Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Favorite 2017 Memory?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RollingCoasting on November 19th, 2017, 10:40 pm
Now that the 2017 season is over, let's look back to the best moments of the year

There are countless things I'll never forget from this year, but my favorite would probably have to be riding Fiddler's Fling during a hardcore thunderstorm on August 2nd. It was the only thing open in the area so instinctively I hopped on for a couple rides. The storm was a borderline hurricane (Nearby trees shaking like crazy while rain was darting anyone not under some sort of roof). No idea how the ride could even in run in
such weather. It's oddly fun getting spun around while your face is pelted with rain :lol:

How about you guys?
RollingCoasting

Postby Muck Finnesota on November 19th, 2017, 10:47 pm
Having the opportunity to ride coasters through late November easily takes the cake for me.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby Tardis1972 on November 19th, 2017, 10:49 pm
Getting on the last cycle on King Chaos and the final train of the year on Goliath. Getting to see Goliath transfer a train off the track. Also getting on the last train on V2 and SUF.
Last edited by Tardis1972 on November 20th, 2017, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterNick3157 on November 19th, 2017, 11:47 pm
Meeting Jim Reid Anderson, Joker T Shirt Event, Viper Backwards, seeing my youngest being able to ride the big ride s now.
CoasterNick3157

Postby Tardis1972 on November 20th, 2017, 12:06 am
^ Oh yeah I forgot about that. Here are some other favorite moments. My visit to Kings Dominion and Indiana Beach. KD especially because I was able to ride all the coasters in the front and back row twice. I know those aren't SFGAm related but I wanted to share them anyways.
Tardis1972

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on November 20th, 2017, 8:13 am
Gonna have to go with riding Eagle in the snow on Saturday. Honorable mentions go to July 29th, a day when I rode Eagle 24 times in like 3 hours, Viper Backwards, Drop of Doom VR (which was so much better done than Rage of the Gargoyles), and the Glow Run 5K.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby MrsTaxi on November 20th, 2017, 8:50 am
Viper backwards..100%. Also, when Jiggidy scared the piss out of me. :lol:
MrsTaxi

Postby SixFlags_Fan on November 20th, 2017, 10:03 am
Riding Eagle Red with next to no trims and ending the season with a double Zen ride on V2.
SixFlags_Fan

Postby Jackluver18 on November 20th, 2017, 10:11 am
Mine would probably have to be all the new scareactors that I met this year along with going to the park in the middle of November. It was a great season and can't wait for Opening Day 2018 to get here.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on November 20th, 2017, 2:52 pm
Top memories
1) Riding Whizzer yesterday with my 3 yo for her very first time
2) Riding Goliath with my then 6 (now 7 yo) for her very first time
3) Riding Dare Devil Dive with my 7 yo (first time for both of us!)
4) Getting my 3rd 40+ ride day of my career (8/18 CAD - without Flash Pass)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Ilovthevu' on November 21st, 2017, 2:54 pm
Honestly, I had more favorite memories at Six Flags St. Louis this year. Riding Screamin' Eagle again was just so amazing. I missed that thing so much. It's my favorite airtime /similar to a hyper / wooden coaster I've ever been on.

After the Enterprise left, I rode a ton of times on the replacement at St. Louis for me - Xcalibur. That is such a fun ride / very similar, but either way I enjoyed that. Got back on my replacement Orbit even though I have to go 4-5 hours away to go on a ride like that again. It's life. I just don't go St. Louis for that though.

And I really enjoyed (as strange as it sounds) the large ice cream waffle cone at the front of the park at St. Louis. Before I went St. Louis, and specifically remember that large ice cream waffle cone, so I couldn't wait to get it again, and I enjoyed that at St. Louis. Mr. Freeze was such an awesome coaster too. That Roaring Rapids is so amazing also. Favorite is Popeye, than that Roaring Rapids ride, and than the other ones. Great America's is fun too (Don't get rid of it), but St. Louis is better / so many humps.

Just an up and down year for me at Great America. I can't mention a favorite. I can mention a lot of negative things this year, but St. Louis was so fun and memorable. I can't wait to go back, and I will go back to Great America too but hopefully they fix things.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby CoasterCale on November 21st, 2017, 3:04 pm
I guess mine would have to be visiting Hurricane Harbor over the summer, and spending money on a suit the first time because I forgot it, and a towel the second time for the same reason. Then getting sunburned to the point where I was literally red. :oops:
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Coaster Justin on November 22nd, 2017, 2:45 am
Riding Coasters in Mexico
Riding Coasters in the UK
Meeting up with Andrew Hyde
Meeting Up with Drew The Intern
Meeting Up with Dan The-T-Shirt Guy and his Aunt Sue
Riding my 600th and 650th Coasters
Getting My 600th Coaster Photo in an ACE Magazine
Making pennies off Youtube
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby UnclePennybags on November 22nd, 2017, 6:46 pm
Six, 360 degree spins on my first and only ride on Joker. It hurt and was not fun.
UnclePennybags

Postby hook13 on November 26th, 2017, 12:24 am
Taking the kids to meet wonder woman and lego batman was really cool this year, thought the actors were fantastic.costumes were well done.
hook13

Postby hoju74 on November 27th, 2017, 9:52 am
My favorite was either riding viper backwards with my son or riding Yankee Clipper the only day it was open when I went this season.
hoju74

Postby onyxhotel08 on November 30th, 2017, 12:33 pm
First Fright Fest since 2008! I was with my nephew and his friend. The lines did not allow us to do much. Going with kids is always hard since they don't like to go on everything and when they do one wants to and another doesn't. Still fun though. I prefer going in the summer when it is warm and the water rides are open. Hurricane Harbor helps offset some of the crowds. Oh and we got stuck on backwards Viper on the hill! It was only about 5-10 minutes but we got exit passes! My nephew and I used them on Revolution while his friend went on Goliath....I'd go but my nephew was not ready yet... :cry:
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby stockboy300 on December 10th, 2017, 9:43 am
My daughter catching someone's cell phone on the first drop on Maverick. Couldn't believe it!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby American Eagle 1981 on December 10th, 2017, 8:25 pm
Where do I begin?! I visited Santa’s Village, Indiana Beach, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, and Hersheypark for the first time as well as an awesome trip to Disney World. I visited Great America a dozen times this year and spent nearly 40 hours in park total. 82 total rides for the season including Eagle 13 times. I have so many great memories all documented in my trip reports but my favorite might just be the first visit of the season. It was April 29th, 37 degrees and raining. Only stayed for an hour but got some of the craziest rides ever on Bull, Batman, and Goliath. Nearly freezing temps and pouring rain is a insane combo. Can’t wait for an even better season next year.
American Eagle 1981

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 11th, 2017, 2:23 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:Six, 360 degree spins on my first and only ride on Joker. It hurt and was not fun.

LOL!! I had 10 rides on Joker and that might be my final career total :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby ChicagoCoasters on December 11th, 2017, 4:55 pm
Had lots of good memories this year. Went to Mt. Olympus, Ober Gatlinburg, Kings Island, and Santa's Village for the first time this year. Rode the brand-new Mystic Timbers which is amazing. :D Also, Hades 360 is so underrated. Had 12 trips to SFGAm this year, with 103 rides (including Hurricane Harbor). Including 9 rides on Goliath which always seemed to have a long line whenever I went. I caught a guy's hat on American Eagle. Meeting Logan from Koaster Kids was amazing, because he is so inspirational and nice and he runs my favorite Youtube channel. He is just fun to be around. Also, Repiv was a very unique experience I will never forget. Fright Fest and Last Call were also very well executed. Overall 2017 was a great year and 2018 is shaping up to be even better.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby CoasterCale on December 14th, 2017, 1:13 pm
I don't wanna come off as a hard ass. But I'm pretty sure this was intended to be fave memories from SFGAm. It is in the SFGAm Forum. :?
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Patrick on January 5th, 2018, 1:06 am
This was all the way at the end of the 2016 season but whatever. I rode Raging Bull in the rain at night with no trims. It was a great ride. I would do it again if i had the chance. By far the best ride on Raging Bull I had. Another memory was riding every ride at SFGAM. I've been wanting to finish riding everything for a while. One more memory was doing the haunts at Fright Fest for the first time. I got spooked a couple times and it was very fun. I had a great 2017 season, and I can't wait for 2018!
Patrick

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 5th, 2018, 1:22 pm
Patrick wrote:This was all the way at the end of the 2016 season but whatever. I rode Raging Bull in the rain at night with no trims. It was a great ride. I would do it again if i had the chance. By far the best ride on Raging Bull I had. Another memory was riding every ride at SFGAM. I've been wanting to finish riding everything for a while. One more memory was doing the haunts at Fright Fest for the first time. I got spooked a couple times and it was very fun. I had a great 2017 season, and I can't wait for 2018!

Patrick, did you do all the rides at SFGAm in ONE day??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RBullFan97 on February 24th, 2018, 8:37 am
I'm a little late with this but I'll post it anyway.

While 2017 was not my best year at the park, It still had its good moments. The highlights were definitely Viper backwards in the rain and my two final rides on King Chaos. Also, I don't know if this counts, but I went to Six Flags St. Louis last summer (really my first time at a theme park that was not Great America) and I got on every coaster, which was great.
Additionally, here are a couple of interesting bits of trivia from this season for me. In 2017, I rode Raging Bull on every trip to the park I made, the first time I've ridden a ride on every trip of a season since I started keeping records in 2010. Also, 2017 was the first year in my "record-keeping era" where I rode Superman more times than Batman.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum