum that seems like it would be a total Six Flags move and has me worried:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhQmgDkpUgI

I hope not.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby jmanporty7 on August 13th, 2018, 9:02 am
This is kind of a stretch, even for six flags. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on August 13th, 2018, 9:19 am
Muck Finnesota wrote:Here's a suggestion I saw thrown out on another forum that seems like it would be a total Six Flags move and has me worried:

I hope not.

It doesn't look that bad, but yeah.... definitly not great either, lol
JackGlass

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 13th, 2018, 10:25 am
The animation is very generous. The POV of an actual installation shows this thing crawling once it reaches any high point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiF8iCUPoPI
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby JackGlass on August 13th, 2018, 10:39 am
Muck Finnesota wrote:The animation is very generous. The POV of an actual installation shows this thing crawling once it reaches any high point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiF8iCUPoPI

I didn't know they actually built one. That looks absolutely horrible, lol.
JackGlass

Postby RBullFan97 on August 13th, 2018, 11:40 am
Yeah I'd rather have the water coaster.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby IssaCoaster on August 13th, 2018, 12:01 pm
I'm starting to think S&S is going to be the company Six Flags goes with for this coaster. They have worked with them before. It seems like they will do it again. Or work with both S&S and RMC with that dueling Mobius loop T-Rex concept.
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on August 13th, 2018, 12:15 pm
Have there been any new markers or developements on the land being cleared lately?
IssaCoaster

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 13th, 2018, 12:36 pm
^ ?
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby JT2002 on August 13th, 2018, 4:36 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote:Here's a suggestion I saw thrown out on another forum that seems like it would be a total Six Flags move and has me worried:

I hope not.

I don't know if they really need another family coaster, but if they did, I don't know why it would be placed next to the Whizzer. Also, wouldn't really be the most exciting thing to see right when you walk into the park. I really don't see any reason for six flags to get this either.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby ilrider on August 13th, 2018, 6:17 pm
^Capacity looks horrible on that ride. I doubt our park would bother with it.
ilrider

Postby IssaCoaster on August 13th, 2018, 6:21 pm
JT2002 wrote:

I hope not.

I don't know if they really need another family coaster, but if they did, I don't know why it would be placed next to the Whizzer. Also, wouldn't really be the most exciting thing to see right when you walk into the park. I really don't see any reason for six flags to get this either.

This rollercoaster looks like a 4 hour wait time
IssaCoaster

Postby ilrider on August 13th, 2018, 8:42 pm
Screamscape is onboard the S&S launch coaster train too: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... merica.htm
ilrider

Postby Coaster Critique on August 13th, 2018, 8:51 pm
ilrider wrote:Screamscape is onboard the S&S launch coaster train too: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... merica.htm

Screamscape has been correct about the parks last three additions so I'd say its highly likely we will get a launch coaster
Does anyone else miss the X-Flight Music?
#1 Steel - Intimidator 305
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 Hybrid - Steel Vengeance
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 13th, 2018, 10:37 pm
Trex or Raptor. I give up if it's not one of them. And Screampscape said we were getting a waterpark addition last year along with Larson FIREball / Ring of FIRE. The guy is just not always right. The guy doesn't even know stuff 3 days ahead sometimes. His official news is good, but his rumors are just those sometimes.

And it's funny... The stand up coffin ride (they do the teasers from) looked like it was closed today -lol. When I go to the waterpark anyway, that slide is probably the shortest wait in the entire waterpark.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 13th, 2018, 11:03 pm
The zoning board meeting this week got cancelled (I assume because there was nothing for them to discuss), so that should confirm that whatever the ride is, it's under 200 feet.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on August 13th, 2018, 11:05 pm
This is from the Magic Mountain board on Theme Park review, do with it what you will:

You guys can take this as you will but from what I have been told by friends who know people at S&S that they denied that SFMM is getting a coaster from S&S. The dude did say SFGAM is getting a S&S coaster focused on speed and not inversions. Take this as you will.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 14th, 2018, 12:29 am
anewman35 wrote:This is from the Magic Mountain board on Theme Park review, do with it what you will:

You guys can take this as you will but from what I have been told by friends who know people at S&S that they denied that SFMM is getting a coaster from S&S. The dude did say SFGAM is getting a S&S coaster focused on speed and not inversions. Take this as you will.

While I’d appreciate 100+ (duh) a focus on speed just needs to be anything over 73mph for GAm to get guests excited about it being the fastest in the park. Also - who is this & if it’s real, we should be excited. I just feel everyone took off so fast with the launch coaster ideas that it’s all were all thinking about. I’ve never ever wanted summer to end quicker than it does until our rumors start gettin buck wild cause I just NEED to know wtf were getting lol
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on August 14th, 2018, 12:56 am
https://youtu.be/TgaWXVIfTHM Would this be something that Six Flags would install at Great America? It seems to go with the SPF 1000 they are talking about.... sort of
IssaCoaster

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum