SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2017
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Hours
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

When will different rides close?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on June 30th, 2017, 1:21 pm
JaminOut wrote:
Whizzer Whiz Kid wrote:Yes they do...
https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/rides/tilt-a-whirl
I rode it in 2015.


I'll shut up now...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, all good!
Whizzer Whiz Kid

User avatar
 
Posts: 449
Joined: April 26th, 2014, 8:35 pm

Share On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 30th, 2017, 1:37 pm
anewman35 wrote:I don't have any reason to think that Joker or Justice League are going anywhere, but it's not totally unheard of for new rides to last a lot less than anybody would predict when they go in (examples at our parents: Shockwave, Space Shuttle America, Ragin' Cajun). I can certainly see a world in 10 years or whatever where there's all sorts of cheap home VR stuff and it makes Justice League seem so lame that it goes away...


Add Z Force to this list as well! Only lasted 3 years......
Single Day Ride Count Records

Without Flash Pass - 41 rides 8/19/2016 (Coasters After Dark)

With Platinum Flash Pass - 51 rides 7/15/2016

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 500
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby maxwellt on June 30th, 2017, 8:25 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Wonder how long a ride like Roaring Rapids can last (concrete cracks) and maintenance has to be getting up there since it is over 30 years old. Just saying, not other reason besides the scope of having to rebuild vs replace if it ever comes to that due to age. Sits on a large section of land too.

If you look at the land, it's a pretty big plot. I think I tried seeing what could fit in that land one day, and if I recall, intimidator 305 was just barely outside of it, sooooooo as Lenny pepperbottom would say, that's pretty neat!

https://youtu.be/OXZt4-LTtHw
Image
maxwellt

User avatar
 
Posts: 353
Joined: July 14th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Postby staticshadows on June 30th, 2017, 8:46 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

 
Posts: 289
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 1st, 2017, 6:30 pm
Than, they should build another rapids ride. You need a water ride that is really good in the regular park, and Buccaneer Battle which was their solution, is not a good ride in my opinion.

You can say the flumes are dying too, but than you just need new flumes (like the Mack ride Journey to Atlantis at Sea World) to replace the old ones. You need good water rides in the regular park too. You can't just have water rides only in the water park.
Morals of life - Take my advice - You don't know what you have till it's gone. & Buying stuff doesn't fulfill your happiness levels for long. You buy stuff. You use stuff. You get bored of stuff. You throw stuff out. It's old. You buy new stuff. You use stuff. Get out of the rut.
Ilovthevu'

User avatar
 
Posts: 4089
Images: 34
Joined: June 4th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Postby Viper 88 on July 4th, 2017, 9:20 am
Ilovthevu' wrote: You need good water rides in the regular park too. You can't just have water rides only in the water park.


OMG THANK YOU! Finally someone besides me gets that.
This is what would make it great: The size of our rafts. Plus the inner rockiness of our cave string some lights inside it and fill it with fog
The trees and the rock formations of Thunder Canyon at Cedar Point: https://youtu.be/Y5X12QNaLEE
The water falls of Thunder Canyon at Dorney Park: https://youtu.be/tTsNfounHHw
The rapids of Thunder River at Six Flags St Louis. https://youtu.be/pgDuZV7ZV8s
The Dual loading platform from Six Flags Over Georgia
Then I think you'd have the best rapids ride in the whole chain.
Viper 88

User avatar
 
Posts: 593
Images: 0
Joined: July 10th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Postby Coaster Justin on July 5th, 2017, 10:07 pm
How about statues where the Looney tunes Characters pee on you?

Or have waterfalls that you go through while going up the lift to the station?
673 Coasters in 30 States and 5 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.
On My Way to 700!!! in UK
Most Recent NEW Coaster: Swarm @ Thorpe Park (10/20/2017)

Future 2017 Plans: 2018 in Japan with ACE, 2019 in Germany with CoasterCrew

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

User avatar
 
Posts: 1848
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 12:07 pm
Location: Park City, IL

Postby hook13 on July 10th, 2017, 2:01 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Copied and pasted one of my posts from another thread with some slight changes


Demon - Not very popular at non-peak times of the year, rough if not ridden correctly, probably getting harder to maintain


what's the correct way to ride? (last time i rode with the VR headset, and the headset failed.....so rode blind....ouch)..haven't been on since-
hook13

 
Posts: 19
Joined: May 11th, 2017, 9:14 am

Postby RollingCoasting on July 10th, 2017, 3:01 pm
1. Sit in the back car
2. Sit as tall as possible
3. Keep your head as forward as humanhely possible for the entirety of the ride

You should honestly be fine just sitting anywhere as long as your taller than like... 5 foot 5 or so (So your ears are completely above the harness)
1. Hades 360--2. Raging Bull--3. Goliath (GAm)--4. Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast (STL)--5. Batman: The Ride (GAm)
Image
RollingCoasting

User avatar
 
Posts: 2407
Images: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2013, 5:57 pm
Location: Mount Prospect, IL

Postby hook13 on July 10th, 2017, 8:02 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:1. Sit in the back car
2. Sit as tall as possible
3. Keep your head as forward as humanhely possible for the entirety of the ride

You should honestly be fine just sitting anywhere as long as your taller than like... 5 foot 5 or so (So your ears are completely above the harness)


Thanks! I'll give that a try, i'm 6'2, wife is 5'4, so that explains why she complains even more about the demon- I always keep head smashed back against the rest...except for that nightmare of a VR ride last fall-
hook13

 
Posts: 19
Joined: May 11th, 2017, 9:14 am

Postby JaminOut on July 10th, 2017, 11:09 pm
^Being taller than 6' makes riding more difficult. Either your legs are to long to properly fit into the car or your shoulders are jammed against the shoulder restraint. In my case, both are true :(


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

User avatar
 
Posts: 551
Joined: August 12th, 2015, 8:58 pm
Location: Germantown, WI

Postby coasterfanatic on July 12th, 2017, 1:19 am
Here's my take on everything:

Honestly, I am not sure where the V2 rumors started, but from the sounds of it, it seems like those rumors began here in the forum. I do not think V2 is in jeopardy. I do not think Giant Drop is in jeopardy either unless they replace it with a more modern and slightly taller version (remember, they can't go over 300 feet cause of the airport).

I think Buccaneer Battle will be next to go or King Chaos with Demon being the next coaster to go. BB is open 3 hours day when it is open (it had been closed because of a fire, not sure if its re-opened since). With Roaring Rapids and the flumes, it's just not getting the popularity and you can tell the park is slowly giving up on it.

Demon just seems like the next to go, coaster wise. I was at the park yesterday and while it wasn't a very busy day. My cousin and I were the ONLY ones on Demon. Had the whole train to ourselves. It gets busy for FF because of the theming. It's time is coming to an end though.

King Chaos will go because I think the park is slowly giving up on Mardi Gras. Thought Joker would go in the MG section but it didn't (even though themeing fits perfectly), leaving just Balloons and KC left in that part of the park.

Everything else I think is safe for a while. Personally, I think Eagle is one of the best WOODEN (not hyrbid) coasters in the country. It's not really that rough for being over 35 years old. Could it get an RMC treatment down the road? Certainly, but them FULLY painting it guarantees its not going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

Nothing last forever of course, and things have to come down for new stuff to go up. I think all the new rides are safe from a short life. X Flight Goliath JL and Joker all seem like good investments that will maintain solid ridership for quite some time.

X Flight, like Superman, has complex trains, which is the main reason why it's down a lot. It was running one train yesterday.

An upgrade of Camp Cartoon or something with that could be an option too. Don't really see the flumes going away. Still pretty popular. Water park is solid as it is. Don't expect much change there.
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 105
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby American Eagle 1981 on July 14th, 2017, 2:57 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Here's my take on everything:

Honestly, I am not sure where the V2 rumors started, but from the sounds of it, it seems like those rumors began here in the forum. I do not think V2 is in jeopardy. I do not think Giant Drop is in jeopardy either unless they replace it with a more modern and slightly taller version (remember, they can't go over 300 feet cause of the airport).

I think Buccaneer Battle will be next to go or King Chaos with Demon being the next coaster to go. BB is open 3 hours day when it is open (it had been closed because of a fire, not sure if its re-opened since). With Roaring Rapids and the flumes, it's just not getting the popularity and you can tell the park is slowly giving up on it.

Demon just seems like the next to go, coaster wise. I was at the park yesterday and while it wasn't a very busy day. My cousin and I were the ONLY ones on Demon. Had the whole train to ourselves. It gets busy for FF because of the theming. It's time is coming to an end though.

King Chaos will go because I think the park is slowly giving up on Mardi Gras. Thought Joker would go in the MG section but it didn't (even though themeing fits perfectly), leaving just Balloons and KC left in that part of the park.

Everything else I think is safe for a while. Personally, I think Eagle is one of the best WOODEN (not hyrbid) coasters in the country. It's not really that rough for being over 35 years old. Could it get an RMC treatment down the road? Certainly, but them FULLY painting it guarantees its not going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

Nothing last forever of course, and things have to come down for new stuff to go up. I think all the new rides are safe from a short life. X Flight Goliath JL and Joker all seem like good investments that will maintain solid ridership for quite some time.

X Flight, like Superman, has complex trains, which is the main reason why it's down a lot. It was running one train yesterday.

An upgrade of Camp Cartoon or something with that could be an option too. Don't really see the flumes going away. Still pretty popular. Water park is solid as it is. Don't expect much change there.


YES! I totally agree on Eagle being one of the best wooden coasters in America. It's one of only two Intamin woodies in The U.S, the other being El Toro, and it opened over 20 years before, super great statistically and gives a phenomenal ride still.
American Eagle 1981

 
Posts: 28
Joined: August 10th, 2016, 10:04 am

Postby UWW-10 on July 15th, 2017, 10:24 am
Simple answer- When the cost to maintain and upkeep surpasses the daily running cost.

Within the next 5-10 years, I would not be surprised to see more of the Marriott-era rides bite the dust.
UWW-10

User avatar
 
Posts: 428
Joined: January 10th, 2007, 10:38 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Postby JimPanky on August 24th, 2017, 10:27 pm
Would cutting the flumes help or would the water make the space difficult for other attractions on the space?
JimPanky

User avatar
 
Posts: 974
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:55 pm
Location: Posen, IL

Postby American Eagle 1981 on August 26th, 2017, 1:20 pm
JimPanky wrote:Would cutting the flumes help or would the water make the space difficult for other attractions on the space?

I'm probably don't know anymore than you, but I would think if the flumes left and they kept the water that they would easily be able to construct on it.
American Eagle 1981

 
Posts: 28
Joined: August 10th, 2016, 10:04 am

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.

cron