Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Mardi Gras Hangover Discussion Thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 11th, 2017, 4:07 pm
In my opinion, the best time to have a modest price increase is when a major attraction is installed........ Hypothetically speaking... Let's say Both Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper were demolished and an RMC T-Rex was built in their plot of land.... with oh I don't know, a name like Mr. Freeze Drop of Doom..... The general public would go WILD. A small $5 increase in season passes would be much easier to pull off, because the general public would be so psyched about the new attraction, that a small increase would not discourage people from purchasing a pass. Where as trying to pull that off in a dead year, when parks are installing super loops or getting shows, would be far more difficult to sell.
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby Carlo on September 11th, 2017, 11:08 pm
Six Flags Great America does raise the Season Passes every year but I guess it is so small that you guys don't notice it. Last year the Flash sale was $62.99, This year $64.99, 2015 - $59.99 So they are raise the prices about $2 a year.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby Sven18 on September 12th, 2017, 11:30 am
Carlo wrote:Six Flags Great America does raise the Season Passes every year but I guess it is so small that you guys don't notice it. Last year the Flash sale was $62.99, This year $64.99, 2015 - $59.99 So they are raise the prices about $2 a year.

I still have the confirmation emails and checked. 2017 passes were $63.99 and 2018 are $64.99. $1 increase is slightly less than inflation rate which is 1.7%. Just to keep up with inflation the price would be $65.07. Adjusted for inflation passes are cheaper than last year by 8 cents. Premium Dining 2017 was $69.99 and 2018 it's $72.99 which is a $1.81 increase after adjusting for inflation. These just barely at or above inflation increases are literally meaningless in the large scheme. SF needs massive 10-15% increases and that wouldn't even bring them in line with the rest of the amusement park market. SF in in general and SFGAM passes are cheaper than WOF, VF, MIAdv, the bottom of Cedar Fair chain. They are miles behind Busch Gardens, Sea World or any chain or independents like Hershey, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City , Kennywood, Lake Compounce, KY Kingdom, etc... SF clearly doesn't think they have enough value in their product to raise prices w/o people leaving in mass.
Sven18

Postby B&MGuy35 on September 12th, 2017, 4:54 pm
Don't even get me started on how much cheaper they are then hey used to be. At one time a regular pass was close to $100 so it's way different now then it was before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby CoasterCale on September 13th, 2017, 11:25 am
It's not a coaster so aside from that, I have little to no problem with this ride. Sure I'd rather have Cyborg or whatever from SFGAd, or even a Sky Screamer. But hey, it is what it is. We've gotten X-Flight, Goliath, Justice League, and Joker. All great additions in my opinion.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 17th, 2017, 4:19 pm
Six Flags might get alot of hate..... But... looking at prices like these? I'll take Bugs Bunny over Mickey Mouse any day of the week, lol
Attachments
879e6286cc9816dd4b89c7d0f78ad054efe0726e_hq.jpg
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby gottastrata33 on September 17th, 2017, 5:00 pm
Ok but Disney puts a hell of a lot more money into their attractions lol you're talking about a park that is the size of a city vs a village haha ;)
gottastrata33

Postby Sven18 on September 17th, 2017, 5:14 pm
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Six Flags might get alot of hate..... But... looking at prices like these? I'll take Bugs Bunny over Mickey Mouse any day of the week, lol

Comparing SF to Disney isn't even apples to oranges, it's beyond. Disney will often spend 50 to 100M on 1 addition for 1 park. SF will spend 75M for 13 parks on rides in a yr. Go look at other amusement park chains that are real comparisons, ie...Busch Gardens, Cedar Fair, etc... SF is the Dollar Store of theme parks. SF doesn't raise prices b/c they can't. The reason people come is b/c it's cheap, like The Dollar Store. In both cases you get what you pay for and thus the customers have low expectations
Sven18

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on September 17th, 2017, 5:35 pm
Sven18 wrote:
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:Six Flags might get alot of hate..... But... looking at prices like these? I'll take Bugs Bunny over Mickey Mouse any day of the week, lol

Comparing SF to Disney isn't even apples to oranges, it's beyond. Disney will often spend 50 to 100M on 1 addition for 1 park. SF will spend 75M for 13 parks on rides in a yr. Go look at other amusement park chains that are real comparisons, ie...Busch Gardens, Cedar Fair, etc... SF is the Dollar Store of theme parks. SF doesn't raise prices b/c they can't. The reason people come is b/c it's cheap, like The Dollar Store. In both cases you get what you pay for and thus the customers have low expectations

Oh I know, However I personally don't care about anything other than Roller Coasters and thrill rides. If Disney Land and Six Flags Great America were right next door to each other, I would chose Six Flags Great America anyday of the week, simply because I don't really care that much about elaborate themeing, family rides, shows, etc. The target audience also consists of apples and oranges. Disney Land is a destination park, It's great for people with kids, Those who want an elaborate theme park experience and those who are fans of Disney (The Apples) ..... Me and my friends? We're the oranges, lol. We just like Roller Coasters and thrill rides. So Six Flags, even though it may be the dollar store of the theme park industry, serves us very well!
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 18th, 2017, 11:51 am
SFGAMNUT9302 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

Oh I know, However I personally don't care about anything other than Roller Coasters and thrill rides. If Disney Land and Six Flags Great America were right next door to each other, I would chose Six Flags Great America anyday of the week, simply because I don't really care that much about elaborate themeing, family rides, shows, etc. The target audience also consists of apples and oranges. Disney Land is a destination park, It's great for people with kids, Those who want an elaborate theme park experience and those who are fans of Disney (The Apples) ..... Me and my friends? We're the oranges, lol. We just like Roller Coasters and thrill rides. So Six Flags, even though it may be the dollar store of the theme park industry, serves us very well!

I agree with SFGAMNUT 100% about preferring Six Flags Great America over Disney!! Well said! Also, this downgrading of Six Flags and exalting of Cedar Fair sounds vaguely familiar.......
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on September 19th, 2017, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on September 18th, 2017, 12:05 pm
One thing I am a little confused about is the number of seats. The link for the ride says it has 32 face-off style seats, but I am not sure if they are counting the two end rows which don't face-off. If not, this would mean the ride has 36 seats vs the 22M Giant Loop's 24 seats and the Skywarp's 32 seats.
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/attractions/newfor2018
staticshadows

Postby Coaster Justin on September 26th, 2017, 2:32 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Ok but Disney puts a hell of a lot more money into their attractions lol you're talking about a park that is the size of a city vs a village haha ;)

Disco Yeti
What's left of Hollywood Studios
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 28th, 2017, 3:14 pm
hollywood studios is actually my fav park :D
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 494
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Ilovthevu' on October 8th, 2017, 12:35 am
Lawsuit over a Larson Looper ride at Great Adventure. http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/ind ... train.html

Than, why has Six Flags bought anymore of these since that time?:
"They also argue that Six Flags cannot be held responsible for product defects, since the operator didn't design, manufacture or sell the ride."

"Rachel suffered "serious, severe and permanent" injuries, including shoulder, cervical, thoracic and lumbar strains and sprains" according to the article.

Remember, that time when Six Flags suddenly shut down these Larson Loopers. Well, you know why now.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby coasterfanatic on October 8th, 2017, 1:51 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I am not even a fan of Hurricane Force 5 beyond the current happenings in Texas and Florida. I wouldn't mind Bourbon Street Fireball if they wanted to match the theming.

That's the thing is that Six Flags doesn't care about theming. If they did, Joker would be in Mardi Gras section as the color scheme would fit that. The only care about DC now, so everything gets a DC themed name
coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on October 8th, 2017, 2:48 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:Lawsuit over a Larson Looper ride at Great Adventure. http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/ind ... train.html

Than, why has Six Flags bought anymore of these since that time?:
"They also argue that Six Flags cannot be held responsible for product defects, since the operator didn't design, manufacture or sell the ride."

"Rachel suffered "serious, severe and permanent" injuries, including shoulder, cervical, thoracic and lumbar strains and sprains" according to the article.

Remember, that time when Six Flags suddenly shut down these Larson Loopers. Well, you know why now.

Defect?

Buy more, and make them bigger while you're at it. Seems logical.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby cliffhanger on October 9th, 2017, 8:55 am
Goku1910 wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:Lawsuit over a Larson Looper ride at Great Adventure. http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/ind ... train.html

That lawsuit sounds like a lot of BS. The seat belts are a secondary measure. Even if her belt became disengaged, she would have been fine. I don't see how she "struggle(ed) to hold onto the shoulder bar in order to keep her body in the seat". If there was something wrong with the restraint, trust me, she would have been hanging out of the car. And they claim she had permanent injuries, yet she walked off and they waited more than 90 days to file a claim?
cliffhanger

Postby Goku1910 on October 9th, 2017, 9:38 am
It is a B.S. suit, but Six Flags defense about not being responsible for ride defects is a bit sketchy if you ask me.
Goku1910

Postby great america fan on October 10th, 2017, 11:09 am
Goku1910 wrote:It is a B.S. suit, but Six Flags defense about not being responsible for ride defects is a bit sketchy if you ask me.

I just think they just don't want to waist there time/money with a B.S case.
great america fan

Postby Sven18 on November 14th, 2017, 3:15 pm
The largest super loop is looking even worse of an addition since Skyline is showing off various new looping rides that are better besides the known Skywarp at IAAPA 2017. SF has multiple things to potentially clone besides Skywarps. These rides have SF written allover them, just like when they shoed the Skywarp at IAAPA 2016.

Skyline Eclipse http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/fi ... aafddq.jpg
Skyline Horizon http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/fi ... ae6ng7.jpg
Last edited by Sven18 on November 14th, 2017, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby Coaster Justin on November 14th, 2017, 3:23 pm
Sven18 wrote:The largest super loop is looking even worse of an addition since Skyline is showing off various new looping rides that are better besides the known Skywarp.

The Horizon looks really lame personally
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Sven18 on November 14th, 2017, 3:31 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
Sven18 wrote:The largest super loop is looking even worse of an addition since Skyline is showing off various new looping rides that are better besides the known Skywarp.

The Horizon looks really lame personally

When has that stopped SF, they bought 9 superloops. These things are going to be in the same cheap price range as Skywarps of 2M or less. SF has 3 variations to clone across the 12 parks(SFDK already has a Skywarp). SF was involved in taking Skywarp to production, so they developed a strong relationship with Skyline. These things are likely coming to SF parks in 2019 and beyond.
Sven18

Postby SFGAM_Hog on December 27th, 2017, 11:07 pm
So, we still don't know the name of this superloop??
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on December 27th, 2017, 11:37 pm
Nope. Last week I asked about it on their live chat and they told me this:

chattranscript.png
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on December 28th, 2017, 5:40 am
Might as well just call it "Worlds Largest Looping Coaster" and if another park builds a bigger one, juts add a "2nd" after "Worlds" :lol:
SFGAMNUT9302

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum