Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 rumors, thoughts, speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on July 8th, 2018, 5:39 am
The word confirmed does not belong in a speculation topic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on July 8th, 2018, 7:11 am
When it comes to the American Eagle and RMC. I would love to see it! It would be extremely expensive to use IBOX track on 9,000 + feet, so they would probably end up going with topper track.

The Great American Eagle would almost certainly be a GP magnet. Look what RMC did to Mean Streak. They took one of the worst wooden coasters in the world and turned it into one of the best Roller Coasters in the world.

Who ever thought Mean Streak would end up being one of the most popular rides at Cedar Point? lol
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 8th, 2018, 9:51 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:When it comes to the American Eagle and RMC. I would love to see it! It would be extremely expensive to use IBOX track on 9,000 + feet, so they would probably end up going with topper track.

The Great American Eagle would almost certainly be a GP magnet. Look what RMC did to Mean Streak. They took one of the worst wooden coasters in the world and turned it into one of the best Roller Coasters in the world.

Who ever thought Mean Streak would end up being one of the most popular rides at Cedar Point? lol

Honestly in my opinion I think we get a RMC conversion on Eagle in 3 years with that being the next major installment at our park. You gotta figure that Cedar Fair prolly has a clause in their contract with RMC stating they hold the world record for a min of 3 years.

Yes yes we all know Eagle would cost a fortune but it really is the only coaster in Six Flags arsenal that could compete with Steel Vengeance if that’s what they intend to do. I don’t think they would touch El Toro seeing how popular it is and well that’s technically a RMC anyways since they built it, right? They could easily steepen American Eagle’s lift hill slightly and add to the top to achieve the world record for height and speed not to mention to have it be dueling racing coaster hybrid. It would basically be like getting 2 coasters in one year budget wise but again with our proximity to Cedar Point it quite possible as we’ve always been competitor with them. And knowing Six Flags they’d go for silly records too like most RMC coasters in one park seeing we’re getting a Raptor or T-Rex this year! [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby jmanporty7 on July 8th, 2018, 1:23 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote: Yes yes we all know Eagle would cost a fortune but it really is the only coaster in Six Flags arsenal that could compete with Steel Vengeance if that’s what they intend to do.

Only coaster huh? The Boss at SFSL has probably the most potential out of any coaster in the world to compete with Steel Vengeance, if it were to be RMC'd.
jmanporty7

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 8th, 2018, 1:47 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote: Yes yes we all know Eagle would cost a fortune but it really is the only coaster in Six Flags arsenal that could compete with Steel Vengeance if that’s what they intend to do.

Only coaster huh? The Boss at SFSL has probably the most potential out of any coaster in the world to compete with Steel Vengeance, if it were to be RMC'd.

I honestly forgot about that coaster but my guess is still for Eagle and our park being that our park is the companies Premier Park in the chain (in my opinion) and if you don’t believe that then just look at everything we’ve gotten in the last 10 years compared to other parks.

B&MGuy35

Postby Wisco Woody on July 8th, 2018, 4:32 pm
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Eagle is not beating Steel Vengeance in height and speed if it gets the RMC conversion. Mean Streak already had a height of 161 ft and drop of almost 160 ft. AE only has a height of 127 ft and a drop of 147 ft which while insanely impressive for 1981 is nowhere near tall enough to be extended to the 200 ft drop of Steel Vengeance. Also topper track is quite more expensive than Ibox track since they have to prefabricate the wood and bolt it to the steel plates in a complicated pattern, so you'd definitely be looking at the Ibox track with results likely very similar to Twisted Colossus.
Wisco Woody

Postby Goku1910 on July 8th, 2018, 4:34 pm
A non racing double lift eagle would not be fun. Pass.

"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JaminOut on July 8th, 2018, 4:57 pm
At the park today. In terms of the survey markers near Whizzer, all of them are pink. I know there was discussion earlier whether they were red or pink.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 8th, 2018, 5:02 pm
JaminOut wrote:At the park today. In terms of the survey markers near Whizzer, all of them are pink. I know there was discussion earlier whether they were red or pink.

Pink are temporary markers used while surveying is being done. Usually replaced with whatever color they are doing the survey for at a later time. USUALLY
This is Six Flags so who knows...

B&MGuy35

Postby chicagoperson on July 8th, 2018, 7:30 pm
This is an awesome season in terms of speculation lol
1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Millennium Force 5. The Beast
chicagoperson

Postby IssaCoaster on July 8th, 2018, 11:48 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble, but Eagle is not beating Steel Vengeance in height and speed if it gets the RMC conversion. Mean Streak already had a height of 161 ft and drop of almost 160 ft. AE only has a height of 127 ft and a drop of 147 ft which while insanely impressive for 1981 is nowhere near tall enough to be extended to the 200 ft drop of Steel Vengeance. Also topper track is quite more expensive than Ibox track since they have to prefabricate the wood and bolt it to the steel plates in a complicated pattern, so you'd definitely be looking at the Ibox track with results likely very similar to Twisted Colossus.

I wouldn't say that you can't extend the height to 200ft. I would say that Six flags would never put in that much money to make the Eagle that good of a coaster. The Eagle definetly has the potential to be one of the best RMC conversions ever. It just needs money and time to do it, which are things Sixflags doesn't really seem interested in at the moment. Hopefully they prove me wrong. Btw... what is with this RMC speculation? I heard rumors that they were looking at the Eagle again and that they were at the construction spot.
IssaCoaster

Postby IssaCoaster on July 8th, 2018, 11:51 pm
Goku1910 wrote:The word confirmed does not belong in a speculation topic.

Lol. You're right. But I have a very good reason to why it won't be a water park addition
IssaCoaster

Postby Goku1910 on July 8th, 2018, 11:52 pm
You might be able to get above 200 feet if the drop was moved further back and one of the airtime Hills was removed.

This is a stretch though with the entrance that goes under it not to mention it's drop is slightly underground

Goku1910

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 9th, 2018, 12:44 am
It may be possible to get AE to 180 ft tall by increasing the lift angle to 45 degrees and perhaps starting the lift closer to the station by X amount of feet. The underground portion of Eagle could theoretically still be used, so 180 ft lift + 20 ft underground = hyper drop length.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 9th, 2018, 1:38 am
I don't get the Eagle talk. They are the ones painting the entire thing for, (someone said 5 years). If they didn't want to keep it, why waste all that money on painting that thing?
RMC - Ruining My Coasters - Georgia Cyclone / Iron Wolf / Colossus - What coaster will they ruin next for me???
Ilovthevu'

Postby Goku1910 on July 9th, 2018, 6:57 am
That doesn't rule out an RMC. If anything, it further supports it.

Goku1910

Postby IssaCoaster on July 9th, 2018, 7:05 am
SaveTheWAVE wrote:It may be possible to get AE to 180 ft tall by increasing the lift angle to 45 degrees and perhaps starting the lift closer to the station by X amount of feet. The underground portion of Eagle could theoretically still be used, so 180 ft lift + 20 ft underground = hyper drop length.

Yup. I also noticed that the first drop on the Eagle is drawn out and not nearly as steep as the RMCs. I wonder how they would tweak that
IssaCoaster

Postby jmanporty7 on July 9th, 2018, 9:22 am
I'm still hoping that a RMC T-rex is what is coming next year. It's only fitting for our park to get the first, looking at the history of firsts we have.
jmanporty7

Postby SFGAmFan12 on July 9th, 2018, 10:40 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:I don't get the Eagle talk. They are the ones painting the entire thing for, (someone said 5 years). If they didn't want to keep it, why waste all that money on painting that thing?

I know some suburban Chicago towns have ordinances on how a property must be kept in good repair...I remember, for example, before Huntley Outlet Mall was torn down the parking lot was in bad shape, light poles were rusting, and the building was dirty so the village issued fines and warnings to clean the place up. I’d be surprised if Gurnee doesn’t have something similar, and I’d be a little upset if I was the town with the way Eagle was looking from the road with the peeling paint and dirt.

TLDR: the park may be painting it to stay within code for now and not be fined if Gurnee has anything similar. I HIGHLY doubt it and it will most likely be around at its 50th birthday, but still.

As for what’s new...I’d like to see a Gerstlauer family style launch ride similar to Firechaser Express at Dollywood. This would give the park a new great family ride and a full circuit launch coaster. I do think it’s some sort of coaster and I hope to god it’s not of a water variant.

My thoughts:
-New Hurricane Harbor dedicated entrance and abandon current path (aligns with past rumors)
-Reroute Vipers queue closer to exit (this is pretty cheap to do in the grand scheme of things)
-We are left with a nice chunk of land to build on. The current paths can be removed since HH would enter through its own gate, the road isn’t needed for the Pictorium, Bull is tall enough to build under its turn, there is enough room for a steep turn near STT, and the train tracks intersecting can be built over or around. I think a good family coaster could fit there.
SFGAmFan12

Postby IssaCoaster on July 9th, 2018, 12:32 pm
SFGAmFan12 wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:I don't get the Eagle talk. They are the ones painting the entire thing for, (someone said 5 years). If they didn't want to keep it, why waste all that money on painting that thing?

I know some suburban Chicago towns have ordinances on how a property must be kept in good repair...I remember, for example, before Huntley Outlet Mall was torn down the parking lot was in bad shape, light poles were rusting, and the building was dirty so the village issued fines and warnings to clean the place up. I’d be surprised if Gurnee doesn’t have something similar, and I’d be a little upset if I was the town with the way Eagle was looking from the road with the peeling paint and dirt.

TLDR: the park may be painting it to stay within code for now and not be fined if Gurnee has anything similar. I HIGHLY doubt it and it will most likely be around at its 50th birthday, but still.

As for what’s new...I’d like to see a Gerstlauer family style launch ride similar to Firechaser Express at Dollywood. This would give the park a new great family ride and a full circuit launch coaster. I do think it’s some sort of coaster and I hope to god it’s not of a water variant.

My thoughts:
-New Hurricane Harbor dedicated entrance and abandon current path (aligns with past rumors)
-Reroute Vipers queue closer to exit (this is pretty cheap to do in the grand scheme of things)
-We are left with a nice chunk of land to build on. The current paths can be removed since HH would enter through its own gate, the road isn’t needed for the Pictorium, Bull is tall enough to build under its turn, there is enough room for a steep turn near STT, and the train tracks intersecting can be built over or around. I think a good family coaster could fit there.

This sounds good, but I think Six flags would dedicate this area to a rollercoaster or thrill ride. Our park is pretty well balanced between the kids and older crowd. The park has spaces for the younger crowd and I'm sure that those spaces are enough(camp cartoon needs to be redone though). It's hard to saw what we will get, but I think it is going to be a T rex. Down the road, I think Six flags will convert the American Eagle. Btw, did you guys get anything from the Six Flags surveys that can help us? I heard about two names: Maxx Force and West Coast Racer and that's it.
IssaCoaster

Postby Jacklw6499 on July 10th, 2018, 1:03 am
According to Hardo-Hards7865, RMC trucks and a track walk commenced recently on Eagle.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 5. Diamondback 4. Twisted Colossus 3. X2 2. Millennium Force 1. Maverick
Wood: 5. Goliath (SFGAM) 4. Hades 360 3. Mystic Timbers 2. Renegade 1. The Beast
Great America: 5. American Eagle 4. Batman: The Ride 3. Raging Bull 2. X-Flight 1. Goliath

Coaster Count: 104
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 10th, 2018, 1:52 am
Double Post

Last edited by B&MGuy35 on July 10th, 2018, 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
B&MGuy35

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 10th, 2018, 1:52 am
Jacklw6499 wrote:According to Hardo-Hards7865, RMC trucks and a track walk commenced recently on Eagle.

While I believe this, obviously this is not for 2018 or even 2019. Watch for 2021 to be the year Eagle will be rehabbed or Converted! 40th Anniversary of the coaster!!

Last edited by B&MGuy35 on July 10th, 2018, 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
B&MGuy35

Postby ilrider on July 10th, 2018, 2:21 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:
Jacklw6499 wrote:According to Hardo-Hards7865, RMC trucks and a track walk commenced recently on Eagle.

While I believe this, obviously this is not for 2018 or even 2019. Watch for 2021 to be the year Eagle will be rehabbed or Converted! 49th Anniversary of the coaster!!

I think you meant 40th, since Eagle opened in 1981 (probably just a typo). That would be cool!
ilrider

Postby ilrider on July 10th, 2018, 2:21 am
double post
Last edited by ilrider on July 10th, 2018, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ilrider

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum