Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Fright Fest 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterjoy on September 24th, 2017, 8:39 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:I tiny does not fit on the helix anymore, then why not put them on the Am Eagle lift hill. Nothing is the way there. Would look different too since you could see it from inside the park.

That is a great idea! It would be nice to see Tiny from inside the park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 24th, 2017, 11:31 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:I tiny does not fit on the helix anymore, then why not put them on the Am Eagle lift hill. Nothing is the way there. Would look different too since you could see it from inside the park.

Dare Devil Dive is in the way

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterNick3157 on September 25th, 2017, 12:42 am
I heard the reason for no tiny is that AE is still getting painted they can't put it up while they are painting it
CoasterNick3157

Postby gottastrata33 on September 25th, 2017, 1:28 am
American Eagle was incredible tonight, we rode a couple times in a row cause there were hardly any lines tonight & it was absolutely hauling. The second airtime hill & the return run out of the helix was just insane. Best ride I’ve ever had on it I think. I don’t know what was goin on but I’ll take it :)

We got to the park just before 6pm & had time to ride Whizzer, eat dinner, Demon, Raging Bull, Repiv, AE x2, Fiddler, Goliath & Joker. The longest wait was Bull at 10min. With just a few hours to spare, we had a great night. Can’t wait to not experience this bliss the rest of FF ;D haha
gottastrata33

Postby ilrider on September 26th, 2017, 5:51 pm
Here is athe article about the mob assault of a family in line the other night: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/l ... story.html
ilrider

Postby coasterjoy on September 26th, 2017, 8:22 pm
There have been times I'm afraid to say something to line jumpers for this exact reason...that's crazy nine people would attack an entire family. Really disgusted...also sad no one else intervened, probably because they were afraid they'd get beat too. The injuries they sustained must have been bad enough that they hadn't been released from the hospital yet by the time the article was released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 26th, 2017, 10:00 pm
I was in SW territory literally at 8:20 that night. I was at demon snacks at 8:25, funnel cake stand in hometown squareat 8:30, and left the park at 8:40. I had no idea that was going on. Damn.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby cliffhanger on September 27th, 2017, 9:59 am
That's crazy and really sad. I would like to know the whole story though. I can't comprehend how a group could attack a family like that over line jumping. (Assuming here, mainly out of disbelief) Did the Husband say something more than, "Excuse me, line jumping is not allowed"? Did the Husband provoke the group physically or verbally? Where did this take place in line? Near the stairs? In the front queue? Im not saying the groups actions were justified in any way, but there seems to be more to this story. In any case I hope the family recovers soon and that this whole even wont scare the boy away from experiencing other theme parks.

Edit: I was picturing this happening in the RB queue, but the exact location is not in the news report
cliffhanger

Postby cliffhanger on September 27th, 2017, 10:09 am
coasterjoy wrote:There have been times I'm afraid to say something to line jumpers for this exact reason.

This is an isolated incident. Don't be afraid to politely tell people they are cutting in line. There really isn't anything you can do to stop them except call the "hotline" so don't even touch them.
cliffhanger

Postby ihauntu2 on September 27th, 2017, 10:36 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Also, my 7yo got frightened by one of the actors so I turned on my phone flashlight to guide our way. (others were doing that as well). Some security person told me to turn it off to which I replied 2x "My daugther is frightened. I'm gonna leave my light on"

CoasterRiderSC - The reason for the request to turn off your light is because it can damage the actors vision. I'm a retired haunter. As an actor, your eyes adjust to very low levels of light indoors and out. You're looking for small changes in people at long distances outside at night ( we usually have our marks picked out well before you get near us), or you're indoors in a nearly pitch black environment.

When you shine that bright little LED light, it's damn near like looking at the sun to us. It is blinding, and to some it can be painful. It then disrupts their vision, making them a danger to others.

That effect is also enhanced by wearing theatrical contact lenses. Your eyes just can't handle rapid changes in brightness as easy.

This is also why most operational staff (security, supervisors etc) know to keep their flashlights pointed at the ground when passing thru, or when trying to get an actor's attention.

Just something to keep in mind. I know it seems stupid, but there's a very real reason for it.
It's the most fun in the park when your laughing in the dark.
ihauntu2

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 27th, 2017, 10:44 am
Based on the 2 articles I read, it sounds like the husband didn't touch them. The group started attacking the 12 yo boy and the husband tried to save his kid. The articles also say they were using vulgar language so maybe the husband told them to stop doing that?? I know this is an isolated incident and something like this could happen anywhere (ie. movie theater, cubs game, Sox game, etc).

I'm really saddened that nobody stepped in to help the family. Last year there was a teen girl who was very angry because a boy supposedly cut in line and messed up the grouping/order with others. She challenged the kid to a fight and started swearing. I told her "it's not that serious " and that her behavior was out of line. So then she gave me an earful. I guess I just don't tolerate people "acting up" at our park because it's like my 2nd home. It's supposed to be a family place!

What's our society coming to?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby LordMagnus101 on September 27th, 2017, 11:50 am
I'm assuming the perpetrators are banned for life from the park.

My question is...how do they enforce these bans?
LordMagnus101

Postby cliffhanger on September 27th, 2017, 4:09 pm
On another note, I don't know if anyone else knows about what California's Great America is doing with Demon this year. They've based their whole halloween event around The Demon (the character from the ride) returning to haunt the park. They've added lights, fog, the blood waterfall and a giant flame jet to the ride. Not to mention they have apparently remade the theme music. Sadly there aren't any videos yet on YT. How cool would it be to do something like this at our park?
I was looking at digital Halloween decorations and found this: https://youtu.be/u-eZcoWVh8g?t=54s
Perfect for a special effect on the ride or even played on a TV inside the sewer grate by the sign!
cliffhanger

Postby Tardis1972 on September 27th, 2017, 9:20 pm
LordMagnus101 wrote:I'm assuming the perpetrators are banned for life from the park.

My question is...how do they enforce these bans?

Yeah I've always wonder that too.
Tardis1972

Postby JimPanky on September 28th, 2017, 10:51 am
Are there any free walk-throughs, or did they die with Necropolis?

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 28th, 2017, 2:55 pm
No, but some of the scare zones(the covered bridges and the path between Demon and JL) are really well themed with a high scare actor concentration.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 28th, 2017, 3:17 pm
they had free walk throughs at some point? man, wished I tried it out. biggest reason I have never done one is because of $$$
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby anewman35 on September 29th, 2017, 6:50 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:they had free walk throughs at some point? man, wished I tried it out. biggest reason I have never done one is because of $$$

You really didn't miss much.
anewman35

Postby JimPanky on September 29th, 2017, 1:54 pm
Had a great time today. Really liked The Underworld.
Have they always had the adult showing of LAFF? I really liked it.
Last edited by JimPanky on September 30th, 2017, 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
JimPanky

Postby CoasterCale on September 29th, 2017, 2:06 pm
Technically there is a zero tolerance policy. It plays throughout the park, but a lot of guests are SPHs. So the park could spend hours trying to eject one person that will just be back the next day. While many would completely trash the park, I would have to say that I'm impressed with the way Team Members can sometimes handle the situations and defuse things before it gets worse.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Mr. D.T. on September 29th, 2017, 8:26 pm
In case anyone hasn't noticed, the ghost train crossing isn't there anymore. It was a classic. Why take away a classic for a "haunt" zone?
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby CoasterCale on October 2nd, 2017, 2:53 pm
Maybe I'm overthinking it. But there still seems to be homage to the ghost train crossing. If you look at the tunnel, there is a star type piece of wood. Then the van is on the tracks and looks rather wrecked. I thought this was supposed to be from said train, but could obviously just be from the destructive nature that the inhabitants of The UnderWorld possess.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Viper 88 on October 4th, 2017, 11:13 am
1 Does anyone have a decent image of Blood River I like to change my tablet screen saver for FF and I can't find anything good. 2 Does anyone have a video of the train at FF from like 2004/05? or a Park map/scare guide?
Viper 88

Postby RollingCoasting on October 4th, 2017, 12:11 pm
RollingCoasting

Postby Hugehungry on October 4th, 2017, 3:33 pm
Does anyone know if anything special is happening with the condor this year?
Hugehungry

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum