Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on June 14th, 2018, 5:57 pm
Great news! I hope they replace that ugly asphalt with pavers in the near future! That would instantly make the park look 100 X better
SFGAMNUT9302

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby Viper 88 on June 15th, 2018, 9:00 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
Lizardgi wrote:Someone posted on a Facebook fan page that SFGAm removed the time restriction on the dining plans to help take pressure off of packed dining times, any truth to this?

That would be awesome if they did.

I think this was my post, I didn't say they did remove the time restrictions I said THEY SHOULD! It really would create a less hectic work environment not to mention dramatically lower the stress and accident potential of the job, plus alleviate bottle necks for simple things like soda or water refills Not to mention the plethora of time actually opened up for rides Just make it so if you wanted a meal at say 4 you get it then couldn't get another for 1 or 2 hours after that. Not to mention freeing up the snack times that eats a huge chunk out of time too. And I get the one snack thing fine, but if there was something else you wanted how about a discount of 20-30% on subsequent snacks. Not to mention self serve drink stations that scan a barcode on a cup or wristband for daily/seasonal glasses the regular small medium large drinks would not have this barcode it could be done with QR codes as those seem fairly easy to change.
Viper 88

Postby benneluke on June 15th, 2018, 9:12 am
Viper 88 wrote: I think this was my post...

Sidenote: The grammar on that page is horrific. Every time I read a new post, it seems to get worse. Really the only reason I stay part of it is to see pictures of the park...
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby JaminOut on June 15th, 2018, 11:52 pm
Major fights broke out tonight at Great America. 80-100 people involved. Coasters after Dark closed at 11:15, 45 minutes prior to posted time because they could not contain the disturbances.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on June 16th, 2018, 12:04 am
I saw a comment on one of the Facebook groups that someone overdosed at the park tonight. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on June 16th, 2018, 1:43 am
RollingCoasting wrote:I saw a comment on one of the Facebook groups that someone overdosed at the park tonight. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

There were not any ambulances present by 30 minutes after they closed the park for safety concern. That would lead me to believe that this statement is false.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Coaster Justin on June 16th, 2018, 2:20 am
I might offend someone but I really think Six Flags needs to re-evaluate their season passes/ pricing. Between an incident with season passholders at Coasters After Dark and an incident at Fright Fest, Something needs to be done fast.
731 Coasters in 31 States and 6 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.
On My Way to 750 in Europe in 2019!!!
Most Recent NEW Coaster: Fantastic Coaster Rowdy @ Hirakata Park (10/3/2018)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Future Plans: 2019 in Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany with CoasterCrew
Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterDemon on June 16th, 2018, 8:41 am
Coaster Justin wrote:I might offend someone but I really think Six Flags needs to re-evaluate their season passes/ pricing. Between an incident with season passholders at Coasters After Dark and an incident at Fright Fest, Something needs to be done fast.

I can't help but think Six Flags is very well aware that they attract/market to a very acting-out type crowd. It's not an easy thing to talk about, but I wish they would change their game plan. Raising the gate price would be a good start...
CoasterDemon

Postby cliffhanger on June 16th, 2018, 9:27 am
I knew something was going on last night. There was a group of teens huddled around the whack-a-mole in County Fair. I was actually looking for someone to tell them a fight might be starting. I figured the games worker called someone and when I came back, there was cops and security there. When I was leaving, another group was in front of Carousel Plaza gifts taunting each other and all 20 of them started sprinting to Orleans Place. By the time I was to my car, there were sirens from what I can only assume were backup coming in.

I agree with what other people are saying. Raise pass prices and filter out some of the troublemakers.
cliffhanger

Postby CoasterDemon on June 16th, 2018, 10:09 am
Making commercials that feature a more family atmosphere, non-coaster rides, etc., could help in the long-run. Six Flags as a whole has gone after the "quick market" with big/high thrill rides. It would be a perfect time to change the way they market and make commercials as the parks are all completely saturated with thrill coasters (a truth many coaster fans don't want to hear, sorry guys. What they already have is sufficient and awesome!). This is in addition to all the acting-out/babysitting issues. Someone could say it all better, but that's just my 2 cents.
CoasterDemon

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 16th, 2018, 12:00 pm
Sadly that's how you know most teens today are very impulsive. No offense to any teenagers on this forum because I'm a teen as well (well barely). What Six Flags needs is to be more family friendly and in my opinion need information about your behavior record at any school. If that happens we can leave the bad teens out and the good teens in with 4.0 gpa's.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby RollingCoasting on June 16th, 2018, 12:33 pm
Yeah, that isn't going to happen :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 16th, 2018, 1:47 pm
Hey it's just a wish :D.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby momlovescoasters on June 16th, 2018, 5:24 pm
Just went on Yelp and several people have already posted one star reviews who were at the park last night. I agree with the others in regards to raising ticket prices. Between the horrendous lines and kids/gangs it’s getting completely out of hand.
momlovescoasters

Postby RollingCoasting on June 16th, 2018, 6:56 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 16th, 2018, 7:50 pm
It could've been a nice dining area for Big Lou's when you don't want to eat in the scalding hot sun, but of course they need to make more money. Smh.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RBullFan97 on June 16th, 2018, 8:17 pm
^It looks like there's also going to be TV's.
After the events of last night, continuing to install a bunch of sports bars does not really help in trying to give the impression of a more "family friendly" park.
SFGAm Ride Count 2016: 217
SFGAm Ride Count 2017: 76
SFGAm Ride Count 2018 (So Far): 229
RBullFan97

Postby Coaster Justin on June 17th, 2018, 1:36 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:It could've been a nice dining area for Big Lou's when you don't want to eat in the scalding hot sun, but of course they need to make more money. Smh.

Bummer they couldn't have added a Coke Freestyle for us dry dudes
731 Coasters in 31 States and 6 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.
On My Way to 750 in Europe in 2019!!!
Most Recent NEW Coaster: Fantastic Coaster Rowdy @ Hirakata Park (10/3/2018)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Future Plans: 2019 in Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany with CoasterCrew
Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby MrsTaxi on June 17th, 2018, 8:37 pm
A fight broke out in the queue for Hangover and ride had to be E-stopped. :x Reported in comments by Alex.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634575566659899/
MrsTaxi

Postby RollingCoasting on June 17th, 2018, 8:51 pm
Oh FFS :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby RBullFan97 on June 17th, 2018, 10:38 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:A fight broke out in the queue for Hangover and ride had to be E-stopped. :x Reported in comments by Alex.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634575566659899/

I am pretty much at a loss for words at this point.
SFGAm Ride Count 2016: 217
SFGAm Ride Count 2017: 76
SFGAm Ride Count 2018 (So Far): 229
RBullFan97

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on June 17th, 2018, 10:48 pm
I was there when the fight broke out idk what security did tho

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby Mr.EveryDaySFGA on June 17th, 2018, 10:52 pm
The park has changed alot in a minor sense much needed changes occured and amasing also a black man and a whit man were involed one got nocked out and they both ran

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mr.EveryDaySFGA

Postby coasterjoy on June 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm
Screamscape posted a couple of links, including a video of just one of the many fights, and 25 minutes of audio from the police radio scanner from Friday night. I listened to the entire recording and it's pretty crazy...like 10 fights, vandalism to SW Territory, people running through the crowds shirtless pushing random guests...multiple agencies called for as much assistance as possible. I can't imagine being there that night based off the scanner audio, videos, news articles, and Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews from Friday night. I'm honestly nervous to be there past dark now. This is not a good look for SFGAM at all, and I think this will scare people, especially families, away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby coasterjoy on June 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm
Screamscape posted a couple of links, including a video of just one of the many fights, and 25 minutes of audio from the police radio scanner from Friday night. I listened to the entire recording and it's pretty crazy...like 10 fights, vandalism to SW Territory, people running through the crowds shirtless pushing random guests...multiple agencies called for as much assistance as possible. I can't imagine being there that night based off the scanner audio, videos, news articles, and Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews from Friday night. I'm honestly nervous to be there past dark now. This is not a good look for SFGAM at all, and I think this will scare people, especially families, away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum