Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coaster Justin on January 23rd, 2018, 11:18 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:I hope we get Buzzsaw from Six Flags New England in the Trail Blazers old location. I actually miss Trail blazer, and this would be a nice replacement after so many years. If it's still in mechanically good shape.

How about we put it where the Go Karts are? Buzzsaw would work in Yukon Territory.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 24th, 2018, 6:41 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:I hope we get Buzzsaw from Six Flags New England in the Trail Blazers old location. I actually miss Trail blazer, and this would be a nice replacement after so many years. If it's still in mechanically good shape.

How about we put it where the Go Karts are? Buzzsaw would work in Yukon Territory.

We already have something like Buzzsaw. It is called Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine. Buzzsaw is the same thing just it doesn't has a roof, it is bigger, and it actually has a good name. Also, who else wants a RMC Raptor or T-Rex to take the spot of the Go-Karts and maybe Buccaneer Battle.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 24th, 2018, 7:53 pm
While I hate the go karts as much as the next guy, it makes the park money, so it's not going anywhere.

Bucky, on the other hand, is most definitely on the chopping block. Extremely short hours, little to no line, no theming updates/maintenance, and just an overall unpopular ride. Will we get a raptor there? I doubt it. Railblazer at CGA is going in the same spot, but has to stretch over Hometown Park if we put the maps over each other. In fact, I wouldn't expect anything to replace it for at least 2 seasons if they were to remove it.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 24th, 2018, 9:12 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:While I hate the go karts as much as the next guy, it makes the park money, so it's not going anywhere.

Bucky, on the other hand, is most definitely on the chopping block. Extremely short hours, little to no line, no theming updates/maintenance, and just an overall unpopular ride. Will we get a raptor there? I doubt it. Railblazer at CGA is going in the same spot, but has to stretch over Hometown Park if we put the maps over each other. In fact, I wouldn't expect anything to replace it for at least 2 seasons if they were to remove it.

I was thinking they would get a Raptor in 2020. After a waterpark expansion in 2019. Just because it is going in the same spot as RailBlazer doesn't mean it can't be added to that location. I'm pretty sure SFGAM wouldn't care if they put it in the same spot as long as it brings in money and the guests. You said the Go-Karts bring in money and I have to agree with that. It is annoying that it takes up space but, if you ride it, it is actually fun. Unless you get slammed by someone who is trying to cause trouble. Instead they should scrap the Go-Karts and put in a RMC Raptor and a Slingshot ride. That way they get a better ride (the Raptor) and a better upcharge attraction (the Slingshot).
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby American Eagle 1981 on February 2nd, 2018, 6:01 pm
What is the reason for some of your RMC Raptor Speculation? I think that's one of the worst fits possible for the park. Great America already struggles with crowds and capacity, a Raptor wouldn't add much to the park value wise, and the crowds would be absurd. A T-Rex would be a better fit but even that doesn't have a purpose in the park.
American Eagle 1981

Postby ChicagoCoasters on February 3rd, 2018, 12:16 pm
American Eagle 1981 wrote:What is the reason for some of your RMC Raptor Speculation? I think that's one of the worst fits possible for the park. Great America already struggles with crowds and capacity, a Raptor wouldn't add much to the park value wise, and the crowds would be absurd. A T-Rex would be a better fit but even that doesn't have a purpose in the park.

I said that a Raptor or a T-Rex could be a nice fit. Me personally, would want a T-Rex instead of a Raptor. I think Six Flags is going to be sending Raptor coasters throughout their parks if Wonder Woman GLC does good. A T-Rex would be way better capacity wise here at Great America. Why do you think a T-Rex wouldn't be a good addition at SFGAM? RailBlazer and Wonder Woman look amazing even though their capacity will suck. What I find funny is that in an interview with Jeffery Seibert (Six Flags Fiesta Texas's Park President) he said Wonder Woman would have a single rider line. Even though there are 8 rows with 1 person in each row.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Goku1910 on February 4th, 2018, 12:29 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:While I hate the go karts as much as the next guy, it makes the park money, so it's not going anywhere.

If SFGAm wanted to get really creative they could take Bucky and Demon down at the same time. I love the occasional classic torture of Demon every once in a while but even I know it's days are numbered.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby American Eagle 1981 on February 5th, 2018, 9:23 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:
American Eagle 1981 wrote:What is the reason for some of your RMC Raptor Speculation? I think that's one of the worst fits possible for the park. Great America already struggles with crowds and capacity, a Raptor wouldn't add much to the park value wise, and the crowds would be absurd. A T-Rex would be a better fit but even that doesn't have a purpose in the park.

I said that a Raptor or a T-Rex could be a nice fit. Me personally, would want a T-Rex instead of a Raptor. I think Six Flags is going to be sending Raptor coasters throughout their parks if Wonder Woman GLC does good. A T-Rex would be way better capacity wise here at Great America. Why do you think a T-Rex wouldn't be a good addition at SFGAM? RailBlazer and Wonder Woman look amazing even though their capacity will suck. What I find funny is that in an interview with Jeffery Seibert (Six Flags Fiesta Texas's Park President) he said Wonder Woman would have a single rider line. Even though there are 8 rows with 1 person in each row.

I suppose my main thinking behind that is the fact the a T-Rex wouldn’t fill a gap in the park. Other than it being a super cool, possibly first of its kind ride, of course. Our park is pretty decent with inverting coasters and RMC didn’t have a pleasant experience building Goliath in the cold Chicago weather. So there’s just a lot that makes me think it’s not a possibility right now. I’d love to have one though, that’d be phenomenal, but a good launch coaster would be higher priority for me.
American Eagle 1981

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 6th, 2018, 4:27 pm
Goku1910 wrote:

If SFGAm wanted to get really creative they could take Bucky and Demon down at the same time. I love the occasional classic torture of Demon every once in a while but even I know it's days are numbered.

Very interesting idea! I don't know if anyone thought of taking BOTH rides out at the same time for a very large ride.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on February 10th, 2018, 10:57 pm
If they wanted to lock their true coaster count with Cedar Point. They could put a Raptor where the Pictorium is, A Skyrocket 2 where Buccaneer Battle is, and a Sky Wrap where Trail Blazer was (RCDB counts skywraps as coasters) That would bring them up to 17
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Goku1910 on February 10th, 2018, 11:12 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:If they wanted to lock their true coaster count with Cedar Point. They could put a Raptor where the Pictorium is, A Skyrocket 2 where Buccaneer Battle is, and a Sky Wrap where Trail Blazer was (RCDB counts skywraps as coasters) That would bring them up to 17

No thanks on any of this. Gimmicks do not equal Coasters.
Goku1910

Postby anewman35 on February 11th, 2018, 11:10 am
I'd always be happy with some new rides, even "gimmicks", but trying to complete in number of coasters with Cedar Point really doesn't seem like a worthwhile goal, they'll always have resources we just don't.
anewman35

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on February 11th, 2018, 11:52 am
Just a thought! Sadly, it seems like Gimmicks and trick pony coasters are the new normal for Six Flags. I mean come on! This year we're going to have a Joker clone and a Giant Super Loop essentially having a face off with each other, lol :lol:
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby coasterfanatic on February 12th, 2018, 1:34 pm
Raptor makes better sense for parks with much less attendance than Great America, since the capacity sucks! I don't see Great America putting one of those in.

With the additions of Joker, Goliath and X-Flight, I don't think we see any BIG coasters added to the park for a while.

However, it terms of coasters, I would love to see a Maverick or a Full Throttle at our park. Maverick likely won't happen since it would be way to costly for Six Flags, but a Full Throttle type ride would not take up a lot of space and be relatively inexpensive. Plus, it's a launched coaster with a lower height restriction.

As much as I am still on the fence about this one, they could give Eagle the RMC treatment at somepoint. If they did something similar to Twisted Colossus, it would work. Plus they can brag that they are the first park with two RMC hybrid wooden coasters
coasterfanatic

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 17th, 2018, 1:47 pm
Didn't know if this belonged in here or the Mardi Gras Hangover subject, but i really hope that the skull jester included in the Hangover's art is somewhere near the ride, either in the queue or (what would be really cool) on top of the loop.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Coaster Justin on February 20th, 2018, 5:41 pm
May 26, 2015- Any chance we might get Solar Panels on Top of the Parking Lot?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14884&p=229851&hilit=solar+panels#p229851

July 16, 2014- Add Some Solar Panels
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83&p=226460&hilit=solar+panels#p226460

Galvan316- "All you have to do is re-read the title of this thread to understand why They are not going to invest the money on Solar/Wind panels and how "things have changed" according to you."
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10664&p=181557&hilit=solar+panels#p181557

Galvan, you owe me an apology
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... 006138/en/
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on February 21st, 2018, 3:48 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Didn't know if this belonged in here or the Mardi Gras Hangover subject, but i really hope that the skull jester included in the Hangover's art is somewhere near the ride, either in the queue or (what would be really cool) on top of the loop.

A statue of that skull, even all stone/gray would be kick ass with a fountain again. I would love for them to incorporate one again cause King Chaos’ fountain was nice. You can’t deny that. But seeing they took it out, there’s no way they will go through plumbing that area again.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on June 2nd, 2018, 5:45 pm
If Great America were to ever get a Giga Coaster (I hope RMC eventually makes a single rail Giga) This is where I would like to see it go!

Yeah Dark Knight would have to be relocated else where in the park or just shipped to Six Flags America. But the station would be where Dark Knight currently stands, and it would stretch from there, over the man made pond all the way to the entrance sign on Grand Ave before it would turn around.
Attachments
34118424_1213535585449934_1888656330193895424_n.jpg
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby maxwellt on June 6th, 2018, 5:30 pm
I've been preaching this for a while lol. Id love a giga here. It would look super pretty when driving into the park and seeing some massive coaster on the way in, and would have an awesome legnth. It would make up for the lack in raging bull! Id say relocate the dark Knight elsewhere in the park, maybe have it not enclosed and make it into a family coaster
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:If Great America were to ever get a Giga Coaster (I hope RMC eventually makes a single rail Giga) This is where I would like to see it go!

Yeah Dark Knight would have to be relocated else where in the park or just shipped to Six Flags America. But the station would be where Dark Knight currently stands, and it would stretch from there, over the man made pond all the way to the entrance sign on Grand Ave before it would turn around.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on June 6th, 2018, 6:57 pm
maxwellt wrote:I've been preaching this for a while lol. Id love a giga here. It would look super pretty when driving into the park and seeing some massive coaster on the way in, and would have an awesome legnth. It would make up for the lack in raging bull! Id say relocate the dark Knight elsewhere in the park, maybe have it not enclosed and make it into a family coaster
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:If Great America were to ever get a Giga Coaster (I hope RMC eventually makes a single rail Giga) This is where I would like to see it go!

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Amen to that! I was driving up to the park one day and I thought to myself "That would be bad ass having a coaster that comes all the way out to Grand Ave" Just imagine how photogenic something like that would be,
and how awesome the turn around would look right by the Great America entrance sign!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby JaminOut on June 7th, 2018, 12:06 am
As great as that would be, wouldn’t it be against village ordinance with the lovely neighbors being so close to the proposed attraction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 7th, 2018, 12:38 am
Whaddya mean? We already have a giga!

/s

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 7th, 2018, 9:57 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Whaddya mean? We already have a giga!

/s

It's not a coaster. But it's still a giga. We need a real giga from B&M or Intamin.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 7th, 2018, 10:21 am
^ It was a joke, lol
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Sven18 on June 7th, 2018, 11:12 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:If Great America were to ever get a Giga Coaster (I hope RMC eventually makes a single rail Giga) This is where I would like to see it go!.

There is no chance of a SF park getting a giga.
Sven18

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum