Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Here's what I would like to see for food services

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby LordMagnus101 on May 6th, 2017, 12:51 pm
1 Order and pay for food via app
2 Get notification when the order is ready
3 Pick up your order from the location.

They could trial this at some locations. I would love it especially if some locations were entirely order ahead only. Possibly they could even make this a perk of the dining pass. It's time for Six Flags to use tech to improve visitor experience.
LordMagnus101

Postby RollingCoasting on May 6th, 2017, 1:54 pm
I want to see some self-pay kiosks in some of our indoor restaurants. (I thought they said at NCC that we were going to get some but I guess not for eateries?)

Here's an example of them from CGA: (Picture credit goes to California Coaster Kings)

You either select dining pass or a single day meal (I don't think we offer a one-day dining pass though)

The screen would tell you how many meals you have left on the pass I assume

Very simple and time efficient
RollingCoasting

Postby dlmtechnology on May 6th, 2017, 10:08 pm
I just want waffle fries that are hot when I sit down to eat. Hell I'll settle for warm

How about a go fresh menu that matches St Louis. Would love a strawberry blue cheese chicken spinach salad

Bulk condiments available instead ketchup in packets were you have to beg for more than three packets!
dlmtechnology

Postby Jodon on May 8th, 2017, 8:59 am
After visiting many parks over the last few years, I've realized SFGAm's food offerings are incredibly generic. In my opinion, there is not one signature item at the park and usually, the park's food options range from bad to mediocre. There is not one item in the park that I feel is a must try for visitors, which is a shame, and a missed opportunity.

It feels to me that SFGAm management is satisfied with the bare minimum. Look at the revamp of Angelo's. They could have completely redesigned the menu along with the restaurant, but instead, they did minor revisions to the seating area, installed a new queue, hung a cheesy small sign, and kept the menu the same.

Good Job, Good Effort, SFGAm.
Jodon

Postby LordMagnus101 on May 8th, 2017, 11:01 am
The kiosk is interesting unless I have to wait in line to use it. All it takes is one super slow family of people to grind a line to a halt.

Good to know they are at least considering their options though. I don't know about everyone else, but I wouldn't mind the park forgoing a new attraction one year and spend the entire time upgrading its food operations.

They do seem to be satisfied with the bare minimum...and its probably because the people in the park are going to dole out the money regardless.
LordMagnus101

Postby Carlo on May 9th, 2017, 10:14 pm
Bare minimum will help the meet there quota in the short term but in the long run they will lose customers due to lack of quality. I know of several people who had the dinning plan last year and now deiced to skip it because of the lack of quality in the food and the service they get.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby diggerg56 on May 14th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Speaking of offerings (and the generic nature) you would think they would offer a true "Chicago Dog" or "Chicago Style Pizza" somewhere. That would be good for a start.
My go to place "JB's Barbeque and Sports Bar" was a disaster in terms of operations yesterday. At least with kiosks people could screw up their ownb orders instead of having the staff do it like yesterday. I saw no less than five groups of people right after it openbed for the day that had messed up orders. One poor guy and his son sitting close to where I was had to go back to the counter three different times to ask where there order was after it got screwed up the first time. I know it's early inb the season but punching the right buttons on the touchscreens isn't that difficult.

I don't remember if they had the calories on the menu boards last year but it's scary to see the calories in the Nacho Grande thing. 2300! Ouch.
"Heavily medicated for your safety"
diggerg56

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 15th, 2017, 10:20 pm
Jodon wrote:After visiting many parks over the last few years, I've realized SFGAm's food offerings are incredibly generic. In my opinion, there is not one signature item at the park and usually, the park's food options range from bad to mediocre. There is not one item in the park that I feel is a must try for visitors, which is a shame, and a missed opportunity.

Couldn't agree with everybody here. Our options are extremely generic with nothing fantastic. They should really look into expanding the menu for more variety.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby sixflagsgurneeboy on June 28th, 2017, 4:47 pm
I would LOVE to see this at sfgam. The way it is now is making me want to go back to leaving the park because it's doesn't seem worth it even with the dining pass.

RollingCoasting wrote:I want to see some self-pay kiosks in some of our indoor restaurants. (I thought they said at NCC that we were going to get some but I guess not for eateries?)

Here's an example of them from CGA: (Picture credit goes to California Coaster Kings)

You either select dining pass or a single day meal (I don't think we offer a one-day dining pass though)

The screen would tell you how many meals you have left on the pass I assume

Very simple and time efficient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sixflagsgurneeboy

Postby FParker185 on June 28th, 2017, 11:51 pm
Seeing at anyone who has a dining pass has already paid for their food and has no recourse, what incentive does the park have to do anything to improve the system?
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 29th, 2017, 1:32 pm
I would also like to be able to upgrade some of the "base" meals: I'm sorry but a single burger along with fries just doesn't "fill my thrill" :lol: I would like to pay the difference to upgrade to a double or triple burger!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Necropolis on July 26th, 2017, 10:52 pm
doubleb wrote:1) Staff the food location
2) Staff that actually seem like they have any desire to do their job
3) After 1 &2 you have a chance to do anything else people have mentioned. However, since it's SF they will bungle it.

I agree with number 2 bigtime. I understand that it's just a temporary gig for not much money but that doesn't mean food service employees have to act or serve customers based on how much you get paid. At the same time, it doesn't help if customers act entitled which I can see happening especially with parents who have to spend all their time and energy watching their kids who probably go awol at Six Flags. Pair that with heat and walking around for a long time and people get irritable easily.

Anyway, whenever I buy food from the park, some of the food service employees seem like they have an 'I don't care' attitude and just do it because they don't want to lose their job. I will usually thank them but I never hear anything back or even get greeted. Some just look at me me and don't say anything like an automated zombie. One of the things that turns me off when I go out anywhere are undedicated or miserable looking employees.
Last edited by Necropolis on July 27th, 2017, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necropolis

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 27th, 2017, 12:57 pm
Necropolis wrote:
doubleb wrote:1) Staff the food location
2) Staff that actually seem like they have any desire to do their job
3) After 1 &2 you have a chance to do anything else people have mentioned. However, since it's SF they will bungle it.

I agree with number 2 bigtime. I understand that it's just a temporary gig for not much money but that doesn't mean food service employees have to act or serve customers based on how much you get paid. At the same time, it doesn't help if customers act entitled which I can see happening especially with parents who have to spend all their time and energy watching their kids who probably go awol at Six Flags. Pair that with heat and walking around for a long time and people get irritable easily.

Anyway, whenever I buy food from the park, some of the food service employees seem like they have an 'I don't care' attitude and just do it because they don't want to do their job. I will usually thank them but I never hear anything back or even get greeted. Some just look at me me and don't say anything like an automated zombie. One of the things that turns me off when I go out anywhere are undedicated or miserable looking employees.

Customer service is vastly underrated! I used to work at a concession stand 30 years ago and would always greet the customers politely and be friendly. Customers remember that. I also used to work at grocery store in H.S. and college. I gave the same quality customer service there as well. One thing I learned at the grocery store is that the customers had alternative places to shop. Thus, customer service was essential. Perhaps at our park, there is no "alternative" for food except bringing your own. But that's an alternative nevertheless. I think it's very important for teens/college kids to learn how to treat and interact with customers. Those types of skills will be very important for later in life.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Necropolis on July 27th, 2017, 10:38 pm
^ Well said, very true in all aspects!

The employee's poor attitudes paired with high prices is what I think drives (no pun) many to leave the park for lunch and come back. I am one of those who leaves and comes back during our lunch period. We'll usually go to Jimmy Johns or Burger King or Subway. We try to keep it healthy but BK is right there :lol: But yeah, back on track here, I'm thinking maybe these food service employees just want to move the line as fast as possible so they don't interact with customers just to get everyone in an out especially at a place like Six Flags that has hundreds of people attend over the summer. Still, that doesn't excuse at least a 'Hello' and 'Thank You'. Don't wanna rant but ya get me :)
Necropolis

Postby stockboy300 on August 5th, 2017, 12:57 pm
I Used this at Cedar Point this year. I thought it worked pretty good. I wouldn't mind if we implemented this at our park!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby RollingCoasting on August 21st, 2017, 3:33 pm
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... tart=17740 (Might need to scroll down)

Great Adventure is currently installing the self-order kiosks. Hope this is brought out to more parks in the chain
RollingCoasting

Postby anewman35 on August 21st, 2017, 4:27 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54313&start=17740 (Might need to scroll down)

Great Adventure is currently installing the self-order kiosks. Hope this is brought out to more parks in the chain

I'd give up on a new ride to get those in every location for next year. I'm not joking.
anewman35

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 21st, 2017, 9:33 pm
^ I would too along with more Coca Cola freestyles :wink:
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on August 24th, 2017, 10:32 pm

It's Christmas in August! In Strutter's and JB's, according to Cody Weathersby and Rebecca Rieger on Facebook

Only thing that sucks is that there's no dining pass option currently
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 25th, 2017, 10:39 am
anewman35 wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54313&start=17740 (Might need to scroll down)

I'd give up on a new ride to get those in every location for next year. I'm not joking.

You can't be serious?? I do like the water refill stations, but I've seen kids/teens putting their MOUTH under there and pretty much touching the spigot!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on August 25th, 2017, 12:57 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
anewman35 wrote:

You can't be serious?? I do like the water refill stations, but I've seen kids/teens putting their MOUTH under there and pretty much touching the spigot!

Ok, I was half joking. But a new ride (especially if it's something too scary for my kids) is something I may only do a few times a season. I get food three times each visit. So, yes, I'd give up a Jew ride (some new rides, at least) to make every visit more pleasant.
anewman35

Postby Jodon on August 25th, 2017, 1:19 pm
^ You might want to edit your last post...
Jodon

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 28th, 2017, 10:41 pm
Big fan of the food overhaul lately. Midway Munchies plus self order kiosks, I'm very pleased at the moment.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2018, 9:44 am
Dippin Dots should be on the dining plan. I don't think we have shakes on the dining plan. The park doesn't have big ice cream waffle cones. In 2019, Six Flags St. Louis even has a dole whip thing. Six Flags St. Louis has all of these on the dining plan, and Great America has NONE of these. Great America FAIL.

Even Great Adventure has regular ice cream soft served cones that are called Flavor Burst, and you can get at least 8 different flavors. https://www.taylorarizona.com/flavor-burst/equipment/ This is what the machine looks like.

The park doesn't even have sweet tea with the refillable drink bottle. Mcdonald's has sweet tea. Fuddrucker's has sweet tea. Boston Market has sweet tea. Wendy's has sweet tea. White Castle has sweet tea. Steak N Shake has sweet tea. Popeye's has sweet tea. Rainforest Cafe has sweet tea. Disney World has sweet tea. The #1 brand of food (Mcdonald's) in America has sweet tea, and Great America doesn't? Doesn't make one bit of sense.

If my family wouldn't get this thing, I would never buy this dining plan thing. If I lived at Six Flags St. Louis, I might buy it there. It's so much better. Than, you wait 40 minutes for food all the time. Time is money, and you waste a lot of time at Six Flags waiting in the food lines.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 16th, 2018, 10:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on August 16th, 2018, 9:59 am
What I would like to see is some faster food service before anything else. You can't be waiting in line for 40 minutes for some mediocre burger and fries. Unacceptable.
IssaCoaster

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum