Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on March 2nd, 2017, 9:30 pm
I'd love to see a Wonder Woman ride. My dream would be to see it do an inversion over the front gate!
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JaminOut on March 2nd, 2017, 9:57 pm
I honestly do not love the trend of constantly adding D.C. themed rides to the Six Flags parks. There's no originality. It's one of the reasons I like Cedar Fair more. You aren't being bombarded with cartoon sponsorships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on March 2nd, 2017, 10:18 pm
Well, they make more money by using D.C. themes. Believe me, I'd love to see more generic themed coasters, but it doesn't seem like that's what's going to happen. I'm not a huge fan of comic themed rides either, but I'm a bit more lenient than I use to be. I was really disappointed by the announcement of Justice League: Battle for Metropolis but after riding it I thought it was fantastic and a wonderful addition to the park. I do like SOME of the DC themes. Mr. Freeze, Riddler, and Lex Luthor for example, but there's also a select few that I would rather not see come to our park like Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and The Joker. The third of which obviously is coming into play, which I'm not too thrilled about, but theme aside, I am moderately excited for the actual coaster opening, though more so for The Lobster XD. Anyways, while I'd prefer generic themes, I am okay with DC themes as long as the ride itself is good. For example, I wouldn't mind if we got a Wonder Woman themed Zamperla Giant Discovery. (But I WOULD like it more with a generic theme :P)

BTW Ben, Looney Tunes > Charlie Brown ;)
RollingCoasting

Postby Jacklw6499 on March 3rd, 2017, 12:01 am
I found that survey interesting, especially how it compared a Wonder Women Coaster vs. Justice League. We already have the dark ride so I don't know why they would do a coaster though... maybe for a different park that doesn't have the dark ride.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby RollingCoasting on March 3rd, 2017, 1:04 am
Yeah, it was just one of those universal surveys they send to everyone in the Survey Panel, so the coaster remark was not directed towards us specifically. I definitely agree that it was rather peculiar. If I remember correctly, one of the questions was literally "Do you think a Wonder Woman coaster or a Justice League coaster would have more turns and flips?" I mean, I get that it was geared towards the general public and not coaster enthusiasts per say, but certain bits sounded like they were written by an eight year old, lol. I think the point of the survey was to see which characters were most recognized/liked by the general public. I feel like the purpose of the Wonder Woman/Justice League coaster questions was to see if people would see a Wonder Woman themed coaster as a more inferior and less intimidating/interesting/marketable ride than the JL one or not. Makes sense
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on March 3rd, 2017, 3:07 am
Am I the only one who wants a Harley Quinn character at the park? Either Comic Book (Red & Black) or Movie (Hot)
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Jacklw6499 on March 3rd, 2017, 9:42 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Yeah, it was just one of those universal surveys they send to everyone in the Survey Panel, so the coaster remark was not directed towards us specifically. I definitely agree that it was rather peculiar. If I remember correctly, one of the questions was literally "Do you think a Wonder Woman coaster or a Justice League coaster would have more turns and flips?" I mean, I get that it was geared towards the general public and not coaster enthusiasts per say, but certain bits sounded like they were written by an eight year old, lol. I think the point of the survey was to see which characters were most recognized/liked by the general public. I feel like the purpose of the Wonder Woman/Justice League coaster questions was to see if people would see a Wonder Woman themed coaster as a more inferior and less intimidating/interesting/marketable ride than the JL one or not. Makes sense

Yeah I think you're absolutely right. The Justice League ride is somewhat marketable I think because of all the characters involved - Joker, Batman and Superman are all recognizable characters. Plus, all of the dark rides have seemed to do well with the GP. I completely agree that Six Flags is trying to figure out if a solo Wonder Women ride would be marketable. I think that if the movie does well later this year, there is a good possibility for a ride being themed to that. But yes, some of those questions also seemed like they were written by an eight year old. :lol:
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby Coaster Justin on March 3rd, 2017, 12:24 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:
RollingCoasting wrote:Yeah, it was just one of those universal surveys they send to everyone in the Survey Panel, so the coaster remark was not directed towards us specifically. I definitely agree that it was rather peculiar. If I remember correctly, one of the questions was literally "Do you think a Wonder Woman coaster or a Justice League coaster would have more turns and flips?" I mean, I get that it was geared towards the general public and not coaster enthusiasts per say, but certain bits sounded like they were written by an eight year old, lol. I think the point of the survey was to see which characters were most recognized/liked by the general public. I feel like the purpose of the Wonder Woman/Justice League coaster questions was to see if people would see a Wonder Woman themed coaster as a more inferior and less intimidating/interesting/marketable ride than the JL one or not. Makes sense

Yeah I think you're absolutely right. The Justice League ride is somewhat marketable I think because of all the characters involved - Joker, Batman and Superman are all recognizable characters. Plus, all of the dark rides have seemed to do well with the GP. I completely agree that Six Flags is trying to figure out if a solo Wonder Women ride would be marketable. I think that if the movie does well later this year, there is a good possibility for a ride being themed to that. But yes, some of those questions also seemed like they were written by an eight year old. :lol:

Well they renamed a ride to Wonder Woman at SFMM in 2011 and are debuting 2 Woman Woman rides in 2017. I think Six Flags' believes that a Wonder Woman ride will work. Now what can they do for PowerGirl? :wink:

Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on March 4th, 2017, 12:18 am
I would love a major Wonder Woman attraction. I think she's iconic & recognizeable. I said in the survey that a powerful ride themed to a woman is much needed for the park. For more women, I think Poison Ivy & Catwoman would be pretty great. As for other villains, Mr. Freeze would be incredible. But I'm really thinking that simply based on the two equally fantastic launched coasters the chain has. Both are so damn good but I do like the character himself.
gottastrata33

Postby Mr. D.T. on March 4th, 2017, 10:17 am
I have this funny idea about what they could do to re-modify a ride: they could convert Sky Trek Tower to a drop ride that has seats encircling the tower, similar to the one at King's Island. The ride could rotate counter-clockwise until it reaches the top, then go for its slow descent (not) to the ground.
R.I.P. Splashwater Falls and Space Shuttle America. Deja Vu, enjoy Idaho.

Hear ye, hear ye: "After 45 years, Six Flags has stopped smoking."
Mr. D.T.

Postby gottastrata33 on March 4th, 2017, 1:43 pm
A slow descent?
gottastrata33

Postby FParker185 on March 4th, 2017, 10:20 pm
Heide Park converted one of it's Super Gyro Towers into a Roto Drop.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby great america fan on March 8th, 2017, 12:12 pm
Some minor things I hope they add to the park is that the lobster gets a new ride pad and does not reuse orbits old concrete, Triple Plays new exit that they poured last year is finally used, firehouse pizza is actually used, and some of the buildings in Yukon territory are repainted.
great america fan

Postby Coaster Justin on March 8th, 2017, 4:43 pm
great america fan wrote:Some minor things I hope they add to the park is that the lobster gets a new ride pad and does not reuse orbits old concrete, Triple Plays new exit that they poured last year is finally used, firehouse pizza is actually used, and some of the buildings in Yukon territory are repainted.

Amen about Firehouse Pizza. Strutter's isn't more popular than Aunt Martha's, It just seems that way cause food ops are slower & Firehouse Pizza is closed 1/4 of the year.

Sorry about the Strutter's comment, Inside story.

Coaster Justin

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 9th, 2017, 4:47 pm
Eagle is beginning to lose more old paint.

I didn't get a pic, but the Red Train is back on the transfer.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby great america fan on March 9th, 2017, 7:07 pm
New survey today about games here's the highlights
ImageImageImage
great america fan

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 9th, 2017, 7:34 pm
If they have VR as a separate attraction, I'd be a happy man

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby MrsTaxi on March 9th, 2017, 11:14 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Eagle is beginning to lose more old paint.

I didn't get a pic, but the Red Train is back on the transfer.

Red train is out already? :D This makes me very happy. Does drop have it's cars on?
MrsTaxi

Postby Goku1910 on March 10th, 2017, 1:27 am
Don't forget paint was being scraped off for repaint. This will take several years to finish.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 14th, 2017, 3:59 pm
Am I the only one that didn't get this survey??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 14th, 2017, 4:25 pm
Nope, I'm supposedly on the board as well, but I never get jack.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on March 14th, 2017, 6:47 pm
Same, I think I signed up for it around the end of 2012 and got a ton of surveys up until 2016 when I stopped getting them all of a sudden
RollingCoasting

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on March 14th, 2017, 10:03 pm
I did not get it until yesterday and my mom didn't get it at all. It was honesty a waste of time.
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on March 14th, 2017, 10:03 pm
I did not get it until yesterday and my mom didn't get it at all. It was honesty a waste of time.
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 16th, 2017, 9:48 am
https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/s ... ew-weekend

Your favorite place is opening for a Sneak Preview Weekend!

Join us for a thrilling weekend preview of the park Friday, April 14 - Sunday, April 16! This is a weekend you won't want to miss. Be the first to ride all of your favorite coasters and get a taste of what this summer will have in store for you.

Something for everyone!

From thrillseeking coaster lovers to folks that like to keep their feet planted on the ground we have something for everyone. Thrillseekers can take a ride on the record breaking Goliath or take in the sights on Sky Trek Tower.

Ride availability subject to change.

Hours will be 10:30-6:00 Friday and Saturday and 12:00-6:00 on Easter.
DejaVu2001

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum