Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby B&MGuy35 on July 18th, 2018, 4:31 pm
benneluke wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:I work in AV and I’m pretty sure the entire park is all connected and they’re able to send whatever they want to wherever they want.

Cool. I always thought ride music came from a source somewhere near/at the ride. I think that might be the case at Demon though.

Nah, I’m sure there is a building somewhere on the property designated for A/V equipment. Usually you have some sort of rack with all the components being in there and then it’s run through the park using cat6 cable. Their server is prolly something from Cisco and that allows you to send any signal anywhere. So basically depending on how their speakers are wired, if they have 12 different inputs then they could send the first input to the first speaker in the queue at X-Flight and the second to the second and so on. It’s actually very cool. Everything at my work is controlled through a iPad with the simple touch of a button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby benneluke on July 18th, 2018, 4:49 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Nah, I’m sure there is a building somewhere on the property designated for A/V equipment.

What I wouldn't do to get a tour of all the techie stuff around GAm. Those types of things are so interesting to me.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 18th, 2018, 5:44 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:What about the Superman various types of music in that line? They shut off all that music leading to the station. Only the station has the main Superman song over and over again.

They should bring all these back in the Superman line:
"Superman Movie Theme" - John Williams - This is the only one they play in the station.
"Batman Superman Adventures (1997)"
"The New Justice League Theme"
"Lois and Clark (1995)" -Lois and Clark theme
"The Flying Sequence" - John Williams
"The Planet Krypton" - London Symphony Orchestra

I always loved John Williams' music and never complained how they kept repeating it in Superman's station. To me roll it all you want since it's better than that annoying pop music in the midways.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby RollingCoasting on July 18th, 2018, 10:21 pm
https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/pho ... =3&theater

Is the park finally installing a refill station? :o
RollingCoasting

Postby Lizardgi on July 19th, 2018, 7:22 am
Bringing back themed music would be a huge step in the right direction. I try to fill out a park survey each time I receive one and I always leave constructive criticism and comments that I perceive as being realistic. I know me screaming for them to add a giga won't do anything, but I always comment on the terribly annoying music blasted around the park and ask them to tone it down and bring back the better themed music loops. Hopefully the park is listening and also realizing they need to start takings steps to make the park more family friendly.

Also, if true the soda refill station would be amazing. Just a few of these around the park would significantly help cut down lines elsewhere. It doesn't make sense for the park to pay an employee to do free refills all day when the guest can be getting their own and the same employee could be selling other items that actually turn a profit.
Lizardgi

Postby RBullFan97 on July 19th, 2018, 10:07 am
Lizardgi wrote:Bringing back themed music would be a huge step in the right direction. I try to fill out a park survey each time I receive one and I always leave constructive criticism and comments that I perceive as being realistic. I know me screaming for them to add a giga won't do anything, but I always comment on the terribly annoying music blasted around the park and ask them to tone it down and bring back the better themed music loops. Hopefully the park is listening and also realizing they need to start takings steps to make the park more family friendly.

Yes I say this in the surveys too. I suggest if any of you want to see the old music come back just keep hammering it home in every survey you take (in a polite and constructive manner of course), so hopefully they'll get the message.

And yes, a refill station would be a welcome addition.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 19th, 2018, 4:10 pm
If only they would add refill stations with Coke Freestyles (sigh). Although any refill station would be amazing. Instead of waiting in an hour food line just for a refill.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Eagle04 on July 19th, 2018, 7:58 pm
Another aspect with the themed music is today more than ever people are more diverse in music tastes. There is no Ed Sullivan, MTV and common place that allows any single music to define a generation, let alone the multiple generations that a theme park attracts.

Themed music should be that middle ground that bothers or offends no one while still creating the atmosphere they are looking for.
Eagle04

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 20th, 2018, 2:13 pm
I totally agree with the positive comments about bringing back the themed music! Not only is it better than the pop stuff, but it's definitely more family friendly.

And maybe another effect is that riff-raff that don't like it won't come into the park?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 20th, 2018, 3:26 pm
^ So most of the people that go to SFGAM. Fine by me :).
_FuryBull_330_

Postby TEDDSTER on July 21st, 2018, 8:09 pm
Did they stop saying "take five" before the "all clear" this year? I went a few days ago and I did not hear a single "take five" like I did last year. Just curious
TEDDSTER

Postby RollingCoasting on July 21st, 2018, 8:16 pm
Yup. As of the 2017 season, they no longer say "Take Five"
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 21st, 2018, 8:30 pm
I noticed that too. While on X-Flight the operator just said, "Train secure." and then "All clear." and I was confused lol even though it isn't a big deal.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 22nd, 2018, 5:19 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Yup. As of the 2017 season, they no longer say "Take Five"

Wasn’t the Take 5 something with a corporate sponsor with the candy where they had to say it?

B&MGuy35

Postby coasterkidd100 on July 22nd, 2018, 7:09 pm
The "Take 5" was a safety thing that the rides department made up to make sure that ride attendants were checking final items before starting a ride or dispatching a train. The "Take 5" reminded ride attendants to check their gates, guests, restraints, ride areas, and safety zones before starting a ride. When I worked there we were forced to memorize these five items before being able to operate rides.
coasterkidd100

Postby Muck Finnesota on July 23rd, 2018, 8:49 am
Went to the park for the first time this year yesterday (7/22) and was glad to hear some of the old themed music playing, albeit only in select spots, as advertised (upthread). The majority of the park continues to blare obnoxious ADD f**kmusic at absurd volumes. How many times can one listen to "Cake by the Ocean" before the idea of eating a bullet begins to permeate one's thoughts? I learned yesterday that the answer to that question, for me, is once. I hope the employees that hear it on loop all day have a higher tolerance.
Last edited by Muck Finnesota on July 23rd, 2018, 9:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 23rd, 2018, 9:39 am
^ For serious! I echo the sentiments of many on this forum that the park music needs to come back, especially in Carousel Plaza. The next time I go there I want to hear a calliope in the front of the park. I will be going today for a birthday treat, I’ll let you all know if anything out of the ordinary is happening.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 23rd, 2018, 8:50 pm
Apologies for the double post, but you all need to read this. Two kids I was riding on Raging Bull with were throwing full, full size ketchup and mustard bottles off of the lift of Bull and during the ride cycle. The bottle of ketchup landed *feet* away from Giant Drop’s queue. I notified the ride ops when I got off of the ride. I gave a statement to security. Not cool at all.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby RollingCoasting on July 23rd, 2018, 9:07 pm
What is wrong with people :roll:
RollingCoasting

Postby coasterkidd100 on July 23rd, 2018, 10:07 pm
What is seriously wrong with kids in this world today? Why can't people just go to a theme park and enjoy themselves anymore? Someone always has to be doing something stupid for no reason.
coasterkidd100

Postby IssaCoaster on July 23rd, 2018, 11:08 pm
Can someone explain why Goliath is #10 on the Coaster buzz website?
IssaCoaster

Postby JaminOut on July 23rd, 2018, 11:41 pm
Was it the same kids that threw the slim jim at Roaring Rapids?
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 24th, 2018, 2:04 am
^ Im not sure, but I wonder if the kids that threw projectiles on Bull didn’t get inspiration from the ding dongs on YouTube.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby benneluke on July 24th, 2018, 8:49 am
How did they even get the bottles? I don't get how ANYONE could not see the danger of throwing heavy objects off a fast-moving vehicle. I really hope those idiots didnt get away...
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 24th, 2018, 9:05 am
coasterkidd100 wrote:What is seriously wrong with kids in this world today? Why can't people just go to a theme park and enjoy themselves anymore? Someone always has to be doing something stupid for no reason.

B&MGuy35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum