Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Random Park Questions

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2017, 12:50 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Question: Going to be a first time dining pass holder and was wondering if they still let you upgrade from items like say regular funnel cake to funnel cake sundae for a small additional fee? Does everyone have to stand in line to get their food or snack or can one do it for the group? Also does anyone know how much the all season drink bottle is going to be for 2018, and is there going to be a coupon for it loaded onto the 2018 pass?

For what it's worth, it's 1.07 to upgrade from single burger to a double! I was extremely pleased when I did that the first time. Also, if you buy the Premium Dining pass, I think the drink bottle is included.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2017, 12:54 pm
This might seem like a really stupid question but would The Edge be considered a roller coaster? It's not on rcdb.com. It had a track, a train (with wheels I believe) and it utilized gravity.
I only went on it 1x but it was a rush!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby great america fan on September 7th, 2017, 1:45 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:This might seem like a really stupid question but would The Edge be considered a roller coaster? It's not on rcdb.com. It had a track, a train (with wheels I believe) and it utilized gravity.

it depends on who you ask I personally think it has all the characteristics of a coaster but I don't consider it a credit.
great america fan

Postby Viper 88 on September 7th, 2017, 2:10 pm
Thank you for the answers
Viper 88

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 7th, 2017, 2:22 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:This might seem like a really stupid question but would The Edge be considered a roller coaster? It's not on rcdb.com. It had a track, a train (with wheels I believe) and it utilized gravity.

That's another grey area of credits. Some count them, some don't. It's really whatever you think.

Another thing, while RCDB and Coaster-Count generally do a good job of keeping track of coasters, they're not perfect. The best solution for most enthusiasts is to open up an Excel Spreadsheet and count your credits there. It allows you to count anything you want(including Diskos and Super Loops if you so please), has no restrictions, and is easy to manage. If you really want, you can also include other things like Date Ridden, possible Milestones, etc.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 7th, 2017, 11:45 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote: Also, if you buy the Premium Dining pass, I think the drink bottle is included.

Yes this is true.

While on the topic of "credit vs noncredit", did anybody watch Coaster Net's video on SFGAm 2018 Super Loop? I have never considered a super loop a credit but after that video I really am convinced they could be a credit. Assuming all are true, their evidence/facts all point to roller coasters. That being said, I have only been on one and it was at a carnival so its not like it would change my coaster credits a substantial amount.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 8th, 2017, 11:45 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:

That's another grey area of credits. Some count them, some don't. It's really whatever you think.

Another thing, while RCDB and Coaster-Count generally do a good job of keeping track of coasters, they're not perfect. The best solution for most enthusiasts is to open up an Excel Spreadsheet and count your credits there. It allows you to count anything you want(including Diskos and Super Loops if you so please), has no restrictions, and is easy to manage. If you really want, you can also include other things like Date Ridden, possible Milestones, etc.

Yep, I have a spreadsheet that I track all my rides at our park along with my distinct coaster credits.
CoasterCounter does NOT list Edge as a coaster but as a flat.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Tardis1972 on September 9th, 2017, 10:41 am
^ If you want to count The Edge as a coaster go ahead. I count Super Loops and Disk'Os as coasters so nothing wrong with counting The Edge as one.

Does anyone know why the park is always closed the weekend before Fright Fest?
Tardis1972

Postby great america fan on September 9th, 2017, 10:47 am
great america fan

Postby anewman35 on September 9th, 2017, 11:53 am
Tardis1972 wrote:Does anyone know why the park is always closed the weekend before Fright Fest?

I would think just mostly because they're traditionally pretty dead post-labor day and pre-Fright Fest. There have been years they have had a weekend or two open in this timeframe, and it was great because it was empty, but probably not great for the park.

Also, possible staffing issues with the end of summer, probably helps them have more time to finish Fright Fest preparations, and possible buyouts (as somebody pointed out there is one tonight, but I don't know if that's the only reason because I know I was there in a past year when they were open to the public during the day and had this same event at night for people who purchased the special ticket).
anewman35

Postby n9yty on September 9th, 2017, 12:20 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Viper 88 wrote:Question: Going to be a first time dining pass holder and was wondering if they still let you upgrade from items like say regular funnel cake to funnel cake sundae for a small additional fee? Does everyone have to stand in line to get their food or snack or can one do it for the group? Also does anyone know how much the all season drink bottle is going to be for 2018, and is there going to be a coupon for it loaded onto the 2018 pass?

For what it's worth, it's 1.07 to upgrade from single burger to a double! I was extremely pleased when I did that the first time. Also, if you buy the Premium Dining pass, I think the drink bottle is included.

Interesting... I have asked several times at several places there and was always told no, I couldn't upgrade for a "difference" amount. {sigh} Could have been useful some days. LoL
n9yty

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 9th, 2017, 1:09 pm
The week(s) before FF are typically reserved for Company Buyouts.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby coasterjoy on September 9th, 2017, 3:58 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote: Also, if you buy the Premium Dining pass, I think the drink bottle is included.

Yes this is true.

While on the topic of "credit vs noncredit", did anybody watch Coaster Net's video on SFGAm 2018 Super Loop? I have never considered a super loop a credit but after that video I really am convinced they could be a credit. Assuming all are true, their evidence/facts all point to roller coasters. That being said, I have only been on one and it was at a carnival so its not like it would change my coaster credits a substantial amount.

I did watch that video, and I really liked their explanation too. It's worth watching and they have some facts I had not heard before. I personally count them as credits. I rode the one in St. Louis a couple of years ago and it had a ton of hang time, so I'm excited to give our new addition a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby Nystagmus on September 13th, 2017, 9:04 pm
hoju74 wrote:Does anybody know if Viper is still running backwards ?

Yes, as of Saturday 9/9, it was still going backwards.

Viper 88 wrote:Question: Going to be a first time dining pass holder and was wondering if they still let you upgrade from items like say regular funnel cake to funnel cake sundae for a small additional fee?

Took my niece to the park and she had her first funnel cake. Of course we had to make it a sundae! With the meal plan, I only had to pay a $2 or something for the upgrade.
Nystagmus

Postby CoasterCale on September 14th, 2017, 10:49 am
I honestly don't think the park has any plans of flipping the trains back this season. I could be wrong though.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on October 8th, 2017, 10:58 pm
I am going to the park tomorrow and have a question about season pass discounts. Tomorrow I can bring a friend for 1/2 price. But half of what number? Gate admission?
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Ilovthevu' on October 8th, 2017, 11:04 pm
^Yes, I would say so. The highest price you can find on their website. 1/2 of $74.99
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/s ... ilytickets
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 10th, 2017, 12:18 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Just found out that you can't upgrade to the double burger at Johnny Rockets (it had worked at other places that serve burgers) ! I sent email to Six Flags asking why not.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on October 26th, 2017, 1:00 am
Now that The Lobster is back to being the crazy intense ride it once was, I'm wondering - Has Revolution ever run at its maximum cycle? (https://youtu.be/g-clD4d2fwA)

Would be nice if they had it run at that setting since it looks like we're not getting a Giant Discovery anytime soon. :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby onyxhotel08 on November 29th, 2017, 1:24 pm
Is the park already prepared for the winter? Everything down/stored away? How many employees work at the park on an off-season day?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby CoasterCale on November 30th, 2017, 2:43 pm
Pretty much any team member you would interact with during the season is termed. Only full time and high up supervisors work during the offseason.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby onyxhotel08 on December 7th, 2017, 1:17 pm
Are all the shops/stores completely cleared out for the off-season? How much of the merchandise is brought back next season and how much is new?

I know, I am a nerd... :lol:
onyxhotel08

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 7th, 2017, 10:00 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:Are all the shops/stores completely cleared out for the off-season? How much of the merchandise is brought back next season and how much is new?

I know, I am a nerd... :lol:

Watch this video by Cedar Point to see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk1RLja-wio
I know its not SFGAm but, all parks do something similar to this at the end of the season.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby onyxhotel08 on December 8th, 2017, 10:57 am
Wish our park did that...that is pretty cool! Thanks.
onyxhotel08

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on December 8th, 2017, 2:00 pm
If I remember correctly, they did one and it was to the song Happy. I'm too lazy to find it right now.
Whizzer Whiz Kid

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum