Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

How do you post pictures

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby tribar on September 5th, 2010, 9:32 pm
I was curious as what to put in these the image brackets. I don't have them on a website or anything so i can't the URL from there
tribar

Postby Galvan on September 5th, 2010, 9:47 pm
Depending on the picture that your looking to post there are a few ways to post pictures on to the site.

1. If you are posting a picture say from RCDB.COM, first youll need to right click on the picture to get the properties of the pic.

http://cache.rcdb.com/pictures/picmax/p28422.jpg

Now if you just copied and pasted that link into your address bar, you'd get only the picture you see.

But if you use [img]website%20info[/img] you'd get the picture onto the thread here.

Trying it out, make sure you put the link in between the brackets.

This is where the preview tab will come in handy, I always do a quick preview before I post, to make sure i didnt mistype or anything like that. And as you can see the picture is there! :)

Now, if you want to post a picture that YOU took, say it was an awesome picture you took of Raging Bull or you went to the park and want to do a Photo Trip Report, you will need to use a source like photobucket.com to host the picture first, and then be able to post the picture here.

Hopefully this helps, if you need more help feel free to message me via AIM, PM or FB.
Galvan

Postby tribar on September 6th, 2010, 12:41 pm
Thank you
tribar

Postby Galvan on September 7th, 2010, 9:49 am
No problem,

If you need help feel free to PM any of the moderators to assist you.
Galvan

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 10th, 2018, 4:09 pm
I know this is a very old thread, but I finally figured out (sort of) how to embed an image directly onto a posting! Using the img tags, and inserting the URL between them displays the photo!

Here's my first picture posting

My question is: how do you obtain the image location (ie. from RCDB.com) without the picture scrolling back or ahead ? When I right click or left click on an image there it scrolls to another picture and THEN I have option to "View Background Image" to get the correct URL to post. Or is there any easier way to post photos than doing it that way?

Thanks!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on January 10th, 2018, 6:22 pm
You could open the image in a new tab or screenshot/crop it and upload it
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 10th, 2018, 6:32 pm
RCDB changed the way they host pictures. Instead of having individual images on the site, they have all of the images combined as one to prevent people from stealing them. It sucks, but there's no way around it.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 11th, 2018, 2:44 pm
RC and Cam,
Thanks for your insight. I actually just went to RCDB and found out a way for this to work to get the desired photo:
1) Left Click on a photo to view (if you right click and "View Background Image" it brings up the grid of all photos mentioned by Cam)
2) Then right click and it advances (back or ahead) to another photo (displayed in browser)
3) Select "View Background Image" . After doing this it actually gives me the location of the FIRST (desired) photo!

So it IS working as one might expect -- it's just that advancing kind of throws you off.

RC - how do you upload a photo ?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on January 11th, 2018, 7:50 pm
Hit "upload attachment" in the bottom left corner (next to the list of options). Then, choose a file to upload from your computer
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 12th, 2018, 4:50 pm
Thanks RC!
It works perfectly! I think you might have told me about that "Upload Attachment" in the past and I forgot about that. I'm so used to copy/paste using Snag-It!
Attachments
2008 Honda VTX1300T - 1.JPG
My alternate means of transportation!

CoasterRiderSC

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum