Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby staticshadows on August 10th, 2018, 1:11 pm
JackGlass wrote:I wasn't familiar with do-dodonpa until yesterday.... but my God. After watching the povs, something like that would be a solid addition to Great America!

It doesn't even have to reach that speed to be the fastest accelerating coaster in the Americas. I believe Kingda Ka currently has that record (0-128mph in 3.5s). An air launcher doing (0-83mph in 1.8s) would be accelerating at a quicker rate.

Has anyone noticed those drop slides have what Proslide calls the SkyBOX Launch system?
https://www.proslide.com/rides/skybox/
It’s all a blur as riders instantly accelerate to top speed though the near-vertical chute, never slowing as they loop, bump or plummet straight down.
staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on August 10th, 2018, 1:37 pm
I remember Hypersonic XLC at Kings Dominion. It wasn't even that long of a ride but it looked really fun, similar to Do-dodonpa.
JackGlass

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 10th, 2018, 2:47 pm
staticshadows wrote:
JackGlass wrote:I wasn't familiar with do-dodonpa until yesterday.... but my God. After watching the povs, something like that would be a solid addition to Great America!

It doesn't even have to reach that speed to be the fastest accelerating coaster in the Americas. I believe Kingda Ka currently has that record (0-128mph in 3.5s). An air launcher doing (0-83mph in 1.8s) would be accelerating at a quicker rate.

Has anyone noticed those drop slides have what Proslide calls the SkyBOX Launch system?
https://www.proslide.com/rides/skybox/
It’s all a blur as riders instantly accelerate to top speed though the near-vertical chute, never slowing as they loop, bump or plummet straight down.

It would be HILARIOUS if the park just puts in a regular Skywarp. All this for that. LOL LOL LOL Is that a coaster 2 years in a row. LOL

Ever thought about the upper part of the mountain for this ride, and the bottom portion (in 2020) for something waterpark?
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 10th, 2018, 3:38 pm
Muck Finnesota wrote:I was ready to wave the white flag on a water park expansion after both teasers, so far. Both times, the discussion on this site has given me hope that it won't be. Whew.

You believe over hyped speculation over what the park is giving you?
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 3:38 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I'm sorry I just have to do this. Everyone in the second teaser is looking for clues and asking questions but the real question is how the women didn't get wet :lol: .

This, this is the Six Flags quality I am talking about lol.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby JackGlass on August 10th, 2018, 3:45 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
Muck Finnesota wrote:I was ready to wave the white flag on a water park expansion after both teasers, so far. Both times, the discussion on this site has given me hope that it won't be. Whew.

You believe over hyped speculation over what the park is giving you?

It's not really overhyped speculation, people are basing this on the surveys, the trademarked names, surveyor marks stretching all the way back to Raging Bull, Prep work beginning back in April, the record spinning in the background, the subliminal racing theme of the videos, etc. Six Flags has a history of messing with people in teasers remember "The jokes on you" a few years back with Justice League when everyone thought it was a free spin?

The fist 2016 teaser showed American Eagle, and the additon had absolutely nothing to do with Eagle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ekIIrHOQCI
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on August 10th, 2018, 4:39 pm
But it was Justice League in 2016, right? The video was shot near the area it ended up being built. It's a hint, just a very, very subtle one. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 10th, 2018, 5:53 pm
And Dive Bomber is near Pictorium makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby JackGlass on August 10th, 2018, 5:58 pm
I'm still not convinced Magic Mountain is getting a Roller Coaster in 2019. There's a lot of hype surrounding a poorly translated video that could easily be mistaken for "Carolina" instead of "California" and we already know a Mack is on its way to Carowinds. 2019 might end up being Great Americas year and 2020 might be Magic Mountains 20th coaster.

Hopefully our next teaser gives us more insight.... Why can't it just be August 30th already? lol
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on August 10th, 2018, 6:17 pm
^Magic Mountain is also teasing a racing theme and a launch.
Here is a link to the five posters.
https://imgur.com/gallery/LgPG3Lh
staticshadows

Postby Goku1910 on August 10th, 2018, 6:18 pm
staticshadows wrote:^Magic Mountain is also teasing a racing theme and a launch.
That's what worries me, identical teaser themes usually indicates a cookie cutter addition.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on August 10th, 2018, 6:21 pm
staticshadows wrote:^Magic Mountain is also teasing a racing theme and a launch.

Awesome! Thank you!
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on August 10th, 2018, 6:51 pm
The two cleared pieces of land at Magic Mountain line up pretty well with our clearing and survey markings. I circled the clearings at Magic Mountain in red and then placed it on top of an image of Great America. Both images were at approximately the same scale.
staticshadows

Postby IssaCoaster on August 10th, 2018, 7:05 pm
staticshadows wrote:The two cleared pieces of land at Magic Mountain line up pretty well with our clearing and survey markings. I circled the clearings at Magic Mountain in red and then placed it on top of an image of Great America. Both images were at approximately the same scale.

So that rules out a Full Throttle like attraction. I'm aiming toward a cookie cutter T rex with a launch. But even that would be a good addition in my book. Better than joker. And if we do get the same thing as MM.... maybe it will be a good attraction. The some of rollercoasters there are world class.
IssaCoaster

Postby RBullFan97 on August 10th, 2018, 7:40 pm
Honestly it doesn't really matter much to me if it's cookie cutter. As long as it's a good ride I'll be happy. Plus, I'd say that similar campaign from SFMM increases our odds at a coaster. Maybe they'll get West Coast Racers and we'll get Maxx Force.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby ilrider on August 10th, 2018, 8:23 pm
Goku1910 wrote:They don't do just coasters. This was already explained so it can essentially be anything.

Well there is no evidence they have done any water rides, which is why I asked if ProSlide does their own construction. That was not explained anywhere. I believe they do, which would rule out a water coaster, because ProSlide are building the best ones around and built the one in Texas. This company deals only in steel from what I can see. It's a coaster. It's too big a space for anything else.
ilrider

Postby gottastrata33 on August 10th, 2018, 8:48 pm
Whoa to those MM posters. Those are almost blunt teasers. Exciting!! I love SFMM but back to us...

I understand about it not being too far fetched but I’m seriously worried to be following what so many of you are saying & be disappointed at the end of this month. I don’t look into the teasers as detailed as you do & then my coaster enthusiast heart starts racing. But In the end we get a Skywarp ending in heartbreak. Lol

I’m just very skeptical at this point. As I’ve said, I’d love to be wrong & amazed but I’m nervous at this point. If it had so much to do with racing, why not have AE in the teaser. One person on red, one on blue, record who comes in first blah blah ?? I hope you’re all laughing in my face & I’m in shock to be honest.
gottastrata33

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 10th, 2018, 11:35 pm
I would only be disappointed if the addition goes to HH. I wont spend time in there. Anything to the dry park and its a win for me :lol:
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on August 11th, 2018, 2:11 am
I love the waterpark & I’m not ashamed of that. I’m proud that we have it (not to mention the nearly complete collection from the proslide catalogue we have is impressive) & while I do agree we need more to the water park, I do not agree with expanding it into Great America AGAIN. The land we’re seeing would be incredible to have for a coaster & flat in the future to expand that area & bring life back into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 11th, 2018, 6:58 am
gottastrata33 wrote:I love the waterpark & I’m not ashamed of that. I’m proud that we have it (not to mention the nearly complete collection from the proslide catalogue we have is impressive) & while I do agree we need more to the water park, I do not agree with expanding it into Great America AGAIN. The land we’re seeing would be incredible to have for a coaster & flat in the future to expand that area & bring life back into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurricane Harbor is amazing! One of the best water parks out there as far as I'm concerned.

I really liked the Deluge water coaster at Kentucky Kingdom and I think something like that would be an awesome addition to our water park! I did a quick aerial comparison on Google maps of Deluge at Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags Great America. If we got an exact clone of the Deluge they would barely have to remove any parking spots because of it's narrow layout and it could easily go in the parking lot.

I hope that's what ends up happening for 2020! We gent a water coaster in the parking lot and we end up getting a roller coaster in Pictoriums plot in 2019.... I hope man, fingers crossed, lol
JackGlass

Postby Revi on August 11th, 2018, 8:43 am
Goku1910 wrote:
That's what worries me, identical teaser themes usually indicates a cookie cutter addition.

If it is a new design and they both get one... it may be a cookie cutter.. ATLEAST it is a new design.
Revi

Postby JackGlass on August 11th, 2018, 11:38 am
I was just reading Screamscapes Saturday morning update. Looks like Iron Wolf (Apocalypse) Might become a floorless coaster soon. Screamscape also seems to think that the new addition at Great America could possible be an S&S launched.
JackGlass

Postby Muck Finnesota on August 11th, 2018, 12:16 pm
JackGlass wrote:Screamscape also seems to think that the new addition at Great America could possible be an S&S launched.

As long as it's similar to the designs that have been popping up in China, and not like the one that some shitty boardwalk park in Jersey built.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby KruegerDad on August 11th, 2018, 1:10 pm
I will speculate that with SFMM also teasing a racing themed ride with the words "launch" and "2" in the teasers, that both parks could be getting launched coasters with 2 launches. Vekoma and Mack have made great strides with launched coasters in recent years. I personally would prefer one of these to an S&S.
KruegerDad

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 11th, 2018, 2:01 pm
JackGlass wrote:I was just reading Screamscapes Saturday morning update. Looks like Iron Wolf (Apocalypse) Might become a floorless coaster soon. Screamscape also seems to think that the new addition at Great America could possible be an S&S launched.

I think that's a dumb decision IF they did that. The problem with the ride is right after the corkscrew. The harnesses were replaced, and they are like rocks. More and more people stopped riding it each year after they made the harnesses more like rocks, at Great America. The park took it out than. People still won't like the ride because a floorless coaster is still going to have hard harnesses. That's a waste of money. The only way to fix it is getting a harness style such as Banshee, or change the tiny bit of layout and they won't.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum