Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Could Holiday In The Park come to SFGAm? JRA says "Maybe"

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Tardis1972 on January 6th, 2018, 11:11 am
^ That's a good point actually. So it's just a matter of what rides would be open?
Tardis1972

Postby jmanporty7 on January 6th, 2018, 11:47 am
In terms of what rides can operate at HITP, any ride with a roof over it should definitely be able to operate. So far that brings us Justice League, Dark Knight, Rue Le Dodge, Chubasco, and Columbia Carousel. All the kiddie rides could probably operate, possibly Spacely's Sprocket Rockets and Little Dipper too. Some other family rides maybe could operate as well.
jmanporty7

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 6th, 2018, 12:08 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:^ That's a good point actually. So it's just a matter of what rides would be open?

More than you think actually. Remember 2017 closing day it was in the 20s and the only rides not operating were the water rides, Scenic Railway, and Hometown Fun Machine. The day before it was snowing and there were still a lot of coasters and rides open like Goliath, SSR, Little Dipper, V2, Batman, Joker, Dark Knight, Demon, American Eagle, and Raging Bull. On closing day every coaster was open it wasn't snowing but it was colder out. Would they operate all the coaster for HITP, of course not. The coasters that will close will probably be Whizzer, Superman, Viper, and X-Flight. The coasters that wouldn't operate as much as the others that are open would be Raging Bull, Joker, Demon, and American Eagle (Just one side most likely :cry:). Carousel, Rue Le Dodge, Big Easy Balloons, Whirligig,
Worlds Largest Looper, Condor, Revolution, Scenic Railway, All Kidzopolis Rides, Justice League, All Hometown Park rides, Lobster, Triple Play, River Rocker, and Chubasco could all be open if the weather is nice. I don't think they would have all this rides open but that's just me.

Goku1910 wrote:^King's Island managed to pull off an interesting Winter Event with Ice Skating and shows. Lights and Decorations were a nice addition too.
People need to remember that holiday in the park isn't for rides in our case. Great America would have specific challenges to make the event interesting while taking most rides and attractions out of the equation.

Cedar Fair holiday events are based for the families. Six Flags holiday events are based for families and for thrills. Will SFGAm's HITP be anything like Kings Island's Winterfest? Most likely not but hopefully because they did a great job on that.

RollingCoasting wrote:Anyone else notice how last month the season flash pass page said "Skip the lines and cut your wait in half every time you visit the park until November 2018" and now it just says "Skip the lines and cut your wait in half every time you visit the park" :wink:

suspicious.png

Doesn't confirm anything, but it's still pretty interesting

I told you it was at default when you posted this earlier. Guess I was right. :wink:
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby coasterfanatic on January 8th, 2018, 3:26 am
I very highly doubt that Holiday in the Park is coming to our park next year.

If they were to decide to it, that sounds like something they would want to prompt as SOON as possible as it can further drive Season Pass sales.

My guess is that we get another year of Last Call Fall Fest which was a good concept that fell victim to bad weather.

I was impressed by how many rides were able to operate in cold snowy conditions but remember that rides also need to get maintenanced, so doing HITP changes maintenance schedules for these rides too. Theres a lot of details to fine tune. Hopefully one day, but I am hoping to maybe hit up a different Six Flags for HITP this year.
coasterfanatic

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 8th, 2018, 7:03 am
^ Most SF parks that have added HITP have announced it in late March or early April. I still would not hold my breath for HITP in 2018 though.
DejaVu2001

Postby CoasterNick3157 on January 8th, 2018, 9:45 pm
^ I guess you will find out this Saturday right
CoasterNick3157

Postby MrsTaxi on January 9th, 2018, 3:07 pm
CoasterNick3157 wrote:^ I guess you will find out this Saturday right

Maybe even at NO Coaster Con? 8)
MrsTaxi

Postby Coaster Justin on January 9th, 2018, 11:15 pm
And I'll try to do some FANswers there.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby ChicagoCoasters on January 10th, 2018, 9:06 pm
MrsTaxi wrote:
CoasterNick3157 wrote:^ I guess you will find out this Saturday right

Maybe even at NO Coaster Con? 8)

Hopefully! :D
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby MrsTaxi on January 13th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Posted by Jiggidy NDG on FaceBook:

SFGAm holiday announcement coming Feb. 13! Any ideas? I saw a quick video clip with a Christmas tree in the back.

:D :D :D
MrsTaxi

Postby Goku1910 on January 13th, 2018, 3:56 pm
okay...link to post? Do you know how to link to FB posts directly?

*Proof or it's crap.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby MrsTaxi on January 13th, 2018, 3:58 pm
MrsTaxi

Postby Goku1910 on January 13th, 2018, 4:00 pm
okay, so it's NCC, that explains it. Like i said before though. I wouldn't get too excited. A lot of rides will either not run or won't be able to....and it's not just weather.

That link goes to his page, this link goes to the post: https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/pos ... 9970352862
Last edited by Goku1910 on January 13th, 2018, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby MrsTaxi on January 13th, 2018, 4:01 pm
Goku1910 wrote:okay, so it's NCC, that explains it.

That link goes to his page, this link goes to the post: https://www.facebook.com/JiggidyNDG/pos ... 9970352862

Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was okay to post links to FB.
MrsTaxi

Postby DejaVu2001 on January 13th, 2018, 10:36 pm
Here is exactly what was said in the video

“Starting off, we have a huge holiday announcement coming up on Tuesday, February 13th so you’ve got to stay tuned. It’s going to blow you away. It’s gonna be great. It’s gonna be all kinds of news and we can’t wait to share it with you.”
DejaVu2001

Postby Wisco Woody on January 14th, 2018, 1:04 pm
It sounds like the crazy bastards are actually going to try it. If they advertise and theme well enough, especially during Fright Fest, I have no doubt the crowds will come. But beyond the 5 indoor rides and a couple shows in the GMH and Pictorium, I have no idea what else they could reliably run to satisfy that crowd if next mid to late December is as cold this past holiday season was. Perhaps they could invest in large heated tarps for the flats and maybe even turn WLLC/HF, into a covered superloop dark ride.
Wisco Woody

Postby anewman35 on January 14th, 2018, 2:29 pm
I've never been to a Holiday in the Park, but from what I can tell they mostly focus the marketing on all the special holiday things and not so much on the rides (some examples: https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/spec ... n-the-park and https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure ... n-the-park). So it doesn't seem all that crazy that they could pull it off. And if you look at the Great Adventure ride list, you get an idea of some of the stuff they could probably run. If it gets as cold as it sometimes does, there is nothing they're going to be able to do (and a lot of the parks had some closed days because of it), but on a nicer day I think they could be ok.

Even Santa's Village was open this year until Christmas, so if they can do it I would think Great America could pull something together (as long as they understand that there's a good chance a lot of their planned dates are going to be closures).
anewman35

Postby coasterfanatic on January 14th, 2018, 3:17 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:Here is exactly what was said in the video

“Starting off, we have a huge holiday announcement coming up on Tuesday, February 13th so you’ve got to stay tuned. It’s going to blow you away. It’s gonna be great. It’s gonna be all kinds of news and we can’t wait to share it with you.”

Where exactly is this video at?

When is No Coaster Con?
coasterfanatic

Postby staticshadows on January 14th, 2018, 3:18 pm
What event starts on Feb 13th in New Orleans and is already being added to SFA in 2018?
http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/when ... -gras.html
staticshadows

Postby coasterfanatic on January 14th, 2018, 3:24 pm
SO I heard that videos weren't allowed at NCC this year.

So was there any information regarding the 2018 season that they gave us? New restaurants etc? Name of the Super Loop?

Did they confirm if Last Call would be back?
coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on January 14th, 2018, 3:33 pm
They didn't present this year. We have no new info.
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on January 14th, 2018, 3:34 pm
Yeah I heard.

That sucks...but that's what happens when someone gets married.
coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on January 14th, 2018, 4:33 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Yeah I heard.

That sucks...but that's what happens when someone gets married.

Yeah, well, it's not like a major corporation could have found somebody else to present something for them, or could have just made a pre-recorded video to be played. I know everything stops at my job when somebody gets married and nobody works for weeks at a time. It's a wedding, what are you going to do?
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on January 14th, 2018, 4:35 pm
staticshadows wrote:What event starts on Feb 13th in New Orleans and is already being added to SFA in 2018?
http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/when ... -gras.html

That's actually a very good point. I half-jokingly posted elsewhere that they could just be trolling everything who thinks it's HitP and it would really be just something about 4th Fest, but Mardi Gras makes even more sense. Kinda think if that is what it is, making this announcement they way they did was a bad decision because it's just going to get people's hopes up and then dash them, but the park does some really dumb things some times, so...
anewman35

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on January 14th, 2018, 5:07 pm
Alright so while that is possible, two parks have already confirmed Mardi Gras for this season: SFA and SFFT. As far as I know they have two sets of this Mardi Gras thing.

And while I'm still not sold on it, I was bored today so I made a map of what I think would be open if we did get Holiday In the Park.

EDIT: Minus Bucky Battle, Sky Trek Tower, and Hometown Park
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum