Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Best Haunted House

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on September 13th, 2017, 10:30 pm
I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this, but what's the best haunted house at SFGAm? This year may be the first time I visit one, so I'm clueless. Do the actors make physical contact with you? I'm not a big fan of being pushed, pulled, or groped.
UnclePennybags

Postby chrisisdragon on September 13th, 2017, 11:11 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this, but what's the best haunted house at SFGAm? This year may be the first time I visit one, so I'm clueless. Do the actors make physical contact with you? I'm not a big fan of being pushed, pulled, or groped.

There is no physical contact in the hunted houses and if there was a slight contact most likely was on accident
chrisisdragon

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 13th, 2017, 11:32 pm
I remember liking Gates of Hell the best simply because of how long it is. It combined Necropolis and Mausoleum of Terror into one long haunt.

They were all pretty good, but I do remember Big Top Terror to be a bit of a letdown.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby MrsTaxi on September 14th, 2017, 7:51 am
Massacre Medical Center is by far the best haunted house, in my opinion.
MrsTaxi

Postby Jackluver18 on September 14th, 2017, 8:41 am
Massacre has always been my favorite. I wasn't a fan of Infestation last year and I wasn't a big fan of Apocalypse. Gates of Hell was good. Big Top was okay and I didn't do Manslaughter last year so I can't tell you how it was.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby Viper 88 on September 14th, 2017, 4:47 pm
I did em all last year. I liked Big Top Terror and Massacre Medical Center the most. Infestation was a big big let down (but to be honest I did it while it was still light) not too many actors though. Apocalypse has potential, but needs to be carried out better, honestly if given the option I would rather have Blood River back. Manslaughter was another let down there were like 3 people inside. Gates of Hell has a lot of potential again needs more actors. The outdoor sections need to be better shielded from sight you can see whats happening inside. Otherwise the inside section is still Mausoleum of Terror and lacking. They don't touch you, get close it's a lot of screaming and banging mostly. I enjoy going in and watching the young kids go in and get the $#!t scared outta themselves and these big brave guys pushing their girlfriends inside first thats really why I keep going in. What they should really do is have 1 or 2 and really go all out at least an R rating I would say their current is a high PG or a low-mid PG13.
Viper 88

Postby American Eagle 1981 on September 14th, 2017, 4:47 pm
Gates of Hell is without a doubt the best in my opinion. It's incredibly long and has a lot of great effects. Massacre Medical Center is great but pretty short. Manslaughter Manor is about tied with Massacre for number 2. Apocalypse might be number 4, I just like being in Roaring Rapids trough, it's outside so it's not that dark and not that many effects but the jump scares can be good. Infestation didn't have that great of props or scare actors, I didn't find it very scary. And last Is Big Top Terror which was a HUGE disappointment. Very long line for a short walkthrough, that's not immersive and only has few scare actors that aren't very scary.
American Eagle 1981

Postby n9yty on September 20th, 2017, 12:56 pm
No spoilers intended, but there was one particular scare actor in Big Top on at least opening Saturday that really freaked my kid out, good job on that one. :)

Infestation was horrid on that day, first of all, no marking or staff near the entrances to tell which was express and which was regular, and thet lines were backed up in both queues, VERY slow movement when the others were moving right along, and when we got in, the sound was doing some bizzare digital buzzing thing, there were almost no scare actors in there whole length, and, well, just pathetic overall. I hope it gets better, it was at least better last year.
n9yty

Postby stockboy300 on October 14th, 2017, 10:32 pm
The Underworld! :D
stockboy300

Postby Coaster Justin on October 15th, 2017, 6:28 pm
Unless it's dropped off dramatically, Infestation
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterCale on October 16th, 2017, 11:53 am
stockboy300 wrote:The Underworld! :D

:lol: :lol: Anyways, I would say Gates of Hell.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum