Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Muck Finnesota on April 10th, 2018, 7:30 pm
It was a little unsettling at first to see a tweet from the park about "the 4-1-1 is coming", along with a picture of Batman The Ride- but if true, Holiday In The Park would certainly make for a fine announcement.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby momlovescoasters on April 10th, 2018, 8:07 pm
Maybe Batman backwards?
momlovescoasters

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 10th, 2018, 8:10 pm
I bet they just use random pictures tbh :lol: but namtaB sounds fun!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby anewman35 on April 10th, 2018, 8:38 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:The park map has been updated: https://static.sixflags.com/website/fil ... rk-map.pdf

Boulder Roller is gone, and all the rides have had their Hannah-Barbera IPs dropped, but have the same base name. Mystery Machine was completely renamed to "Crazy Bus".

Amusingly, if you look at the actual map, they didn't remove the picture of the Boulder Roller.

The HitP rumors seem believable, but wouldn't you think they'd have a HitP ad on the map if it was really happening? Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 10th, 2018, 9:02 pm
^ That is true! I'm now beginning to think it's Batman backwards.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Nightmare31sfgam on April 10th, 2018, 9:08 pm
Compared the 2018 park map to 2017, and here are the differences. Not sure if the the photo thing is new but it’s nit in the 2017 map.

-Carosel photos, might be the same photo spot, but moved? Carosel Plaza
-Big Lou’s in New Orleans
-Mardi Gras Hangover!! Mardi Gras
-Sprint Experience by v2 (prob temp)
-Wizard Shop in Yukon Territory
-Firehouse Snacks in Hometown Square
-Six Below in SW Territory

-Holiday in the Park!!!
Nightmare31sfgam

Postby n9yty on April 11th, 2018, 8:28 am
Viper 88 wrote:I agree I think the hours are bogus! I mean 9:00 in July during the week?!? What are we 7 year old Amish kids?

I also heard from that clip posted from some meeting that they are having a parade for Mardi Gras festival, sometime in the last weekend of July/First week of August, and he said that would be the ONLY PARADE for the season. So, no finale show/parade? I know, it wasn't for everyone, but we liked it. They are doing something different for the end-of-night activities, that is for sure. I got three kids plus myself, I can't justify/swing the Diamond Elite level passes if that is what it takes to get in for that last hour or so, if they do that, plus the fact that we had already bought gold passes for the year. :(
n9yty

Postby Eagle04 on April 11th, 2018, 11:22 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:According to Screamscape, Six Flags Great America is dropping Hanna Barbera and Camp Cartoon will be generic for this season. If I had to guess, I would expect a Bugs Bunny Boomtown re-theme for 2019... possibly an expansion? Who knows!

Has Great America ever dropped/lost a character license before? I remember walk around characters for Dexter's Laboratory and, I think, Johnny Bravo but I think they were stopped due to sinking popularity vs a loss of license(I think they fall under Hanna-Barbera).

Looney Tunes has been there since day one. I sincerely hope they hold onto the that license. Looney Tunes has been horribly managed by Warner Brothers over the last 15 years or so. It would feel very odd without them in the parks. I would hope that Six Flags would have learned by the Universal Parks/Marvel/Disney situation that IP can ebb and flow and not give it up.
Eagle04

Postby onyxhotel08 on April 11th, 2018, 11:29 am
Didn't they lose the license to Wiggles? Though it most likely had to due with the high fees they had to pay for the usage.

Even Papa John's....Cold Stone?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Eagle04 on April 11th, 2018, 12:00 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:Didn't they lose the license to Wiggles? Though it most likely had to due with the high fees they had to pay for the usage.

That's right! I thought there was something else. Toddler tv tends to be here today, gone tomorrow outside of Sesame Street. No real reason to hold onto that one.

I remember Six Flags announcing a chain wide deal to bring in Thomas the Train around 2009 but that fell apart before it was ever rolled out
Eagle04

Postby coasterfanatic on April 11th, 2018, 3:10 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:Pretty sure grad night has gone til 6 or 7am in years past, so it's been shortened this year.

That lines up with their shortened hours, since the weekdays in the summer are only 10:30-9pm now and not 10pm.

Not like I normally go in the middle of summer much anyways.

Park stated on Facebook that they will give us the 4-1-1 on all the updates, which I assume will be on 4/11

Lol wait - 4-1-1 means information. It doesn’t mean April 11th. They’re just basically stating they’ll keep you updated. ;D

They've been saying that since January

Looks like I was right. I mentioned that they were going to make some sort of announcement on April 11th, hence the significance of 4-1-1 in there posts and pictures, but you all shot me down.
coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on April 11th, 2018, 3:12 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Viper 88 wrote:I agree I think the hours are bogus! I mean 9:00 in July during the week?!? What are we 7 year old Amish kids?

Agreed! 9PM in the peak of summer?? Perhaps this was just a copy/paste error by whomever updated the hours??

It's definitely not a copy and paste error. It's company wide. No park is staying open til 10pm on summer weekdays.

I checked Magic Mountain, St. Louis and the other more busier parks. All close at 9pm. Six Flags got to save money somewhere....
coasterfanatic

Postby staticshadows on April 11th, 2018, 5:53 pm
I see the ride list on this site says Whizzer and Loggers Run are temporarily closed for painting. Are they completely repainting both rides or just part of them?
http://sfgamworld.com/rides/index.php
staticshadows

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 11th, 2018, 8:47 pm
^ They need to get Superman repainted the most! Not sure if it's temporary.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on April 11th, 2018, 9:14 pm
Eagle04 wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:According to Screamscape, Six Flags Great America is dropping Hanna Barbera and Camp Cartoon will be generic for this season. If I had to guess, I would expect a Bugs Bunny Boomtown re-theme for 2019... possibly an expansion? Who knows!

Has Great America ever dropped/lost a character license before? I remember walk around characters for Dexter's Laboratory and, I think, Johnny Bravo but I think they were stopped due to sinking popularity vs a loss of license(I think they fall under Hanna-Barbera).

Looney Tunes has been there since day one. I sincerely hope they hold onto the that license. Looney Tunes has been horribly managed by Warner Brothers over the last 15 years or so. It would feel very odd without them in the parks. I would hope that Six Flags would have learned by the Universal Parks/Marvel/Disney situation that IP can ebb and flow and not give it up.

Yes! Back in the day Camp Cartoon was Camp Cartoon Network! If I recall correctly, Premier had the licensing for Hanna Barbera, and when they purchased Six Flags back in 1998, that IP came along with it! When Mark Shapiro was CEO during the mid to late 2000's, they had alot of different IP's such as the Wiggles, Terminator, Thomas the tank engine, etc. But those were almost immediately canceled out after Al Weber and Jim Reid Anderson took over....... From the looks of it, they want Six Flags to be a strictly Warner Brothers themed chain. To be honest, I can't really blame them. We were the only park with a Hanna Barbera themed kids area and there was one dark ride at Fiesta Texas with the name Scooby Doo, so it seems like a waste of money purchasing that IP when it's barely used.
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Coaster Justin on April 12th, 2018, 1:28 am
Close, Six Flags had Looney Tunes, DC Comics, and Hanna-Barbara; Premier had Popeye
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 13th, 2018, 7:27 am
Well no matter what, I hope the new theme is something positive. I would really like to see a Looney Toons theme since they removed Bugs Bunny National Park.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby onyxhotel08 on April 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm
^ Me too! Can't get enough Looney! :D :lol:
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Coaster Justin on April 13th, 2018, 3:54 pm
There's a crazy rumor that Six Flags will replace their Looney tunes at all their parks with Teletubbies. I hope that isn't true.

Coaster Justin

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 13th, 2018, 5:49 pm
^ Where did you hear this? :lol: that would be a terrible replacement. I doubt that's true.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 13th, 2018, 6:11 pm
^^ My GP friends said the same thing :roll: . As for the reputation of Six Flags it would be worse and Coaster Studios would have more to make fun of Six Flags :lol: .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 13th, 2018, 8:06 pm
1) IPs are expensive, and Six Flags isn't willing to spend that kind of money quite yet.

2) While reputation is important, what people like Coaster Studios say won't really have an effect on the park. If anything, it would just make more enthusiasts notice the park more.

3) The Teletubbies went off the air in 2001, and have lost much of its prominence. It would be an absolute waste of an IP. If they were to theme the area to a kid cartoon, they'd probably choose Teen Titans or DC Superfriends.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on April 13th, 2018, 8:56 pm
^Sorry about the Coaster Studios thing. As of the Teletubbies situation, Six Flags would have gave an anouncment of some sort that would have confirmed it.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Coaster Justin on April 13th, 2018, 9:47 pm
Nevermind, the Dude deleted the post.

Coaster Justin

Postby great america fan on April 14th, 2018, 10:04 am
I'll be posting updates from advocate day today on my Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/sfgam_fan_1976/?hl=en
sorry I cant post directly here tapatalk doesn't want to work.
great america fan

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum