SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2018
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Hours
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Sven18 on June 25th, 2018, 9:45 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:It would be interesting to see Six Flags test the Cedar Fair model at just one park (Preferably Great America) Get rid of almost all discounts and sales, and charge a flat rate for Season passes. Say, $100 for a Season pass and $180 for a season pass with parking.

There would obviously have to be a major attraction or a major beautification of the park in order to avoid sticker shock, but it would be interesting to see what happened.

Would it chase too many customers away and hurt them? Or would it benefit them and increase revenue?


The model could sort of be tested depending on how SF price season passes during the flash sale. The cheapest membership is a $100, so if they don't sell gold passes for $65 like last year, it will test the model. In fact, if they are really trying to convert people to memberships selling the passes for $35 less would be bad marketing. After getting flash sale gold passes for $63 and then $65 the last 2 years, any significant increase could cause sticker shock for some . SF however could make the same or more money on lower attendance, which would make it more enjoyable for patrons with shorter lines for rides, food, etc..Just drive up the per caps and they would be fine.
Sven18

 
Posts: 100
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on June 25th, 2018, 10:08 am
Sven18 wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:It would be interesting to see Six Flags test the Cedar Fair model at just one park (Preferably Great America) Get rid of almost all discounts and sales, and charge a flat rate for Season passes. Say, $100 for a Season pass and $180 for a season pass with parking.

There would obviously have to be a major attraction or a major beautification of the park in order to avoid sticker shock, but it would be interesting to see what happened.

Would it chase too many customers away and hurt them? Or would it benefit them and increase revenue?


The model could sort of be tested depending on how SF price season passes during the flash sale. The cheapest membership is a $100, so if they don't sell gold passes for $65 like last year, it will test the model. In fact, if they are really trying to convert people to memberships selling the passes for $35 less would be bad marketing. After getting flash sale gold passes for $63 and then $65 the last 2 years, any significant increase could cause sticker shock for some . SF however could make the same or more money on lower attendance, which would make it more enjoyable for patrons with shorter lines for rides, food, etc..Just drive up the per caps and they would be fine.


I like the direction they're going with these memberships. I wish they would create at least a $100 floor, making the cheapest membership the lowest they will go at any time during the season.

You and me would obviously pay more for better quality and operations. Can they convince the GP to do the same? It would be very interesting to see!
SFGAMNUT9302

User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 am
Location: Des Plaines

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 25th, 2018, 11:10 pm
^I don't think for the most part, the operations of rides are bad. The only flaw with RIDE operations is that they don't have 2 people for Rue Le Dodge, Lobster, or the Balloons & Sky Trek Tower closes during the middle of the day for no reason. Yes, sometimes you do see 1 lady employee out of the bunch that is very, very, very, very, very slow (cough Ricochet Monday June 25th, 2018 at 5:45pm); but otherwise I don't see it for the most part, bad ride operations. 1 more person for 3 rides is not a back breaker deal. The reason for Lobster is because it has a lot of cars / lap bar + seatbelts. Balloons have locks with keys + seatbelts, and Rue Le Dodge is a gigantic floor (One of the biggest bumper car floors out there).

And I don't think everyone giving them $40 more dollars is going to make them have 2 employees for those rides - 2 people for those rides is NOT a lot at all.
Ilovthevu'

 
Posts: 4143
Images: 34
Joined: June 4th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 27th, 2018, 2:13 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I don't think for the most part, the operations of rides are bad. The only flaw with RIDE operations is that they don't have 2 people for Rue Le Dodge, Lobster, or the Balloons & Sky Trek Tower closes during the middle of the day for no reason. Yes, sometimes you do see 1 lady employee out of the bunch that is very, very, very, very, very slow (cough Ricochet Monday June 25th, 2018 at 5:45pm); but otherwise I don't see it for the most part, bad ride operations. 1 more person for 3 rides is not a back breaker deal. The reason for Lobster is because it has a lot of cars / lap bar + seatbelts. Balloons have locks with keys + seatbelts, and Rue Le Dodge is a gigantic floor (One of the biggest bumper car floors out there).

And I don't think everyone giving them $40 more dollars is going to make them have 2 employees for those rides - 2 people for those rides is NOT a lot at all.

They can use the people who assign rows as another operator for Rue Le Dodge, Big Easy Balloons, and Lobster. Make operations faster and no assigned rows will make everyone happy, the GP and us enthusiasts.
1.) Goliath 2.) Mystic Timbers 3.) Diamondback 4.) Raging Bull 5.) Hades 360
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 47
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 1st, 2018, 2:28 pm
The park was not crowded at all today! Most coasters were a 1 cycle wait, most flat rides were walk-ons, and a lot of rides overall, you could ride over and over again. Last year, 4th Fest seemed crazy busy, but not this year. It could be because of the heat.
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 375
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 1st, 2018, 4:36 pm
Park was dead yesterday as well. I stayed in water park all day but I saw several cycles in Viper & Raging Bull with half empty trains. Water Park of course was packed but most everyone just seemed to leave after water park closed at 6. We stayed till around 8 and the park was surprisingly slow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

 
Posts: 398
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby ChicagoCoasters on July 3rd, 2018, 10:30 am
Saturday was dead. Waited less than ten minutes combined at JB's and Strutters. We rode Goliath 10 times in under an hour. We walked onto Justice League. Got re-rides on Goliath, Eagle, X-Flight, and Demon.
1.) Goliath 2.) Mystic Timbers 3.) Diamondback 4.) Raging Bull 5.) Hades 360
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

 
Posts: 47
Joined: December 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on July 4th, 2018, 11:58 am
Out of curiosity.... This sounds bat s*it crazy.... But would it be possible to convert Raging Bull into a Giga Coaster? Next year is the 20th anniversary, and if the first drop and turn around were removed, would it be possible to add an extra 100 feet to the lift hill and have that thing stretch all the way out to Sky Trek Tower?
SFGAMNUT9302

User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 am
Location: Des Plaines

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 4th, 2018, 12:55 pm
^ What, they can't do that. If so it has to go over Whizzer which might interfere. Yes it may be possible but I don't think that possible.
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 191
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on July 5th, 2018, 2:47 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ What, they can't do that. If so it has to go over Whizzer which might interfere. Yes it may be possible but I don't think that possible.


If possible, It would have to go through the trees by Whizzer in order to connect with the original track. But the first drop and turn around would be removed, and the new 300 + foot drop would be followed by several camel backs and turn around by the Sky Trek Tower.

I'm just thinking of that concept video that Six Flags posted regarding Superman at Magic Mountain. Six Flags LOVES big rides and claiming the tallest, fastest, etc. They just don't want to spend the cash building one from the ground up. lol

Just a thought!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q4gj0LrH84
SFGAMNUT9302

User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 am
Location: Des Plaines

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 5th, 2018, 10:20 am
^ They would never do that. Ever. I don't think any park would make a ride taller, unless its happened before that I don't know of.
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 375
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby FParker185 on July 5th, 2018, 11:33 pm
Basically every RMC conversion has added height (sometimes significant) to the original ride.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, El Toro, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Expedition GeForce, SFOG Goliath, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 181, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 661, Wood: 162, Total: 823
FParker185

User avatar
 
Posts: 4437
Joined: February 5th, 2004, 12:04 am
Location: Woodridge, Hour from SFGAm

Postby JaminOut on July 6th, 2018, 12:24 am
Though true, an extension to a B&M I feel may be a more costly transformation and may require reengineering to the existing ride itself.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

User avatar
 
Posts: 575
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 8:58 pm
Location: Germantown, WI

Postby CoasterDemon on July 6th, 2018, 3:41 pm
FParker185 wrote:Basically every RMC conversion has added height (sometimes significant) to the original ride.


Actually, Colossus and Riverside/SFNE Cyclone had a few feet removed from their height.
CoasterDemon

User avatar
 
Posts: 343
Joined: March 9th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on July 7th, 2018, 6:28 am
If it were possible and cost effective. A Giga Raging Bull would be one of the best, if not the best, Roller coaster in the world. Easily dominating Millenium Force and creating a huge buzz for Great America.

It's just speculation on my behalf, but you never know with Six Flags, lol
SFGAMNUT9302

User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 am
Location: Des Plaines

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 7th, 2018, 7:30 pm
The wait times for rides says that for the past 2 days (maybe), that the Lobster, and Triple Play are closed. This is unless no one is updating these rides.

https://queue-times.com/parks/38/queue_times
Ilovthevu'

 
Posts: 4143
Images: 34
Joined: June 4th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Postby JaminOut on July 8th, 2018, 2:29 pm
Contrary to queue time sites, both Lobster and Triple Play are operational.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

User avatar
 
Posts: 575
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 8:58 pm
Location: Germantown, WI

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 9th, 2018, 7:53 pm
Just got back from the Park. 10 minute waits for most coasters. Some were walk-ons. MGH was parked upside down for a couple hours earlier today, it eventually opened this afternoon.
SaveTheWAVE

 
Posts: 18
Joined: June 23rd, 2018, 11:10 pm

Postby benneluke on July 10th, 2018, 8:51 am
I was there as well. We got in around 6:20 and headed to MGH. One cycle and it went down. We waited thinking it would be a simple reset, but they parked it upside down and gave us skip the line passes.

I'm no mechanic, but it looked like there were issues with some electrical contacts not making a connection. Maintenance was under the ride spraying what looked like contact cleaner. It was back up after maybe another 15 minutes. It seems like they've been having a lot of issues with MGH. Every time Ive tried to ride, its gone down.
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

User avatar
 
Posts: 31
Joined: April 28th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RBullFan97 and 3 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.