Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby stergmi on September 15th, 2016, 9:36 am
He's just going to come into every thread picking a fight. He's ruined the Wish List thread already.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 10:13 am
stergmi wrote:He's just going to come into every thread picking a fight. He's ruined the Wish List thread already.

Someone being asked to cite a source for a claim they make is picking a fight to you.. It's called trying to get the correct info if possible Sadly, your mentality of people making up their own facts without sources and crying when they are asked, is why this country is in sad shape. It's why people like Donald Trump are a supposed legit candidate while being a pathological liar. T
bbd

Postby Goku1910 on September 15th, 2016, 11:47 am
Source ≠ Opinion.

Enough said.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 12:18 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:Let's see what Robb Alvey has to say about opinions.

Like Erik said, it's because people have opinions, and that's a good thing! No one's opinion is "wrong", although you might agree with someone, you at least should try to understand and respect their opinion.

For example, I could not imagine how someone could walk away from Balder and not call it their #1 overall coaster. For me it exceeds everything I look for in a ride. But others were just like "meh...whatever." And that's hard for me to understand, but I have to respect it.

Now keep in mind, this thread isn't about stating opinions on rides, it's about wondering why people have opinions. So please try to keep it on topic!

--Robb[/quote]

*Via RollerCoasting on the Robb Alvey forum.

So let schoup have his opinion, and schoup let everyone else have their opinions.

Maybe we should start a fight thread so these little spats don't happen in popular threads.[/quote]

Wrong. He stated for fact how much the coasters cost and others were wrong. He was simply asked for a source. He couldn't, so he tried to switch the topic and deflect. Read the thread. He could just say..I made up the numbers to be purely contrary b/c I'm obsessed with another poster.
bbd

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 15th, 2016, 12:37 pm
Wrong. He stated for fact how much the coasters cost and others were wrong. He was simply asked for a source. He couldn't, so he tried to switch the topic and deflect. Read the thread. He could just say..I made up the numbers to be purely contrary b/c I'm obsessed with another poster.

So I was wrong about bbd = Better Business Decisions -- referring to your expertise in running a theme park and how YOU alone can save SF from all their blunderous ways!!

Could bbd = Buy Bigger Designs -- referring to how we 'need' a 20MM coaster ??

Anyone else have guesses?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 1:07 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

So I was wrong about bbd = Better Business Decisions -- referring to your expertise in running a theme park and how YOU alone can save SF from all their blunderous ways!!

Still simmering I see from when it was pointed out that SF with 3.5M more visitors produces the same revenue as CF. You had no response then or clearly now after claiming how great their mode was. SF should be way ahead of CF on revenue with 3.5M more visitors. Also, since SF capital investments are way lower, they should be way ahead. Of course the model is to build 7m family coasters and deprive people so much that people like you think they are thrill rides. Also, claiming things that aren't coasters are..ie...superloops.
bbd

Postby stergmi on September 15th, 2016, 1:49 pm
bbd wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Still simmering I see from when it was pointed out that SF with 3.5M more visitors produces the same revenue as CF. You had no response then or clearly now after claiming how great their mode was. SF should be way ahead of CF on revenue with 3.5M more visitors. Also, since SF capital investments are way lower, they should be way ahead. Of course the model is to build 7m family coasters and deprive people so much that people like you think they are thrill rides. Also, claiming things that aren't coasters are..ie...superloops.

Cedar Point and Kings Island counts Diskos as coasters...

stergmi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 15th, 2016, 2:09 pm
bbd - if you're so enthralled with how great CP / CF are, then what are you doing on THIS forum??

I think that's a fair question.............
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Wisco Woody on September 15th, 2016, 2:16 pm
Reposting with no remorse:

It's ironic that bbd seems to be so easily offended and triggered, since he used to call people "pearl clutchers" when he was saying under a different name that we would be getting a superloop and knew so from "inside sources".
Wisco Woody

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 2:17 pm
bbd wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Cedar Point and Kings Island counts Diskos as coasters...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/quote]

While not a coaster in an enthusiast mind, Zamperla does market them as such and has them on their coaster section. What is a superloop marketed as by Larson?
bbd

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 15th, 2016, 2:32 pm
As a roller coaster.

http://larsonintl.com/the-22m-giant-loop/

Same with CP and KI's Disk'os:

http://www.zamperla.com/products/disko-coaster/

As you can see, I clearly provided 2 sources. Not 1, but 2! Now go back to TPR, please.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 2:56 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:As a roller coaster.

http://larsonintl.com/the-22m-giant-loop/

Same with CP and KI's Disk'os:

http://www.zamperla.com/products/disko-coaster/

As you can see, I clearly provided 2 sources. Not 1, but 2! Now go back to TPR, please.

LOL. You people are hilarious in your angst. I asked what Larson marketed them as, made no claim. You think you proved me wrong when I asked a question? I already knew how Zamperla marketed. Unlike the people here I will ask a question and see the response when I don't know or feel like looking something up. You foolishly think you scored a "point" in your imaginary battle with me. Please see the psychiatrist soon.
bbd

Postby RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 3:08 pm
More insults I see. Time to PM Galvan again! XD Farewell, schoup, Coaster Insider, bbd, or whoever you are!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 3:22 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:bbd - if you're so enthralled with how great CP / CF are, then what are you doing on THIS forum??

I think that's a fair question.............

Unlike people here i have passes at CF ad SF. People are mainly people who never go to another park, thus have no perspective on theme parks. People on here justify SF uninspired decisions by stating the homer, who never goes anywhere is what SF cares about. That's why SF clones low end and inspired rides. That's why with 3.5M more visitors they have the same revenue.
bbd

Postby Wisco Woody on September 15th, 2016, 3:31 pm
I have both the Six Flags gold pass and Cedar Fair platinum pass. In the past year I have been to Cedar Point, King's Island, Valleyfair, and Michigan's Adventure. The reason Cedar Fair gets more revenue proportional to guests is due to their much worse price gouging, especially at Cedar Point. During hot days in July and August the major coasters are essentially pay per ride since you have to put your drink bottles and any other essentials in an extra charge ride locker. Cedar Fair's price gouging is the stuff of legend.
Wisco Woody

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 3:49 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:I have both the Six Flags gold pass and Cedar Fair platinum pass. In the past year I have been to Cedar Point, King's Island, Valleyfair, and Michigan's Adventure. The reason Cedar Fair gets more revenue proportional to guests is due to their much worse price gouging, especially at Cedar Point. During hot days in July and August the major coasters are essentially pay per ride since you have to put your drink bottles and any other essentials in an extra charge ride locker. Cedar Fair's price gouging is the stuff of legend.

So, the logic is drink bottle storage cost explains why with 3.5M more visitors SF has the same revenue as CF. Hilarious! CF doesn't give away the farm on season passes. $189 for a platinum pass or $130 regular pass to all CF parks is a reasonable price. SF gives away their Gold Pass(CF equivalent) for pittance. They are leaving tons of money on the table with their pricing, especially the 4+ pricing. CF believes they have a premium product and prices it thus. SF doesn't believe they have a premium product and thus prices it that way. SF is marketing to people who will not go to other SF parks and want to use the park as a babysitter over the summer. CF is targeting more of the enthusiast crowd. That explains not only pricing, but their ride selections.
bbd

Postby RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 3:58 pm
bbd wrote:People are mainly people who never go to another park, thus have no perspective on theme parks

There are plenty of enthusiasts who don't go to other parks much (Myself included), and just because we don't get around much doesn't mean we have no viewpoint
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 4:19 pm
Regarding 2017 changes at the park, does anyone know what scrapyard Jester's Wild Ride and Orbit are going to? (I want to guess Cleveland)

I want to see if I can get an Orbit car, similar to how Jon got a piece of Shockwave's track

*Also, 200th post in this thread! Yay
Last edited by RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollingCoasting

Postby jmanporty7 on September 15th, 2016, 4:23 pm
Wait isn't ERC moving to Orbits spot tho? Why would it go to a scrapyard if it's staying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 4:28 pm
Whoops, meant Jester's :oops:
RollingCoasting

Postby staticshadows on September 15th, 2016, 4:33 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby jmanporty7 on September 15th, 2016, 4:37 pm
Honestly, I think the next coaster on the chopping block is V2. And replace it with a Mack pulsar clone, take out the flumes and replace them with a premier launch coaster. I feel like I say this way to much on these forums I'm sorry lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 4:42 pm
Why would Jester go to a scrap heap? It's not nearly as old as orbit. Built in 2004 and looked to be in good shape. It could be relocated or more likely sold to a smaller/family owned park
bbd

Postby Mean Streaker on September 15th, 2016, 6:00 pm
What's happening to Kidzopolis stage? Was the construction for fright fest? Could Jester be going there?
Mean Streaker

Postby RollingCoasting on September 15th, 2016, 6:06 pm
^ It's confirmed to be for Fright Fest, it's also confirmed that Jester's is being removed
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum