Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RollingCoasting on January 29th, 2017, 9:13 pm
^ I think there should be a new one to avoid confusion, but it might get locked :|
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 29th, 2017, 9:32 pm
I think we all mutually agree that this is the 2018 topic now. Besides, I don't really see the point in locking speculation topics. It doesn't affect the park's decision, it doesn't damage anyone/anything, and it gives us something to talk about.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 29th, 2017, 9:54 pm
Well, for 2018 I'm hoping to see rides get repainted. Dameon did say there were many rides on the list to get painted at the No Coaster Con. EDIT: As for which ones, I would hope Superman, Demon, and finish AE
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on January 29th, 2017, 10:13 pm
I asked Ben to change the topic title to 2018, so expect that later
----

Anyways, like in the 2017 topic I'm going to make 4 predictions as to what the new attraction is. (I actually called Joker in that post)

1. Water coaster in Hurricane Harbor
2. New slide complex and possible Skull Island retheme/expansion in Hurricane Harbor
3. Flat pack consisting of a Larson Superloop by X-Flight Coke OR in King Chao's spot, SkyScreamer in Sky Trail's spot, and Zamperla Endeavour in Buccaneer Battle's excess queue.
4. Flat pack consisting of a Zamperla Giant Discovery (in V2's spot), Zamperla Giant Air Race (Sky Trail's spot), and Zamperla Disk'o, Larson Superloop, OR Zamperla Hawk in Trailblazer's old spot

I wouldn't rule out a night show either since it'd be a similar distance between Glow in the Park and igNight: Grand Finale or Demon makeover with new trains

My predictions for closures

If 1. is correct, Bahama Mama and Bubba Tuba or Pictorium
If 2. is correct, than nothing
If 3. is correct, possibly King Chaos. Maybe Revolution
If 4. is correct, V2. Maybe Revolution

I also think the VR fad will ware off after 2017 and Backwards AE will return in 2018
RollingCoasting

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on January 29th, 2017, 10:44 pm
I am going to try something different. This year, I will make 3 predictions, one now, one in the middle of summer, and one the week/night of the announcement. Thi way I will be able to see if my prediction changes as the season continues.
Prediction #1 - Proslide Water Coaster
Six Flags is showing us that they are still interested in these as they are putting in the one at SFFt this year. If that one does as well as I think it will, this should be a perfect match for the park. We have gone quite a few years without a water park attraction and I think it is time for a nice HH expansion. A water coaster is like the only key role that it is missing. Once that void is filled, the park will be and feel much for complete. As for location, look at the picture below. If they are able to sandwich it between the lazy river and spray ground, they should only have to take out seating areas. This area should be enough to build a pretty awesome custom water coaster. Just for kicks, I recently measured to see if Kentucky Kingdom's water coaster could fit there. It is a little long, but has quite a bit of width still to work with. Stay tuned for prediction #2 probably in July!
Thanks,
Whiz
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 29th, 2017, 11:22 pm
It seems like Six Flags added Batman to FT and then saw how it did. Then they added one at GAd and 3 others parks including us. I hope this will continue with the water coaster as well. So maybe in 2019? I hope 2018 though.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on January 30th, 2017, 11:08 am
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on January 30th, 2017, 5:15 pm
You know, that Skywarp actually seems like a good use of space for King Chao's spot. :) While I'm unsure if the capacity is an improvement from KC, I bet it'd require less maintenance

In my opinion, this is the order in which areas of the park could use a new ride.

1.Mardi Gras - With Ragin' Cajun and Jester's Wild Ride gone, much of the area's theming is now absent and let's be honest.. it kind of looks like a mess. I was really hoping it'd get a DC expansion/retheme in 2017 but we all know how that played out... . A new flat ride or 2 and possibly a retheme of Roaring Rapids could definitely restore the area to it's former glory

2. Yukon Territory - Undoubtedly one of the park's ugliest areas, it needs help. I'm not saying the Go-Karts should be removed (Yet), but a Giant Discovery or any other type of major flat ride would greatly improve the area. I suggested a while back using the space behind Cartoon Cabin which is still a possibility, but like Goku pointed out the park might not want to spend money to make modifications to the pool

3. Southwest Territory - I mean, it doesn't NEED anything new, but it hasn't got anything in the 21st century lol. Plus they already have Trailblazer's spot up and ready for a compact flat

Of course it'd be much easier to just fill the empty voids in the park than make new ones, I just think the more obvious spots (County Fair) have received enough investments in the past couple of years. We do know though,that GAm likes to play the move around game, so if they wanted to add a large flat to one side of the park maybe they'd move something to an empty space to make room.
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 30th, 2017, 6:44 pm
Does the park use the Wilderness Theater a lot? I wish they'd tear it down to build some type of flat.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on January 30th, 2017, 6:49 pm
I believe they do Dance/Cheer stuff in there in the spring.
Thanks,
Whiz
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on January 30th, 2017, 9:39 pm
The park still uses Wilderness Theater, although not as frequent as other venues. It would be optimal land for Camp Cartoon expansion, but idk if the park wants to remove yet another theater. We're already losing so many.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on January 30th, 2017, 10:23 pm
My (wishful) solution to this was to remove Wilderness for Camp Cartoon expansison, remove Mooseburger's outdoor seating and replace it with a small outdoor theater (Slightly bigger stage than the current one standing there with expanded seating), and convert Mooseburger into a 2-story restaurant like Moosejaw at the Dells and give it a cabin-like feel
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on January 31st, 2017, 2:48 am
Yeah, you had that right - the go karts do need to be removed. One of the worst decisions the park made right after saving such a great piece of Chicago history, forcing LD to sit next an equivalent of trash.

ALL RIGHT HERE COME ALL MY CRAZY IDEAS AT ONCE

Hurricane Harbor expansion - This is needed, its due, however you wanna put it. However, before I go into anything, the highest capacity raft slides do not need to go! We have a great portfolio from Proslide & we're missing a great water coaster. Idk who here has been on Wildebeest &/Mammoth at HW but they are the two most insane water slides I've ever been on. We'd be privileged to have one half that great.

Flat - I don't mind the skywarp & at this point I wouldn't mind the super loop actually. Anything to spread more people out, I'm down with. As many say, as long as it's not marketed as a coaster I'm down. I would love to see a Disko-"coaster" though. Pipe scream looks great at CP, & Surf Dog looks great at KI. It's a great family addition I'd be thrilled to have here. Other than that - THE GREAT AMERICAN SKYSCREAMER! Jeez, were like the only park without one haha. I'm sure it'll only be a 200-250ft model but if they could just tap that 300-330ft ceiling, that would be fantastic! Sucks that we can't get the tallest one cause what a talk up they could do with that one. Either way, they're kinda scary & fun even at 100ft tall.

Family/Kiddie area expansions - 1. Tear out Gokarts. Turn that area into Kiddie Land with a couple flats & mini train to compliment Little Dipper. You know, basically what it was but A better decision this time. & hello Kiddieland?! Just makes great sense.
2. A redo of Kidzopolis into a Looney Tunes circus area. I think that would be cute. Use the "Krazy Kars" (god that's a horrible name lol) for a small kiddie coaster themed to Tweety or Taz, a character that deserves a little love. I think a Circus re theme of the area isn't only nostalgic but clever with the tent area, a good use of space. 3. The plot across from Hometown park could use a little thrill seekers in training family coaster. With it being right next to Demon, call it the little Devil. Have a hill top mini sign like Demon, same font & paint the ride black. So basically a little baby Demon, a devil haha.

Roller coasters - (Without a realistic mindset or time frame) the much desired Giga coaster. I think we could also use a B&M dive coaster. It's a fun thrilling attraction that is great for both riders & onlookers & a much needed capacity dream. I think we could use two new family & kiddie coasters (explained above). Some kind of full circuit launch coaster. While I'm obsessed with Full Throttle, I also would love to see an Intamin Ferrari Land giga accelerator. It's no KK/TTD but it's still massive. Yes, I'm really pushy to hit that height limit, it's 2017!

Add ons - build actual Coca-cola freestyle buildings, repaint a couple attractions where it's needed, plant more trees when trees are taken out. More gardens/greenery to add to that. Fix theming that has been added but hasn't worked properly such as XF mist on the yellow jacket for example. Some bathroom remodels, one at a time. Another redo of our awful entrance with the same system it has now. It works but wth it's just so hideous. SFNE & SFAm for gods sake have these beautiful classic/colonial American entrances that Great AMERICA should have.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on January 31st, 2017, 1:53 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby RollingCoasting on January 31st, 2017, 3:04 pm
^ Throw in 2 new flats and you've got a great Mardi Gras revival. Maybe even retheme Superman and TDK and shift the D.C. Focus towards Yankee Harbor and Metropolis Plaza.
RollingCoasting

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 4th, 2017, 2:59 pm
What could be the next ride to get VR? As stated at NCC a new ride will have it. I predict Batman
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RollingCoasting on February 4th, 2017, 4:21 pm
I hope it stays on Demon. If it goes on Batman that's 2 years in a row where I didn't ride it :evil:
RollingCoasting

Postby DejaVu2001 on February 4th, 2017, 5:03 pm
If they must have VR, they should put it on V2. I have absolutely no objection to not riding V2 :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby jmanporty7 on February 4th, 2017, 5:04 pm
If it goes on batman or an other coaster besides demon I'm going to be pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby RollingCoasting on February 4th, 2017, 5:40 pm
I can see it happening on Batman, I just really, really, don't want it to

Stuff I can see VR coming on:
Demon Already proven effective
Viper Pretty decent ride length so if the crews worked hard enough the waiting times wouldn't be completely awful
Goliath Nobody wants this, but Medusa Steel Coaster is getting it (Today, in fact) so it can't be ruled out
Batman: The Ride It has decent capacity, and would definitely be interesting for sure. Plus crowds are already in the area because of The Joker. But again, nobody wants this

Maybe:
V2 Would make the ride experience slightly more interesting, capacity would be awful though.
X-Flight Not the worst candidate, but there would be long waits on the brake run for sure
American Eagle I mean it already opens one side late, plus it's usually a walk-on because of the great capacity.
Giant Drop SFFT (Or SFNE, can't remember) is getting VR on their drop tower. While GD isn't launched, they could still use VR to enhance the trip up.
Raging Bull The only reason I'm not ruling it out is because it almost happened. Otherwise, the line would be absolutely atrocious and with 3 trains the stacking would be nearly unmanageable considering how poorly VR seems to be working operations wise

Not Happening:
Joker It's new...
TDK This one's self-explanatory
Superman: Ultimate Flight One word: Stacking
Whizzer They w(sh)ouldn't ruin a family ride like this
Spacely's Sprocket Rockets....................
Little Dipper
RollingCoasting

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on February 4th, 2017, 5:55 pm
I have to agree with the exception of Eagle. While I would hate to see it, it would be incredibly easy for them to designate one side for VR (hopefully Blue) and keep the other side running normally. Would it race, probably not, but they would still be able to have an average rider throughput and VR. A win, win situation (In their book).
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 4th, 2017, 7:20 pm
I wouldn't be surprised seeing red side VR and blue side normal.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 4th, 2017, 11:28 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I can see it happening on Batman, I just really, really, don't want it to

Stuff I can see VR coming on:
Demon Already proven effective
Viper Pretty decent ride length so if the crews worked hard enough the waiting times wouldn't be completely awful
Goliath Nobody wants this, but Medusa Steel Coaster is getting it (Today, in fact) so it can't be ruled out
Batman: The Ride It has decent capacity, and would definitely be interesting for sure. Plus crowds are already in the area because of The Joker. But again, nobody wants this

Maybe:
V2 Would make the ride experience slightly more interesting, capacity would be awful though.
X-Flight Not the worst candidate, but there would be long waits on the brake run for sure
American Eagle I mean it already opens one side late, plus it's usually a walk-on because of the great capacity.
Giant Drop SFFT (Or SFNE, can't remember) is getting VR on their drop tower. While GD isn't launched, they could still use VR to enhance the trip up.
Raging Bull The only reason I'm not ruling it out is because it almost happened. Otherwise, the line would be absolutely atrocious and with 3 trains the stacking would be nearly unmanageable considering how poorly VR seems to be working operations wise

Not Happening:
Joker It's new...
TDK This one's self-explanatory
Superman: Ultimate Flight One word: Stacking
Whizzer They w(sh)ouldn't ruin a family ride like this
Spacely's Sprocket Rockets....................
Little Dipper

PLEASE, Don't anyone even suggest putting VR on X-Flight! That's just plain WRONG!! IF anything, bring back the fog in the tower and the water cannons (I never rode it with them working). Also, PLEASE Six Flags, do NOT even think about putting VR on Bull or Batman. Put it on Demon or V2 or one side of Eagle.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on February 9th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby ilrider on February 9th, 2017, 5:52 pm
staticshadows wrote:S&S released a video of the Twisted Looper today. Might be a good V2 replacement with 32 seats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSHiubQ8_CA

No offense, but that looks pretty boring, especially compared with V2, and we already have our wing coaster with X-Flight, which I would always choose over this. This ride would seem best for a smaller park with a smaller budget and not a lot of space for bigger coasters. If V2 goes, we really need a full circuit launched coaster to replace it.
ilrider

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum